FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Yesterday at 8:44 pm by Comrade Squid

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Red Velvet

Go down

Red Velvet

Post by Kane on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:02 pm

This is the first page of my short story for creative writing. Can you guys tell me what you think?

Red Velvet

Tick. Tock. The massive hands of Big Ben could be heard inside the icy gear room behind the glass face of the clock. All around gears clicked and clanked in a chaotic symphony that made the hands of the clock move ever forward. In the center of the gears stood a man. The man looked to be nothing special or extraordinary. He was an average height of 5’8” with a mousey mop of dull brown hair. His clothes were the average, cheap tweed of the time. Underneath his plain façade, his brain worked like the gears of the clock. He was always processing and digesting everything. This trait was what had earned him a place as junior inspector of Scotland Yard just a year earlier in 1909.

A body lay mangled and lacerated at his feet. It appeared the body had been thrown into the gears of the clock. This was the third person to die by this horrific way in the last week and a half.

“The file, Oliver,” The man says in a voice that was commanding yet gentle.

A small boy steps forward from the shadow of the gears. The boy couldn’t have been more than nineteen. He had neatly trimmed hair the color of wheat, and he wore a clean-cut dove grey suit. Oliver was serving an internship for one of his classes at the university.

“Here you are Sir Gordon,” Oliver says as his teeth chatter slightly in the cold of the room.

He was tolerably enough to the older man who now held a neat sheet of notes in his hand. The man had been identified as Arthur Cevasco. The file indicated he was an Italian immigrant who was employed by Lord and Lady Mae as a kitchen porter. He didn’t leave behind a wife or any children. It was always the same. The victims never had any family connections, and they all seemed to work for Lady and Lord Mae. Gordon suddenly looked up from his file and sniffed the air.

“Do you smell that Oliver?” Gordon asks in an inquisitive tone as his nose combes that air.

“Do you mean the smell of blood, Sir?”

“No. It’s something more delicate. Smell again.”

“I smell…”The boy pauses in concentration before he speaks up again “lilac and cherry blossoms? Why would I smell that sir? It’s the dead middle of winter and there aren’t any gardens around the tower anyway.”

“Aye very good Oliver. It’s a popular new smell favored by the upper class of the city. I can only think of one place that sells it. Selfridges on Oxford street advertised it just last week.”

Last edited by ~The True Dust~ on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Velvet

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:14 pm

You have an interesting premise going on, and I LOVE the very beginning! I anticipate the next chapter.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
Currently Watching: Miraculous Ladybug
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Sounds interesting!

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishie on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:25 pm

That's very intriguing. Being thrown into the clock sounds painful, to say the least.

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down