Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 2:00 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Anaphora Fan Thread!

Page 2 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anaphora Fan Thread!

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 am

Oh my gosh, Lyss. xD

And Tara, that's awesome! That really did provide a lot more insight into her character.

Plus I'm also really happy others know about TV Tropes. xD Do we maybe want to create a page for Anaphora? It seems like we have enough people acquainted with the site to do so.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 am

Tara, those tropes are amazing Very Happy I really did show more into your character.

Also, a page on what? Surprised I'm intrigued already by the idea.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:29 pm

On Anaphora. Very Happy Like how there are trope pages for several franchises and stuff. I've seen pages based on forum roleplays before, so it's certainly possible. I'm mainly thinking a main page (that you know, basically has story-based tropes listed and stuff) and a character page, where each of our characters would have a section. Very Happy Again, these are the main two I'm hoping we can do, but we can also do other pages, like one for quotes and one for awesome moments and other things.

For those of you not as familiar with TV Tropes, here's an example of a page to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, because I'm not sure if I explained myself clearly.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/HarryPotter

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:51 pm

OOOH!!! Yes I would be willing to help make it!! we should see what Athena thinks too Very Happy

Edit: I decided to just put in her [Charity] lyric description. I will choose another song later in the plot.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Sounds like a great idea! I'm all for it!

Those tropes were wondrous, Tara! And Charity's theme breakdown was awesome! Very Happy

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Lyss, the lyrics were awesome! Very Happy It definitely represents Charity very well.

So I started the TV Tropes page for Anaphora. Any help would be appreciated, because I don't really know much about making a tropes page and I'm still kinda trying to figure it out. ^.^'

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/Anaphora

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks, Esmee and Writing Very Happy

I'll try to help as much as possible xD But it'll be a learning experience for me too

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:38 pm

What Aila would look like as not an anime girl! The quality makes the blue look black... -shrug-

And it's about time I put this on the site, soooo enjoy! http://oi57.tinypic.com/i3hp2f.jpg

EDIT: The song it was inspired by:

Last edited by Athena Lionheart on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

⌠ Anaphora Fan Thread ⌡ × ⌠ Anaphora: Entropy ⌡ × ⌠ My Shop ⌡ × ⌠ Forum Rules ⌡ × ⌠ versen ver ♥ ⌡
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:41 pm

You already know how much I love the desktop background Very Happy but I will say it again--it's amazing!

I also need to find a human Charity xD Aila looks very pretty.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:57 pm

You already know Anaphora has their own calendar and cultures. What you didn’t know was the language. Yea, that’s right. The language. Anaphora has one universally spoken language, though there are naturally a few dialects and such.

Many of the names in Anaphora are based off of Latin, as I’m sure some of our little masterminds have noticed. So is the language. Now, that’s fine… if you know Latin. Which I have a pretty good feeling a lot of you don’t. I promise you, it might sound hard, but when creating your own language you get to insert all the cheat codes, like removing pesky exceptions and removing the different conjugations for verbs. Simply because I don’t freaking like them. I mean… to enhance the language’s simplicity and beauty. Yea, that’s it.

Anywho! Let’s start easy, shall we? Here’s what you have to know about nouns.

Woo:
In order to know what a noun is doing in a sentence, you look at its ending. Latin doesn’t rely on word order to show you this. It’s a bit to wrap your mind around. To keep this simple, I’ll use Aila’s name as the example rather than some new word you’ve never seen before. Since her name ends with an -a, we’ll put her in the 1st declension.

Singular      Plural    
Nominative
Genitive
Dative
Accusative
Ablative

OKAY, HOLD ON. I can practically feel the amount of people giving up already. I promise, it’s not that bad. I’ll go step by step.

The Nominative is the case of the subject of the sentence. It usually stands first, but not always. It can be translated with ‘the’ if it makes sense.

The Genitive is the case of possession. For example, ‘Aila’s sword; The sword of Aila’. The entire bolded is communicated, and it is translated with either of the underlined to make more sense in English.

The Dative is the case of the indirect object. For example, ‘Aila throws the sword for Charity; Aila throws the sword to Charity’. Charity isn’t being thrown, she is the one being thrown at. The entire bolded is understood, but in translating we add our little English words to compensate.

The Accusative is the case of the direct object. For example, ‘Aila throws the sword’. The sword is receiving the action, therefore it is the direct object. ‘The’ can be added to improve the translation.

The Ablative is the case of the object of the preposition. For example, ‘Aila sits by the river’. By the river is not receiving the action, nor is it the indirect object. By the river is a dependent clause.

Singular      Plural    
Nominative [subject; the]
Genitive [possessive; ‘s or of]
Dative [indirect object; to or for]
Accusative [direct object; the]
Ablative [OOP; by, with, from]

Keeping up? Good job! Now we get to the declining. Hold onto your hats.

First Declension Noun Endings

Singular      Plural    
Nominative [subject; the]-a-ae
Genitive [possessive; ‘s or of]-ae-arum
Dative [indirect object; to or for]-ae-is
Accusative [direct object; the]-am-as
Ablative [OOP; by, with, from]-a-is

Isn’t that just a bucket of chuckles and laughs. Now, here’s how we would decline ‘Aila’.

Singular      Plural    
Nominative [subject; the]AilaAilae
Genitive [possessive; ‘s or of]AilaeAilarum
Dative [indirect object; to or for]AilaeAilis
Accusative [direct object; the]AilamAilas
Ablative [OOP; by, with, from]AilaAilis

Now, of course, the plural of Aila doesn’t really make much sense. Here are the translations.

Singular      Plural    
Nominative [subject; the]Aila [Aila]Ailae [Ailas]
Genitive [possessive; ‘s or of]Ailae [of Aila]Ailarum [of the Ailas]
Dative [indirect object; to or for]Ailae [to or for Aila]Ailis [to or for the Ailas]
Accusative [direct object; the]Ailam [Aila]Ailas [the Ailas]
Ablative [OOP; by, with, from]Aila [by, with, or from Aila]Ailis [by, with, or from the Ailas]

Congrats! You are now equipped enough for a basic sentence. I won’t get into verbs today. That’s a whole other mess. For now, I will give you the bare minimum needed to use them.

Here is our verb:

Puniat, puniant

This is the present, third person form of the verb punio, which means fight. The first form means he/she/it fights, and the second form means they fight. Formatted for your convenience. The pronouns are only substituted when there is no subject to do the action; Otherwise, a Nominative noun with the same number (singular or plural) will be substituted for the pronouns. Verbs nearly always stand last in the sentence.

Now it’s time for your first sentence. We’ll use Aila as the subject, and fight will be the action she’s taking. Which wouldn’t be unusual at all. Our sentence would look like this.

Aila puniat.

Now, that may seem unimpressive for all this work, but if you made it all this way you’ve got a bit of knowledge of not only Anaphoran, but actual Latin. Take a bow, my friends! As an added challenge, here’s a sentence for you to try your hand at using what I’ve taught you thus far. Warning- it might throw you off a bit!

Ailam puniant.

Thanks for actually reading this insanity, if you got this far! I hope it was at least interesting and not total Athena-goes-off-rambling-fest. If this interests people, me and Lyssy will do more vocabulary words on a regular basis and lessons when wanted.

As a disclaimer, Anaphoran does deviate from classical Latin in several places, and I might not always think to warn you. The main thing I've changed is the words. But it has all the same basic concepts and structure. So while you won’t necessarily be reading Caesar’s works, you will have a leg up if you ever learn it in the future. Also, I'm not above messing up, so if any of you spot something that looks wrong, yell at me c:

Lesson 2 - The Second Declension

Last edited by Athena Lionheart on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top