FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Today at 2:21 pm by Comrade Squid

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am by boyhoy

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am by boyhoy

» Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am by Adrian

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 pm by Fix-It

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 pm by Adrian

» Dylan's Ultimate Guide to his Asphodel Characters
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:14 am by Captain Whitehawk

March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

He's A Player: Desperation (Short Story)

Go down

He's A Player: Desperation (Short Story)

Post by Wishie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 pm

(I was procrastinating homework when I wrote this one-shot a couple days ago. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.)

I only knew him because of Rochelle. It was Rochelle that dated him first, it was Rochelle that broke up with him because he was 'too clingy,' it was Rochelle who had given me his number, and it was Rochelle that had urged me to date him.

But it had been me who had made my mistake. It was me who told Rochelle to ask him out, it was me who privately thought that Rochelle was stupid for breaking up with him, it was me who asked for his number in the first place, and it was me who told Rochelle that I had a crush on her ex-boyfriend.

He was a football player. He was sweet, charming, tall, strong, and handsome as all hell. Everyone he knew warned me that he was a player, and I dove headfirst without checking to see if he would catch me.

We officially met at Anna's, the diner on the corner of Main Street, where all the quote-on-quote "cool kids" hung out. It was our only meeting place, the place where he had met Rochelle, and the place where a bunch of my friendships had been formed.

Later that night, Rochelle asked him out for the second time, with some urging from me, and he turned her down. I texted him after the night was over, asking him why.

"Call me a player," he texted back, "But I have crushes on several other girls right now."

"You're not a player," I informed him. "That just makes you human." He didn't reply. The next time I saw him, he smiled at me, a crooked, flirty smile.

The smile that had made tons of girls before me fall, head over heels, even if I didn't know it yet.

I followed him on all his social networks, he friended me on Facebook and texted me every night. Slowly, but surely, I fell, a heavy crush. It wasn't love, but it was the kind of infatuation that makes you believe that life is worth living. We shared our secrets. He told me about his relationship with his family. I told him about mine. He texted me three times a day. I texted him more.

Eventually, I scraped together the courage to tell him how I felt. Over a phone call.

"Hey," he answered. "What's up?"

"You're hot," I blurted out, feeling my cheeks warm instantly. He chuckled, a deep, sexy sound that had me swooning even over the crappy cell phone service.

After that, he texted me even more. After every football game, when he was bored in class. I happily obliged with these, texting him smiley face emojis during every hello, a heart with every goodbye. I felt as though we were growing closer through text, an inexplicable bond that came out of absolutely nowhere.

As he described it, our feelings were boom, wow.

I was sitting on the bus, going home one day, when he texted me.

You wanna go out this Saturday?

My mom hated him. She said he was too old for me and I was too young to date, anyway. It was humiliating, especially when I asked her.

She said no, and I had to tell him.

So I broke it to him, gently, that I couldn't go out with him. Possibly not ever. I don't know what his reaction was, but eventually he came over depressed and sullen. He said something about how this happened with all the girls he liked before disappearing on me, despite my best attempts to try and contact him.

It hadn't even been a day when Rochelle called me.

"How are things between you and him?" she asked, sounding confused and sad and stressed all at once.

"Uhm, I told him we couldn't go out and he didn't text me for much longer after that," I said, even more confused then she. "He hasn't texted me since. Why, did something happen to him?"

"I don't know how to break this to you," Rochelle struggled to find words. "Katie's texting him now. They've been texting for four hours straight. Apparently he likes her."

I blinked. I lost the ability to form words, I lost the ability to form even a coherent thought.

"As in, our friend Katie?" I stuttered, still feeling as though my world had been yanked out from under my feet.

Rochelle was silent. I knew the answer. I hung up without even thinking about it, without a goodbye. I kept thinking about the hearts he'd sent back, the 'I really like you's and promises to see each other again.

Tbh, I can't wait to see you, he'd texted one night.

I looked down at my phone, at the heart next to his contact. I scrolled upwards through the texts, where he had told me I made him happy, where he called me cute, where we'd shared music tastes and arranged friendly outings eagerly.

All these weeks and texts and calls, and he'd replaced me without a second thought.

"Call me a player, but..."

In that moment, I understood. They'd called him a player. They were right. He'd replaced me, as easily as anything.

And later that night, when he texted Katie for the fifth time, adding a heart and a smiley face to the end of his text...

Would he think of me?

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: He's A Player: Desperation (Short Story)

Post by Cana on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Love it! Awesome work.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Nice! Very well-written!

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:53 pm

This was really good, Wishie!

Do you even have a clue?
Do you even have one?

All the evil things we do,
Surprising that you don't run.

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Awesome store!

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down