Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
Heir Eternal EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Heir Eternal EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Heir Eternal EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

Heir Eternal EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Heir Eternal EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
Heir Eternal EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
Heir Eternal EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Heir Eternal EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Heir Eternal EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Heir Eternal

+5
Ace
Cana
boyhoy
Nishioya
Adrian
9 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Heir Eternal Empty Heir Eternal

Post by Hime Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:57 pm

Twinkling lights float around the courtyard of Hollow Hall. They mirror the warm colors of the evening sky, painted by the dying sun. Imps scurry about, balancing trays of food on their long bony fingertips and filling gold goblets with wine.

High King Oren observes with contemplative silver eyes that are settled underneath his circlet, clad in a finely embroidered silver and green doublet. One of the head servants approaches.

“Your majesty,” he says. “Are the preparations to your liking?”

He answered with a gentle smile. High King Oren was well-liked by the people of Elfhame; he was docile in nature, though that made many regard him as cowardly. “Of course. Everything looks splendid.”

Faeries are immortal beings. Time does not wear down on their physical forms. High King Oren’s soul, however, has grown weary. His spirit died alongside his wife, Queen Gwendolyn, who lost her life delivering his youngest son. Since that day, a dark cloud seemed to loom over Elfhame and the hearts of its subjects.

Talk of a coronation is beginning to sprout. King Oren has three offspring, all eligible for the throne, all at the mercy of his choice. The kingdom is evenly split in their favor and has organized themselves into social circles that rally behind who they believe to be the worthiest ruler.

King Oren loves his children. He regards each of them with pride. None can quite figure out who the most likely successor is. Many believe it to be Calum, the only one of the three who carries visible respect and affection for his father, but they also believe him to be weak. It’s an evolving mystery that swells with constant whispers of concern.

Elegant music begins to float in the cool night air. It is quickly sullied by the maestro, who chastises the meek Faerie on the pan flute for playing off-key. This party is a weekly event, but it never fails to fill King Oren with a nostalgic warmth. His gaze moves to the large oaken doors that lead to the foyer of Hollow Hall. Soon, his children will emerge to partake in the festivities. He thinks particularly of Fen, and then of the news concerning him, a news that will ride in the wake of the party’s lively waves.

- Niamh -

Sunlight filters in through the windows and pools like honey on the glossy hardwood floors of my room. I was awake before the sunset, sitting at my oaken vanity and carefully weaving my grey hair into plaits. I study the verdancy of my eyes. Then, the divots of my collarbones. Finally, the thick ram horns that curl at the sides of my head. My nose wrinkles. Familiar disappointment settles across my expression, and I was met with a sinking yearning for more than this routine.

A gentle rap comes at my door. “Come in.”

My father’s face emerges. “Good eve, marigold,” he greets. A small smile blooms at the sound of my nickname. “The carriage is here.”

Banquets at Hollow Hall are a commonality in Elfhame. It was unusual to not attend a party there at least once a week; the Fae lived to wear the grass down until dawn broke.

“I’ll finish getting ready,” I tell him, and he slips out without another word.

I dress myself in a maroon ballgown and eye the silver dew droplets that adorn its billowing skirts. I run my fingertips along my exposed shoulders, then turn to study the way the open bodice accentuates the curve of my back. The Fae were usually quite thin, but I swayed towards an hourglass figure. The comparative size of my breasts and hips with other Fae women made my cheeks color with embarrassment, but I will never admit my shame.

When I exit my room, I’m startled by a meek human servant hovering by my door. She’s young, face dreamy with enchantment, holding up a pair of dirtied leather boots. “Where would you like your riding boots, miss?” she asks.

My face automatically twists with disgust. “I told you outside, didn’t I?” With a final scoff, I head downstairs and into the chill night.

~~~

The steeds whinny from the front of the carriage. I watch as the last of the sun sinks below the horizon, out past an expanse of trees.

“Are you looking forward to tonight?” my father inquires. He carries an air of hesitance I’ve never seen before.

I shrug. “It’ll be how their parties always are.”

“You never know. Tonight could be different.”

My eyes roll at this. Then, we fall into a silent lull. Hollow Hall isn’t too far from our manor, but it’s still a considerable ride. Father and I normally talk the entire way there, but not tonight. Something encourages us to keep our mouths shut.

He breaks the silence with the worst possible question: “What do you think of Prince Fen?”

Most people, in or out of the Gentry, have pretty uniform answers. He’s the most eligible bachelor in the kingdom: Handsome, diplomatic, a likely successor to the High King. Girls in my Gentry lessons will swoon over his shapely arms and torso, hoping to get a peek at him training. Countless people yearn to roll with him in his royal sheets. I, however, don’t trust him one bit.
The Gentry children are all well-acquainted with the royal children.

We often school and train together, almost as equals. I have known Fen, Cyrene, and Calum all my life. Their perfect faces are ingrained into almost all of my childhood memories, yet there will always be an uncoverable distance between us. Our lives are intertwined with competition, lies, and betrayal. There was no rest for the nobles – especially not the ones who have to fight for their inheritance.
I pretend to mull over his question. “He’s a Silverbriar.”

Father’s eyebrows elevate. “What do you mean by that?” His tone is testing.

“I…” Words can’t illustrate the dread I feel when I think of the Silverbriar children. Especially not to a man who’s sworn to serve them for the rest of his life. I settle on saying, “He’s respectable.”

He sits back, letting his shoulders relax. “I’m glad to hear that,” he tells me, though there’s underlying disappointment in his words. “The Circle of Lions is crucial to the flourishment of this kingdom.”

I don’t say anything else, but I wear a small smirk. There was nothing crucial about the Circle of Royal Brats.

- Lark -

I approach the grand entry of the Greenwell estate, exchanging pleasantries with the familiar servants with whom I’m acquainted. I'm suited in a royal blue vest that I stole long ago, feigning nobility with an air of righteousness. As soon as I reach the door, it opens to a curious looking Imp with ink black eyes staring up at me.

“Evening,” I greet him. “I’m here to pick up Mael.”

He says nothing. He retreats back into the manor, presumably to fetch him.
Hime
Hime

Back to top Go down

Heir Eternal Empty Re: Heir Eternal

Post by Kane Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:18 pm

-Mael-

I pick a spec of dust off of my forest green jacket, the silver accents shimmering in the meek light being thrown off by the candelabra on the writing desk. My chest shudders slightly as I took a breath, my hand falling to my side as I take one last look in the mirror. Everything looks right, natural almost; even my fake ears look like a part of me now after years of having to wear them. Hearing a knock at my door, I clench my fist to steel my nerves.

"Yes?" I say, adopting the steadiest voice I could. Events like this made me nervous for more reasons than just my ears. It also meant talking to and seeing people which was almost worse. The door creaks open and an Imp inches slightly into the room.

"Master Lark for you sir," he says, his voice gravelly from periods of disuse throughout his life. I look in the mirror one last time, moving a few strands of loose white hair from my forehead. I give the servant a nod and a small smile, my eyes downcast on the slate floor of my room. The smile on my face was gone as soon as it had appeared, knowing such an act to a servant wasn't in accordance with most of faerie norms. Leaving my room, I walk quickly to the main hall, attempting to not appear too anxious about the whole affair.
Kane
Kane
Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Brynmor

I adjusted my two-piece suit - a beautiful set of dark red and gold-lined garments I obtained from somewhere in the human world - as I gazed around the courtyard. I was the first of my brothers and sisters to arrive; they would all be arriving with their own little families. Meanwhile, my father had just arrived in his own silver carriage.

"You look tolerable," Father muttered as he brushed past me, eyeing the Maestro as he berated the performers. "That man is tone deaf... what happened to all the respectable musicians in this kingdom?"

I glared at Father as he walked over to some stuffy-nosed aristocrats, no doubt hoping to mingle and land himself some more performances. Of course, he would succeed - all anyone ever talked about to my siblings and I was how talented and captivating he was. He was never one to put his children on a pedestal, often leaving us in the care of the humans. If only mother was still here.

"Aperitif, sir?" An enchanted human held a platter up, her face mystified. I grabbed a glass, paying no other regard to her as I wandered around the courtyard. The guests were slowly filing in. Some I knew well - others very well, if you catch my drift. Carnal decisions were somewhat on the back burner for tonight, though; I heard rumor that this party was no ordinary gathering.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 pm

~Calum~

I stand close to my window as I dress for the latest party, peeking through the drawn curtains as guests begin to approach the gates. I look between those exiting the gilded carriages and the guards, taking some solace in their presence. In honesty I wished there were more people protecting the castle, but I know that I would just be called paranoid and ignored if I requested such a thing. It was easier to shut my mouth and worry in silence.

I finally move from my vantage point to make sure I looked presentable. My suit was nothing special, black fabric cut close to my body with only a few silver accents on the buttons and sleeves. As a prince I was expected to look regal and put together, but it soothed my mind to know that I could easily blend into a crowd in such an ensemble. I take a few deep breaths as I stand in front of the mirror, eyes catching on my visible scars as I try and slow my breathing. If I pay attention, nothing can happen to me tonight. I just need to find familiar faces and speak to no strangers until I know exactly what they are here for.

A knock at the door pulls me abruptly from my thoughts and I turn quickly, "Yes? Who is it?"

"Me, your highness," a thankfully familiar voice sounds and Katia opens the door slowly. I instinctively take a step back as she enters, but she keeps her head bowed, "The party is just about to begin, I believe your father wants to see you and your siblings."

"Thank you," I say quickly, watching closely as she straightens herself up. Something in her eyes still makes me uneasy, but it might just be that every servant makes me nervous now. However, she has been nothing but kind to me so I find little reason to be rude to her, "I will be out soon."

"Yes, your highness," she says with a bow and leaves the room as quickly as she arrived.

With a few more deep breaths I wait for her footsteps to fade down the hallway. I move to my bedside and carefully pluck a knife from underneath my pillow, carefully hiding it in my sleeve before I finally leave the safety of my bedroom.
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishioya Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 am

-Fía-

I awake to the faint sound of shouting. As I look around I remember I'm near the top of the of one of my favorite trees. I stop and enjoy the view of the sky as moon shines it pure light down upon landscape. I stop and enjoy the view that I have grown to accustom to seeing, acknowledging all the different trees and distant homes that have been intertwined among the forest. But the tranquility of the moment is disturbed by a slightly louder but much more directed now voice," Fía for the hundredth time come down from there now! We have forbade you from climbing trees." The voice was of my mother, and as much as I loved the view I liked her slightly more.

I descended the tree with some speed due to quite a bit of experience. As I landed on the ground beside her I raise my hands like the humans who flip from pole to pole do. I sat awaiting an applause but once I opened my eyes I was greeted smack to the head and a scolding. After some time and more scolding, I was dressed, and we were headed toward the royal manor.

Once we arrived I was filled with terror what would I do if I saw Calum? My mind was focused on how I would speak? how I would appear and whether or not I was allowed to speak to him in the first place. My family was not one in the gentry we were only invited due to my affinity with dance, but because of my dance I was invited to join the Circle of the Swans.

Once I arrive, I'm immediately board of all pleasantries, I speak to the other members of the Circle of Swans. Nothing they talk about ever interests me it always has to do with how they now have this new thing and how everyone will be jealous and how they hope it will allow them to get closer to Cyrene.
Nishioya
Nishioya

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:19 am

~Fen~
I tug on the sleeves of my coat and give myself another quick glance in the mirror, slicking back some of my golden blonde hair that had fallen out of place. "Make sure the Rinaldis are taken care of. I heard whispers that they were debating on wavering in their support. Nothing has been publicly announced yet, but we need to end it before it can gain traction," I say offhandedly over my shoulder, nodding at the new placement of my hair.

"Of course, your Highness," one of my aides agrees readily, bowing before hurrying out of the room.

I let out a sigh as I turn from my mirror. Pity about the Rinaldi family. They had so much potential to be useful yet they had to squander it away. No matter, everyone was replaceable these days and it would do me no good to dwell on such thoughts. Strife would show on my face and I needed my mask of cheerfulness and nobility to be as pristine as ever for tonight.

With that, I throw open the doors to my chambers and exit into the hallway. It's not too long before I spot Calum and hurry my pace to fall into line besides him.

"Greetings, dear brother!" I address with a wide smile. "Excited for the festivities this evening?"

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:20 am

- Niamh -

When we arrive, Father slides out of the carriage first. He then holds a gloved hand out to me. I take it and gather my skirts in the other, head already swimming with bright music that seems to shimmer in the chilly night air. My bare porcelain shoulders texture with goosebumps.

The sooner I can get a goblet of wine, the better.

As I enter the threshold of the party, an Imp elevates a platter of sparrow hearts towards me. I pluck one from the tray and slide it between my teeth, contemplating those who have arrived.

I catch sight of a blond clad in an odd combination of red and gold, a pattern I've never seen before. Brynmor Greathill. Of course. I slide past another servant, lift a wine glass off his platter, and approach.

"Very Fae-like clothes," I say to him, tone dripping with sarcasm. "Maybe they'll help you pick up some poor souls to sleep with after this party's over."

- Lark -

The familiar face of Mael encourages a genuine smile from me. We knew each other's secrets well, and he maintained my true identity behind this 'family friend' facade. I could tell he wasn't keen on going to this party - and I wasn't either - but there was undoubtedly valuable information floating about there.

"Good to go?" I ask.
Hime
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:22 am

~Calum~

I visibly jump as my brother suddenly speaks from behind me, and I barely keep myself from yelping. I close my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath to steady myself before I turn to him with a smile, keeping up our stride as we make our way down the hall. I'm surprised our sister isn't already with him, but she must still be getting ready.

"Oh! Fen, I didn't see you there. I'm...not dreading this event like I usually do, I suppose I'm getting used to them. And you? Are you ready for everything to come tonight?"
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:26 am

@Hime wrote:- Niamh -

When we arrive, Father slides out of the carriage first. He then holds a gloved hand out to me. I take it and gather my skirts in the other, head already swimming with bright music that seems to shimmer in the chilly night air. My bare porcelain shoulders texture with goosebumps.

The sooner I can get a goblet of wine, the better.

As I enter the threshold of the party, an Imp elevates a platter of sparrow hearts towards me. I pluck one from the tray and slide it between my teeth, contemplating those who have arrived.

I catch sight of a blond clad in an odd combination of red and gold, a pattern I've never seen before. Brynmor Greathill. Of course. I slide past another servant, lift a wine glass off his platter, and approach.

"Very Fae-like clothes," I say to him, tone dripping with sarcasm. "Maybe they'll help you pick up some poor souls to sleep with after this party's over."

- Lark -

The familiar face of Mael encourages a genuine smile from me. We knew each other's secrets well, and he maintained my true identity behind this 'family friend' facade. I could tell he wasn't keen on going to this party - and I wasn't either - but there was undoubtedly valuable information floating about there.

"Good to go?" I ask.

Brynmor

"Oh trust me, I certainly don't need clothes to pick up other people." I size up her clothes with only mild disdain. She certainly isn't the worst-looking person here.

However, as always, her attitude can certainly use an adjustment. "I can see you're as radiant as ever."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 am

- Niamh -

I wrinkle my nose as he sizes me up. But my expression fizzles into one of mild amusement when he teases me. "You seem impressed," I say, taking a dainty sip of my wine but keeping my eyes trained on him. "I'm flattered to have caught your attention."
Hime
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum