Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

+4
Captain Whitehawk
WritingBookworm
Adrian
Comrade Squid
8 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm Sat May 25, 2019 5:32 pm

BTS

- Lucille -

“I guess, yeah.” I shift my position, hugging my knees in front of me. This feels weird, talking to Slade like everything’s normal. “Don’t worry. Your mom and Isabelle are safe.”

- Lance -

Mmmmm, actually it was pretty bad. Though, I’m pleasantly surprised to hear she opened up as soon as their first fight together. That’s a lot better than I did when I first started out. I never told my friends about Lucille, the drakkuli, anything. “Lots of people are, it seems.” I sigh. “Man, what is it about January that just makes peoples’ lives suck? Wait . . . no, it’s February now, isn’t it?”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 2 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sat May 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Genesis had gotten annoyed by all the mixmatching scents on the inside, so she decided to go get some fresh air outside. However, when she stepped out into the cold, there was someone already there.

"Oh. Hello!"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Sat May 25, 2019 5:38 pm

~Riada~

“My name backwards is Riada, so it’s mirrored,” Adair started to explain, “Mother and father-“

He pauses, tensing up just like I had a second ago. I could tell he was thinking the same thing but he pressed on, voice a little weaker.

“They always said it was because we were twins, they didn’t know about our powers. Now we mirror each other, and travel through them, so it works.”

“You still got the cooler codename,” I tell him, grinning as he smiled again.

“Those were your idea!”
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat May 25, 2019 6:17 pm

(Uh oh, Tor. Are we getting ourselves in trouble?)

Octarine

That's supposed to be my job.

Vincent

Great. Now she was really sounding like Empathy.

"I mean, speak for yourself." I popped a chip in my mouth. "Think of the shit show your mom would throw if she found out you were about to use her codes to sneak out of the school. I feel we're all about to take some risks. Big ones. My life has been one big risk and I never even realized it."

Tristen

"I just wanted to know how you were doing. It's not been a great week for... well, anyone really." I eyed my father as he spoke with some stuff-shirt. He told me he was proud of us, but Maddens were notorious for hiding their true emotions when it really mattered.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm

(Before Time Skip)

"I'm grateful, Lucille, truly." He said with something of a smile, tears welling up in his eyes. "I can't believe they're actually safe. I may be trapped in a cell but life has been the best it's been for me in a long time."

---

(After Time Skip)

Annie nodded in affirmation.
"Yeah, it's February. No worries though, my life has sucked since December."

---

Britney must have jumped a mile when someone greeted her. Thankfully, it was only a catgirl.
"Oh, hello there, um..." Oh gosh, what was her name? It was a book of the bible, I know that much. "...Exodus, was it? Sorry, I'm terrible with names."
Wanting to be friendly, she scooted over and made room for the other girl to next to her on the bench.
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat May 25, 2019 6:38 pm

BTS

- Lucille -

Good for you. Except our lives are wrecks. Or at least, so are Gretchen and Annie’s. I at least have my brother back. A brother who finds it easier when I’m dead, apparently, but . . . still. My brother.

Even so, there’s some part of me that likes seeing Slade happy. A corner of my mouth even twitches up. “That’s saying something, if this is the best you’ve had.”

- Lance -

“December?” Oh. Wait . . . “Is that when everything happened?”

- Valerie -

I kind of have to snort at the idea of my mom finding out. I shouldn’t find that amusing. But I’ve done so many things to get her attention, smoking and drinking before coming to Harwell’s. And this? Oh, this will take the damn cake.

I’m so focused on that I almost don’t notice what he says last. “Your life is one big risk? What do you mean?”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 pm

"Well, yeah, we know how your names work." Fiachra commented, eating another saltine in one bite.

"I think Fiachra's asking if that's technically irony or coincidence."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, I'm okay!" Gretchen replied, "Everything's quiet again, so that's good!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Genesis jumped back at the girl's own jerk. Upon hearing that strange "x" word, she shook her head, "My mother named me Genesis." she explained. She glanced over the bench with caution before sitting down.
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 pm

~Riada~

“Oh, of course, sorry,” Adair was quick to apologize, cheeks going red again. At this rate I was afraid he might pass out, “Probably just coincidence, then. I doubt anyone ever expected us to start disappearing into mirrors and taking over each others’ minds.”
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 pm

(Before Time Skip)

"The weight of my sins is crushing," Slade explained, "but it's nothing compared to working for them. To act as a dog on a chain... to know that your family's life depends on success or failure in betraying everyone you know. The sheer dread I experienced every day was unlivable."

Slade realized he was slipping. He wouldn't win any favor from Lucille by complaining about his past life.
"How's Lance?"

---

(After Time Skip)

"When everything went to hell? Yeah." Annie hoped she didn't sound snappish, but it was a memory she didn't want to revisit. "I'm assuming Lucille told you all about it."

---

There was something off about Genesis. Maybe it was the fact that she was a cat.
"P-pleased to meet you, Genesis," Brittany said before extending her hand for her to shake warily, "I don't know many people here."

---

Wesley stood around awkwardly for several minutes at the reception, simultaneously hoping someone would rescue him and nobody would notice him. After some time had passed, he noticed Bridget, the girl he'd spoken to shortly before the minutes, also alone. He approached her and stood beside her, doing his best to look non-chalant but likely just coming across as terribly awkward.
"Hi."
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 pm

BTS

- Lucille -

I hate how much I relate to that. I never had my family used against me, but I also felt like an attack dog, back when I worked for Nixon. I remember how each day felt like a living hell, constantly wondering if I’d be raped or dead by the night’s end, too afraid to trust anyone.

So much has changed since then.

I shrug at Slade’s question. “He’s fine. As far as I know.”

- Lance -

“Eh, so-so,” I say, gesturing with my hand. “She told me most of the basics about that night, but she refused to go into detail.” Particularly not about this Harbinger person. Her time with him was where she’d frozen up the most.

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum