Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 63 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

« Asphodel »

+11
Fix-It
Omni
ghoulerie
zenmetsu
Michael DeathFlame
Acheron
Adrian
~Dylan Battle~
Sal
WritingBookworm
Lady Senbonzakura
15 posters

Page 63 of 63 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 61, 62, 63

Go down

« Asphodel » - Page 63 Empty Re: « Asphodel »

Post by Captain Whitehawk Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Phaedra

Tight grip, huh? It's kill or get killed. She backs them both against the balcony, drives the knife in deeper. She can't speak through the grip on her throat, which is a damn shame 'cause she'd come up with something great right about now. But kill the bitch and it's game over. Kill the bitch and Nereida's got no distractions and Nereida can't lie anymore about who's important and who's not.

A shout rings behind her. Fuckin' hell. This was supposed to be over by now. She claws off Delilah's grip, cranes her head back to watch the guards pile onto the balcony. Maybe they'd come to make sure the traitor died?

"Stop!" One man steps forward to pull her off. "What are you doing?"

Phaedra slams a fist into his helm. "Murder, duh."

The retinue swarms and robs her of her prize, their swords levied at her neck and gut and wrist before she'd let the slick hilt go. She sees a child fumbling behind them, face bloodless. Their face she knows, they'd played below the balcony only minutes before.

"Filthy little shit," she spits, and before she can rush them, gloved hands wrench her hands and shoulders back, press her against the cold stone balcony. "Empty head, know-nothing!"

A pair of soldiers detaches from the crowd holding her, they whip out cloths and start ripping for bandages. She watches the child's chin wobble through the crowd of pauldrons. They start to weep and wail, something about 'so scary,' and 'no hurting'--bumfuck fry had obviously never seen a catfight.

"Captain Kairis." Another walking set of plate parades herself onto the scene, gauntlets clasped behind her back. Thick brows and a twisted, flat nose might've given the seneschal an unfair rep as just an ugly broad, but Phaedra'd always thought she had the sexiest little pout. "Assaulting refugees? That's a little antithetical to our goals, don't you think?"

She spits. "I'm just tossing trash. We don't need this one."

"You don't get to be the judge of that." The seneschal snaps her fingers for attention. "Someone grab the Dux, she'll want to deal with her own captains, I imagine."
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:48 pm

- Delilah - 

I release my Wrath. The pain kicks in again, far more visceral this time. I sink to the floor, my back against the railing. I don’t dare move. It’s hard enough to focus on not screaming from the pain. I bite my lip as other soldiers come to my side, staunching the bleeding until proper medics arrive. 

I focus on the seneschal. In better circumstances, I’d feel smug about the Dux giving Phaedra her dues. But right now, it takes enough effort just to stay conscious.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 am

Nereida

The second I heard the news, some part of me started screaming. I focus on the sound within as I abandon my audience with apologies and pelt up stairs, peeling farther and farther away from my duties. I need to be in charge right now. I can’t risk looking unstable or like some kind of half-assed loser. I need to be strong.

I don’t feel so strong when I see what Phaedra’s done.

Phaedra, the bastard, tries to look smug when we lock eyes. I don't have the words, just a roar of frustration as I kneel beside Delilah and press a hand against the side of her face, thumbing strands of black hair out of her eyes.

“Delilah?” Her name sounds fuzzy in my mouth when I speak it. “Delilah, talk to me.”
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 pm

- Delilah -

Something small and warm strokes against my face. It makes me relax, and I start to close my eyes.

I can’t relax. I open my eyes again as a medic follows after Nereida. “Phae—“ I grit my teeth as pain spears through my body. “Phaedra. It was her.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Nereida

My free fist tightens.  "I know," I say.  A soldier eyes me, politely runs their arm beneath mine to press a new wad of cloth to the blade in Delilah's gut and mop up her dark blood.  So much blood.  

A ball of fire ignites in my chest.  I get up, stalk to Phaedra, watch her twisted face scroll through arrogance to fear to fury, my lips ripping into a snarl.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong with you?"  

Phaedra spits.  "You first.  Why're you such a slut?"

She just wants to hurt you, I tell myself, but this is already way too much.  "I thought you were on my side, why are you doing this?"

"You left me!"  She lunges, and the guards pull her back, swat the back of her head and press her face into the balcony rock.  I step forward to stop them, then stop myself.  These soldiers have this--her--under control.  But this is wrong.  My soldiers shouldn't be holding Phaedra.  We're supposed to be working together.  It should be me and her against someone else's slobs.  

"You know that's not true," I say, but my gut's turning over.

"Oh yeah?  Got no time for me 'less you want something, always someone prettier or prickier to keep you busy.  You'll let any rat worth half-penny in your chambers, you've got no honor, no spine, no balls."  Phaedra's empty eye socket stares up at me from the ground.  The guard's have got her one good eye rubbing in stone.  I hear her breath shudder.  I think she's crying.  "There's something wrong with this bitch, but you won't listen to me, so I took care of it myself."

I look to Delilah.  To say she's not doing well is an understatement.  I close and open my fists, feel the shake that's in my hands and take a deep breath.  "Delilah's not done anything.  You're wrong, Phae."

Phaedra hisses a laugh, bucks once to test the strength of her keepers (too much for even her), then subsides onto the rocks.  She's waiting for me.  I wish she'd throttle me off the balcony instead.

"It's over, Phaedra."  I swallow dry throat.  I see too much of Delilah's slumped form from the corner of my eye. "Phaedra Kairis, I exile you from this Duxship.  You've lost your rank.  You don't work for me anymore."

She pauses.  "You don't mean that."  When I can't put together words, only make a little noise through pressed lips, she repeats it louder, scared.

"I'm sorry."  I nod at her carriers.  Phaedra screams at me as they haul her away.  

I want to say we meet eyes and when sees the tears in mine, she knows how much I mean it and she knows that I'm furious and that she was wrong and this is all natural consequence of her actions but it doesn't mean I hate her, but all I see is outrage, and I don't think she sees me at all.  

Delilah.  I go and take her hand, help the crowding medical team as they try and stretch her out.  "She's gone," I tell her, and press a kiss to her fingers.  "Phaedra won't ever hurt you again."
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:12 pm

- Delilah -

I didn’t hear everything, but I heard enough. I look up at her nose, her thick hair. Nereida cast out one of her best friends for me. Me, a liar and a traitor.

It doesn’t matter, what I am or who Phaedra was to the Dux. She committed a crime, and she was punished. But there’s something weird coiling and uncoiling in my gut. I can’t name it. “I’m sorry you had to do that,” I say, and tell myself I’m only playing a part.

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Nereida

I shrug. "She chose it. Not your fault."

My hand presses against her shoulder, squeezes the muscle there. "But that's not important. You need rest. You--" I dunno what to tell her. Don't worry about your blood loss? Knives are very collectable? My eyes are getting hot. "You worry about getting better. Okay? You need to get better."
Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:20 pm

- Delilah - 

“Just stay with me,” I say. “Keep talking to me.”

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down