Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

+9
Shaybaysasuke
boyhoy
WritingBookworm
Hime
FeartheTeddy
LuciusCypher
Adrian
Kane
Sal
13 posters

Page 1 of 84 1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 84  Next

Go down

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] Empty Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 pm

- Natasha -

“I’m sure you’re capable of more than you think.” And he does. He may not know how to fight like Ebony and Kendra, but fighting ability isn’t the only thing that can be valuable in the Row.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] Empty Re: Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Michael DeathFlame Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Landon: I roll my eyes. "Like what? What am I gonna do if another crazy comes in?" Run. That's what I'll do. I close my eyes shut. "I just... I need to be braver. I need to know how to fight."
Michael DeathFlame
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD] Empty Re: Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Sal Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:22 pm

{ Mel }

"Hell yea! That's not even a question you gotta ask twice," I grin devilishly, rubbing my hands together at the thought.

Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Verediat 3

Rufus: The progression of life can be marked by the change in a man's nightmares. In the years after the invasion, my dreams were always the same, particularly in the days leading up to the anniversary. Realistic to the extreme, I'd relive the day, down to every piece of rubble, individual scream, and the particular smell of smoke that stayed in my clothes for months. Next came the dreams for revenge, leaving my own bloody trail in my wake, choking the air out of the people that took my life.

But things are different now. My nightmares hold no such fanfare for me any longer. Instead there's only darkness, blankness, like stepping into a vacuum and sealing it shut behind you. All I can remember is feeling a sense of urgency, like there should be something, someone, there waiting for me. But there's only ever the absence.

When I wake up today I'm next to my partner, safe in my house, the noises of my neighbors filtering through the open windows. But that absence remains.

I twist to my side, sliding my hand up William's waist. "I'll get your tea," I whisper, knowing full well that he's awake but won't respond. Sure enough when I bend down to kiss him on the temple his eyes are open, staring ahead and away from me. He's somewhere else. He will be for the rest of the day. I keep my lips against his skin for a little longer, pressing whatever warmth I can find into him before pushing myself to my feet.

Preparing for breakfast has become mindless at this point, a muscle memory that's been tested to perfection. It allows me to put my attention else where, out the window, out into the town center. It's quiet today, as it should be. The children who can't remember the invasion will be kept indoors by the parents who do, placed in front of their altars in prayer. The few who are out are making their way to the crater, muttering to one another as they progress in their line. I'll be joining them later today, almost certainly by myself. My stomach knots together, remaining just as tight as I move to the screaming kettle.

I pick the kettle off the stove, but it hovers in midair when I hear the knock at the door. I glance through the window, but I can't make out the person there. I turn back to the two cups, pouring the water into each before pacing to the door, carefully opening it.

The black-haired stranger smiles kindly at me, but it feels misplaced given the circumstances. "Rufus Day? A pleasure to meet you. The King of Epon Kiin would like to speak with you."

She reaches out a hand to shake, which I take. But I don't return her smile. "I'm not who I used to be. And you picked the wrong day."

"Unfortunately, today couldn't be a more appropriate one to visit." She holds my hand, smile fading into something more open, more vulnerable. "On behalf of my people, we expend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. I cannot begin to imagine your loss."

"No one ever should."

"And no one will, if you listen to my king." She squeezes my hand before letting it go. "My name is Amanda Spiterwetch. And my son is working to make Lav're the last in the line of tragedies."
Michael DeathFlame
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 am

Rufus: Amanda Spiterwetch led me on a walk, a long walk, through the streets of Lav’re and eventually outside its borders. During that time neither of us spoke to one another, which I preferred. Where ever I went, people watched, and they surely wouldn’t appreciate overhearing political conversations on a day of mourning. Besides, it provided me with the time to think, to rattle through anyone I may know that would fit the title of king. But nothing clicks. There’s been no turmoil in Swynborough, that much I’m sure of. This king Spiterwetch speaks of, he must be some kind of radical, a man on the outskirts.

The man comes into view as we approach the edge of the town. Horse at his side, the red-headed man watches us approach evenly, one hand on his horse, the other on his hip, careful not to touch the hilt of either of the two swords at his belt. He’s young, perhaps in his early twenties, but he carries himself differently than any young person I’ve ever met. Most young people don’t call themselves king, so that seems somewhat fitting.

“Rufus Day.” The man’s lips barely move, and yet his voice easily carries across the distance between us. He closes that distance, hands now held together in front of him, stopping some five feet away from me. He doesn’t extend a hand to shake. “I am Titus Spiterwetch, unifier of the mountain tribes and King of Epon Kiin. I have come with unfortunate news.”

“Yes, Ms. Spiterwetch hinted at that. Though if you’re looking for a political figure I’m no use to you anymore. I’ve been retired for years.”

Titus Spiterwetch’s lips twitch into something that’s nearly a smile. “I’m aware of that, Rufus. But I came here for what you once were, not what you are now.”

Vagueness then? I lick my lips. “If this is about Archambault, I’ve already heard the news.” As did the rest of Lav’re. It was difficult to subdue the elation that shot through me at the news. I wasn’t entirely successful. “With all due respect, Mr. Spiterwetch, this is tragic anniversary for our town. I need to be with my family and community, not exchanging old news.”

He’s silent for a moment, chest rising sharply before freezing. He holds my stare before his lips fully form into a tight smile this time. “My apologies, I was unaware you were fully informed about this manner. I assume you know the Row is reforming then, yes?”

I had a feeling that’s what the two of them would claim. Still, something stirs in my gut at the mention of them all, old embers growing dangerously close to dry leaves. “I didn’t come to discuss rumors either.”

“Neither did I.” He nods towards his mother without looking away from me, and the woman dutifully approaches, withdrawing some phone and a piece of paper.

Amanda raises the phone by her face, and although her face is even I can hear the smile in her voice. “We confiscated this from a girl named Kendra Vride. Daughter of Yupik Vride and Natasha Reaves. Do those names sound familiar?” I have to unclench my fist to grab the phone, holding it out in front of me to properly read the conversation. It seems to be about the school murder from a few days ago. I scan down quickly until...

Ebony: "It was bad. He wrote 'Rise of the Puppetmaster, Rise of the Row' on the walls. And I think the old Row's holding a meeting. Are you parents going somewhere now?"

Ben: "Sounds like my mom was just on the phone with Uncle Yupik. I'll try to see what's going on over here."

Taylor: "They're having a meeting? Lemme ask Mom real quick."
"Yeah, Mom's going, too. I'm guessing my dad's already there."

And then later:

Dad: "Still in meeting with the Row, is everything okay?" The rest of the conversation follows about some Mandy, but that sentence is the one I focus on.

I check the date. The day of Archambault’s death. “They’re still permitted to gather under the law. This only proves they spoke with one another.”

“Yes, well, they were doing much more than speaking in this picture.” It’s a black and white picture, the quality less than ideal. But one face is unmistakable, along with the energetic haze around them. And the others in the picture… “Runite’s Row isn’t just back. They’re recruiting children. We’ve received multiple whispers of a similar case with a mob boss, a group of children led by Yuffie Abatan-Bliss.”

I slowly lower the paper, releasing a long, controlled breath. As controlled as it can be, at least. “What do you want?”

They’re both silent for a second before Titus responds. “An alliance.”
Michael DeathFlame
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:29 pm

@Michael DeathFlame wrote:Landon: I roll my eyes. "Like what? What am I gonna do if another crazy comes in?" Run. That's what I'll do. I close my eyes shut. "I just... I need to be braver. I need to know how to fight."

- Natasha -

A smile overtakes my face as I get an idea. "Would you like me to teach you how to fight, then?"

@Sal wrote:{ Mel }

"Hell yea! That's not even a question you gotta ask twice," I grin devilishly, rubbing my hands together at the thought.

- Kendra -

"You have good taste, my friend," I say. "It's a popular flavor, but I think they still have some more, last I was inside."

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Landon: Mom's smiling at me when I look up. "Yeah," I say, smiling back for a quick bit. "That's, uh, actually what I wanted to ask you about."
Michael DeathFlame
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 pm

- Natasha -

"Well, I would be happy to do that." And I really am. Something in me buzzes at the thought of being able to spend more time with Landon. "I'm sure your father would too."

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Landon: I shoot a glance over at the door. “Do you think that’s a good idea? With Dad?”
Michael DeathFlame
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:27 am

- Natasha -

I follow his glance to the door and grimace. “Well . . . I’m sure it will be another time. Your father just needs some time to get himself together, that’s all.”

~ ~ ~

Her prey wasn’t getting away from her this time.

The monster ran blindly. She could tell because she knew these streets better than it, and it was running itself into a literal corner. She stopped, stretching her arm out and sending a massive trail of fire after it, the flames slithering behind it like a snake. She could only assume it got burned by the fire at some point, because it screamed. Rose redacted the snake of fire. She couldn’t kill it, not yet. Not until it had shown its true form.

She strolled into view. Her prey desperately tried to scale the wall, but its feet slipped, finding no purchase in the brick and mortar. It was trapped, and it knew it. But Rose knew that prey fought most desperately when it was cornered. This is it.

It turned to look at her. Its eyes softened at the sight of her, and for an instant, had she not been trained otherwise, Rose could have believed that this was not a hunter catching its prey, but a thirty-something woman being chased by a near-perpetual fourteen year old. But Rose had been trained otherwise. She might have shown concerns for Juns years ago, but those days were long gone. Her mentor had weaned all sympathy for those beasts out of her, as he should have.

“You’re just a child,” it said. “Surely you’re not a murderer.”

Rose grimaced, for it was sadly mistaken, on multiple accounts. But it had to know that it begging would do no good. The only way out for it was for it to fight.

She drew her sword with her right hand and ignited her left and barreled forward. When the Jun saw there was no escape, she saw its eyes flash red.

That was the only warning she had before a ring of power exploded from her, knocking Rose off her feet like the aftershock of an earthquake. Rose dropped her sword, lucky she didn’t impale herself as she fell, and could only stand up once she saw that the human visage had given way to a towering lion.

The Lion Jun looked down, settling its molten eyes upon her before it opened its maw and bellowed a roar at her so forcefully that Rose could feel it on her face, the air whipping back strands of her hair. She moved her body over to the side when she saw it bringing its paw up, avoiding being flattened to the ground.

She could have taken it out even when the Jun hadn’t shown itself. But this was Rose’s first time putting this magic into practice. Killing the Jun when it had shown itself would make it a little easier to do her job. Facing the Lion Jun itself made her job ten times more life threatening, but it would also make it easier, in the long run. She just had to act fast.

She sheathed her sword and replaced it with a stem of chalk from her pocket. She jabbed several shots of black fire at the Lion Jun, giving it no time to realize what was happening. It smashed an abandoned building, but she’d already survived one Jun attack on a city, and it wasn’t hard to miss the cascading debris. She ran in around it as she did this, drawing the chalk behind her until the Lion Jun stood in the middle of a circle. She tossed aside the chalk, drew a knife from her belt, and — working as quickly as she could, for she would not let another city be destroyed by one of those awful beasts — nicked her forearm, casting blood into the circle. "Dei a phthei, maagh Jun-Khori!"

The byproduct of her work was a sight to behold. Seven strands of black lightning arced from different points in the circle and stabbed themselves into the Lion Jun. The Jun roared in pain, crouching on its hind legs as its essence flowed from him and into her own body. Rose couldn’t relax just yet; still she chanted, even as it tried to wrestle against the lightning. She closed her eyes to take her mind off of it and concentrate on the magic, and the Lion Jun’s roars dimmed to whimpers, and then nothing.

Rose opened her eyes. The Lion Jun was gone. The host’s body lay sprawled in the middle of the circle, black hair scattered all over its face.

A sharp pain exploded from Rose’s jaw, from the back and in the front. She clamped her mouth down, holding in her cries of pain and putting her hand over her lips. She redacted her hands from her face when a separate but similar pain also erupted from each of her fingertips. This time, Rose did scream as she fell to the ground, bearing her agony alone. She knew what would come after killing the Lion Jun, but that didn’t make the changes any easier to endure.

Eventually the pain subsided. Rose sat up and looked down at her hands. Long claws extended from her nails, and when she touched them to her teeth, she felt pairs of lionlike canine teeth now present in the front and back of her mouth. As painful as they’d felt, she was pleasantly surprised to find that the deformations were more minor than she’d been expecting — but then again, this was only her first time killing a Jun. Who knew what other changes would come over her next time? Because there would be a next time.

And the power. Rose inhaled, feeling the newfound power thrumming in her veins, begging to be used. She’d grabbed the flower out of the Row’s grasp because it could help her. While it healed those who were afflicted, it bolstered the strength of those who were already well. But even the flower’s potency was nothing compared to this: a Jun’s very essence, pulsing in her chest. She had already been powerful, gifted with the power of fire, but the Jun’s power would now magnify it a hundredfold. She felt light, more alert, better. How had she ever lived without this?

She pulled her phone out as she walked out of the alleyway. The police would find the body of the Jun host, especially after hearing a building crashing in the dead of the night. But jun-khori magic supposedly hadn’t been seen since Antivoleus himself had used it in a battle in Lav’re. How long would it be before they pieced together what happened?

“I did it,” she said once her mentor picked up. “I can now be called a jun-khor.”

He sounded more concerned than elated. “And how are you feeling?”

“I feel alive! I feel like I can take on anything that comes my way.”

“Careful,” he said. “Jun-khori is one of the darkest magics out there, possibly darker than Sanctumism itself. After the Panther Jun, Rose, you must stop using it.”

The smile fell off of Rose’s face. “I will,” she promised. “After all, it’s the Panther Jun that really matters.”

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 84 1, 2, 3 ... 42 ... 84  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum