Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

The Day I Met Resh Archambault

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Day I Met Resh Archambault

Post by Hime on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello, everyone! Today I was wallowing in my own boredom and, after reading Lyssy's story about Cameron and Kieran again, I got the urge to write something about IR. However, I didn't think of anything plot-wise or depressing (since all of that will come later Twisted Evil), but I did think of a pretty good idea that I know many of us have thought about for a while:

Meeting our RPG characters!!

Why did I choose Resh? Probably because he's the most personality-rich character I have at the moment, and probably because I'd really love to meet him in real life.

I wrote this in a little less than an hour, so no, it's not professionally written. It's mostly comical and pretty whimsical, so I hope you enjoy! albino

THE DAY I MET RESH ARCHAMBAULT

The line between reality and fantasy is a blurry one. Some may not believe that, but trust me, it’s true. Thoughts born from our minds aren’t simply. . . Thoughts. They’re the force that gives something on a page a breath and heartbeat.

. . . And sometimes even an ego so big that it suffocates everyone else in the room.

I doubted this theory, too. I thought myself to be the average sixteen year old girl who cries over boys and believed I was too grown up to dwell on fantasy. I believed this until, well, the day I was proven wrong.

“Hey. . . Hey!”

My eyes opened with a start as I sat up quickly, not noting the throbbing headache I had until I was no longer drowsy and confused. I groaned and touched my hand to my scalp, ignoring the blond boy who stood in front of me.

The room I was in was completely foreign to me. Hell, it looked foreign to my own planet. At first, it seemed like an average dining room, with oaken furniture and crystal assets and pictures of family. But then I started to notice other things about it, such as the hoverboard repair kit that my head was previously resting on.

And considering the view of a rather steampunk city that the kitchen window allowed, it was safe to say that I was no longer on planet Earth.

“Who are you?” the blond boy asked suspiciously, slowly drawing a pair of pistols from his waist.

I stared at him with both fear and awe. He looked familiar. . . Dangerously familiar. The kind of familiar that keeps one up at night, with them thinking “Dammit, I know them from somewhere!”

He was pretty freaking tall, that was the first thing I really noticed. He also seemed to like black and fitted tank tops. His pants were brown however, with a multitude of black accessories hanging from the waist. I furrowed my brows, his image hitting a nerve within me.

“Who are you?” I retaliated. His cautious expression melted into utter annoyance.

The boy drew gradually closer, tilting his head at me. “Who am I? The name’s Resh, and that’s all I feel like telling you. I’d like to know why you were sleeping on my dining room table. . . And how you got in here in the first place.”

The second I saw his pierced cartilage, I knew. I brought my hands to my face, genuinely wondering if I was dreaming. “Oh my god. . .”

He narrowed his sapphire eyes. “What?”

I attempted to reach out for his face, mouth wide open to match my eyes. “I made you.”

Okay. I admit, that was a weird thing to say. But it’s true, nonetheless.

“What the f— H-Hey, get your hand away from me!” he stuttered, face red with embarrassment and confusion. Resh stumbled back, sticking his guns straight at me. “Are you an escaped asylum patient?”

“Why did I make you so overbearing? God. . . I think I did pretty good with your looks, though. Oh, and you DO have a flustered side! How cute. I should write that in more.”

He blinked at me, now completely and utterly bewildered at what I was saying. “What the hell are you talking about?!”

I crossed my arms, continuing to think aloud as I circled him slowly. “I did give you quite the sailor’s mouth. . . It adds to your character, though. Oh, and look!” I reached into his back pocket, gleefully pulling out a pair of black fingerless gloves. “You have these! I knew you would.  I know they help you shoot better. . .”

Within the next few minutes, Resh had set up a sort of interrogation at his dining room table, flashing a lamp’s bright yellow glow into my eyes. “Alright kid, listen up. I wanna know everything you know about me, and how you know it.”

“Oh, that’s easy. You’re Resh Eldon Archambault, born to Furor and Teshem Archambault on Gaiat 17th. You have three brothers, a niece, and you have two girls madly in love with you. You also have a bromance with Aidec Farenart —“

“Why does everyone think that?!”

I simply smiled at him. “Because it’s true.”

Resh leaned forward, a hint of craziness in his expression. “Who. . . Are. . . You?”

“Okay. I know it’s hard to believe, but I made you. Not as in birthed you or anything, because I’m not from N’al Ren. And plus, I’m pretty much your age. But, I did create you. I sat down one day and designed you — your looks, your personality, your family, everything. Everything that has happened to you has happened because I made it happen. Does that make any sense at all?”

He stared at me. That was the only answer I needed. With a sigh, I pulled over a piece of paper and began to draw out a diagram.

“This is me. My name is Hermione. Some time back in 2013, I had this idea to create a world where people could make their own stories and take control of their own destinies. Pretty simple, right? I came up with N’al Ren, and then Ald Ruhn. And then a lot of other people came in and created your friends! Adrian made Aidec. . . Ronan made Cameron. . . Mythie made Ebony. . . Oh! And I also made Arker, Fe, Yuffie, Everett, Miko, Alre, Farron — ”

“Wait. . . So you’re telling me. . . We’re a storybook?” Resh asked incredulously.

I shrugged. “To people where I’m from, you are.”

He rested his forehead against the table. “What the hell. . . Are you on drugs? Am I on drugs? I don’t even know what’s real anymore.”

“This is also sort of like writing-ception. Because I’m also writing this story as it makes place, too! I’m controlling every single thought and action that you do. I’m also writing every single thought and action I do.”

“Where are you from, exactly?”

“Earth.”

“What’s that?”

I sighed and shook my head, resting my chin on my fist. “It’s a dark place. We have people like Donald Trump and countries like Russia that bans memes.”

Resh furrowed his brows. “M-Memes? Donald Trum — ”

“It’s a long story.”

He leaned in closer. “Are you sure you’re okay in the head? Did Fe get a hold of you? Did you spend too much time around Folly?” he asked, seeming pretty concerned at this point.

With a shake of my head, I laughed. “No, Resh, everything I’m saying is true. But I’m afraid that my time with you is almost over. I’m almost done writing this story, and I likely have to get back and start writing your story again.”

“But I — ”

And it stopped there, mostly because there was no more ideas for conversation between us.

I admit, it was a surreal experience, meeting someone I had forged with the creative valleys of my own mind. It was like staring at a painting, or a sculpture crafted at my own hands. It was also surreal seeing myself in this world that has been shaped by so many hands. . .

At the same time, it wasn’t very surreal. Because in the end, I knew I would be writing this story out of boredom. It got me thinking, “What if I really did meet one of my own characters?” I don’t know if I’d bother explaining who I was or how I knew everything.

Instead, I think I’d run for my life and curse myself (AND OTHERS) for creating such a dangerous fictional nation.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: The Day I Met Resh Archambault

Post by Salphirix on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Lmao, that ending though. xD

I liked it! Are you gonna write your other characters too? o:
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Haha, poor Resh!

This was great, Hime! Very Happy
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 am

Lyssy-chan wrote:Lmao, that ending though. xD

I liked it! Are you gonna write your other characters too? o:

I'd like to! Hopefully I'll find the time one day. ^^ Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

@Athena Lionheart wrote:Haha, poor Resh!

This was great, Hime! Very Happy

Thank you Athena!!
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:40 am

gr8 m8, i r8 8/8
Ace
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 am

That was completely amazing!
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 am

@Ace wrote:gr8 m8, i r8 8/8

ty pet

@Paradox wrote:That was completely amazing!

Thank you, Paradox! Very Happy
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:37 pm

That was freaking hilarious, Hime. xD I like how it more or less breaks the fourth wall.
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:30 pm

awesome Hime! You're so talented and wonderful Smile
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:35 pm

@WritingBookworm wrote:That was freaking hilarious, Hime. xD I like how it more or less breaks the fourth wall.

@Neela wrote:awesome Hime! You're so talented and wonderful Smile

Thank you both so much!! I love you
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum