Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  canaissexy  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 1:08 am by Cana

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Hime

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

The Path

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Path

Post by Hawky on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 am

The Path

Down the Path we go,
Through the wood we know,
Blinding light
Carry thee
Where lanterns don't glow

(Thaaaaaank you, Athena, for these lyrics.)

Just outside the woods, there is a mundane little village, where the mundane little people do mundane little things. In this village, practicing magic is forbidden--in fact, all throughout the world, magic is viewed as evil.

To carry out many daily tasks, the woods, the dangerous and dark woods, must be passed through. And to do that, the people follow an old worn path without straying, for, if they do, they'll meet their end in a flash of light. It's simply known as 'the Path' among the inhabitants of this village, and it's claimed many victims: clumsy, careless workers, curious children, those accused of practicing magic. The knowledge of the people not to touch the land surrounding the Path has been ingrained in them for centuries, and the extent of its evils has been proven time and time again. Obviously, there's something to fear about this mysterious line of dirt.

Or...is there?

The reality is that the entirety of this main world is simply an illusion--a pocket of an separate dimension, created centuries ago when a war between the magical beings and those who feared magic ended in a bloody stalemate. To keep anything like that from happening again, the two worlds were split. In the case of the magic-fearing, this war--the existence of the other world, even--was erased from history, and lost from memories with time. And the "Path".... That is the thin line of the dimension that passes through the Old World's magical core--the second you step off of it, you've crossed into the magical world.

The mystical beings were spiteful, and, not wanting anything to do with the boring humans that despised them so much, they made this transportation a one-way trip; once you were inside the Old World, it was nearly impossible (some may even say completely impossible) to return.

And you, my lovely little nerds, are about to step off of the Path.

--

So...yeah. This is an idea I had quite a while ago, but I got hung up on really wanting a little children's-type song about the Path. Except I suck at poetry, so another huuuge thanks to Athena for the lyrics. (And the tune. You're magical and I love you.)

Basically, it'd be an open world RP, where you could either choose to start out in the 'mundane' world and end up in the Old however you wanted, or start out in the Old and...be there. There...really would be no limits on what you could be--orcs, elves, dwarves, humans, fairies, etc., etc.--and I'd try to include several 'faction'-y sorta things for you to be involved in. Story-wise... I'm still kinda working on what common goal you'd somewhat be working toward, in your own ways. I don't want another "We're going to war" type thing...though that would be easiest. Maybe there's a somewhat general goal of trying to reconnect the two worlds back together. Or..some sort of epic quest. Of course, I'm DM for a DnD group, and I could always steal the beginning of my story for that... Err.. I promise I'll have specifics figured out if I post this as a thing... ;m; And I'm always open to suggestions.

Anyway. Idea. Yes. Posting this to see if people'd be interested. Sooo...lemme know. Yaaaay.

Last edited by Hawky on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Apparently I can't type)
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Re: The Path

Post by Salphirix on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:40 am

Hmm, the concept seems pretty cool Smile if I saw the end product I'd probably join. I don't exactly have much suggestions seeing as either goal would be fine by me.
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Would join for sure. Also, you're welcome again c:
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh, shoot. Something I totally forgot to mention: in this world, magic is so abundant that it even takes physical form in many areas. The shape it takes is a glowing, golden, shimmery film-like substance that settles over the area and any objects within it in a thin layer. If you're a magic-user, it obviously enhances your abilities, and if you aren't, you gain this extra sense of...awareness, I guess... Meaning, you're just more aware of your surroundings, with enhanced senses. That sorta thing. Prolonged exposure to physical magic has mixed effects--it can range anywhere from permanently enhancing ones magical abilities to driving one completely insane. More often than not, it's the latter.

And I have decided on a sort of story you can choose to be apart of--or...work against. All up to you. I'm stealing from myself oh well my D&D group just is less special: The world is falling into darkness. The goddess of life and healing has been struck down by a jealous goddess of darkness who wanted the love and affection of the god of death. So...now the mortal world is suffering. A panicked god of death, who's losing the love of his...life, has sent out a call for the people to find the Legendary Triad, three enchanted items--a golden flower, a shiny rock, and a magical fruit(and I swear, all of these'll sound a little more majestic when I come up with names for them)--so that both the goddess and the world will be saved. However...the goddess of darkness isn't going to just sit there and let these be found. Her followers are also looking for the Triad...so that they can be destroyed. Aaand...yeah.
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Tobias~ on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm

This sounds really interesting!!!! I would probably join if time permitted!
~Tobias~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:55 pm

I hope you guys don't mind if I bump this. ^^"
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Still interested~ Do you still want me to record something for this?
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Would also join af
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Still interested ^-^
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:02 pm

@Athena Lionheart wrote:Still interested~ Do you still want me to record something for this?
If you don't mind, that'd be great~ Very Happy
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top