Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Anaphora Fan Thread!

Page 4 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anaphora Fan Thread!

Post by NightOwl on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Thank you!! :]

It took me a while to figure out the coding for this site since it's so different from anything I've ever seen, so I made a guide under the spoiler to help you and anyone else who needs it. But, I am still learning it myself and there are some things I don't know how to do just yet.

Coding stuff:
First thing that's helpful is the Text Formatting Rules which explains how it all works.  Make sure to check that out because it's where I got all this info from. Since it's long and you might not want to read through all of that, even though looking it over would be a good thing to do, here's a list of some of the codes I used.:

To create a line, just use 4 or more dashes. ----

Header/Titles:
To create a Header (or title), place a exclamation mark (!) at the left margin. Then just put the text you want as the title next to it. There are three different header sizes and the header text gets smaller with each level up. ! = Level 1 header. !! = Level 2. !!! = Level 3.

Code:
!Header text here
!!Header text here
!!!Header text here

The header I used on the AR tropes page is a level 1 header.

Quotes:
The Quote coding is a bit difficult and there are a number of different types of codings to use for different types of quote formats, but the one I used for the top of the page is the Page Quote.

Code:
->''"Text Here"''

If you want to add a line where it says who said the quote:
Code:
->''"Text Here"''
-->-- '''Alice'''

Bullet Lists:
Bullet lists are made by placing asterisks (*) at the left margin. More asterisks increases the level of bullet. Like headers, it's limited to 3 levels. Of course the bullet's are going to look a little different on the tropes site than on CC, but you get the idea.

Code:
*First Level
**Second Level
***Third Level
***Third Level again
**Second Level
*First Level

• First Level

• Second Level

• Third Level
      • Third Level again
    • Second Level
  • First Level

Folders:
Folders are basically the tvtropes version of spoilers, so if you understand how spoilers work, folders are self explanatory.
Code:
[[folder:Title Or Description]]
Text to hide.
* List
* To
* Hide
[[/folder]]

Adding tropes:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Anaphora

There are two places where character tropes will be placed. One is for AR and the other is for the Government Members. Each character will have their own folder to have their tropes placed. Also, the tvtropes site only allows a person 20 minutes to edit a page, so it would be wise to have the tropes, coding and all, set up in a document then copy and pasted inside the correct folder just in case.

Now for some more coding stuff. Yay.

Curly braces {{ }} will convert just about any word or phrase (excluding punctuation marks) into an article link by the same name. You can add a space between the words, if there are more than one in the braces. So {{Secret War}} will link to the SecretWar page.

Please list your tropes in a bullets list.

Here is an example of how it should look in editing:

Code:
* {{Secret War}}: The war between the Governments and Anaphora's Redemption is kept hidden from public knowledge.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you so much Athena! You're amazing!!
Forum Rules.. • • ..Anaphora: Entropy.. • • ..Anaphora Wiki
Spoiler:
NightOwl
Moderator/Coder
Moderator/Coder

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Thank you so much for this, Tara! It's very helpful! I'll be sure to get working on this as quick as possible.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Wow, the tropes page looks amazing! Great job, Tara!

I'll put together more Anaphoran things when I get the time, but now is not that time.

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:12 pm

I finally -- finally -- finished the tropes for Luke! I'll also post them on the official tropes page soon.

Spoiler:
Adorkable: Given that he’s kind, introverted, and cheerful, he may come off as this sometimes.

Afraid of Blood: No thanks to the wound he gave Therese years back. Now he has to keep himself from passing out whenever he sees it.

The Atoner: A major part of his character involves deep regret for some of his past actions. It is partly because of this that he joins the Redemption, in hopes of bringing about enough good to make up for the misery he inflicted upon others. Unfortunately, he feels like he’ll never completely redeem himself, even though it’s safe to say he already has.

Badass: He's an incredibly talented fighter.

--Badass Longcoat: Wears a white longcoat that goes down to his ankles.

Beware the Nice Ones: Luke’s very generous and affable. He’s also very capable of taking you down, hard.

Became Their Own Antithesis: A positive example. A major part of his character development is that he goes from a vicious, cruel noble incapable of uttering a kind word into a benevolent, peaceful, and truly caring man who consistently strives to do good.

Beneath the Mask: Upon first sight, Luke is a kind, easygoing, and loyal guy. And he really is. But you can’t simply be raised in a family fueled by cruelty and come out unscathed, no matter how nice you are. If the right buttons are pushed enough, a far darker and crueler side of him may emerge.

Big-Brother Instinct: He has this toward Jezebel. Whether or not he has this toward Leyland or even Therese (now that she stabbed him) is debatable.

Big Screwed-Up Family: He’s part of the Zeidan family, who are basically the poster example of this trope (considering over half of the family are sociopaths and anyone who isn't eventually goes on the run).

Break the Haughty: He suffered from this big time after his father called for his execution and being forced to flee the country.

Cain and Abel: Leyland and Therese are the Cain to Luke and eventually Jezebel’s Abel. Leyland and Therese are cruel and kill others without a second thought while Luke and Jezebel are far more altruistic and show remorse for harm they have caused.

Character Development: Very much so, both in the RPG and in the storyline. Initially he was a very haughty son of Vandor who was needlessly cruel to everyone he met before learning that Vandor called for his execution because he didn’t possess the Cruelty abilities. He realizes just how much pain he’s caused others when he nearly accidentally kills his sister, and the event unlocks his Compassion Trait. He learns to become much kinder in his time in Cruore and eventually becomes generous. It’s also there while he’s with the Redemption -- initially he’s very optimistic and sees nothing but the best in others, but has slowly been starting to progress into a more realistic and wiser individual.

Combat Medic: Proficient both in battle and in healing.

Create Your Own Villain: And how with Therese. He was rude to a lot of people, but he would bully Therese to the point of physically assaulting her sometimes. Her ultimate response to this? Become a completely ax-crazy sadist, of course. Luke regrets this immensely, and blames himself for her descent into villainy.

Determinator: If he goes down, he goes down fighting.

Fatal Flaw: His tendency to see the good in others. You’d think this would be a good thing, but it’s warranted reckless behavior, put himself and others in compromising situations, and nearly got himself killed because of it. It’s even lampshaded by Therese:

“You’re entirely too kind, brother. It’s your weakness.”

The Fettered: Has a high sense of morality and isn’t afraid to abide by it.

Good Is Not Soft: Luke is very friendly, but don’t think this means he won’t do what needs to be done in the name of creating a better world.

Heroic Self-Depreciation: It’s very easy for him to slip into this, given that he’s critical of himself and couldn’t forgive himself if his life depended on it.

Healing Hands: His ability as a Compassion Bearer.

In the Blood: At first this trope seems like it’s being played straight, as he used to be just as cruel as any other person in the leading Acritudo family. But in the end, it’s subverted like no tomorrow.

Ironic Fear: He’s one of two medics in Anaphora’s Redemption, yet he freaks out at the sight of blood. It’ll often render him unable to heal the wound in question if he doesn’t quickly look away and concentrate on something else.

Jerk With a Heart of Jerk: Was this when he was younger. He got better.

Martial Pacifist: As a Compassion Bearer, he’s a little nonconfrontational and would prefer not to solve conflict via violence. That doesn’t mean he’s above it, though.

Meaningful Name: ‘Lucian’ and ‘Luke’ both mean ‘light’.

Meaningful Rename: Shortens his name from Lucian, a formal and almost snakelike-sounding name, to Luke, a much simpler variation, to cement his character development.

Nice Guy: One of the nicest in the Redemption.

Riches to Rags: Goes from living the life of royalty to an outcast on the run, and it happens overnight.

Simple Staff: He uses a wooden staff named Elpis. Justified both in that it’s a nonlethal weapon and that it’s strictly made out of wood so he can go toe-to-toe against his family without the risk of them controlling his weapon.

That Man is Dead: He doesn't always voice his displeasure, but he really hates it when people call him Lucian. To him, Lucian was a cruel noble while Luke is a far better person.

Thou Shalt Not Kill: Luke has forbidden himself from ever taking another life. So far, he’s made good on that.

Took a Level in Kindness: A major part of his character development is due to this. He saw just how wrong his actions were when he saw just how screwed-up it caused Therese to be, and became incredibly remorseful. He was in a brief state of depression upon his arrival in Cruore, but eventually pulled himself out of this with help from his mentor, Quintus Randall. Throughout his years living in peaceful solitude with him, he became the gentle and enlightened being others know and love.

Undying Loyalty: To Anaphora’s Redemption.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Added Aila's tropes! There's not very many... but eh. xD

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 am

I loved both the tropes, Writing and Athena! Very Happy

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Athena, those were awesome. Very Happy A lot of the fire-related and red-hair-related tropes were so Aila and I loved it.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Glad you liked them Very Happy

Hey, look! I finally made another Anaphoran lesson!

*crickets*

Anyways, this more on nouns. The first lesson post can be found here.

Spoiler:
Now that you’ve learned the first declension, we can move on to the second! Don’t worry, there’s only five.

*coughs awkwardly*

Anyways, I will also introduce some new words, a few practice sentences, and word gender.

Let’s start with gender. There are three of these: masculine, feminine, and neuter.

The first declension is almost always feminine.

The second declension can either by masculine or neuter; there are a few different forms for a neuter second declension word.

The third declension is a mess.

The fourth declension is usually masculine.

And the fifth is back to feminine!

Not too bad, right? Keep in mind there are some exceptions to this, the most common and obvious being if you’re referring to a masculine or feminine thing. If we decided to translate Luke’s name, for example, into the fifth declension (Lukes, Lukei) he would still be masculine.

Gender won’t be too significant until you bring adjectives into the picture, but it’s good to be aware!

And now we delve into the wonderful world of the second declension. Before we begin, however, we need a second declension noun to work with. So here we go:

Brevtus, brevti (Here is the dictionary form for the word. You get the Nominative and Genitive singular. You can use the Genitive to find the stem for declining by removing the ending)
2nd declension (duh) m. (masculine, so not an exception) noun (again, pretty duh)

Weapon
Pl. Weapons or arms (you can translate this word into either when it’s plural and be correct)

Explanation for the formatting in parentheses c:

So now that we have that, I can give you the endings!

SingularPlural
Nominative-us-i
Genitive-i-orum
Dative-o-is
Accusative-um-os
Ablative-o-is

That’s not too bad. You should be able to understand what’s going on here. And now I will decline the word for you.

SingularPlural
Nominativebrevtus (the weapon)brevti (the weapons)
Genitivebrevti (of the weapon)brevtorum (of the weapons)
Dativebrevto (to or for the weapon)brevtis (to or for the weapons)
Accusativebrevtum (the weapon)brevtos (the weapons)
Ablativebrevto (by/with/from the weapon)brevtis (by/with/from the weapons)

Hooray! Another declension down!

...not quite.

The second declension also has a neuter form, for neuter nouns. Here they are:

SingularPlural
Nominative-um-a
Genitive-i-orum
Dative-o-is
Accusative-um-a
Ablative-o-is

Yea, it’s pretty similar. These are the endings you’ll use for a neuter word.

So yay! Now we’re done with that! Now you get words!

Aitra, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Trait

Alyna, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Sun

Ar
State of being verb

He/she/it is.

Asr
State of being verb

They are.

Azaret
Transitive verb

He/she/it loves an object; he/she/it loves something besides a human

Bectum, -i
2nd declension n. noun

Victory

Cansoret
Intr. verb

He/she/it rises

Denesit
Transitive verb

He/she/it feels; experiences

Golsa, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Rock

Laesta, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Girl

Lya, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Water

Miasa, -ae
1st declension f. noun

Bearer

Miasa Aitrae, Miasae Aitrae
1st declension f. noun

Trait Bearer (literally, Bearer of Trait)

Syxanet
Intransitive verb

He/she/it runs away

I think that is plenty. Now let’s see what madness I can make with them.

Alyna cansoret.

Miasa Aitrae syxanet.

Laesta golsam azaret.

Miasa lyam denesit.

Aila Miasa Aitrae ar.*

Cansorent.

Brevtus cansoret.

*This one is actually using a more advanced concept. If anyone can spot what it is and/or tell me why, you will get, like, a jar of virtual cookies.

Hope that was at least enjoyable! If you want help with translating or want me to check your answers, just ask c:

lyssy you better love me because i did most of this coding on a tablet have you ever tried it well it's hard

Last edited by Athena Lionheart on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : conjugating is for verbs gosh athena you noob omg grammar cries because of you)

Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm

i love you ATHENA thanks for making this because I'm actually interested in this stuffles

But yea, thanks for taking the time to make this!

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:44 pm

I love these lessons! They're really interesting, and insightful, as I may start learning Latin next year in school.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top