FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 3:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» A Tired Hiatus
Yesterday at 6:21 am by Adrian

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Something Meaningful (Jadelynn)

Go down

Something Meaningful (Jadelynn)

Post by Wishie on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Something Meaningful -- Jadelynn

Lynn found me on a sunny Aestas afternoon, on the afternoon where I’d been about to give up all hope.

She always had good timing that way.

From my vantage point in the tree, I could see absolutely nothing.

Even if I hadn’t been in the tree, I never would’ve seen anything anyway. There was no one, nothing, in this part of Aspernor.

I was hungry, and thirsty, and overheated. The few berries I’d managed to scrounge up from bushes around the area were long gone, and I’d been lightheaded much of the morning.

I made to let go of the tree, but the world swayed around me, and then there was a sharp shock.

I came to on the ground, with a pistol cocked next to my head. I’d let go of the tree.

Shite. I sat up and scrambled backwards. The gun’s owner, a tall, thin, black-haired girl, studied me. “Who are you?”

My persistent dizziness made it hard to focus on anything other than the gun pressing ever more insistently into my head.

“I’m thirsty,” was all I could manage to say.

“Who. Are. You?” She repeated, sounding both desperate and aggravated.

“I… Jade,” somehow remembering my name. “Wish… Wishter.”

She lowered the pistol slightly, looking… disappointed?, and rummaged around in the pack she carried with her, handing me a water bottle.

Clumsily, I opened the cap and drank deeply, slopping copious amounts of water on myself in my haste.

“Careful,” she said, her tone emotionless. I didn’t stop until I’d drank and spilled half the bottle.

“Who are you?” I asked her, fumbling with the bottle until I’d gotten the cap back on it. She watched with icy blue eyes as I did this, and only once she’d taken the bottle back did she answer me.

“I’m Lynea.” She doesn’t offer a last name.

“Lynea,” I say, testing it out. “Can I call you Lynn?”

She looked slightly taken aback for a second before recomposing her features. “What makes you think we’re going to stick around each other?”

“You gave me water.”

“You can call me Lynn.”

I smile triumphantly, but it soon slips as she asks, “Why are you here, Jade?”

I hesitate, and Lynn takes this silence as an answer. “I see.”

I don’t talk to her for the rest of the night, nor does she talk to me, but later, when she brings back a rabbit she’s killed, I turn it into food without complaint.

And somehow, we are allies, in this huge, cruel world.

She hides her secrets well, I learn. She makes small talk while avoiding anything meaningful, says funny things with no weight behind them. I ask her questions and skillfully she skirts around them.

But I do the same, I suppose, deflecting all questions but one.

“Where are you from?”

That is the one question I answer, with a terse, short, “Acritudo.”

She doesn’t ask after that, and I am grateful.

We become friends slowly, as only one does when trekking as runaways through a country you have no business being in.

We share Traits and secrets and daydreams and wishes, wishes that we were normal, wishes that the world were normal, wishes that it would all be okay. I learn her age (the same as mine), her favorite color (green), and her last name. She tells me about her mother and I tell her about mine, distant memories from another life entirely, it seems.

There are nights I wake to her crying, her fist stuffed in her mouth to mute her whimpers, and I crawl out of my sleeping bag and into hers. In the daylight, she never mentions this, and I follow her example.

Sometimes she kisses me. Just a small, gentle brush of her lips against mine, and I wonder if it is only to reassure herself that I am still here, or if it means something.

And one night, under the cover of darkness and directly following a nightmare, she spills to me the horrors of her past, of running and hiding. Why she is the way she is now.

I kiss her then, as she is crying and shaking, brushing my lips against hers again and again. Slowly, I kiss her back to sanity, and she huddles against me and falls asleep.

We never sleep in separate sleeping bags again.

Nothing gets easier, not really. It only gets more bearable, and I find that I am actually enjoying being on the run.

But one day she brings up the rebel organization known as Anaphora’s Redemption, and I stare at her in both fear and horror.

“Lynn,” I beg, but my pleas fall on deaf ears. She is already making plans.

It is out of love for Lynn that I board the ship secretly, that we steal away under the cover of night, that we camp out in Cruore for a year before finally finding them, the Redemption.

They are kind. They are absolutely kind and nothing less than welcoming, and for the first time in my life — in either of our lives, we are surrounded by people like us, by the misunderstood revolutionaries and misguided Trait Bearers of the world, of all three worlds, brought together under the circumstances such as this.

And even as we work on bringing down the governments, I find myself longing the old days, the days when I could reach over and kiss Lynn with ease, when we shared a sleeping bag as easily as breathing.

I lose my squeamishness. My power develops.

After a couple of weeks, during the final battle against Acritudo, Lynn kisses me.

It is nothing like the chaste kisses we shared merely weeks ago, the ones that reassured and soothed. No, this kiss sets my veins on fire, fills me with unadulterated desire.

I love this woman, I realize. I would do anything to keep her safe.

And so after the battle, in the aftermath where we all deal with the suffering we caused, the killing that made us something other than human, I do nothing.

I stay away from Lynn.

And like the wishes from years ago, I wish for the world to be okay.

((It's clumsy and I literally just wrote it and it hasn't been proofread at all but there ya go))
Wishie
Excellent Creator
Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: Something Meaningful (Jadelynn)

Post by Fix-It on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm

I LOVE IT Very Happy
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://lesbianfroggy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Nicely written, Wishie Very Happy I've always wanted to see a little more of their past c:
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Ace
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:43 am

:O Wishie, I love it! I love this element of profound simplicity it has, and it was awesome to see Lynn and Jade each grow. Incredibly well done. Smile
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum