Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 8:25 pm by Cana

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

[OPEN RPG]-Applications Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [OPEN RPG]-Applications Thread- Anaphora: Entropy

Post by Salphirix on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi! Very Happy I'm glad you want to join, and I'm excited to see what you have in store for us. Sadly, even though I have a lot of insight on the RPG I'm not positive in what is still available and what can be joined (I do know that ENTROPY is completely closed that's about it). But I'm sure once Athena comes back she'll be able to answer your questions to the extent I wouldn't be able to. xD

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Hey there, Omni!

Reservations were there for people who wanted in on ENTROPY or starting Trait Bearer characters. That basically just means the people who wanted their characters going straight to Anaphora's Redemption spots had to reserve. That was in place to avoid the group getting flooded with characters and to keep the Trait Bearers a little more limited. Any other character that you can imagine is limitless as far as slots go!

If you don't have a character that fits neatly into the categories, that's okay! I'm not sure about what you had in mind, but I'd be open to adding an 'other' section. Nobody requested/asked about it before, so I didn't bother xD

I'd be really interested to hear more! I love to see new ideas introduced into Anaphora Smile

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Copying Writing's format here 'cause I like it.

Tesinth "Tess" Tuls:
Name: Tesinth Tuls

Name Meaning: “Warden of the Boundary” in Ancient Etruscan

Alias: Tess

Alias Meaning: A reference to Thomas Hardy’s Tess of the D’Ubervilles.

DOB: 22  Cadere, 9975

Trait: Tess no longer has a manifested trait.

Secondary Traits: Hate, Sorrow, Compassion

Tertiary Traits: Passion, Cruelty, Strength

Quaternary Traits: Imagination, Persistence, Logic

Quinary Traits: Faith, Joy, Greed, Restraint

Powers: Tess was formerly an extremely powerful Faith Bearer; however, following the destruction for her resistance cell and her epiphany, she can no longer summon so much as a firefly’s worth of light.

Appearance: Here

Personality: I generally prefer to let personality emerge through play. However, there should be enough in the other sections of this form to give a good general idea of Tess’s personality.

Personality Type: INFP, Melancholic

Bio: In month of Ver, 9981, Tesinth Tuls became an orphan. She did not remain one for long.

She escaped by blind luck; her parents, her brother Ikam, and her baby sister Aisna were not so lucky. In later years, she would realize that they had died for her; the soldiers who had killed them had doubtless been drawn by rumors of her own burgeoning power over light. After a full etona wandering the streets, eating scraps, and hiding in garbage piles from soldiers, Tesinth was taken in. To the public, her benefactor was simply Ihonn Avula, one of Poena’s legion of faceless laborers. To his young protégés, he was the Father, last surviving priest of the Church of the Song.

The Church, Tess learned, had existed since the earliest days of the three great empires, and had been created to preserve an ancient art called music in the hope of a future age when mankind would be free to once more be what it was meant to be: pure beings, above greed, or hate, or cruelty. Avula’s faith had cost him his family, but he had assembled a new one: a ragtag gang of orphans, inducted into the faith and trained as soldiers against oppression. Tess was the only Bearer among them, but it was hardly a concern; as great as Tess’s powers were, she could use them only sparingly, to avoid drawing attention to her tiny gang.

For years, they fought their war from the shadows. Under Avula’s direction, they stole entire fortunes from the rich and powerful of Poena. Only a fraction of what they took was distributed to the poor, of course—more than that would be suspicious—but they hurt the tyrants and that, Avula said, was what mattered. Tess, however, wanted to do more with her power. In Nivalis of the year 9992, she did.

The premature winter dark had already fallen when Tess saw the girl being menaced by soldiers in an alley. She could feel the power and conviction in her. Her light made it easy. Less than an hour later, the girl had told everything she knew to the Dictator’s enforcers in exchange for a single purse of coins.

The enforcers found them in their hideout. Dozens of soldiers died in the resulting slaughter, along with most of Tess’s adoptive family. In the end, only Tess, the soldiers’ leader, and one other boy remained standing. Tess attacked the enforcer, but her sword twisted in her hands and instead took her brother-in-arms in the throat. She faced the Cruelty Bearer alone, and the man delighted in telling her how he’d found her, how he’d see their corpses strung up from the ramparts as a reminder of what became of traitors and dissidents. Tess called her light, one final time.

She started with his fingers, burning them to atoms in a flash of brilliance. As the enforcer screamed, she worked her way up his arms, tears running down her face. She would make him pay, this man, who’d taken her family from her for the second time. It felt good, she realized, to hear him screaming. It felt good to give him what he deserved.

The light died as she realized the truth. Even if the tyrants fell, what they represented would remain. The greed of the girl who had betrayed her, Avula’s hatred for the rulers of Acritudo, her own cruelty to the enforcer, these things were part of humanity, as surely as love, or joy, or faith—maybe more surely. There would be no better age to come. There had been no past paradise. She had placed her belief in a lie. When more soldiers came, responding to the violence, they took Tess easily. Her faith was gone, and she had nothing with which to resist them.

Tess spent the next two and a half years a prisoner, living in perfect, opulent comfort in the palace of Vandor Zeidan. That, he had decided, would be her punishment: to live a perfect life, free of care or distress, while her friends, her family, rotted in iron gibbets. He made sure that she could see them, from the window of her beautifully furnished apartments, only a few hallways down from his own. They had once belonged to his son, she was told; he would have been about her age, had he lived. Sometimes, she had visitors. She was a pretty enough girl, after all. And through it all, she was not a prisoner: she could not leave the palace grounds by any gate, of course, but in her bedroom there was a knife, made of polished crystal. It had been made just for her, she was told, and while it was useless for any sort of combat, it could still slice a girl’s defenseless flesh, pierce a girl’s hard heart, end a girl’s sad life. Some days, she would stare at it for hours.

That was her life for two and a half years, until Acritudo fell.

Notable Relationships: Everybody she ever cared about is years dead. At least, that's what she thinks.

Weapon of Choice: In the past, Tess used a thin, light saber that could be easily concealed under her clothing. Since the night of her capture three years ago, however, she has had no chance to practice, and now has trouble making herself pick up the weapon again regardless.

Strengths: The worst has already happened to Tess, and she’s managed to survive it; simply put, there is no longer anything that can hurt her…

Weaknesses: …Except for herself. Tess wholeheartedly believes that all of the tragedies in her life have been her own fault, and he hates herself deeply for them.

Fun Facts: In real-world astrology, Tess is a Libra.

Unbeknownst to Tess, her biological brother Ikam also survived the death of their parents and became a ward of the state. He was eventually selected to become a soldier and rose to the rank of Captain in the military of Acritudo before the state was overthrown. He remains at large.

Her theme is Final Light by Phillip Lober.

I'll look into doing a form for Ikam later.

Last edited by Omni on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Accepted! Very Happy Wonderful form!

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Part two. This one will be wanting Writing's stamp of approval as well.

Captain Ikam Tuls:
Name: Ikam Tuls

Name Meaning: “Faltering of the Boundary” in Ancient Etruscan

Alias: Captain Tuls

Alias Meaning: He’s a captain. Or at least, he was.

DOB: 38 Aestas, 9972

Trait: Hate

Secondary Traits: Strength, Restraint

Tertiary Traits: Sorrow, Logic, Persistence

Quaternary Traits: Imagination, Cruelty, Compassion

Quinary Traits: Faith, Joy, Greed, Passion

Powers: The power of Ikam’s hatred  is kept carefully leashed, both due to its inherent destructive potential and the necessity of hiding it from his masters. Unlike most hate bearers, Ikam rarely uses his gift on his enemies. Rather, he unleashes his rage to push the soldiers under his command to greater heights in combat; it was this ability that secured his swift promotion to captain, as well as secured his survival of the fall of Acritudo with a full complement of soldiers still under his command.

Appearance: Here

Personality: As was mentioned, I prefer RPing this section out.

Personality Type: ESTJ, Choleric

Bio: Ikam was nine years old when he lost his parents. He remembers very little of the event itself, including how he escaped, or of the year that followed, in which he lived on the streets, fighting with other children for scraps from the garbage and warm places to sleep at night. After he was caught stealing from a street vendor, Ikam was put in a state orphanage, which, in Acritudo, was the polite way of saying a slave camp for children. This was even worse than his time on the street, and it was during those three years that his Trait revealed itself. On his fourteenth birthday, he joined the military.

Ikam did well for himself as a soldier; indeed, he found that he enjoyed it. When he wore his uniform, he was more than himself: he was the full, terrible might of Acritudo incarnate. He had power, enough power to make sure that he was never helpless again. At sixteen, he used his Trait to hold the lines in a skirmish with Aspernor, countering the power of his opponents’ hatred with his own, catching the eyes of his superiors and beginning his meteroric rise through the ranks.

On the day Acritudo fell—Ikam’s 23rd birthday—he was on leave in the southern resort town of Roburtum. As soon as the news reached him, he put himself back on active duty and began traveling towards Poena, gathering the scattering forces of Acritudo as he went, before disappearing into the mountains to plan his counterstrategy.

Notable Relationships: Ikam makes a point of not making friends; it’d be awkward if he had to kill one of them later.

Weapon of Choice: Ikam is known for wielding an absurdly large blade named Grimreave. He has cultivated this image purposefully, and he carries a small, single-shot pistol hidden on his belt to shoot opponents while they’re distracted by the absurdly large blade named Grimreave. Usually shooting from point-blank range, he almost never misses.

Strengths: Ikam is powerful, calculating, and a capable strategist, with a fairly significant chunk of Acritudo’s remaining military forces behind him. In other words, bad news.

Weaknesses: Ikam can, at times, be too cautious; furthermore, he does have within himself a deep reservoir of anger, tightly bottled, waiting to be unleashed. It takes a great deal to seriously provoke him, but once it’s been done, the results are truly epic.

Fun Facts: Ikam is currently seeking out Therese Zeidan in order to put his troops at her disposal, as she is the only member of her family that he knows is neither dead nor a traitor.

His theme is "The Driver" by Bastille.

Now, could anybody give me a brief update on what's up in the RP so I can figure out where to drop these two into the thick of it?

Last edited by Omni on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Looks good! Very Happy

So far, not too much has happened. Therese has been introduced to ENTROPY, which is waiting for an opportunity to arise before doing anything. Avaditas is preparing for Venatura, which will commence tomorrow in RP. Aspernor is currently fortifying everything like crazy, and Aurora also dropped the pregnancy bomb on us. Anaphora's Redemption is doing what they can to just keep up and stay afloat. They're sending Kihira, Serafina, and Jade out to Cruore to oversee a fort siege on the Avaditas border during Venatura and are also trying to sort out an aspiring member's situation. A few Trait Bearer characters are currently making their way to Poena in hopes of joining as well.

Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Because everybody's about to get on a boat and I'm a terrible person.

Zeri Lein/Captain Ril Neris:
Name: Zeri Lein

Name Meaning: “To Die Free” in Ancient Etruscan

Alias: Ril Neris

Alias Meaning: “Spirit of the Water” in Ancient Etruscan

DOB: 33 Ver, 9967

Trait: None

Secondary Traits: Imagination, Strength, Passion

Tertiary Traits: Sorrow, Joy, Persistence

Quaternary Traits: Greed, Compassion, Logic

Quinary Traits: Restraint, Hate, Cruelty, Faith

Powers: While not a power per se, time spent with Ril has made Zeri extremely resistant to the persuasion abilities of Greed Bearers due to repeated exposure.

Appearance: Here.

Personality: RP’d.

Personality Type: ENFP, Sanguine

Bio: The story of Captain Ril Neris is, of course, a legend in her local Avaditas; it’s simply too interesting not to be, despite the official disapproval of so much as speaking the woman’s name. Like many such interesting tales, this one starts in a brothel.

It is a matter of some debate what, exactly, prompted what Imperial historians would come to jokingly refer to as the Cathouse Revolt of 9990; the majority opinion is that an officer of the Avaditan forces got too rough with a girl, prompting other working girls to retaliate. What is known is that within hours Sauda’s red-light district had turned into a war zone. The military had more men, more weapons, and more support, but the women had surprise, and ferocity, and hostages: many officials of the Avaditan government who had been taking their pleasure in the district when the rebellion started found themselves unable to leave. In the words of one, “those bloody women literally had me by the balls.” In all, the prostitutes managed to hold out for over a month, leaving hundreds of soldiers dead. In later years, it was sometimes speculated among the better-informed of the Avaditan court that the elder Avon Dasilva’s mishandling of the situation may have factored into his son’s decision to replace him, as within less than a year the former was dead and the latter had taken the throne—but such things were spoken only in whispers, and only where none might overhear.

Trying to salvage something from the disaster of the Cathouse Revolt, the then-Emperor declared Venatura, using the ringleaders of the Revolt as the combatants. This proved to be a further mistake, as one of the prostitutes in question, Zeri Lein by name, happened to be a favorite of Ril Neris, a Veteran of great talent and dubious mental stability. Ril was upset to learn of Zeri’s impending demise, and decided that she wasn’t going to stand for the death of her favorite whore. With extensive use of her contacts, bribery, and liberal application of her Greed trait, Ril managed to smuggle Zeri out of Sauda during the feast before the games. She then took her to the military port at Kallumia, where she commandeered the single most impressive vessel in the Avaditan fleet, the Emperor’s Hand, which she renamed the Reprisal, and embarked on a life of unrepentant piracy.

What none outside of the most trusted of the Reprisal’s crew know is that Ril Neris died of her wounds barely twenty miles after leaving Ira.
At the time, it had been Ril alone who had been holding the ship’s crew together; with her dead, the outlook was bleak. However, most of the crew had only met her in person that day, and she had been in Zeri’s company the entire time, leading to confusion about who was who. Thus, it was decided that Zeri would become Ril, and dead Ril would become dead Zeri. Since that time, Zeri has sailed the seas, the most dreaded pirate of the modern age, under her dead client’s assumed identity.

Notable Relationships: Her crew, but I'm planning to make them up as I go along.

Weapon of Choice: Cutlass and Pistol

Strengths: Zeri is an extremely accomplished liar, and her tongue is gilded enough that she's been able to fake having the Greed Trait for the last five years; she's also a capable strategist and naval captain.

Weaknesses: Zeri isn't nearly as much of a bitch as she'd like everyone to believe.

Fun Facts: Zeri’s real-life birthday is the speculated date of Anne Bonny’s death.

Her theme is Garryowen.

Last edited by Omni on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Omni
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Omg I love it xD accepted!

Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Name: Orphamiel Makir Gavreel

Alias: Goddess Orphamiel (is usually what she's addressed by anyways) Mother of traits.

Trait: All traits.

Appearance:

** Her hair actually reflects the space that they live in. It's constantly changing as the planet moves and as stars change.
** Looking into her stunning blue eyes for too long will cause you to relive moments of your past or future. They also change different blues as her hair changes.
** 5'6", perfect weight, perfect build.

Personality: Even though she possesses all the traits she likes to change herself between all of them. But she usually favors positive traits rather than negative.

Honestly, all she wants is some friends. She gets very lonely and people tend to get tired of her.

Bio:
She's the first "trait bearer". She was banished from her home because of her constant personality change and her powers. The people of Anaphora saw her as a freak of nature and possible threat to all people living in Anaphora. And, because of that she was knocked out and set to burn on the stake. As she was burning she transcended into what she was made for, to be the goddess of Anaphora and be The Mother Of Traits.

From then on she's been living in space, occasionally visiting and dropping off "more traits" for people to possess. She's had an affair with each of the current Leaders and favors Anaphora's Redemption.

Weapon: Her sword is one made of pure energy. Just poking it will cause you to have a one hit KO. It can also change into a bow when she feels too lazy to do close range, and she can fire many, many arrows from it

Strengths: Perfect in every way possible.

Weaknesses: She has none!

Trivial:
** She has six wings, each a different color: space, light, darkness, blood, life, and rainbow.
** Can change her trait powers at will.
** Can see the future.
** Can speak to all animals and creatures.
** Founded every nation, even those we don't know.
** Is outside the concept of time.
** Sneezes cause super novas.
** Traveled over to IR at one point and took that over.
** Did I mention she can travel to other dimensions when she's bored?
** Charitia is actually her child.
** She has a huge crush on the Emperor of Avaditas.
** She's perfected all the traits.
** She actually shot Vandor.
** She was Axel's Ostrich and the reason he has weird dreams.
** Did I mention she can make people dream certain things?

ALSO! She's recruiting for Venatura government officials and for anyone who wants to participate in Venatura D2 and possibly a bit of D1~

I hope this was a good ad, Athena~
Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Beautiful form 10/10 would read again
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator