Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

+3
Captain Whitehawk
~Dylan Battle~
Adrian
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

[RP THREAD] L I M I N A L - Page 2 Empty Re: [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 am

~Adrian, He Who Isn't Quite Sure What's Going On~

I arched an eyebrow. To be quite honest, I wasn't sure if we were in the Marches anymore. Tor literally took us to four, five different places at once, and clearly she had some sense of plot.

As for me, the plot fairy had completely abandoned me. Stuck her middle finger out and everything. Whatever. Hated that bitch anyways.

I opened my mouth to talk, but Octarine interjected in my stead.

"I'd like to meet more of your friends!" He beamed at Tor, almost as if he was completely ignoring my own existence. Rude. But I nodded in agreement.

"Let's go meet them, fellow god."

~Bridget~

She looked so downtrodden... as we got closer, she stopped walking towards us. I raised my hands.

"It's okay. We're in the same situation you are. My name is Bridget. This is Aidec." My companion gave a small wave, lowering his axe. "What's your name?"

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:20 am

- Astra -

“A-Astra.” She watched them carefully, waiting for any sign one of them would yell at her. Or hurt her. Or both.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:32 am

Fortune Morningstar

She's wondrous, I've never seen anything like her. Cobalt blue eyes, big and full with life. Hair that flowed all the way down to the floor, gray and glimmering like a full moon. She poured us tea at a large table, made of some sort of stone I had never seen before, it shifted color, flush by flush, from shades of pastel pink to crimson red.

The girl aside from me, what was her name again?

"Penelope." The blue-eyed woman said.

I turned to her, aghast. "You can read minds?"

"No." She giggled. "But I'm very good at guessing."

She summoned flames with her fingertips, lighting the candles of the center piece. Immediately, the room flooded with a fresh floral smell. Warmth covered my body, a calm fell over me.

She took her place at the table. Smiling at the two of us, both of us eyeing one another, lost and completely out of our element.

"I know you both have questions." She admitted. "My name is Diana, and I'm the Keeper of this House and the Rose Garden. I tend to the flowers, work for the Labrinyth, and occasionally attend to guests. As you've already figure out. There's a breach in our magical fortress. But don't let that misguide you, I do not believe in consequences."

"Where are we?" Penelope asked. It was odd, hearing another voice for so long after only hearing the sound of silence.

Diana took a sip of her tea. "You're in a land beyond lands. A time beyond time. All of your realities and dimensions are mere threads here."

"Do you know why we're here?" I asked.

"Most likely to fulfill some sort of task before you can return to your timeline."

"My timeline?" I shook my head. "I'm supposed to be dead."

Diana smiled, sitting back in her chair. "What is death, but a passage of existence?"

"Excuse me, but I don't have time to sit and drink leaf juice when I've a forest to attend too." Penelope hissed, rising up from her chair.

A figure came from the corridor into the dining room. A boy, tall, skinny, in a jumpsuit. His eyes glistened with flames and his hair sat wild and untamed on his head. He was accompanied by a man who looked frighteningly familiar to him, except his eyes were grey, and he was dressed in a tailor suit.

"Diana." The boy smiled.

Diana rose from her seat, walking towards the boy with open arms. "Dylan! Oh my it's been ages!"

They hugged each other, Dylan's eyes made his way towards me.

"Oh my. Wolfimeticus, you didn't tell me that they were here."

The grey-eyed twin shrugged. "Surprise."

Dylan did a double take, nodding at Penelope. "Nice to see you Penelope."

He looked back at me. "Hey- where's Fiona?"

Diana sighed. "That, dear boy, is the golden buzzer."

~Dylan Battle~
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:11 pm

{ Relic }

The grass around me tickles my skin as the wind blows by. I couldn't tell you how long I've been laying here, hands grasping and releasing blades of grass while my eyes were turned up to the sky. And, if I had a purpose in this unknown place maybe I would care--though since I don't, I simply just didn't.

I yawn. Not because I'm tired, since, I don't need to sleep, but because I need something to do other than sit here. I've been alone as long as I could remember, and that's okay, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one around here. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm

In the plains of the Marches, a pair of imposing beings stood together, like monoliths in the plains. Grey and steely in skin, of immense size, signifying their bold and ancient nature. The larger of the two, the magnificent Paraceratherium, raised his mighty head into the air and let out a triumphant bellow.
"OOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHIOIWFHIFHIOW#FEHIOF#HWOIF#WHOIFEOIFHIHOFG#"

The smaller, an Elasmotherium, looked at his companion as if he were absolutely insane before replying,
"Sammy, go home, you're drunk"

"shut up wilbur," the Paraceratherium replied, looking right and left as he became more aware of his surroundings "can i just ask..."
"...where the hell are we?"

Last edited by Comrade Squid on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Now, perhaps she was wrong, but Iliyana was fairly certain she was dead.

She remembered it distinctly. It was dark, save for the dragon's breath. No. Briony's breath. At least, she was told it was Briony. She was never sure if she’d ever know the full truth.

She remembered the pain in her side, and the blood in her mouth, but for a good while she couldn't think of how she got it. She wracked her brain for the milliseconds before the agony started and her breathing stopped.

She was running. She was holding the hand of someone, and running. Where were they going? To safety. Away from the battle, the chaos. To safety. Away from her daughter.

No..not her daughter, Iliyana was childless. The woman she was running with, her daughter, her daughter was the danger. Princess Briony was the danger.

They were running, Iliyana holding Queen Genevieve's hand for dear life. She had to bring Her Majesty away from peril. To peace, to calm. They could not risk losing her life. Again.

They dashed through the alleyways of the town, between blasts of fire, all while being as ethereal as shadow. It was not easy to shadow-walk with someone else such a long and constant distance, but Iliyana could do it. She had to.

At some point, there were unknown figures in the street, and Iliyana jerked herself and Genevieve into a open door. She let go of the queen’s hand, and felt her senses return as she and Genevieve melted back into physical forms.

“What-?”

Iliyana closed the door behind them, and whispered, “We can’t shadow walk in pure dark, we’ll be lost in the black. Come, there must be another way out.”

They stumbled over furniture in the pitch, until a burst of flame outside showed Genevieve a window. She whispered to the Heijiki, and opened it, preparing the climb out. The ground and walls and ceiling shook, and they shrieked when something began to cave in roof.

Iliyana almost shoved Genevieve outside in haste. She followed, having gotten one foot out, before she looked up to check the skies for the dragon. Then she noticed something above them, hanging, teetering, and then-

The next second she’s half on Genevieve and the pain and blood is everywhere.

Genevieve let out some horrified gasp as she saw the board sticking out of Iliyana’s stomach.

Iliyana felt herself being moved, even though she hurts too much to have done it herself. Genevieve pressed her hands over the blood and insides spilling out of Iliyana’s abdomen, even though it couldn’t do any good.

“Lady Mahon..” was all she could say over her tears.

Iliyana was thinking a lot of things in her dying moments. She thought of Raemin, her dearest friend, and Karra, her newest. She thought of the Forevigor children, and all the other brave souls of Irongale. For the longest time she thought of her mother and father, and how desperately she hoped to see them on the other side...

But then Genevieve tried to speak again, this time whispering the syllables of her first name between sharp breaths in, and Iliyana’s brain could only focus on her. This woman, a mother, a queen, brought back from the dead and forced to watch her children and kingdom suffer under terror, was crying for her. Iliyana was no one to her. One of a race the king despised, one of house that held no standing anymore, one of a party that had no impact to her. They had never even spoken to each other before that night. It was a shock she even knew the blonde’s name.

Yet, here Genevieve sat, in a darkened, dirty alley of a battlefield, cradling Iliyana’s face in her bloody hands, repeating something unintelligible. And in her dying mind, there was only one thing Iliyana could say through the red in her mouth:

“I’m so sorry.”

The noblewoman sobbed from the memory, more for Her Majesty than herself. She reaches her hand up to wipe the tears off her cheek when she realizes the tears are stained pink.

No, Iliyana was not wrong. She was completely certain she was dead.
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:25 pm

@Comrade Squid wrote:In the plains of the Marches, a pair of imposing beings stood together, like monoliths in the plains. Grey and steely in skin, of immense size, signifying their bold and ancient nature. The larger of the two, the magnificent Paraceratherium, raised his mighty head into the air and let out a triumphant bellow.
"OOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHIOIWFHIFHIOW#FEHIOF#HWOIF#WHOIFEOIFHIHOFG#"

The smaller, an Eslamsotherium, looked at his companion as if he were absolutely insane before replying,
"Sammy, go home, you're drunk"

"shut up wilbur," the Paraceratherium replied, looking right and left as he became more aware of his surroundings "can i just ask..."
"...where the hell are we?"

~Adrian, He Who Must Not Be Getting More Involved With Such A Cursed Plot Line As Squid's~

You misspelled Elasmotherium. Unless your dusty-ass lizard is a Muslim, though I doubt prehistoric creatures had any concept of religion.

~Aidec~

My irritation dissolved, just like that. "It's okay, Astra. I know you're confused. Believe me, I was confused too when I first came to the Marches. I was just about to show Bridget where I live, so I can explain more about what's going on. Would you like to come along?"

~Bridget~

Aidec's voice was suddenly soothing - like he was trying to negotiate a hostage situation. Part of me wondered what he used to do for a living. Still, I focused on Astra, before a sudden thought came back to me. "You were calling out to someone. 'Nocturne?'"

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:41 pm

- Astra -

The Marches? Granted, she hadn’t known Respalia well to begin with, but that sounded unfamiliar. “Yes,” she said, addressing the girl. “I’m searching for Noct— Lord Nocturne,” she corrected.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 pm

~Aidec~

Lord Nocturne. "Doesn't ring a bell. But then, there's a lot of people in the Lacuna I haven't even met. It's at least worth a shot to look for him there, because I don't think you're going to find anyone else on this frozen rock. Hell, I should buy a lottery ticket, just coming across you two." I turned around, raising my axe once more.

Sentinel had a lot of dormant magic, and this was quite honestly only the second time I ever used it to open a portal. But if it meant getting my newfound allies - and myself - to safety, I didn't have another choice. "We should hurry. Even though we're in a group, they still might take a chance on us..."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:55 pm

- Astra -

“They?” she echoed. She wound her fist in her cloak. “What do you mean, ‘they?’” Whatever ‘they’ were, it didn’t sound good. Perhaps she should stick around these two for now. She was, after all, a helpless girl.

Another thought nearly cropped up in her head. She pushed it aside before it could come to the forefront of her mind.

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down