Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

+3
Captain Whitehawk
~Dylan Battle~
Adrian
7 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 Empty Re: [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:29 am

As she walked closer and closer to the opening of the...well, she assumed it was a cave, the light became brighter, and as she stumbled out, she lifted her hand against the sun. Where on the continent was she?

She heard voices, but didn't get a chance to look before something appeared in front of her.

"'Cave hermit'?" Iliyana looked painfully confused, "No, no, my dear, I just woke up here!" She moved her hand away, "Are you Heijiki, miss?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:14 am

@Lady Senbonzakura wrote:As she walked closer and closer to the opening of the...well, she assumed it was a cave, the light became brighter, and as she stumbled out, she lifted her hand against the sun. Where on the continent was she?

She heard voices, but didn't get a chance to look before something appeared in front of her.

"'Cave hermit'?" Iliyana looked painfully confused, "No, no, my dear, I just woke up here!" She moved her hand away, "Are you Heijiki, miss?"

~Rolen~

I walked up behind Callion, watching the new girl with interest. Heijiki? Is that bad? Should we say yes or no?

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:49 pm

~Dylan Dylan~

I stood joyously alongside Adrian, looking at his characters, all of them seemed a bit . . . what's the word? Weathered.

"Howdy. What can I help you guys with?"
~Dylan Battle~
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:40 pm

{ Callion }

"He-gee-ki?" In attempts to pronounce it I found myself even more confused, "No, I'm a Saiyan."

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Iliyana blinked. She didn't want to be rude but, she couldn't help but stare.

"A..'say-yon,' you say? I've never heard of it?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:42 pm

I don't quite remember my mannerisms

It was weird to realize I'd kept a piece of my mind in a field since December. It makes sense, though. Lately I'd been feeling as if I was stuck all the time. But shifting, moving away, that was good. And I'd finally come to realize we shouldn't be here.

I snap my fingers, and take us away from the field. Forests, I like forests. I picture Michigan, the homestead with the man-made lake, the mud-slicked ATV tracks, the mossy forest broken up by boulders and walls of rock. I'd sung and played ukulele in these woods. I don't have my uke now.

"Friends!" I say. "My apologies for my long absence, but I have indeed returned!" I wink and waggle my eyebrows at Dylan, a smile creeping across my face. "Is it weird to write yourself into a not-quite fictional world, or do you enjoy removing the barrier of the narrator? Kinda like stripping spiritually, yeah? I see you've been blowing some shit up."

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:01 pm

{ Callion }

I sigh audibly, "Figures, looks like no one here quite knows either. Well, that means just elfy over here."

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 am

Though her confusion was still apparent by her face, Iliyana decided that she should go along with..well, whatever exactly was happening. She nodded to get off the subject, before choosing her next words.

"Where are my manners? I have yet to introduce myself!" Careful not to move the pack too much, the blonde gave a slight bow, "I am Lady Iliyana Mahon of the Armani Desert. It's a pleasure to meet you both."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am

@Captain Whitehawk wrote:I don't quite remember my mannerisms

It was weird to realize I'd kept a piece of my mind in a field since December.  It makes sense, though.  Lately I'd been feeling as if I was stuck all the time.  But shifting, moving away, that was good.  And I'd finally come to realize we shouldn't be here.

I snap my fingers, and take us away from the field.  Forests, I like forests.  I picture Michigan, the homestead with the man-made lake, the mud-slicked ATV tracks, the mossy forest broken up by boulders and walls of rock.  I'd sung and played ukulele in these woods.  I don't have my uke now.

"Friends!" I say. "My apologies for my long absence, but I have indeed returned!"  I wink and waggle my eyebrows at Dylan, a smile creeping across my face.  "Is it weird to write yourself into a not-quite fictional world, or do you enjoy removing the barrier of the narrator?  Kinda like stripping spiritually, yeah?  I see you've been blowing some shit up."

~The Real Adrian~

I didn't get entirely what Tor meant by stripping spiritually - I wasn't the "tits out for Jesus" type - but I did get what they meant by removing barriers. After all, we were, technically speaking, the most real things in this RPG. It was only fair we were brought to where we were familiar.

And I was definitely familiar with a place like this. Reminded me of the creek my brothers and neighbors used to hang out at when we were little. The threat of cottonmouths aside, I had some fond memories of it. But they were murky, like the creek water. Was it me who lost a shoe in the mud, or was that one of my brothers? I think it was him, actually.

But one that was perhaps the most clear was the waterfall. The lake I lived near fed into the creek, which eventually fed into the Missouri River. Most of the time, when it wasn't insanely hot, there'd be a steady stream. Not strong, but not unnoticeable either. Not small, but not intimidating. It was nice to take your shoes off and just let your feet soak in the cold water (safe away from the edge though). Or, when it rained especially heavy, it was better to stand to the side and watch the water course over the shale below. It was perhaps one of my favorite places on Earth. There was a sense of sanctuary to it. An aura of being outside of my own reality. A liminal space.

The last time I was there (and indeed, maybe the last time I'll be there) was a couple years ago before I moved into the city. It was just me, alone. Rather fitting, I suppose. I was home from college for Thanksgiving, and since we were due to move in December, I wanted a way to remember it. So I put my jacket on and trudged through the mud. Normally, I would have taken the much-quicker shortcut, but since it was on private property and this was the backwoods of Missouri... yeah. Not taking risks. At any rate, it took ages, and I definitely slipped in the water a few times. But the journey was always worth it, in my opinion. Since it was autumn, it was still flowing - not as much as it would have in the warmer weather, but just as peacefully as I imagined.

I walked around it for a bit, staring at the rocks and boulders below where we played. God, they were so dangerous! Some of them were sharp enough to give us stitches, I don't know how we got so lucky. And half of them were not stable. Kids really don't give a fuck. On the northern edge, I spotted a small campfire with an empty beer bottle. It had been put out somewhat recently, and I realized someone up the hill probably hung out here once in a while. I didn't think much of it then, but in later years it made me wonder how much my friends and I shared that space with people we've never met. Did that same fate befall the characters in this RPG? And what would that mean?

As Tor spoke with Dylan, I turned around. Part of the waterfall scene filled my view, merging with the landscape that Tor brought us into. Part of me frowned a bit; I was not sure why it kept following me wherever I went. But, you know what, I was glad that it did; I was glad it was part of the liminal space.

I am the great silent spaces between worlds.:

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 9 Like_a10
November 23, 2016.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down