Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

« Asphodel »

+11
Fix-It
Omni
ghoulerie
zenmetsu
Michael DeathFlame
Acheron
Adrian
~Dylan Battle~
Sal
WritingBookworm
Lady Senbonzakura
15 posters

Page 2 of 63 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 63  Next

Go down

« Asphodel » - Page 2 Empty Re: « Asphodel »

Post by Comrade Squid Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 pm

A Wrathmonger lieutenant entered the room after Drekavic had been carried out. Lucifer turned to greet him.
"Gorgoth," he began, "Drekavic has until nightfall to get out of the city. Instruct the others to kill him if they ever see him here again."

Gorgoth nodded.
"Sure thing, boss." He left the room to relay Lucifer's instructions. The General of Wrath turned to Delilah, who he hadn't spoken to until then. He walked over to her, looking out the same window she had been looking out of only a moment earlier.

"I could have killed him so easily... Ahriman knows I wanted to." He confided to his bonded. "But he was more useful to us alive."
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Sunona
~~~~

The streets of the city were filled with robust dreams, engines of ever sort, steam, thick fog that wrapped around my nostrils and back into my eyes. I buried my hand into my nose as I passed a fish vendor, whatever Piscean delicacies they had caught up had long spoiled and melted into the running ice boxes with held their corpses.

Behind her walked two of her comrades, two boys who knew nothing of a smile, their hands constantly on the hilt of their blades, as if Ahriman himself might sneak up behind them and pull from their chest fat hearts of crimson.

"Lads, let your bodies loose and feast your eyes on the fruits and delights of the city." She turned to them and said.

"I never grew up in the city." One of them said, he looked no older than seventeen.

"Tykiras, take a faith's chance on it, who knows, it might treat you well." She told him.

Two kids bumped past her, and as their eyes caught her scar, they froze.

Behind her she heard the clang of metal.

She turned to Tykiras and Eq.

Her hands went up in protest. "These are children, lads. Most of them are not deadly."

Eq sheathed his blade. "Apologize, Ma'am."

Tykiras couldn't take his eyes off of one of the children. Something invaded his mind, something deep and dark and ugly.

Sunona blocked the view of the children, looking Tykiras in the eye as his blade sat steady near her plated chest.

"Tykiras, you're not in Hel anymore. Calm, down, calm." She whispered.

Slowly, and with much hesitation did she reach for the temple of his head. His eyes, moving frighteningly slow as she made contact with his skin.

"You're okay." She whispered.

His eyes fluttered, and with a blink, his whole body rested still, his blade returning to his side. His expression looked confused and embarrassed as he turned to his comrades.

"My apologize, sometimes I get-"

"Flashbacks." She finished his sentence, smiling sympathetically.

She turned back to the children, who were scared out of their wits. She kneeled, smiling at them.

"I must apologize for my friends, little ones. They've seen many bad monsters." She whispered.

"What kind of monsters?" One of them asked.

"Terrible fiends." She recounted dramatically. "But do not fear, we're here to keep them away from you."

"How?" The older one said, his face inquisitive, old enough to understand the poetry behind her words.

"One terrible fiend at a time, my friend. One terrible, lazy fiend at a time."
~Dylan Battle~
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 pm

~Leviathan~

He could smell discord in the air. Like a shark.

Diatar Rapta Coma, the General of Anarchy, had set foot on land for the first time in weeks. And yet, despite disembarking the Rectitude's Lament, he could always feel the brine on his skin, like a thin salty blanket. And he could feel the salt permeate the air around him, infecting every living creature around him. Now that he had set his eyes on his next target, it was time to strike.

Like a shark.

"How much longer to Hadiqa?" Levi asked his current favored companion, a young lad named Shayel. Their group of Ravagers was on their way to a small, nondescript village nestled between the triad fiefs of Iskeria, Neren, and Hel. The blanche, dirt road ahead of them was empty, save for a few unfortunate traveling merchants, who immediately abandoned their carts at the sight of the pirate band. The other six Ravagers swooped down on the goods like hawks, taking food, jewelry, clothing, whatever they could get their hands on. At this point, the merchants knew better than to try and stop them. That is, unless they wanted a rapier sticking through their abdomen.

"It-It's only a few more minutes," the young man stuttered. "But, honestly, it's no trouble, sir. They probably imagine I'm already dead, I don't think we really need t-"

"Freedom costs nothing except the blood of our captors," Diatar proclaimed. "Too many of those you once knew have the ability to track you down. Allowing our oppressors to roam free is allowing them to imprison us once more at a later time. You said they follow the paths of Diligence and Chastity?"

The Elysian-Homini half-blood nodded fearfully. "They wanted me to follow a Virtue, but I never understood the point. I didn't understand-"

"Why they would force you into something like that," Levi finished. "You know, you and I are not all that different, my friend. My home tried to force me to bow to their ways. Hundreds of years ago, my best friend tried to turn me towards a path of rigidity and constraint. And you know what I did to him?"

"You... you..." Shayel trailed off.

"I did what I had to do. And now, you have to as well. If you want to follow the true Path, that is. The path of Anarchy." Levi straightened himself again. "That is what you want, right?"

Pep talks weren't really his thing right now, unfortunately for Shayel, but Levi's words seemed to have gotten to the young apprentice. The 24 year old shook his shoulders, as if trying to shake away his fears, and nodded in agreement.

"Yes. I... I want to do this. If it means a better world for us, and even if it means..." Shayel ceased once again, but it was probably better if he didn't say it out loud. Actions spoke louder than words, after all.

Diatar placed a hand on Shayel's shoulder, and their band of eight marched onto Hadiqa. It was time for Levi to pay Shayel's parents a visit.

~Namrael~

She could almost feel everything, except the beating of her own heart.

Namrael sat cross-legged in a small, minimalist room with her Bonded, Annalise. It was 9:30, which meant it was daily meditation time. Her hands clasped her knees, but she could not feel the fabric separating her legs and her palms. Instead, she allowed herself to free her spirit, bow to the greater role of the world around her.

After a point, her body began to temporarily dissipate into a fine mist from the chest down, like it was trying to become a part of the essence of space.

"From my understanding," Namrael whispered, "The Path of Humility requires an acknowledgement of the self as a part of the whole. That is, the whole of the cosmos. That makes sense, right?" She let out a deep breath, allowing herself to open her eyes and glance at Annalise.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:13 am

- Delilah -

I hum my agreement. “Better for him to live. That way he can suffer the consequences.”

- Asmodeus -

I stretch out my long, lazy arms before rolling out of bed, more pleased with myself than anything. Mammon isn’t the first General I’ve screwed, but she is one of the best. Considering her most of her competition is from the Lust Sect, that is praise indeed.

“Well,” I say, pulling up my pants and buckling my belt, “that was fun.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:17 am

{ Annalise }

"I would have to agree," I murmured pleasantly, my body and mind quietly drifting from my being. Meditation was a daily ritual for Namrael and I. And, no matter how many times we took part in it I always found comfort and wellness from it.

My eyes opened slowly at first, looking over to where Namrael was and giving a tender smile. The Archangel of Humility and me her bonded. Even now it seems unreal that I am now able to learn beside her after saving me.

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 am

Of all the things Aquila wanted to do that day, “live” certainly wasn’t one of them.

Forgiving the hellscape of of their mind, filled with memories of events no older than two years, they couldn’t bare to be here any longer. Elysians had a strange fascination with them - they stared constantly as Aquila passed, watching their every move, as if they expected the Homini to pull out a blade and begin stabbing them in a bloodlust-driven frenzy. Though Aquila had made some companions, they were also Elysians, and it made their heart jump into their throat whenever they heard Iodel or Sariel repeat the mindless propaganda she once used. The only person that wasn’t an Elysian was Jude, but he was so busy keeping up with Haziel he was hardly around.

While Iodel was kind, she was smothering, and thus Sariel was the closest thing to a friend Aquila currently had, but it was getting harder and harder to be in the same room with her because of the baby. It wasn’t her fault, nor the child’s, but Aquila felt sick any time they walked into Sariel’s room at the maternity ward. They felt as those at any moment, the room would suddenly catch fire.

But most of all, this place, Zion, it was foreign and terrible, and frankly reminded Aquila of their time in the tower. The tower itself was never a problem, but the isolation, and...other instances, still weighed painfully on their mind, and they despised any reminder.

Everything, everywhere, was a reminder, and it was making it impossible for Aquila to breathe.

In one of their restless nights, Aquila had decided it was time to return home. It wouldn’t be easy, for there wasn’t much left to return to, but it was where they belonged, truly. They considered themself to be a living ghost, a peaceless spirit of a culture eradicated, and all spirits haunt the location of their death. So, to the ruins they must go.

But first, they would need to prepare for such a journey, which would take time. For now, it would be best to alert the necessary people. The Homini had checked their rooms, and Iodel was nowhere to be found, so Sariel was to be the first to be told.

Aquila waited about an hour or so before leaving to go visit said archangel - they figured it would be best not to disturb her in the early hours. Now that they thought about it, she may have decided not to take any visitors. It was too late, though, as they were already halfway down the hallway.

There were often days that Aquila physically did not want to talk, and only after knocking on the door did it occur to them that today was one of those days.
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 am

{ Sariel }

I had just finished my preparations for the morning, throwing back intrusive thoughts as I carefully maneuvered around my room with a child making it ever so difficult to manage myself. However, I knew that no matter the cost my child--our child--was worth every minute of it.

knock knock knock

My attention peaked to the door, rubbing my back as I made my way to the door. I wasn't expecting visitors, but it was welcome regardless. Staying cooped up in the room after several, heavily debated conversations that it was the best bet of keeping me and my baby alive for now. No matter how badly I wanted to go out and help my sect and fellow Elysians. And also, start to really work towards building a more friendly Homini and Elysian relationship.

Opening the door, I was met with Aquila. For the first time in a long time my words caught in my throat. Not that I didn't want them near, but, I hadn't quite mentally prepared myself for what I was going to ask. After promising to never bond with another after Jared, it was hard enough to consider. However, with the baby on the way and my growing weakness that I could feel practically fading with every day. . . I didn't want to leave this child to be motherless when I could have done something about it. I wasn't ready to leave this world when I had a lot left to do as well. With that in mind, I knew I wanted my next bonded to be a meaningful bond, one with someone I trusted and would understand an equality between us and know this is not just to be used. I couldn't imagine using them; just that thought alone made me sick. No, it had to be mutually agreed upon and accepted by both parties.

I furrow my face into a tender look, wishing I had just said that out loud for them to hear. Even as the Archangel of Diligence I still cannot seem to get my thoughts into words. I guess I always was more of a woman of action, "Good morning, dear, it is a pleasure to see you. What brings you here?"

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 am

@Comrade Squid wrote:It took several seconds for Idriel to even register Jehudiel's presence. He was too busy thinking of his commander's imminent arrival to actually realize that he'd arrived.
When the realization set in, he jumped with surprise, nearly knocking over the coffee mug at his side. He stood up in a hurry, frantically readjusting his reading glasses.
"Lord Jehudiel!" He greeted, wings gently rising and falling with his hurried breath, "Please forgive me, I was in deep concentration and didn't notice your arrival."
Chastity... clarity of mind. Remember what Florizel taught you, Id.

Jehudiel's entrance was immediately followed by that of his bonded- a young woman of Homini blood, blonde-haired and dressed in a typical Elysian garb. "Hello!' she greeted, giving a small wave to Idriel before distracting herself with some stacks of paper on the desk to her right.

Idriel gave a brief, half-hearted wave back before returning his attention to Jehudiel. "The night's work... well, it's difficult to tell. There's so many things to do, and until plans are put into action, I can't tell if any of them are winners." He thanked Jehudiel and took the coffee pot from him, using it to refill his own mug. "How are things in your line of work? By the way, there's more cups in that cabinet over there."

Jehudiel

He hums, taking a mug from the cabinet and filling it halfway for Petra before remembering that the child does not consult any drink to make her energetic.  Petra simply is.  He blows over the top and takes a sip.  "Tedious," he says, surveying the room and eyeing his Bonded for good behavior--but she is simply playing.  "If both sides keep to skirmishes and raiding, theoretically we could go on forever.  Our lines will hold, but ..."

His eyes travel to Petra again. It was cruel of him to bring her along for poor work such as this, but she had said she liked accompanying him and he didn't have the heart to leave her lonely.  Still, she should be with children her age, not in a basement with two old men discussing a war. "We need something to break the tide, Idriel." Jehudiel took another sip, savoring it as he watched the adviser.  "Nine months, and still no sign of Elodi.  Either we make a move and push our chances, or we lay still till something stronger topples us."
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Now having to answer, Aquila sucked in a breath, and made sure to look anywhere but Sariel's stomach.

"Good morning to thee, too." They didn't want to presume they were welcome, so they stayed outside the door. "Hast thou eaten yet?" It took the Homini a moment to remember that the phrase was a Nitarem greeting, and that the Elysian would have no understanding of the true context. "Forgive me. I mean, 'how art thou?'"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Petra found a stool near one of the walls and pulled it out to sit on it. The talk bored her, but she did not need entertainment- watching Jehudiel was enough. Seeing him perform his duties with such majesty awed her every time. Ever since entering the world of the Elysians, she had been continually impressed, almost overwhelmed at times. How old everyone was, how much smarter and more mature they were than her, how much experience they had. In the Homini world, she would almost be an adult, if not considered an actual adult- but here, she felt like a baby. Jehudiel was different, and he stood out even among the other Elysians. What untold stories hid behind the years? How did he acquire such wisdom? Strangely, while these aspects were intimidating in other Elysians, they weren't in Jehudiel. In fact, they were almost comforting.

"It might not be much longer unless we go on the offensive," Idriel replied, sighing. He pulled out a chair(the one he regarded as the comfiest chair) for Jehudiel, then sat down in his own swivel chair, causing it to gently roll a bit. "There's Ravager activity in the west. The Wrathmongers have been quiet far too long, and will likely be on the move again." He looked downward, running his right hand through his wavy hair in thought. "I... have battle plans, but I can't in good conscience draw troops away from Jehiliath to accomplish them. That city is too strategically important, and we both know how much the Sheolfolk want it."

---

"Precisely," Lucifer growled back in satisfaction.

He paused a moment before addressing Delilah again. "I intend to mobilize the army soon. We've been idle too long... the other Generals have enjoyed the Sundering. They've basked in the absence of their master, enjoying frivolous pursuits while the cat's away. But I am confident that Ahriman will return, and I intend to have accomplished much when he does."
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 63 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 63  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum