Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Today at 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Today at 10:14 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 8:48 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Galesgate Fan Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Galesgate Fan Thread!

Post by Salphirix on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:45 am

As your honorary Fan Thread creator I herby announce this thread open for business!

But in all seriousness I know a good sum of you are probably like, "Lyssy! This RPG started like a day ago!" Well, Omni sort of came to me with an idea that this could not only be used for fan things but as a place to answer world building questions to make it open for everyone to see rather than be hidden behind the 354 messages in the CC Skype group you'll never read or locked away in PMs. :3

So yea, here it is~
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Re: Galesgate Fan Thread!

Post by Omni on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks Lyss. I know I could've made this thread myself, but considering how long the other RPs you've made fan threads for have lasted... Yeah. I'm not taking that for granted.

Anyway, worldbuilding stuff! I'm going to try to post as many of the responses I've given over Skype as I can find now; after that, people can just ask questions here in the thread, like Lyssy said. For these questions from Skype, I'll be giving my answers in italics.

Lyssy asked: In relation to looks, how far does the abnormal hair go?

Assuming you mean what's cool for Galesgate characters... Hair dye isn't really a thing yet in Irdia except for bleaching, which is actually kinda dangerous because the chemicals are toxic.  There's an island nation not far from Irdia that one of my characters is from where the ruling class all has pure white hair; most other people have black hair, with some brown and red mixed in among those with some foreign blood. They also believe that blond hair is a sign of evil and corruption, so as a result the criminal element there's actually done more to develop hair dyes than most of the rest of the world put together, though they still focus on natural or near-natural colors.

Lyssy asked: What age do Princes typically find out about their abilities?

It tends to vary a lot. I like your phasing there, 'finding out' about them, because they do actually possess the abilities from birth. So, some Princes might just accidentally start lighting things on fire and shooting lightning as infants, some might discover it by experimenting later in childhood, and others won't really be put into a position where they discover their powers until they're adults. In general, though, mid-twenties is considered pretty late to find out that you have a Princedom.

Also, the average age tends to be a bit younger in places like Irdia where having a Princedom is more desirable, since people are more likely to check if they have one. Some other places in the world, that's not the sort of thing you want to find out. Not everyone's forgotten that Princes once enslaved the world for hundreds of years. The main reason that Irdia's so cool with it is that their gods supposedly used to be Princes too. Also because they like having super-people around for military use. But yeah, culturally what happened... This is a bit of an incomplete picture, because I don't want to spoil things, but imagine a world basically like Anaphora, only without the distinction between good and bad Traits. Sure, you have, like, an odd dozen good-guy magic users, but literally everyone else on the planet with that kind of power, hundreds and hundreds of them, is an oppressive dickwad, and even after your band of unlikely heroes prevails, that's going to leave a lot of scars.

Writing asked: ...plus the character in question has silver hair. Maybe I could do something with that? Because you went on and on about the color of people's hair in the stuff about Voha society...

Yeah. There's a reason for that. The Pale Ones of Voha aren't quite as human as they ought to be...

Writing: So if I made a bastard of a Pale One he wouldn't be entirely human?

Yeah. But the children of Pales Ones and non-Pale Ones always come out blond; they never get the white hair. Two bastard children of Pale Ones, however, have a very small chance of producing an actual Pale One, because genetics. It's just really unlikely. But that's actually one of the main reasons that the Pale Ones try so hard to keep their descendants under control. And no, the Pale Ones' bastards aren't totally human either. That's the other main reason.

Writing: Ahh. Is there anyone else that can have white hair?

I mean, normal albinism is cool. If you want to make a Pale One character, you can, but they can't be a Prince and while I'll tell you a few secrets about the Pale Ones to help you play, I won't tell you everything.

Writing: Ohhh, they can't be a Prince?

Hmm... Technically, if their parents were both half-bloods, it's possible. It's just astronomically unlikely. A pure-blooded Pale One can never be a Prince, though. Basically, the reason is that Princedoms and the Pale Ones are both the result of characters being descended from very specific bloodlines which don't generally overlap.

Writing: 'Generally' overlap? If they did?

They do sometimes; Lioch himself is an obvious example. He's got Pale One blood on his father's side and Princely blood on his mother's. He's just not pure Pale One. However, if he had a kid with another Pale One's bastard, there's a chance their kid could be a full Pale One, since it's a set of recessive traits that both parents have, and that the kid could also be a Prince, inheriting it from Lioch. So that's how it could happen. It actually might have, at one point or another. Someone like that would have the potential to be very powerful someday, though, so a number of more knowledgeable people would probably be trying to nip that in the bud if they found out about it.

DeathFlame: (Or set up a secret breeding ground and create an army of overpowered pale dudes?)

No, they wouldn't. They'd know that the potential repercussions of that... It could be very bad, if it attracted the wrong sort of attention.

Mythie asked: Omni would you consider what Doomprinces have as like visions or prophecies?

It's a bit of both? Basically, Doomprinces don't always exist at just one point in time. Sometimes, they exist at multiple points on the timeline simultaneously. If you've ever read Watchmen, it's a bit like how Dr. Manhattan's timeline works.

DeathFlame asked: So, Feudalism is still a thing here? Are we in like the awkward in between phase from Feudalism to the terrible Capitalism?

Yeah, basically.

Writing asked: Are the gods real?

Neither religion is entirely true, but they're both based on things that're true in this setting. That's part of why I built them; they create an interesting conflict within the RP, and they're also a good way to convey some of the world's backstory without giving the game away.

Writing: So they're almost like halves of the complete truth?

Kind of, yeah, though there's also some stuff they're both missing that'll just come up in the RP. Plus, they both include a healthy dose of lies, so.

Writing asked: The nature of the world is kinda steampunk-ish, right?

Yeah. There isn't really any crazy steam-tech, but there's magic to make up for that, so. It's a bit more feudal than our 19th century, but otherwise it's fairly similar.

DeathFlame asked: How well guarded is the university?

Normally it's an open campus. At the moment, of course, it's crawling with constables, but usually there's just a few night guards in the building and the usual officers patrolling the streets nearby. The latter are spread a bit thin, since a lot of the city's fighting men are on the walls or off fighting with Katav Nikeus's troops.

A couple people asked: How does [insert Princedom here] work?

I couldn't explain how some of it worked in the list of Princedoms because I was trying to keep a relatively in-universe perspective, but the Changeprinces are basically just altering atomic structure to change what things are. The downside of that is that they're basically constantly irradiating themselves because they don't know any better, which is why they die young.

Likewise, the Doomprinces teleport and see the future because they're messing with tachyons and that sort of thing.

A Brightprince's 'curse' is just radiation poisoning, and the whole 'burning people inside-out' bit is done with microwaves.

Ironprinces can control homing birds because they use the planet's magnetic field to steer.

Coldprinces have weird coincidences following them because entropy is thermodynamic and they break it kinda hard.

Writing asked: Omni what does Galesgate look like?

It looks like Regency-era Glasgow, but built to the scale of London. Also, some of the older landmarks, from around the time of the Humbling, look a bit more Classical, but are often impossibly large and look to be made of solid carved pieces of stone, with no seams. The University Tower is one such landmark, with some more Gothic bits added on later.

Syd asked: Are there high crime-rates in Galesgate?

At the moment, yes. The city guard's been stretched thin recently, since a lot of them have gone off to join the military.
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Ay! So I have some character themes for Arie and Vera. Yay..

Arie

Lyrics and their relation to Arie:

I've fallen out of favour
And I've fallen from grace
Fallen out of trees
And I've fallen on my face
Fallen out of taxis
Out of windows too
Although Arie never actually falls on her face, constantly she is faced with the grief and irrational fear of screwing things up. These lyrics describe how she always feels like she has done something wrong.
Fell in your opinion
When I fell in love with you
Karie OTP
Oh-ooh [repeated]

Sometimes I wish for falling
Wish for the release
Wish for falling through the air
To give me some relief
Because falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm at peace
It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
Although Arie is scared of heights, she isn't actually scared of falling. Just hitting the ground and dying, which is why she avoids heights-- she thinks she is going to slip and hit the ground. I just made this up, but I like it so it's staying.
Oh-ooh [repeated]

This is a song for a scribbled out name
And my love keeps writing again and again
This is a song for a scribbled out name
And my love keeps writing again and again
And again [15x]
Wow repeated 15 times.

I'll dance myself up
Drunk myself down
Find people to love
Left people to drown
These lyrics don't apply to Arie at all so just ignore them xD
I'm not scared to jump
I'm not scared to fall
If there was nowhere to land
I wouldn't be scared
Yup
At all [4x]
Fall [repeated]

Sometimes I wish for falling
Wish for the release
Wish for falling through the air
To give me some relief
Because falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm at peace
It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
Yeah that's it.
Vera

Lyrics and their relation to Vera:

Does this even need explaining?! Figure it out.
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top