Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

+3
Captain Whitehawk
~Dylan Battle~
Adrian
7 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L Empty [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

Post by Adrian Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 pm

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L Limina13
APP THREAD | DISCUSSION THREAD

CURRENT CHARACTERS

~DYLAN BATTLE~
Penelope Grace (OC)
Fortune Morningstar (OC)
Fiona Morningstar (OC)
Dylan L.

ADRIAN
Diatar Rapta Coma/Levi (Asphodel)
Adrian “Kinez” Kuznetsov (Camp Half-Blood)
Clayton Thornton (Camp Half-Blood)
Peter Brannon (Camp Half-Blood/OC)
Malina du Asile (Evergreen)
Bridget Baumgartner (Harwell’s)
Octarine (Harwell’s)
Aidec Farenart (IR: Awakening)
Zhoten Dahl-Nador (Soulblade)
Caden Harcourt (GW2)
Adrian
Rolen Liadon (OC)

CAPTAIN WHITEHAWK
Tor

COMRADE SQUID
Sammy the Paraceratherium (cursed abomination)
Annie McCallister (Harwell’s)

LADY SEN
Temple Reynolds (Camp Half-Blood)
Lady Iliyana Mahon (Irongale)

SAL
No. 04 || Relic (OC)
Callion (OC)

WRITINGBOOKWORM
Astra Capricorn (OC)
Electra Reynolds (Camp Half-Blood)
Writing
Elias Carstairs (IR)
Gentry Yate (IR)
Alric Aldaine (Soulblade)
Karra Aldaine (Soulblade)
Zacharias (The Divine)

bold underline denotes a Maker - a self-insert

IT IS HIGH NOON (12:00PM).

Bridget & Aidec
A SNOW-CAPPED MOUNTAIN.:
~Bridget~

It was the cold that woke me up.

My eyes fluttered open to a bitter landscape. Frozen rocks were battered by flurries of snow, and I pulled myself together in an attempt to keep myself from getting frostbit. As I rose, I caught a break in the storm - I was on a mountain top.

“How…” My words were transformed into a puff of water vapor. I was… I was just in Nevada. Silverwave was standing next to me, and we were… we were...

...Did something go horribly wrong?

There was a pathway next to me - it was odd that I didn’t notice it before. I staggered towards it, down the slope of the mountain, and for a few minutes I made decent progress.

Until I slipped on a patch of ice.

My footing lost, I felt myself skidding faster down the side, uncontrolled. Rocks and icicles slammed into my face and palms, and I could see a dangerous rock wall ahead. There was no way to stop myself. I squinted my eyes, preparing for the smashing of my bones as I inevitably met my doom.

“Woah!”

A hand shot out, grabbing my right leg. I slid upside down, my head pointing downwards toward the rock wall. I found myself in rougher ground - uncomfortable and snowy, but I could recompose myself. I stumbled to my feet, easing myself as I examined my cuts and bruises.

“T-T-Thanks,” I whispered. The wind seemed to have been knocked out of me, and I could only make out some features of the man that saved my life.

“No problem. A shame you landed here the way you did.” He spoke with a strange accent - I couldn’t pinpoint where he might be from. Come to think of it…

“W… Where am I?” I asked, looking around at my surroundings. There’s no way I should be in the mountains. It was impossible.

“This is the Marches,” he muttered, contempt in his voice. “Worse place in the goddamn multiverse.”

“Multiverse…” What did that even mean? Was that like Vincent’s deal? “I-I’m Bridget. Bridget Baumgartner.”

A torch lit up, heating the air around us and illuminating the man’s face. As it turned out, he appeared to be somewhere around my age. Brown hair, green eyes, and with prosthetic limbs. He must have been in some accident. Or, judging from his facial features, maybe he was in battle once. Some kind of war?

“Nice to meet you, Bridget,” he greeted. “My name’s Aidec Farenart.”

Octarine and  Like a Star @ heaven *~me~* Like a Star @ heaven
A FLOWERY FIELD.:
~Octarine~

I woke up in a flowery field.

Really, Adrian, that’s how you start me off?

...hey. I’m talking to you. Where the hell am I? I was just in Austin or Dallas or wherever it is. Texas is the same no matter where you go. I don’t care about city names. This is definitely not Texas. Or Kansas, even. At least I’m pretty sure.

I stood up, rising to my feet and patting the dirt off of myself. Wherever I was, I switched genders. I must have been out for some time for that to happen. Seriously, where did you guys end up throwing me? Am I even on the same planet?

An arrow appeared at my feet, facing my 10 o’clock position. It kinda reminded me of those directional things that video games have. You know, the ones that point you to your mission location. I decided to follow it because I had nothing better to do.

~Adrian, He Who Is Definitely Not Regretting Making Ten Characters (Including Himself) Right Now~

Oh boy. How do I do this. Tor made it look so easy.

All right, my surroundings. It looks like a field. Lots of flowers. Don’t know their names because I’m not a fuckin’ botanist. I guess I could Google some pretty looking ones and describe them that way, but honestly does it really matter? Oh, and there’s a babbling brook on my right.

“What’s Up?” by 4 Non Blondes is playing. In my head. I’m actually listening to Spotify while typing this sentence. I wonder how long it’s going to be before this scene is posted. At least it’s a fitting song.

Anyways, Octarine’s arrow should be leading him to me. Though I don’t know why I want him to meet up with me. What are we even going to do? I’ve never been an RPG character before, I don’t know how to progress my own plot line. Just like real life.

Sure enough, Octarine’s green hair popped up over the horizon. He looked at me for a few seconds before continuing down the knoll.

“Hello?” He asked, as if he’s never seen one of his gods before.

“Uh…” I said very intelligently. “I mean, good, you made it to me!”

“Oh, you’re the one that made that weird arrow thing?” Octarine folded his arms, staring behind me at the flowing water. “You know what’s going on here, then?”

“I…” Really, guys, how do I go about explaining this? “Sort of. It’s a long story…”

~Octarine~

Oh.

OH.

Oh, you fucker. You absolute fool.

“Did you just fucking insert yourself into this… wherever this is?” I asked incredulously. This was Adria- no, this is you. I’m not referring to you in the third person. That’s… I don’t know what it is, but it’s weird.

“It doesn’t matter,” you said. “I can still read these posts, so you might as well refer to me that way. Besides, it’s actually kinda confusing if you say ‘you’ in place of ‘Adrian,’ when referencing dialogue. Makes it sound like you’re talking to the reader.”

Well… he had a point. Or you did. I don’t even know anymore. This is making my head hurt.

“Mine too,” Adrian said. “We should walk. I don’t think it’s wise to stand still out in the open this long, anyways.”

And so we walked. As we did, I decided to ask what the hell is going on here.

“What the hell is going on here?” I asked, before Adrian cut away to anothe

Malina & Zhoten
A CITY OF LOST DREAMS.:
~Malina~

The Lacuna had a lot of problems. One of the biggest ones was Zhoten.

“Can you quit leaving beer bottles all over the place?” I demanded, throwing a brown glass bottle into the trash bin. Zhoten responded with a charming belch. Where the hell did even find so many?

“It’s my aesthetic,” he grumbled, fumbling with some pages he ripped out of a journal. “Any sign of Aidec?”

“No,” I bemoaned. “It’s been three days. Should we send out a search party?”

Zhoten shook his head, purplish hair bouncing. “It’s too dangerous. I wouldn’t risk sending more people.”

“But he could be in danger.” I folded my arms, staring down the alien. “Is it right to condemn him?

“Well,” Zhoten muttered semi-thoughtfully. “...no. But wasn’t he a part of some adventurer’s guild? I’m sure he can handle himself.”

Adrian & Peter
THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.:
~Adrian (the demigod)~

I awoke in the ruins of my cabin.

The groggy feeling overtaking my mind initially led me to believe I was dreaming. It would have been a fucked up dream, waking up in the desolation of the camp I once loved, but that’s typically for children of the gods. We don’t get to have fun dreams.

My feet swung to the side of my bed, and my bare feet pressed down on the cold hard tiles. Something was strange about this dream. It felt too real. Even more realer than real, if that made sense. I gazed at the fallen walls of my cabin, at the bare sky breaking through the collapsed ceiling above me. What had happened?

“H-Hello?” My voice broke, like I had just woken from a long slumber. No answer. I suppose whoever else was here wasn't in the mood to talk yet?

I grabbed my sword, which was resting conveniently at the foot of my bunk. The cold Stygian iron broke through the staleness of the air, and I held it aloft as I edged toward the cabin door. Taking the tip, I gently nudged the door open. It fell gradually, with a groaning creak, and slammed into the ground, completely torn from its hinges.

"Ye gods," I muttered, stepping over the door. I felt different, more different than I had in the past three years. Like I was free from... something. Maybe not my step-parents. Maybe it was something else-

The shadow darted past me again, bolting into a large patch of huge, pointed boulders and out of sight. Now, I know it's been a while since I've been back at camp, but if I recalled correctly, there shouldn't have been any field of boulders surrounding the Hecate cabin.

This definitely wasn't Long Island. Come to think of it, I don't even think it was anywhere on Earth. Or Olympus. Or in the Underworld.

I continued after the figure.

Levi & Clayton
A PIRATE'S GALLEON.:
~Levi~

Did this place ever fucking end?

I stood at the bow of my ship, Rectitude's Lament, and gazed at the rocky coastline dragging by port-side. The edge stretched on like fractals, into the mist ahead.

Behind me, various figures darted back and forth, working to keep the ship moving ahead and away from the deadly rocks threatening to dash this ship to pieces. I didn't really know who they were. Mostly Homini, actually. Or so I deduced. They called themselves human. That's the same thing, right? They were actually the ones sailing my ship when I first found her again a year ago. When I threatened to split their throats in two, they offered to be my crew, which was actually quite convenient since I didn't know where my original crew went.

The rest of my time here, I spent trying to find a way back to Asphodel. And for the first time in over a thousand years, I was beginning to feel a bit hopeless.

"MAN OVERBOARD!"

My crew rushed to the starboard side of my ship, pointing and shouting at the others to grab a rope. Curious, I strolled over, pushing my way to the front.

"Move it. Let me get a closer-" My words caught in my throat as I looked down. On a lonely piece of driftwood lay a curious looking man. He wore strange blue pants and an orange shirt. His hair was tousled, and in place of feet were hooves like cattle. But it was what was on his head that grabbed my attention. Horns. Was he some sort of Sheolfolk mutant?

"Bring him up. NOW." I barked at my crew, who scrambled to the pulleys. After a few minutes, the man rose to the side of the ship and was hoisted onto the deck, soaking wet.

The crew stood with me, staring down at the strange beast on my ship. Irritated, I glared at them.

"Well?! Who the hell is keeping this ship from crashing? Back to work, you fools!" I hissed at them, and they scattered back to their posts, leaving me and the man alone.

After a few minutes, his eyes fluttered open.

~Clayton~

Adrian... My mind ached, fuzzy and dim from - well, from whatever happened to me. The smell of sea water slowly woke me, and I opened my eyes to a pair of black boots, right near my face.

"Uhhh...." I gradually pulled myself into a sitting position, glancing up at the figure. His arms were folded, and a pair of horns grew from the top of his head. I'd say he was a satyr, if it wasn't for the pair of wings he sported behind him.

His glare turned into a disturbing grin, a smile that alerted just about every alarm in my brain.

"Welcome to the crew," he boomed.

*FYI I'm just establishing some starting locations so if you want to RP with any of these guys feel free!

Last edited by Adrian on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L Empty Re: [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:22 pm

~Dylan~

This was odd.

I had remembered this place from a long time ago. Back when I was a frequent meditator, I would think up this place to go and store my thoughts. A construct built to house all my peace and emotion, a place where I wanted to go when I died.

I never thought I'd actually end up here.

"Sir." A grey eyed wolf stood beside me as I pricked my fingers on the heart shaped lilies.

"Fudge knuckles!"

"Sir, please do not touch the heart lilies, they are very sensitive flowers." The wolf said again.

I stared at the wolf, his grey eyes contrasted deep against his black pelt, he was huge, maybe spanning ten feet, and if I wasn't familiar with him, I would've ran for the hills.

"Wolfimeticus?" I smiled. "Long time no see."

"I was afraid you were never going to come back." He added.

I looked around. "This isn't the Astral Plane, is it?"

Wolfimeticus changed in a rapture of smoke and grey cloud, morphing into a grey eyed mirror image of me. "I'm frankly unsure, myself. The energy here it's-"

"Different." I finished. Sucking the blood out of my thumb.

"Despite the unfamiliar plane, the magic of the Rose Garden still seems to be very potent. A completely realistic replica of the real thing. Including your Seven Walls of Wonders."

My eyes widened. "They still work?"

He sighs. "I've been informed that there is some damage on the eastern side of the dome. Intruders."

"What kind of intruders?"

"Nothing you can't handle. Gaba and Romeo have made them guests in the Waterfall Hall. They seem to be in the same shape as you, if not worse."

I sigh, looking down at my clothes. "Is this a black jumpsuit? Why am I wearing a black jumpsuit?"

"As your daemon, I'll have you know that that black jumpsuit is equipped with extra durability. I don't know what dangers lurk beyond these walls, in or out."

I give a half assed grin. "Thank you Meta."

We walk.

"Next time, I want a cape."
~Dylan Battle~
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 am

Lads I Am Back And I Am Happy To Be Here

The key to writing shit is to write shit. Which is why I waste no time in sliding myself through walls and barriers and every little nook and cranny between me and this liminal space.

Ah, but that's the catch. The moment I start resisting, start imagining walls between myself and the place I mean to get to, the moment they start appearing. Now it's not a matter of movement, it's a matter of fighting obstacles. Why would I fight myself? Why would I fight my own writing?

I'm standing in a field of flowers. I'm sure it would smell amazing, if only I could smell. For now, I'm content looking over it. I resist the urge to roll in them because I know I would crush them, but the desire is still there. I have not been able to indulge my dirt-loving dreams in a long time.

You fool! I think, imagining that thought in Ian McKellen's voice, and I am bidden with purpose by Gandalf. I am on a quest. Yes. I am on a quest because I was going to go on a roadtrip with a Definitely Not Magnus Chase character but I was usurped by Adrian's schoolwork, which I am not upset about entirely because I understand, but I am still upset because I have been Waiting.

"Tally ho, boys!" I yell at the horizon because there's no reason for me to walk when I frankly don't have to. They're wandering sorta aimlessly, kinda like they're still imagining flowers when they could just pick a direction. Like writer, like character. "Hey! Hey! It's me! The plot!"
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 am

@Captain Whitehawk wrote:I am on a quest because I was going to go on a roadtrip with a Definitely Not Magnus Chase character but I was usurped by Adrian's schoolwork, which I am not upset about entirely because I understand, but I am still upset because I have been Waiting.

~Adrian, He Who Is Totally Not Comfortable With Being Called Out Like That~

Usurped? How dare you.

Also I took a semester off so if there's still schoolwork I need to be doing them I'm doubly fucked.

"Oh, good, Tor's here. Finally." I said amicably and with absolutely no snark in my voice.

"Wait, you're bringing Tor into this?!" Octarine exclaimed, folding his arms. "She's pure. She's innocent."

"Nobody here is any of those three words."

"I said only two."

"Really?" I read back. Pure, innocent,... "Oh shit. Thought I wrote three adjectives. Anyways," I stretched my arms, despite not having any athleticism in my body. Not to say I was fat. I'm not. Stop thinking that. "You said you wanted to go on an adventure, Tor?"

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:30 am

Is It Appropriate To Affirm Someone's Self Esteem If They Didn't Technically Say Them To You Or Should You Wait For Them To Have Their Moment, Asking For a Friend

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you two," I say, "because I don't.  I have no sense of time."

I pull out my phone and tap at it.  "Messages, Oct, messages."  Just to test something, I pull up a maps app and -- nope, nothing.  No signal?  How is that possible?  I open up Discord.  Oh, Dylan writes indie music -- cool!  "Congratulations, lads, we can't be documented with a map app unless we force it."  I put my phone away.

"In that case--" I change our scenery.  The flowers slowly fade away and now we stand in a field of long grey-brown grass.  It ripples with a gentle wind, a wave of movement that fades out in the distance before beginning again like the surf.  I don't take us to the house.  Not yet.  "There've been places I'd meant to explore with Octarine because I figured it'd be fun -- and I have cool people he could meet -- but if you like the sound of that, you could join us too, Adrian.  It'd be a fun little walk and talk, you know?"

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:38 am

@Captain Whitehawk wrote:Is It Appropriate To Affirm Someone's Self Esteem Concerns If They Didn't Technically Say Them To You Or Should You Wait For Them To Have Their Moment, Asking For a Friend

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you two," I say, "because I don't.  I have no sense of time."

I pull out my phone and tap at it.  "Messages, Oct, messages."  Just to test something, I pull up a maps app and -- nope, nothing.  No signal?  How is that possible?  I open up Discord.  Oh, Dylan writes indie music -- cool!  "Congratulations, lads, we can't be documented with a map app unless we force it."  I put my phone away.

"In that case--" I change our scenery.  The flowers slowly fade away and now we stand in a field of long grey-brown grass.  It ripples with a gentle wind, a wave of movement that fades out in the distance before beginning again like the surf.  I don't take us to the house.  Not yet.  "There've been places I'd meant to explore with Octarine because I figured it'd be fun -- and I have cool people he could meet -- but if you like the sound of that, you could join us too, Adrian.  It'd be a fun little walk and talk, you know?"

~Adrian, He Who Just Lets People Change His Own Setting Like *That*~

"Well, considering I have literally no other plans with myself, I supposed I'll tag along." The scenery shifted around me, and the light breeze made me squint slightly. I looked over at my character, and rolled my eyes. Damn kids these days.

"Octarine, get off your phone please," I muttered.

"Okay, mom," he hissed, closing out Discord. "Wait, where are we??"

I looked around at the brown grass. "Yeah, what is this place?"

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:50 am

(So I’m gonna be vague about Astra’s location, so anyone can RP with her if they want to)

- Astra -

“Hello?” She drew her cloak around her, looking around her surroundings like a frightened animal. “Hello?”

She couldn’t see anyone in sight. Panic shot up her throat. She tried to take a deep breath, but all she could think about was that she was most certainly away from the manor. “Nocturne? Nocturne! Where are you?” She whimpered; without him to protect her, how would she survive this place?

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 am

~Aidec~

I was not expecting some girl to be stuck here on the mountaintop.

In fact, I was looking for another portal. My hovercraft got destroyed by some kind of meteor, and judging from my communicator, there should be another one close by. I hated the things, but if it meant I got to return to base, so be it. I was not going to die out here.

“Bridget. I take it you’re from that Earth planet?” It wasn’t a bad question, but it seemed to bewilder her.

“Earth… planet? I mean, y-yeah. Is that not where you’re from?” Her facial expression furrowed into a confused look.

“I’m from a continent called N’al Ren,” I explained, “But it sure as hell doesn’t matter now. Anyways, yeah, a lot of people that end up here come from Earth. Wonder if it means something. Hold this, will you?”

I handed her the torch, which she accepted with shaky hands. Pressing a couple buttons on my communicator, it gave off several beeps. An icon pointed north? South? Who knows, but it was towards the direction of the rock wall that Bridget almost slammed into. Definitely a good sign.

“All right,” I said, gesturing for her to follow. “Let’s go. There’s a portal here, and-”

"Hello? Hello?"

A small voice piped up above the howling wind. Bridget looked at me, eyes wide.

"Someone else. She's over here! This way!" The girl made her way down the mountainside and, slightly annoyed, I followed her.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 am

Anything and Everything You Could Want, Dear

"Well, that's the thing, isn't it?"  I shift us again.  I imagine the mansion in its entirety, with us standing on its walk: a sprawling, broken porch, a dusky, burnt umber door with a heavy knocker and no knob, rows of windows and distant turrets, three levels at least, the entire monstrosity masquerading as the awning of the mountain it's been built into, the carefully constructed gateway to a much greater evil.  I let us stand there for a moment to take it in--the dry, chilly breeze that sweeps its rafters, the ominous weight of its shadows, the foundations of stone that grind upon the cliff face--before whisking us away again.

I always imagine this part of the world as a wide, clear lake with green shores and I'm not entirely sure why because I don't know how it could be so peaceful.  But the waters shimmer as the sun over our heads kisses its little waves, and in the distance I see tall trees and hazy mountains behind those. The air is warmer, cleaner, brighter here, and I can sense fish in the waters. There is nothing to fear here. It is a watering hole perhaps, one that provides not so much sustenance as quiet. Nurturing for the soul, soothing for the mind.

The place I take us to next is one I had visited the night before.  I don't take us down, because we should not go there, but I let us stand at the entrance.  It's the maw of an old subway, several rows of tarnished railings descending into a damp, foreboding gloom. The wet concrete beneath our feet is vaguely brown with filth, and trash lines the courtyard around us. Metal awnings span the sky, and chain link fences bar our potential exit routes. I hear a rustle, the crinkle of a plastic bag and I turn, checking the surroundings.  No one can theoretically appear unless I or another allows it, but it's improbable that we are alone.  I take us back to the first field.

"We could be anywhere," I say.  "There's no significance from one place to the next unless we give it meaning or a name, you see, so "where are we" is sort of relative.  I'm happy to explain, however, if I know and that would aid you.  For now, this is a field.  But--"  I point to the east, to the awkward looking three-story farmhouse-with-a-tower that leans a little.  "--it could very easily lead us somewhere else.  This is just a middle ground.  It's very much a place, I just haven't thought to name it.  It holds friends, if you'd like to meet some of mine."
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:00 am

- Astra -

The wind howled, ripping several strands of hair from her chignon. She peered into the distance, where two figures emerged.

Nocturne? She looked up hopefully, even running forward. She stopped when she got a good look. A boy and a girl, both brunettes. Neither of them Nocturne. Her heart sank.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down