Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Preview and Reservations|Galesgate: Princedoms and Portents

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preview and Reservations|Galesgate: Princedoms and Portents

Post by Omni on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Galesgate: Princedoms and Portents

-Applications-

Long live the King.

Once the heart of the world's oldest and greatest empire, its university an unrivalled hub of scholarship, its streets cleaner and safer than those of any other city, Galesgate is now a city in decline. With the heirless death of Archon Simon Nicnevin, its empire is broken, its university stands destitute, deprived of a patron, and the guards that once patrolled it are called off to fight in a bloody war of succession. Already, rot has begun to set into the heart of Galesgate as criminals move into the places their betters have left behind.

But in truth, the situation in Galesgate is even darker than it appears. A mysterious force lurks in that shadows, twisting events to its purpose, and the Archon's death may not have been the accident that it seemed...

Princedoms:
Magic in the world of Galesgate is divided into twelve Princedoms, each controlling one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Princedoms are genetically inherited, so that the child of a Prince is more likely to be one, but specific Princedoms are not passed on directly. The term Prince itself, which is generally considered unisex, originates from the distant past, when people with bizarre abilities ruled over the rest of mankind. While those days are long past and most records from that time have been destroyed, many of the oldest noble families do have a large number of Princely members.

Forceprinces:
Forceprinces control the power of kinetic energy.

Easy to learn, difficult to master, this Princedom is at its essence about objects in motion. A Forceprince can hurl objects with devastating kinetic blasts, crush objects in telekinetic vises, stop projectiles in midair, leap incredible distances, land safely from falls that would kill most others, and more. While few Forceprinces have the fine control of true telekinesis, their other powers more than make up for deficiency.
Quakeprinces:
Quakeprinces control the power of elastic energy.

What this Princedom lacks in versatility it more than makes up for with devastating effectiveness. With a touch, Quakeprinces can cause the molecules of solid objects to violently expand and contract, causing objects in question to instantly explode into fragments. Needless to say, their abilities are extremely useful in battle, and few are willing to engage them hand-to-hand.
Bindprinces:
Bindprinces control the power of friction.

By manipulating the traction between surfaces, Bindprinces can immobilize their foes by denying them purchase, or can conserve their own energy by gliding along unimpeded until they need to turn. They can turn an enemy charge into an uncontrolled slide, stick objects together by drastically increasing the friction between them, or even crawl up walls. This is by far one of the most versatile Princedoms, and one of the most difficult to use.
Thunderprinces:
Thunderprinces control the power of sonic energy.

While best known for deafening sonic blasts, capable of shattering stone or even metal, the Princedom also allows for many more subtle techniques, including mimicking sounds or even rendering an area completely silent or soundproof. Some powerful Thunderprinces are even said to be able to produce a frequency which will kill any who hears it, though it’s unknown if there is any truth to this.
Skyprinces:
Skyprinces control the power of gravity.

Skyprinces can make themselves and other objects heavier or lighter at will. They can also change the gravitational attraction between any two objects, allowing them to walk on walls, move objects, or even achieve the semblance of flight which gives them their name.
Coldprinces:
Coldprinces control the power of thermal energy.

With a thought, they can raise or lower the temperature, change the states of matter, or even alter pressure to a limited degree. While the immediate effects of this Princedom are much more limited than many others, it is capable of far larger repercussions on the grand scale. Indeed, for reasons yet unknown, many have noticed that Coldprinces tend to be followed by odd coincidences and portents, similar to Doomprinces, often in their favor.
Flameprinces:
Flameprinces control the power of chemical energy.

While this Princedom is often maligned in favor of the more powerful Coldprinces and Surgeprinces, Flameprinces are deadly in their own right, capable of completely igniting any combustible material with a touch. They can also pass through fire unharmed and are even capable of reversing the effects of burning to a limited degree so long as the fire has not yet been put out.
Surgeprinces:
Surgeprinces control the power of electrical energy.

Of all the Princedoms, this one is probably one of the easiest to understand and the most difficult to control. Harnessing lightning is notoriously difficult, and many Surgeprinces die in the early years of their practice. Those who survive are usually incredibly strong-willed and capable of using their simple, deadly ability to great effect. In addition to controlling electricity, Surgeprinces can, with effort, pass current harmlessly through their bodies or even trap and hold it for a time, though a lapse of concentration while doing so can be deadly.
Ironprinces:
Ironprinces control the power of magnetism.

This Princedom is closely related to the Surgeprinces and Brightprinces, who represent two other aspects of the same force. Ironprinces can use their power to control metal, and are often seen wielding massive weapons and armor that no one could normally use. They can use their ability to directly shape magnetic metals, producing products of exceptional quality. Some Ironprinces are also known to be able to control certain birds, though how they do this is unknown.
Brightprinces:
Brightprinces control the power of the electromagnetic spectrum.

One of the most feared Princedoms, Brightprinces can shape light into devastating lances of burning power, fashion illusions, burn enemies from the inside-out or even curse them to an agonizing, lingering death. Brightprinces can also plunge an area into solid darkness, making them highly feared assassins.
Changeprinces:
Changeprinces control the power of nuclear energy.

Through means that are still poorly understood, changeprinces are capable of turning one substance into another, sometimes with a flash of light and heat, sometimes with cold and darkness. Despite this great power, the Princedom is believed to be cursed, with most Changeprinces wasting away of illness at a shockingly young age.
Doomprinces:
Doomprinces control the power of particle energy.

Most mysterious and dreaded of all the Princedoms, Doomprinces are truly eerie, capable of moving instantly to any place they can sense and appearing from thin air. Their greater power, however, and the one for which they are named, is their ability to see possible futures and even, some say, other worlds. Though legends of them abound, Doomprinces are rare, and those who exist are often driven mad by the things they see. Doomprinces are also often plagued by bizarre, inexplicable happenings, only adding to their reputation.

Hi everyone! As you can see, I've decided to go ahead and make my first RP on CC. I still have a lot of work to do on the worldbuilding and preparation for the RP. As planned, Galesgate is going to be largely open world, but with some optional driving plots your characters can join, like Anaphora or IR. The world is fairly early-modern in its society and technology--think Victorian England, with Galesgate as London--and there'll be plenty of room for nobles, thieves, noble thieves, thieves who are nobles, and people who are neither nobles nor thieves. More seriously, you really will be able to play basically anything, with some restrictions we'll get to in a minute. The main "good guy" characters in that optional driving plot I mentioned will be an elite force of Princes recruited to help protect the city, and main antagonists will be rival claimants to the Archonate, vicious crime lords, and... Well, you'll learn about them later. If you want a specific position for your character, just say so and I'll reserve it.

Anyway, onto those restrictions... Currently, I'm only allowing people to make three characters, and I'm allowing two members of each Princedom,so the RP doesn't get bogged down. Additionally, I'm only planning to allow people to make three reservations. Now, you can--and in many cases probably will--spend multiple reservations on a single character. For example, you can reserve one of the Bindprince slots, and then one of the Defenders of Galesgate slots for your Bindprince, and then you can reserve one of the Coldprince slots for your second character, but then you have a third character slot with no reservations. You can add whatever you want to your characters that's still open when the game begins, and players who join later in the game won't necessarily have the same restrictions on making Princes.

Without further ado, here are the reservations:

Defender of Galesgate: 11/12 (Omni, Mythie, Lyssy, Syd, Writing, Paradox, Mike, Athena, Wishie, Ace, Lady Sen)
Rival Claimant: 3/3 (Shannon, Paradox, Ace)
Crime Lord of Galesgate: 1/3 (BrahamaRavenrider)
Forceprince: 2/2 (Mike, Athena)
Quakeprince: 2/2 (Lyssy, Athena)
Bindprince: 2/2 (Omni, Syd)
Thunderprince: 1/2 (Shannon)
Skyprince: 2/2 (Syd, Ace)
Coldprince: 2/2 (Mike, Paradox)
Flameprince: 2/2 (Athena, Shannon)
Surgeprince: 2/2 (Ace, Wishie)
Ironprince: 2/2 (Omni, Writing)
Brightprince: 2/2 (Paradox, Lady Sen)
Changeprince: 2/2 (Writing, BrahamaRavenrider)
Doomprince: 2/2 (Mythie, Writing)

Last edited by Omni on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 15 times in total
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Re: Preview and Reservations|Galesgate: Princedoms and Portents

Post by Mythie on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Can I reserve a Doomprince who is also one of the defenders of Galesgate. I love this idea and can't wait to see what we can do with it.
Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:49 pm

May I reserve a Quakeprince that is a defender please? ^-^
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Can I reserve a Bindprince who is a defender of Galesgate?
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://max-from-hawkins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Okay so this is going to use up all of my reservations.

I do want a second character to be a Doomprince, though I'm not sure he or she will be a Defender.

For now, though, my Changeprince will be a Defender. So yup, there're my reservations.
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Reservations have been updated! Syd, Mythie, and Lyssy, you all each have one more reservation left for whatever you want. Keep in mind that if there're any open slots left (and there will be, trust me) when the RP starts, they'll be free to claim even by people with no reservations.

There are no more slots remaining for Doomprinces or Bindprinces. Everything else is still open.
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:17 pm

I'll also take a Skyprince, then! Thanks~
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://max-from-hawkins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Could I reserve a Brightprince who is a Defender of Galesgate? Thanks!
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm

This looks kinda cool. Can I have the other Brightprince slot? I have an idea for it.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Reservations updated! Syd, you have no more reservations remaining. Paradox, you have one, and Lady Sen, you have two.

The Brightprince slots are now full.
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top