Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  canaissexy  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 1:08 am by Cana

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Hime

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

New RPG Maybe..?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New RPG Maybe..?

Post by Hawky on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Hola peoples. Hawky here.

It's not that I don't find any of the current RPs here interesting, I do. I just...always feel awkward trying to jump into something that's been going on for a while. It's just a 'me' thing. I'm a socially awkward person, even online~

So, in coming up with an idea, my brain went immediately to the high-fantasy route. That's where it always goes. It's my thing. It's what I love. But then... This next idea came to me, after watching a play-through of a still-in-development game called "We Happy Few." I wasn't sure about it at first, but it kept pestering me and pestering me, like a toddler who wants something. I started to warm up to it. So, even though the fantasy-dork in me wants to veto it and go in the initial direction I wanted to go in... I'm noticing quite a lot of fantasy already on here. Not a bad thing. After all, what else can I expect from a community pretty much made up of a bunch of people who used to play a game about wizards? And, as pointed out earlier, I'm right there with ya on the fantasy-loving-train.

So... I'm gonna attempt to introduce this new, surprisingly not fantasy idea first. It'll either go over well...or not. No hard feelings over the latter. I just wanna see if this'll garner interest. If so, that's frickin' awesome.

Aaaanyhoo, if you've stuck with me this long, you're amazing and I love you. As your reward, I'll actually describe the idea. Very Happy

Basically, it's a dystopian society. But I don't want it to be another Hunger Games or Divergent (even though I enjoyed both series (except you, Mockingjay.)). I want it a little darker, a little more twisted. I want Bioshock: Infinite meets 1984. I have a really long backstory-thing written out more or less, that I'll gladly share, if you're interested.

Anyway, setting-wise, it takes place in America, in the year 2896. It's your typical 'sci-fi' setting--very futuristic looking, computers in your brain, flying cars, everything sleek and lights and whatnot. The country is run by a religious cult (of the newest religion Abelism), headed by the great-grandson of its creator Philip Henry Richard Abel IV. And the laws of the country are very, *very* strict and relating to that cult. Law-enforcement is absolutely brutal--the police have the right to physically beat and/or take into custody (which...pretty much means being taken to a torture chamber) anyone who they deem a Sinner. Mostly, its the poor people who can't afford the required-by-law drug, I:223, which causes the user to be totally happy--all other emotions subdued. It's an addictive drug, and makes people preeeetty mentally malleable. (That latter sentence is...pretty unknown amongst the general population, and Abelist leaders want to keep it that way)

It's a society where everything is chosen for you, so that you obviously don't need to burden yourself with it: at age 12, you take an aptitude test that determines your career, future spouse, how many kids you should have, etc. It shouldn't matter, society says, who you're paired up to marry. After all, everyone loves everyone.

When this hypothetical RP takes place, a recorded message by Philip Henry Richard Abel I's daughter recently was found. She warns of her father's evil plot to rise to power and to never, EVER take I:223. Leaders attempted to take the recording out of circulation, but it was too late. The right people saw it. An entire movement began, an attempt to stop taking I:223 and return to normal human emotion and thought. Not all, obviously. Many feared what would happen if they did. Others, still under the mind-numbing effects of the drug, believed the now-edited propaganda that denied the truth of the recording. Those strong few who wanted to fight fell even fewer, however, due to the addictive qualities of the drug. But they continue to gather strength for a rebellion, attempting to blend into society until then.

And that's where you lovely people come in~

Again, this is just to see if there's any sort of interest in this kinda thing as an RPG 'round here. If not, thaaaat's totally cool. ^^"

Thanks for looking at what I'm sure is a very very long thing. o-o (and ignore the lack of proper italics and such. This was typed on my phone's notes things and then posted from a phone...)
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Re: New RPG Maybe..?

Post by Athena Lionheart on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:16 pm

This reminds me of 'The Giver' in a way. I'm kinda interested Very Happy
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

As cool as this sounds (I really enjoyed the concept of the Bioshock games and I still remember the plot of 1984, having found it to be fascinating as well), now is honestly the worst time for me in particular since my freshman year in college is starting up and I doubt I'll be able to be on CC enough to devote myself to any RPGs and let people down when I can't post. Still, I honestly wish you the best of luck with the RPG, it sounds like a great idea.

Last edited by Ace on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ace
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by King Ki11 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 pm

I really like this idea Very Happy Like Athena said it reminds me a lot of "The Giver" but I also see some of the "Legend Trilogy" in it.

I'm interested with what else you have for this rpg
King Ki11
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:54 pm

I like it, kinda sounds like "the Giver" the marriage part sounds like my Code 9 story
I would join it sounds like fun.
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:24 pm

It sounds like a really fascinating idea and one that I would love to be a part of. But, similar to Ace, I start back up in college on Monday and I'm going to be working five days a week, so this is a pretty awful time for me to be jumping into new RPGs. I probably won't be around much on CC and don't want to join this if I can't devote myself to it. I wish you the best of luck though because it sounds like it's a great idea. I'll definitely be reading along, when I can, if you make it! Smile
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:37 pm

While I'm incredibly busy, I would join this in a heartbeat. I'm a huge fan of both 1984 and the Giver.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:49 am

It's a nice idea. Like three or four other people have said, it reminds me of "The Giver". WE ALL READ IT, PEOPLE.
All jokes aside, it does sound good.
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:06 am

I'm glad this is getting as much attention as it is. ^^ Surprisigly enough, I haven't read or seen The Giver. Heh...

To both Ace and boyhoy, I wish you both the very best of luck.
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:55 pm

RT @Ace @boyhoy

I'm a big Bioshock nut and, while I haven't read 1984, I have read The Giver - not to mention this also reminds me of Brave New World (at least, the drug part). I'd be on board, but like Ace and boyhoy, I'm starting college on the 27th, so my activity level will get kinda wonky. I'll certainly try, tho!
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: