Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Backwards RPGs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Backwards RPGs

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:10 pm

I've been playing around with the notion of breaking RPG tradition lately, and, in my wonderings, I came across the idea of an RPG that goes backwards in time. Yeah, I know, but stay with me for a minute.

Basically, these RPGs would be given a backstory and then a conclusion in the OP to introduce what the characters are capable of in that world and also where they need to end up (loosely, I'll add, because RPGs tend to deviate from each other).

Then, the RPG would begin with someone (generally the OP), posting what would be the final post of the RPG. Other RPers could chime in with their posts, and then the RPG would begin, starting the day before it ended (or the day of or whatever, I dunno. Days just seem easier). The RPG would then go backwards by days, with each day playing forward.

This means that, for the first day of the RPG, which would theoretically be the day before the finale, roleplaying would start in the morning as usual and go to nighttime (or whatever the RPG demands, I dunno).

It would be kind of interesting to get used to, but I think it would open up new doors for character development and the like. For instance, these types of RPGs wouldn't be focused around completing the goal, they would be about the journey. Different aspects of characters could manifest as the days progress (or regress, I suppose).

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. This isn't me saying that this is the only kind of RPG that I'd be making in the future, but before I experiment with one, it would be cool to hear your input.
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Backwards RPGs

Post by Wishie on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 pm

That sounds very interesting, and maybe hard to complete in theory, but I'm assuming that this would be a small group RPG.

It does sound like something I'd maybe take part in, and even if I don't, intriguing to read through.

Excellent Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:22 pm

I think it could be interesting if it was made correctly. Would there be any genre for the RPG (fantasy, futuristic, fighting) or would it just be based on reality?

(That alliteration tho)

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:30 pm

WishingWisteria wrote:That sounds very interesting, and maybe hard to complete in theory, but I'm assuming that this would be a small group RPG.

It does sound like something I'd maybe take part in, and even if I don't, intriguing to read through.

You have a point. This would work best as an SGRPG.

I'd be interested in it too. It does depend on the genre of RPG, like Ace said.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:38 pm

This confused me. Can someone try to explain?
I understand we start off the near end of the rpg but does that mean we go back to the beginning and move forward towards the end again?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:40 pm

It's an interesting idea, I'm interested
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 pm

@Bat wrote:This confused me. Can someone try to explain?
I understand we start off the near end of the rpg but does that mean we go back to the beginning and move forward towards the end again?

No, the RPG moves backwards, one day at a time. Thus, the ending of a day is where the following day will begin. Think of it this way: At the end of a completed anti-RPG, you would be able to read the story fully if you started at the end and worked your way backwards.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the bit about it most likely working best in a SGRPG setting.

As for genre, for the first, I'd had some kind of medieval something in mind for it just because they tend to not be to limiting, so we can all discover this type of RP together.
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:46 pm

I want in. This sounds like a great challenge that I would love to participate in.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Sounds pretty cool Smile Not sure if I'd actually join or not. I'd probably leave room for the ones who really, really want to do it.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

@Hero of Time wrote:
@Bat wrote:This confused me. Can someone try to explain?

No, the RPG moves backwards, one day at a time. Thus, the ending of a day is where the following day will begin. Think of it this way: At the end of a completed anti-RPG, you would be able to read the story fully if you started at the end and worked your way backwards.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the bit about it most likely working best in a SGRPG setting.

As for genre, for the first, I'd had some kind of medieval something in mind for it just because they tend to not be to limiting, so we can all discover this type of RP together.

Devil's Advocate: "Couldn't you do that with normal RPGs though?"
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top