Creativity Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 2:41 pm by Comrade Squid

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:10 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:19 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Heir Eternal
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm by WritingBookworm

» The Witcher
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:54 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 am by boyhoy

October 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

+3
Lady Senbonzakura
Cana
Kane
7 posters

Page 24 of 89 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 56 ... 89  Next

Go down

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD] - Page 24 Empty Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:36 am

- Karra -

"Then why are we standing around here?" I say. "He's out there." But Noelle and I are different. Vengeance might be her way. Maybe it is not. Either way, I've put the idea out there, and that's the most I can do at the moment. "Though, of course, what to do is for you to decide."

I take my leave, padding back inside the house quietly for once.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 am

~Noelle~
Karra's words hung in the back of my mind as I walked back to the house, repeating and echoing as I weighed my options. Seeking vengeance was the natural path, but it was one that left me conflicted. Obtaining retribution from Tril's life would place a bookend on an issue that I had been wresting with for so many years, but at the same time, it had the potential to reawaken the few demons I had finally managed to put to rest.

My eyes drifted stars once more, silent as always, before opening the door to the cabin. Seeing my mother had left wounds that I had thought healed over raw and bleeding again; my emotions were slowly piling up in the back of my mind, and I felt as though they would messily bleed to the forefront if I wasn't careful.

I headed through the house and up the stairs, stopping in front of Kiel's room before gently knocking.
Cana
Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:32 pm

~Kiel~
The tears lay drying against my cheeks, the flow having been halted for quite some time. I had been aware of how long I was sitting there; seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours. Regardless, I place a hand on my knee and force myself to rise. Using the door for support, my body feels drained and stiff, as if I had aged fifty years in fifty seconds. With a semblance of difficulty, I finally rise to my feet, letting out a low breath as if the endeavor of standing had drained me even further.

Step by step I walk, slowly, clumsily making my way toward the window. My feet drag and my body jerks unnaturally, like a baby animal taking its first steps. I could feel myself questioning why it was so difficult to move, why every step left me exhausted, why I wanted to stop and just lie down. It was not like me to feel this way. Though the thoughts are smothered by the shadow and gone from my mind as quickly as they arose.

I push aside the blinds and throw open the window, resting my hands against the sill as the brisk night air whisks its way past my body. A light chill covers my skin and makes my hair raise on end, but it is oddly comforting. I take a deep breath through my nostrils before letting it out. My eyes drift upwards to the moon hanging high overhead, the stars dotting the blackness of the sky and illuminating it piece by piece.

I hang my head, eyes cast to the forest landscape below. Where were my stars? Those who could dot my blackened sky and illuminate me once more. Had they truly gone away?

Yes, yes they have. How does it feel being alone? the voice speaks from within me, deep and raspy.

I clutch my head, yanking on my hair, shaking my skull in an attempt to rid that shadowed demon from my mind. But it is persistent and unyielding, refusing to release me; it was enjoying itself too much to let me go.

I sigh and look up to the moon, the stars. What I previously viewed as mocking now seemed inviting, supportive. As if offering a hand for me to take and guide me back to where I needed to be. I reach a hand, as if I could grasp the moon and pull myself out of whatever hell I was living in.

I hear a light rap on the door and hurriedly wipe any remaining moisture from my face with the back of my hand. A quick clear of my throat and a light cough precede me speaking. "Come in," I call softly, recognizing how hoarse my voice was and clearing my throat once more.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:23 pm

~Pippin~

I had just been kneeling in front of the door to Kiel's room, hand shaking as it gripped the handle of the door while the other covered my mouth. The only thing that brought me back was the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. I yanked myself back up on shaky legs, a sharp feeling of panic rushing through me before I rushed into another empty room. I had been breaking down too many times in front of anyone and I didn't want to keep showing them how weak I really was.

I heard a knock from down the hallway on my brother's door and sighed quietly in relief. He needed someone right now...but he probably didn't need me. What the hell could I do to help when I was hurting just as much? I wanted to help my brother so badly but I would probably make things worse.

Instead I closed the door to the room quietly, moving over to the bed before curling up on top of the sheets. I had broken my promise to my baby sister to keep her safe. I couldn't do anything to help my own twin. I was so fucking useless. Karra had tried to tell me that I could keep a group together but what the hell could I do when I was the one falling apart?

I turned my head into the pillow to muffle a sob as all these thoughts kept running through my head. I desperately tried to push it all down, to bury it and numb this pain but I just couldn't do it.
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:43 pm

~Noelle~
The tone of Kiel's voice caused my eyebrow to raise in alarm, and I quickly opened the door as I felt my become pervious to the slew of anxiety that had become so constant after embarking on this journey. After what had happened to Briony, the thought of losing someone close to me hardly seemed unrealistic.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding as he came into my sight and seemed uninjured, but once my eyes adjusted to the dim light, the air seemed to freeze in my lungs once again.

The sight of his eyes so red, his uncharacteristic posture, and the general air of sorrow that clung to him sent a deep, painful pang of sadness over my own heart. The impulse to ask what was wrong died on my lips as soon as the thought materialized; it wasn't difficult to figure it out, considering all that had happened.

I walked over to where he stood at the window, my hand reaching for his impulsively. His face was illuminated by the cold light of the moon and stars, and the anguish was evident even in such dim lighting.

"It's really dark in here." I didn't want to ask him what had happened; for the most part, I already knew. I was no stranger to grief. It was a beast that was never truly slain, and Kiel was still experiencing the monumental pain from wounds that were still raw and bleeding. "Are you okay?"
Cana
Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:24 am

~Kiel~
I wasn't sure who I expected to show up, but part of me wished it was not Noelle. I didn't want her to see me like this; she had enough to worry about in general and I didn't need to add on to the weight on her shoulders. Though the other part of me was grateful she had arrived. I was so desperate for someone to ease the pain, perhaps seeing her was what I needed after all. Perhaps she could be the star to illuminate my dark sky.

I attempt to feign a smile and nod, knowing full well that there was little joy behind it. "Yeah, it is dark, isn't it? I couldn't find anything to light the lantern and I guess I decided the moon would be enough."

I turn to fully face her, wringing my hands nervously in front of me. I didn't want to lie to her but I didn't want her to worry about me either. Based on what I saw earlier, she had her own demons she encountered today. Ones that she had to face alone since I wasn't around. I had left her in her time of need and my heart twinged with guilt at the thought. "I'm alright, don't worry. What about you? I saw the cuts Alric was healing. Is. . . is everything alright?"

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 am

~Noelle~
While he spoke, my eyes drifted to the floor as my heart fell to my feet. The way he brushed off the question when his own turmoil was written so plainly on his face made me look up again, brows dipping as my eyes met his again.

"Kiel, I - you don't have to lie to me," I said quietly, taking a step closer to him. My hand curled around his sleeve, fist clenching as I searched for the right words to say. "When I said that I loved you, I meant all of you. I'm not foolish enough to believe that you're really alright, and I care far too much about you to not worry."

I felt something cold and wet make a line down my cheek, but I paid it little mind. My insecurities bubbling were to the surface as I spoke, becoming yet another dam that had burst today. With all that I had lost - my family members, my loved ones, and parts of myself - I didn't want to lose someone else so close to my heart, either. For so long, I could have at least counted on knowing that the sun would still rise at dawn; I wasn't so sure of even that anymore. "With all that's happened, of course I'm going to worry about you. And I hate watching you drown yourself when so many of us would be happy to lend you a hand out the water." I inhaled shallowly, free hand raking through my hair. I felt another cold tear makes its way down my cheek, but I didn't bother with drying it.

Truthfully, I didn't want to answer his question honestly for the same reason that I suspected he didn't want to answer mine. The pain he was experiencing was palpable, and every smile he wore and every word he spoke seemed hollow and empty; the thought of adding to that made my heart heavy with guilt. But steeping our relationship in dishonesty would only let the issues pile up until they formed an insurmountable mountain, and it was much less troublesome to walk a hill together than scale a mountain alone.

"To answer your question, no, everything isn't alright. I. . . I  contacted my dead mother, and I received the answers I wanted, but I don't know what to do now." I paused, swallowing a sob that was threatening to emerge from my throat. I couldn't look at him in the eyes, my gaze instead drifting to the stars. "I've tried so hard to put all of the demons from my past to rest, but now it's as if they're all awake again and I can't escape. I'm terrified, Kiel."
Cana
Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:13 pm

A translucent hand reached down for Pippin's trembling back. A young girl stood by his side, staring down at him with familiarly tragic emerald eyes. Her raven black hair was pulled over one shoulder, and she was clad in the outfit in which she died.

"Pippin?" Her voice was soft but odd. "It's me."

A pause.

"Somebody called upon me," she then said, almost apologetically. "Was it Kiel?"

- Genevieve -

With a lull in the conversation, I watched my sons disappear from view, my frown deepening. Something troubling was on the horizon, but I wasn't sure what it was.

"I suppose this is a poor time," I heard Godwin comment, his tone careful.

I turned to him, folding my arms and composing myself once again. "You would be correct. Here's the deal -- we'll join you in the castle tonight when everything is settled here. I won't make anyone move when they're upset."

To my surprise, he smiled. "Of course, Genevieve. I'll send for you in the evening, then?"

With a shortness in my voice, I answered, "If you wish."
Hime
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:40 pm

~Pippin~

I shivered as a cold feeling settled over my back, only jumping up when I heard her voice.

"Briony?" I whispered, slowly rising onto my knees on the bed, "I-I'm not sure..."

My voice trailed off as my hand reached for her face, fingers twitching before I paused. This was only her spirit, she was still out of my reach even though she was right in front of me. The thought sent another sob wracking through my body, eyes dropping down to the bed sheets. I couldn't look those bright, green eyes knowing that she was dead, "I'm so sorry, sis. I-I let you down, I couldn't keep my promise. I'm so, so sorry Briony."
Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm

The specter frowned, knitting her slim black eyebrows together. "Don't blame yourself, Pippin," she answered him. "I was the one who was dumb enough to set off alone."

She was quiet for only a few seconds before speaking again.

"I'm sorry for not coming to you sooner. I was just... Ashamed, I guess. I failed both you and Kiel. Mother too. All because I wanted to prove a point."
Hime
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 89 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 56 ... 89  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum