Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 2:00 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Open World Medieval RPG?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open World Medieval RPG?

Post by Hero of Time on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 am

Would anyone be at all interested in a Medieval RPG? Back in the day, it seemed like there was always at least one of these running, and they were always a lot of fun.

I've kind of decided that if I were to make one, I'd either like it to be entirely self-governing so that anyone can make any sort of plot or I would make a central plot that everyone can choose to follow or abstain from.

As always, there would be royalty to peasants and everything in between, and I wouldn't be too restrictive when it comes to creativity (i.e. magic would be allowed as well as whatever kind of supernatural whatever people wanted to happen).

Does anything along those lines appeal to anyone nowadays? Or would you guys rather there be an all-inclusive plot that governs everything?
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Open World Medieval RPG?

Post by Fix-It on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

Uh well if i'm not mistaken didn't we have like 10 of these on Central? I don't remember any of them living long-- probably because of the completely self driven plot. If you weren't royalty you basically had nothing to do which was kind of the point back in that Era. So id you want to make one go ahead I can't stop you but it 99% won't last long.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:08 pm

Sounds good to me! I'm in general a huge fan of open world roleplays, as well as medieval ones!

I would suggest, however, that multiple kingdoms should be allowed. From my limited knowledge, I've noticed that it leads to more interesting relations between characters, as it's no longer just a single strict hierarchy with the royal family at the top.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:25 pm

@Fix-It wrote:Uh well if i'm not mistaken didn't we have like 10 of these on Central? I don't remember any of them living long-- probably because of the completely self driven plot. If you weren't royalty you basically had nothing to do which was kind of the point back in that Era. So id you want to make one go ahead I can't stop you but it 99% won't last long.
I remember self driven plots being actually very popular as long as the rpg members were committed. One amazing example is Central CHB. It last for around 4 years with over 45,000 posts. The only plot thing made by the creator was the occasional quest but those were seldom. We always took it into our own hands to continue our characters stories. So I think such an rpg would do well and there would not be such a high chance it won't last long. 

Anyway, Writing, Hime, and Mythie are all working on a collab that's going to be medieval and free range.
Kane
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:41 pm

@Kane wrote:
@Fix-It wrote:Uh well if i'm not mistaken didn't we have like 10 of these on Central? I don't remember any of them living long-- probably because of the completely self driven plot. If you weren't royalty you basically had nothing to do which was kind of the point back in that Era. So id you want to make one go ahead I can't stop you but it 99% won't last long.
I remember self driven plots being actually very popular as long as the rpg members were committed. One amazing example is Central CHB. It last for around 4 years with over 45,000 posts. The only plot thing made by the creator was the occasional quest but those were seldom. We always took it into our own hands to continue our characters stories. So I think such an rpg would do well and there would not be such a high chance it won't last long. 

Anyway, Writing, Hime, and Mythie are all working on a collab that's going to be medieval and free range.

That I did not know! I'll leave it to them then Razz

But yeah, in the discussion of free range RPGs, I've always known them to do decently. I feel like most of why RPGs didn't last too long on Central was because people became stretched far too thin with all of the RPGs that popped up on a daily basis rather than because of the lack of rigid structure
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 pm

If any of you would like to help out as well, we'd be glad to have your input! Smile

The plot I'm formulating has a bit of structure, but it's not too rigid -- players can essentially do what they please. It's sort of developed into a fantasy/medieval RPG. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to tell me them!
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:30 pm

Probably wouldn't join, I don't recall ever really enjoying these types of roleplays. I wish you luck, though!

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:41 pm

If one was to be made, I would probably join, as I've been having ideas for a fantasy-type setting... Problem is, we've done tons of RPGs like this before, both on here and on Central. The Astral Empire comes to mind as I was a large part of that.

What if we tried something new, like free-range sci-fi? I mean, I understand sci-fi is harder because it requires a lot more creative thinking: you've gotta come up with more in-depth settings and races, whereas with fantasy you can just have your general Humans/Elves/Dwarves/Orcs.

However, if anyone is up for developing a free-range RPG, shoot me a PM, regardless of whether it's fantasy or sci-fi.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:54 pm

I've also notcied that rpgs with different kingdoms or factions invoke a kind of passion in the characters. It can even influence bigger story plot development.

With the structure, think that it should be set up as a plot and have the flexibility to branch out. Sorta like how some kingdoms hate each other but still rely on each other for supplies. In which I saw that people became angry with each other and cut off supply trips. I think that sorta thing is awesome.

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Alright, me, Hero and Time and Paradox have all been brainstorming a new free-range, sci-fi RPG. It's coming into stages of completion.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next few days, guys. We're hoping to make this pretty big.
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top