FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Today at 2:21 pm by Comrade Squid

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am by boyhoy

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am by boyhoy

» Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am by Adrian

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 pm by Fix-It

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 pm by Adrian

» Dylan's Ultimate Guide to his Asphodel Characters
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:14 am by Captain Whitehawk

March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Siren's Call

Go down

The Siren's Call

Post by Kane on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:06 pm

Hey there! I just wanted to post what I have so far for my story for creative writing. Don't hesitate to tell me how I can improve. Thank you so much in advance!

The Siren’s Call

The purple and pink sunset dominated the Cape Town skyline like a peaceful sentinel watching over its apathetic patrons. It was the time of year when the night whistled with promise and love for some people, but not everyone could partake in this fortune. A lone young man named Alistair Waldorf walked on the soft, white sands of Camps Bay. He was dressed in nothing but a simple burnt orange and pale purple swimsuit, and a pair of cheap white sunglasses. His chest was barred and the reflection of the water glinted off of his sun kissed skin. Alistair’s honey colored hair was knotted by hours of salt and water. The gentle tide lapped at his feet as he made soft indentions in the newly wet sand. As he continued along on his course, a soft sound from the ocean called to him. It was like a pleasant hum or a simple high key on a piano calling from the gentle sound of the waves.

The man directed his curious hazel eyes on the source of the sound. That was when she saw her standing in the light shallows of the sea. She wore a simple dress made of deep blue silk. It was almost like it was woven from the very deepest part of the seas where the light barley breached the icy waters. The dress had a slit in it that ran all the way from her ankle to middle section of her thigh. Her ebony hair cascaded down in a delicate braid all the way to the small of her back. It swung gently with the rhythm of the ocean waves. Small pearls adorned her hair as well as her neck and ears.  Her skin was ghostly white and without a single blemish. She raised her hand up towards the sky as she began her hallowed song.

I’ll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue
And it’s hey to the starboard, heave ho
Look out, lad, a siren be waiting for you
In mysterious fathoms below
Mysterious fathoms below

Her lips formed a tight smirk before she shimmered as if she was nothing more than a dessert mirage. In a single moment, she was gone and in her place, the ocean remained unchanged. Alistair shook his head to clear the fog that made him feel sleepy and lost. He felt like a derelict set about in a lonely, foggy sea with no light or instrument to guide him. Ever muscle in his body screamed at him to follow her to see the mysterious fathoms she promised him in her beautiful ode.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Re: The Siren's Call

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Ooh, this shows a lot of promise! Very Happy It's a bit haunting -- definitely in a good way -- and I'm absolutely in love with the imagery at the very beginning. If you want constructive feedback, then I'd suggest icalicizing the lyrics, or putting them in quotations, or both. Perhaps put in a little more substance and lengthen it a little, of you feel that would work best for your piece. Overall, really impressive! Very Happy

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich
Currently Watching: The Umbrella Academy
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Thank you so much, Writing! Here is the rest of what I have so far!

A small jingling finally broke him out of his stupor. It was coming from the back pocket of his swimsuit. He reached his right hand into the nylon pocket before producing a small vibrating device. His eyes took a moment to focus in on the brightly lit screen. The message read: Where are you? You were supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. A small picture of a slender faced girl with strawberry blonde hair accompanied the message. Upon seeing the message, Alistair hastily threw the phone back into his pocket and sprinted towards the road, his feet kicking up pristine sand as he ran. His tongue spit noxious curses as he ran towards the waiting canary yellow Jeep. The mysterious woman and her haunting ballad were far from his mind as his feet pounded against the baking asphalt of the parking lot.

I can’t be late meeting them again! Where did they say we were meeting? Come on, Alistair!

The door made a loud boom as he jumped into the black leather seat. The car came to life with a short grunt of exertion from the engine as he peeled out of the Camps Bay parking lot. Alistair was a young man of about 22 visiting from America on summer break from Columbia University. His rather wealthy parents were funding his little South African exploits, and he was all too happy to make the most out of their hard earned money. Alistair with his girlfriend Margret and another couple by the names of Conrad and Emma were all staying at a beach house a few miles down the bay. As he drove along, the city streets grew ever darker in the diminishing sun. Outdoor café workers began setting up for the dinner crowd as the streetlamp’s gentle light slowly winked into existence. People flooded the streets and the sidewalks as Alistair drove along, the wind tearing through his hair and chilling his body. Families admired innocent baubles in the windows of shops while young lovers strolled along, lost in thought of only one another. He turned into the parking lot of a nearby beach shack called The Lekker Babelaas where Margret’s white Jeep already sat waiting by the front entrance. It was nothing more than an open wooden structure with a thatched roof sitting on a lonely curve in the beach. Twinkling lights were wrapped around the various palm trees that surrounded the shack and it’s neighboring volleyball court. The usual clientele looked towards Alistair as he made his entrance. It was mostly fit twenty year olds looking for a fun, carefree night, or lethargic forty year olds trying to pretend like they too were fit and twenty.

Margret stood up from a table where she was sharing a basket of what looked like Koeksister with Conrad and Emma. She was dressed in a blue lace top with a little white anchor pattern along the hem and a pair of white shorts. Her hair was tied back into a simple ponytail, yet she was still striking. As Margret went to smile at Alistair, her light blue eyes crinkled along with her.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Beautiful imagery, I can actually see what you're trying to get across.

If  there's anything I would have to say is that I would love to get into Alistair's head more because it adds to depth and emotion in characters.

You're writing styles pleasant and I will be looking forward to the next post!

Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down