FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Brave EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Brave EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Brave EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Brave EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Brave EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Brave EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Brave EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Brave EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Brave EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Brave

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Brave Empty The Brave

Post by Sal on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:52 pm

The Brave The_br11
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Chapter 1 | Adalia

The taste of metal formed in my mouth as I bit on my cheek in anticipation for the Choosing Ceremony to begin. Today would finally be the day when I left behind my home faction full of song singing hippies and moved on to another that suited me better. A faction that wasn’t full of cowards and lived their life to the fullest with bravery. A faction I admired so much since I could remember.

Dauntless.

That one faction had been on my mind for days, years to be exact. Just thinking I was so close to finally receiving my dream made me want to burst into a firework of joy. Yet, doing that would just reveal how sappy I really was inside, I needed to show I was ready to face the life of a Dauntless. Even if I hadn’t chosen the faction yet.

Yet.

I still had time to decide what I really wanted choose as my faction. Despite telling myself I would choose Dauntless when my name was called, it might have been better if I stayed in Amity living off my drug, or Peace Serum as the Amity called it. Plus, getting into Amity wouldn’t be hard to get back into and was less of a hassle. From what I know and heard the Dauntless initiation only allowed so many people to join no matter how many people picked the faction, that would mean getting my hands dirty and most likely having to fight my way into the faction.

Why would anyone wanna do that?

I shook my head stiffly.

Note to self; stay away from the damn bread before Choosing Day. It made you think like a pansy.

After scolding myself mentally for thinking that way I looked around the room that was being filled with a sea of different factions that you could easily point out by their colors; dull grays for Abnegation, crisp black and white for Candor, blues for the Erudite, black for the Dauntless, and obnoxious bright yellow and reds of Amity that I was forced to wear.

Mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers piled in the back while the ones fated to choose our new path sat in the front. Everyone around me chattered and giggled to one another about what they were going to choose or who they thought would choose what. Except for me. I had no one—I didn’t have friends or even a family here today. I already knew I would end up here like this. Alone. Yet, feeling like I was the only one in the room made me feel more nervous than I should have been.

I turned my direction to the right where an Abnegation boy was sitting at the end of his row, roughly a foot and a half away from me. He had blonde hair but I couldn’t make out his eye color because of the way his head was turned. But I could tell he was smiling down the row at someone else, probably at his friends.

"Hey, Goldilocks, why such the happy face?" I raised my eyebrow and tried to keep a serious tone. Even if I didn’t know him I needed someone to break the thick ice with.

Last edited by Lyssy-chan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Brave Empty Re: The Brave

Post by boyhoy on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Awesome job, Alyssa!! I love it Very Happy

My chapter will be up tomorrow!

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks ^-^

The Brave YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm

I love it too! Can't wait for more

Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks, Mythie! c:

The Brave YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Chapter 2 ~ Duncan

Begrudgingly, I opened my eyes and let out a drowsy yawn, attempting to rub the sleep from my eyes as I do so. From downstairs I only heard the sound of cookware clanging together as my “parents” prepared breakfast. No voices could be heard which wasn’t surprising. I was a member of Abnegation, the faction of the selfless. Talking during meals was frowned upon and asking questions unheard of. I was actually surprised they didn’t wake me up sooner; usually we all helped prepare every meal because, ya know, that was the selfless thing to do. I rolled my eyes at the thought and rose from bed, shuffling down the old, wooden stairs of our quaint house. Wordlessly, I enter the kitchen and pick up glasses and move to get the juice from the fridge. This was the same routine I had performed everyday for almost six years now, the motions engrained in my subconscious. Only today was different. My mother reached out an arm and shook her head, indicating I wasn’t required to help with meal prep today. I nod and take my place at the table, arms crossed in front of me, hands placed in my lap, and head bent downward. The same pose all Abnegation kept. Apparently it was supposed to be unassuming and thus selfless of us. Making eye contact with others or glancing around was highly discouraged, as were most actions or thoughts of curiosity.

Within the next half hour, all the food was laid out in front of me and my parents had joined me at the table. I keep my head bent, silently eating my bland vegetables and waffles. No meat was served since all of Abnegation were vegetarians. I hear my mother clear her throat and risk a glance upwards.

“Are you ready for your big day?” she inquired, a small smile evident on her face only by the slight wrinkles around her mouth and the tiniest pull of her lips upward.

“I- I think so. I’m nervous but I have an idea as to what I’m going to do,” I lied, glancing over at my father’s blank expression. Truth was, I was absolutely clueless as to what faction I would pick and the stupid test yesterday was of no help to me. My parents remained silent for the rest of breakfast and I was grateful. I didn’t need the meaningless conversation to soothe my nerves; I needed time to focus on my decision. After clearing off the plates, I plucked a new gray shirt off the chair and quickly changed. Similar to all Abnegation, my clothes were gray and baggy. They helped us remain unnoticeable and kept us all uniform. I despised the rough, scratchy fabric and its feel against my skin. But it could be worse, I guess. After returning downstairs, my parents and I exit our house and head out of the Abnegation Sector.

I walked alone towards the Hub, my parents behind me. The Hub housed all the governmental jobs and was where the Choosing Ceremony was taking place. Since I was sixteen, I, like all the others, were to choose which faction we would attempt to join during the Choosing Ceremony. My lack of sleep was attributed to this decision and the thoughts that swirled in my head through the night about which I would choose. I replayed what the test proctor told me yesterday, how I achieved results in not one, but three factions. Erudite, Abnegation, and surprisingly, Dauntless. My feet shuffled mindlessly down the street and before I knew it, we were already at the Hub. The three of us traveled with the rest of the Abnegation up the stairs, walking slowly and methodically, one giant mass of people operating under the same brain. We were uniform and this brought me some comfort. I could see myself staying in Abnegation; it would be easy for me to make it through initiation and I would at least have a place to stay. But was I really fit for this lifestyle? Would I be able to fake selflessness even when it wasn’t present? I pushed the thoughts from my mind and climbed the last steps up to the top floor. The doors were thrown open and people from every faction were filling their way into the grand room. Eventually, I was able to take my first look at the place where my future would be decided.

Blue lanterns hung all throughout the massive room of the Hub, casting the room in a glow of illumination. The Abnegation were helping people find seats in their designated faction and were pulling out extra chairs where they were needed. All the other sixteen year-olds stood against the wall and I took my place amongst them. Gazing around the room, I saw everyone talking and laughing as if there wasn’t a care in the world. And for most of them, there wasn’t. I on the other hand, had an immensely difficult decision ahead of me and my body was beginning to tremble with nerves. I glanced towards the center of the room and saw the five bowls with a sharp knife on a pedestal in the center of them. Each bowl represented a different faction. When the time came, I would walk up to the knife, slit my palm, and drop my blood over the bowl representing the faction I would become a part of. Abnegation had a grey stone in their bowl, Candor a piece of glace, Erudite had water, Amity had a mound of earth, and Dauntless was filled with dimly lit coals.

As I waited for the Ceremony to begin, I peered down the line and saw Connor, one of my classmates and my next door neighbor. He seemed just as nervous as I did so I shot him a smile of reassurance, hoping to ease his stress a bit. He was a good kid and as Abnegation as they came so I figured he would choose to remain in his home faction. I let out a small exhale and my mind began to wander. I began to think of what my life was before Abnegation, back in Erudite. I lived in Erudite until I was six years old. It was then that my parents were exiled from the community for some crime I was never told of. My sister, parents, and I were shunned and cast out to live amongst the factionless; a place I called home for four years. When I turned ten, we stumbled into the Abnegation sector and they took me in, refusing entry to my parents since they were criminals. My sister was nowhere to be found. I hardly remembered anything from Erudite except for a few strong memories. I was beginning to lose myself in these fond times when a voice cuts through my mind like the knife that was soon to slit my palm.

“Hey, Goldilocks, why such the happy face?” it asked, the playfully sarcastic tone evident in the voice.

I turned away from Connor and glanced over at the source of the comment, a girl with brown hair and blue eyes dressed in red. Some chick from Amity it would seem. I looked her up and down before sending a smirk her way. “I’m just trying to be a tad bit positive. Unlike you, from the looks of it,” I remarked with an eye roll before turning back to the crowd. “Oh, and the ‘bad girl’ act? It gets old. Fast,” I added.

I could feel her glare piercing into my soul but I refused to turn to face her. I hear her make a noise of contempt before answering me.

“Well excuuusse me for taking this decision more seriously than you are!” she protested, ignoring my comment about her rotten attitude.

“Look, I’m taking this seriously too, okay? I‘m just trying to avoid being negative,” I countered. A long pause ensued before I finally break the ice again. “So, do you know which faction you’re choosing yet?” I inquired as I glanced back over to her.

“Well yeah, obviously!” she replied with yet another roll of her eyes. “You don’t?”

Subconsciously, my hand tapped against my thigh a couple times, a nervous tick you could call it. “No…” I admitted with a sigh of defeat. “My mind is telling me one thing but my heart is telling me another.”

“Well, you better make up your mind, Goldilocks! There‘s only so much time left until you’re called, ya know?” she answered sarcastically.

I turned away and faced the crowd, indicating that our conversation was over. After a long pause, she spoke up again.
“Okay, look. I’m sorry. I get kinda bitchy when I’m nervous,” she admitted, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

A small smile appeared on my face as I turn toward her. “No worries. We’re all super uptight now. It‘s a stressful time for everyone. And my name is not Goldilocks!”

The softest of laughs escaped her and she rolled her eyes again. “Okay, whatever you say Blondie!”

I hear her laugh and it actually brought a small smile to my face. Usually these smiles were forced or brought up just for someone's feelings. But this was a genuine smile. I quickly erased it but still could hear the melodic tone of her laugh in my ears. "Ya know, you’re not so hostile or nasty when you laugh. You're actually bearable to be around. You should try it more." I advised, my voice emotionless and with an added grunt for emphasis.

She slowly stopped laughing and blushed a soft rosy pink, "O-Oh..." her eyes darted down towards her feet, trying to keep herself from blushing more.

Just as I opened my mouth to comment, the head of the government, Milton Waters, rose to the stage and cleared his throat for silence. I shot her one last look before turning my attention to Milton. He began to give a long and boring speech about the history of our city and each of the five factions. How Abnegation valued selflessness, Dauntless valued bravery, Amity stood for peace, Candor represented honesty, and Erudite valued intelligence. I soon began to tune out his dull, monotone voice and before I knew it, the names were being called. I watched as each teen walked up to the stage, slit their palm, and dropped their blood onto their faction of choice. Connor Lee surprisingly transferred to Dauntless, much to the shock of his parents, and everyone else in Abnegation for that matter. My left palm tapped against my thigh again as they approached my name. And then I heard it.

“Duncan Eldridge,” Milton’s voice rang out. That was my queue. I walked down the aisle toward the stage, each step filling me with more and more dread. Each step brought the name of a faction to mind. Abnegation. Dauntless. Erudite. Abnegation. Dauntless. Erudite. Which would I choose? I wondered in my mind as I finally came to a halt in the center of the circle of bowls. I glanced around and saw the stone of Abnegation, the water of Erudite, and the coals of Dauntless.

As I stared at them, my thoughts wandered as I once again contemplated what life would be like in each faction. Abnegation would be the same. I'd live with my parents for a while, eventually move out, who knows from there. Not what I wanted. Erudite fascinated me. I missed my old home immensely and would give anything to go back to that life. But would they accept me? What if I chose Erudite and they just turned me away? Then I'd be factionless. I turned my eyes to the coals of Dauntless. So little was known about what their initiation was, how many recruits were accepted, all the little details I wish I knew. But something about them, the way they jumped on the train, their carefree attitude toward life, their rambunctiousness. All of it captivated me and drew in my attention.

I slowly reached for the knife with my left hand and drew it across my right palm, steel faced. I knew my decision. I would do what was best for me, even if it meant being selfish. Deep down, I was pretty sure I knew what I was going to do from the moment I got my test results. I look down at the blood pooling in my hand and clench it into a fist. I turn to the Abnegation sector, spotting my parents in the crowd. Staring them dead in the eyes, I thrust my hand out, open my palm and grin as I hear the blood drop and sizzle on the lit coals, ending my life as an Abnegation for good. I took a glance at the girl I talked to in line, a smirk on my face, before I went and stood behind the Dauntless, some of whom are clapping and cheering loudly while most gave each other a confused look at the thought of a Stiff joining their ranks. I didn't care what they thought. I made my choice and I was happy with it. I would live like a Dauntless. I would breathe like a Dauntless. I would be a Dauntless, or die trying.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Keep posting you guys, this is awesome!

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:18 am

Thank you! I will post my next chapter as soon as I get my laptop back... >.<"

The Brave YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 am

Chapter 3 | Adalia

I was no longer talking to Blondie, I was no longer blushing at the floor, I was now coming this close to choosing my new life. The one I had waited for.

I had hardly paid any attention to the head of the government as he went on and on about the factions and the history of how things came to be. The typical thing you learned about at a young age and couldn’t ever forget because they constantly mentioned it again and again and again.

Instead I was too wrapped up in my thoughts about a Dauntless life, living it to the edge with no fear or regrets. It would probably be a very foreign environment considering Amity was the exact opposite of Dauntless, but that wouldn't stop me from achieving the goal I had set. Nothing, and I mean nothing, was going to stop me from achieving that goal.

Finally, my thoughts were interrupted rudely as my name was called, “Adalia Deja.” The name rung in my ears and made my heart race as I quickly stood up, leaving behind anything that was holding me back in the seat, before I determinedly made my way towards the 5 bowls each with something to represent the factions. Only one bowl lit with coals struck my interest though.

Calmly, I grasped the knife in my right hand, I allowed the blade to cut against my palm not once—but twice. After allowing a small pool of blood to form in my palm I held my hand out above the slightly lit coals and allowed the blood to drip onto them thinking, “Time to change things, a new life, a new start.” Just as a small sizzling sound caused the Dauntless to roar to life.

I turned around and didn’t bother to look at the Amity faction, my attention was only on my new faction. A grin appeared on my face as I went to go sit with them, finally I noticed some of them giving me looks of disgust. One even nudged me as I passed him and coughed out, “Banjo strummin’ hippie.” I only ignored them though and found myself sitting next to a familiar face.

With a small nudge I smirked, “Look who decided to join the wild side?”

He shrugs and returns my smirk. "Things in Abnegation were dull. I need some excitement in my life." He remarks with a wink before turning back to face the crowd.

Finally as the last name was called and chose their new faction, everyone stood up. Dauntless members hit new initiates on the back and teased others. A few of the new initiates who had chosen Dauntless also conversed back and forth.

I noticed someone next to Duncan laughing at the two of us, "I didn't think a stiff was even allowed to join Dauntless. Or anyone from Amity."

"Obviously you're not from Erudite because that statement was full of ignorance and just plain stupid." he remarks with a disapproving shake of his head.

He smirked back at Goldilocks, "That’s why I didn't choose it. I'm from Candor, well sort of."

I roll my eyes, agitated with the statement. After listening to him and blondie converse back and forth I decided to comment, my eyebrows raised, "Sort of?"

"Good for you." Blondie added and turned to face me.

I heard shuffling from behind me and I turned around to a smiling face in my line of sight, “Hey.” She says to me.

“’Sup smiles?” I crossed my arms.

“I’m Becca.” She states.

“Well... The name's Ada.”

Before Goldilocks, her, or myself can say another word in our slightly awkward conversation, we are interrupted by a tall man with strictly short cut black hair and chocolate eyes that weren’t very pleasing to look into. It was obvious just from how he stood—straight and proud, that he was one of the important Dauntless.

"ALL RIGHT NEWBIES! LISTEN UP!" He shouts, "My name is Ronan and I'm one of the Dauntless leaders. I am also one of the two in charge of your initiation process. Now, we're about to make our way to Dauntless HQ. Make sure to keep up. We wait for nobody." With that he turned on his heels and ran out of building. Others began to follow after him quickly.

First Blondie and Becca took off, then the one guy who had laughed at us both, leaving me in the back to catch up. As we exited the building I made sure to keep up with them without pushing myself too hard, even if this wasn’t even a hassle.

My eyes darted from one initiate to another, each one hollering out for no reason or grinning. Some did fancy tricks as they ran and to no surprise was able to keep up with one another. This was almost dreamlike—running alongside my idols, my new family.

Suddenly, the Dauntless born all seemed to slow their pace almost in sync and Ronan turns to us with his intimidating stare, "Now, you're going to perform your first task as Dauntless initiates. Jumping onto the train." He informs. The train whistle sounds and lights come around the corner, as if on cue. It approaches us, barreling down the tracks in a loud fashion. When it gets near us, he runs to build up momentum and grabs the handle, swinging himself into the car expertly as it goes by.

My eyes widen with amazement as I watch Ronan make his way into the moving train car, Blondie right behind him. I took no hesitation and pushed through the crowd. I had never done something like this, but I wasn't scared at all considering I had been waiting for this sort of thing. Doing as Ronan had I ran towards a cart, jumping when I felt it was about right. I tried to grasp onto one of the little handles on the side but only grabbed onto it with a few fingers.

Startled, I fell into the train, and gave a sigh of relief. I had made it. I had passed the first task.

Leaning my head out the train car to get a look at the area we were leaving, I noticed an Erudite boy. He was holding up a peace sign like Amity girls loved to do before shouting, “I’M NOT DYING TODAY! DEUCES!!”

I pushed my head back in and hauled myself up, confused about the scene that had taken place in front of me. Yet it all went away when someone’s familiar voice spoke up.

"Well you're doing alright for a hippie from Amity." He playfully said with a wink.

Upon hearing him a smile forms on my lips and I roll my eyes, “Thanks, I guess you're doing fine too, Goldilocks." I then noticed his nickname for me, which causes my hands to move to my hips, “hippie? That's the best nickname you could possibly come up with for me?”

He shakes his head at me, ignoring my nickname comment, “You know, I have a name. It’s Duncan.”

“Ah, so that’s your name? I’m Adalia if you didn’t get it before.”

Before he can reply I felt someone bump into me and my attention turns to the thing that had knocked into me, “Excuse me? Watch were you’re going.” Just as I finish I notice it’s the girl who I had an awkward greeting with.

“Sorry…” The girl whom I believed was Becca scowled at me before adding, “but don’t listen to him I bet he likes being called Goldilocks!”

“Good, because it’s stuck with me now.” I chuckled.

“Well it’s finally nice to meet you on good terms.” I hear him speak to me. He then replies to Becca with sticking out his tongue.

I spot the guy who laughed at us earlier moving over towards our little group, but was interrupted from saying a word by the Dauntless Leader.

"Ok rookies, enough chit-chat. You all survived task one. But the real initiation is yet to begin. You're about to perform your next task. Jumping off this train onto the roof of Dauntless HQ." With a smirk he gestured out the train so we can see the approaching roof.

I hear an unfamiliar Candor girl mock us three who were peeking out of the train. Honestly making me more determined to jump than I already was.

With a smile Becca jumps first, rolling onto the concrete roof that looked painful if you landed on it the wrong way. Before Duncan jumps he turns to me and taunts, “Don’t miss.” and with determination took a running leap, landing on his feet like there was nothing to it. I was right behind him the whole time, but I instead had rolled forward and had to push myself up, dusting the bright yellow pants that were now tinted with gray and black stains. Not like I minded it.

After searching the crowd I noticed Duncan had safely made it off the train. It caused me to smile and feel some odd sense of relief.

The smile on my face quickly vanished when the sounds of a distressed scream came from the space between the train and the roof that then ended with a loud smack. Everyone rushed to the edge and gripped its side as they all stared down at the bloodied mess of a poor Candor girl. Her body was lying in a formation that shouldn’t be possible as it sat in a new pool of blood. Her blood.

I had to turn away from the scene and force my small breakfast to stay in my stomach where it belonged. Faces all around me looked either distressed or like it was nothing to them at all. I felt myself clench onto my teeth as I found the girl who was spewing crap about us glaring at me.

“Banjo strumming hippie made it, huh?” Her lips curled into an evil grin and her words were like needles, “I’m surprised you even jumped.”

“I’m pretty disappointed you actually made the leap and didn’t end up like your fellow Candor friend.” I shot back, keeping my ground.

“You’ll regret saying that, flower picker.” She scoffed at me.

“I’m so scared I’m trembling.” I rolled my eyes and notice Duncan looking my way, I couldn’t tell what his emotions were though which caused me to wonder if he had heard what she said to me.

"I'm glad to see you all made it in one piece," Ronan began, "now, you will be called up one at a time to jump off this roof into that hole down there. We aren't telling you what's down there. You just gotta be brave enough to do it." He instructs. "First up, Skyler."

Everyone slowly shuffled towards where Ronan was as the Candor bitch pushed her way through the crowd without much care. Without hesitating she got onto the edge of the roof and stepped off, everyone in the front watching her fall into the abyss in silence.

I found Becca next to me, nudging my arm, “Seems like fun.”

“Tons.”

"Well I'll be looking forward to my leap! Hopefully there won't be something trying to kill us down there."

I rubbed the back of my neck, not exactly sure if she was joking or being completely serious.

Ronan suddenly calls another name, “Next up, Duncan.”

I bit my tongue as I heard his name called. I felt nervous for some odd reason. Only, he didn’t look nervous. Instead of looking down towards the hole he looked at us, grinning proudly at the crowd of Dauntless who seemed to be laughing at a stiff who was trying to join their ranks, before he back flipped off the roof.

“Did he just-.” I couldn’t finish my sentence.

“Yup.” The guy who I still hadn’t gotten a name for appeared on the side Becca wasn’t on.

Ronan’s voice broke over the silence from Duncan’s performance, “Felix, you’re up.”

After the Dauntless born had jumped I felt a cold sweat break down my neck, “Next, Adalia.” Slithering through the crowd I pushed myself up onto the edge of the roof.

Snickering was all I could hear behind me, but I didn’t care. They didn’t matter right now. All that mattered to me was that I made this jump no matter what I thought was waiting for me bellow. Maybe a pool of sharks or a small pillow with spikes scattered all around it. Even if that was the case I wasn’t letting it stop me.

With a deep breath I closed my eyes and jumped off the edge, the air brushing roughly against my skin and face, hair whipping upwards.

Finally it ended when my bottom hit a net. My eyes flung open and I tumbled towards a lady who had her hand extended for me to grab. Without thought I grabbed it and heard, “Name?”

“Adalia.” I blinked at her and she nodded at me.

“Welcome to Dauntless.”

My heart almost exploded when I heard those three words escape from her mouth. Here I was, finally. The place I’ve longed for.

After she welcomed me and I had pushed myself off of the net, I examined my palm with two cuts I had made at the Choosing Ceremony. It only seemed like minutes since I had made them and was finding my seat amongst the Dauntless, but now here I was in their HQ.

Without noticing, I had accidentally bumped into someone which turned out to be the one and only Blondie, “Oh! I’m so-I mean, you should really watch where you’re going.”

“But I wasn’t moving…” He turned around and raised his eyebrow at me. Or at least I think he was, my eyes hadn’t finished adjusting to the dimness.

"Well... Maybe you were and you didn’t notice it."

“I’m pretty sure I wasn’t…” I heard him sigh.

I tried to keep myself from blushing out of embarrassment, "Maybe you were?"

"I’m pretty sure if I was moving I would have been away from this spot.” He argued back.

I gave up at this point so I didn’t look more like a fool, I crossed my arms over my chest and moved my head so I couldn’t see him.

“God, you guys sound like an old married couple!” Becca laughed, making Duncan and I both shoot looks at her in sync. Before we have a chance to say anything though, Ronan appeared from the net area followed by the lady who had gave us a hand and a welcome. Everyone was hush.

"Ok! Now time for you to learn more about your initiation. Steph, a fellow Dauntless leader and also in charge of your initiation, will explain it to you."

The Brave YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 am

Another amazing chapter, Lyss!! I'm going to be editing my chapter today, after some homework, so it should be up sometime before Friday!!

boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum