FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

--Perquisition--

Go down

--Perquisition-- Empty --Perquisition--

Post by Hawky on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:41 am

This idea has been in my head for....a long time. This world where its set even longer. I do hope to eventually write the other story where this land originated... But with school coming up--less than a week left, ugh--I feel that since this is planned to be much shorter, maybe I'd start with it. Honestly, I'm surprised I started it, even. It just suddenly came to me. It also came out much, much sadder than I had intended, whoops. Buuuut, since my brain sort of enjoys making characters I create suffer (>:3), expect many more sads to come. Maybe. I dunno. We'll see. For now, you can enjoy this prologue. (Also.... The title.... Hm. Oh well.)

Edit: Oh. Whoops. Totally forgot. PLEASE leave any feedback/comments/criticism. I want to get better at writing, after all~

Prologue

Carna should have listened to her husband.

“Ye stubb’rn woman, I’m tellin’ ye a storm’s comin’,” he had said.

She had simply waived him off. She was a Nympha—one gifted with water magic—for Althea’s sake. He just didn’t understand, being the non-magic user that he was. Water called to her; it was a part of her. Even if a storm did break out, she reasoned, she would be able to protect herself.

Eventually, he gave in, muttering to himself. “A clean shirt’ll do ye in…” So, the young wife, and mother of two young sons, climbed into her little boat and set out into the ocean for a while to think.

The storm did break out. And it was much bigger than Carna anticipated. Probably bigger than her husband anticipated, or he never would have let her go. The violent waves threw her small watercraft about and absolutely refused to bend to her will enough for her to be safe.

Baldur’s going to kill me when I get back…. she thought as another waved splashed up over the boat, soaking her to the core.

It was the merciless kind of storm: blackened skies, rain falling in cold, nearly opaque sheets, winds churning the normally calm waters into a blind, savage rage. The thunder and lightning came at the same time, briefly illuminating the terrifyingly sharp angles of fierce upsurges of water as the initial crack roared and rumbled across the sky. Carna clenched the sides of the boat so tightly that her knuckles turned white and the muscles in her forearms trembled—though, that could have been from the icy chill that had permeated her entire body. Her heart was pounding, and breaths came in sharp, small gasps. She was panicking.

And in her panic, the water began to churn even more—one of the nasty side effects of letting emotions get the best of you as a magic-user. I need to calm down…. But she couldn’t. Her thoughts would drift to her husband, probably sitting in front of the window that overlooked the water, desperately looking out for any sign of her return. And then she would think of her oldest son—Ansell, whose mind was always decades older than he, would probably be distracting his younger brother, who would be asking so many questions. Oh…her poor Jasyn… He was so young. He still needed his mother. If she didn’t make it back…

The sudden sting of cold water snapped her back to reality just in time to see a monstrous rogue wave coming toward her. There was no stopping it. As the young woman prepared herself for the impact, the wave crashed into her small craft, tearing it to pieces and knocking her into the dark, swirling water. The sheer force and sudden bite of cold was enough to push all the air out of her lungs. She needed to get out of the water; there was no way she could use magic in her current state. Fighting the terror, Carna managed to surface, only to be shoved under by another wave. Her lungs were now screaming for air, and her brain was scrambled—which way was up? She couldn’t move, her limbs torn in every direction by the water she loved so much. Her strength was quickly fading, her vision was going dark…

Baldur….Ani…Jay… Please…forgive me…

------

Baldur hadn’t seen his wife since she stubbornly went off boating the day of the storm. He tried to remain optimistic, for both himself and his boys. Besides, Carna was a strong woman. He half-expected her to just waltz into the house any second and go, “Surprised to see me?” in that infuriatingly endearing way she had. But, nearly a week later, his confidence began to fade.

All hope was lost, though, when some of the town’s fishermen discovered the shattered remains of what seemed to be, at one point, a small boat. It was painted that same bright blue his wife loved so dearly. The color she insisted on painting the tiny craft they had gotten soon after their marriage.

It was at that point everyone knew. Carna was a well-known and loved woman among the village. She was feisty and unpredictable, and it was a wonder, people said, that she had ever settled down. Especially with the local lumberjack’s stoic, silent son.

Baldur was a man that prided himself on his ability to control his emotions. But that day, he broke down in the middle of the docks and sobbed.

I shouldn’t have let her go… I should have been more insistent…. What will I tell the boys?

That day was the hardest day of his life. But he had two wonderful sons he needed to be strong for. Two wonderful sons that were Carna’s pride and joy.

With that thought in mind, Baldur stood and headed home to tell his sons that their mother was dead.

They never did find the body.
Hawky
Hawky

Back to top Go down

--Perquisition-- Empty Re: --Perquisition--

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:51 am

Oh my goodness! I swear, you broke my heart -- until that very last line. :O Now I'm intrigued.

But yeah, you've got a very good start here, Hawky, and it's refreshing to see an original piece in the story section. The world already feels fairly fleshed-out, and you captured two strong, distinct character personalities within one prologue. So good job!

I'd love to see a new chapter. Very Happy
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 am

O: Hawky! You didn't tell me you got amazing at writing! I really like it!

The only thing I could suggest is a little more atmosphere, more of the five senses. But hey, this is a prologue, so not having much of that is fine anyways xD
Athena Lionheart
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 am

@WritingBookworm wrote:Oh my goodness! I swear, you broke my heart -- until that very last line. :O Now I'm intrigued.

But yeah, you've got a very good start here, Hawky, and it's refreshing to see an original piece in the story section. The world already feels fairly fleshed-out, and you captured two strong, distinct character personalities within one prologue. So good job!

I'd love to see a new chapter. Very Happy
Excuse me while I fangirl a little. I've always loved your stuff, so that means so much to me, thank you!

@Athena Lionheart wrote:O: Hawky! You didn't tell me you got amazing at writing! I really like it!

The only thing I could suggest is a little more atmosphere, more of the five senses. But hey, this is a prologue, so not having much of that is fine anyways xD

Definitely something I will work on~ c: Thankssss.
Hawky
Hawky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum