Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

PVW Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PVW Discussion

Post by NightOwl on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:21 am

So I'm almost done with everything I need for a remake of my Perfect Virtual World roleplay. If you don't know what that is, it's a roleplay I did months ago where people were trapped in an MMO and had to live in the world and have to level up to escape. (Can you tell it was based off of SAO?) There are a few things I want to discuss with you guys first.

First off, I want to be able to have magic in the roleplay. So I've worked up 5 magic skills* and spells to go with it.

*Skills are feature/abilities a player can use in a game. These can be trained and leveled up to gain perks or abilities for the skill. During the course of each level, a player is able to gain only 80 skill points which they are able to distribute to any of their skills of their choosing.

The way I want magic to work is that it's a nice little extra thing for players to have and only 1 magic skill is allowed per player. Of course, if a player doesn't want to use up one of their skill slots on magic, they don't have to. So, no player will be using magic staffs, instead they'll be using weapons and just be able to casts a few spells. In the spoiler below is a list of the magic skills and spells I've come up with up so far (with some help from BoyHoy). I would like your opinion on them and if you can think up names for the few I don't have names for, it would be very much appreciated.
Magic Skills:

Skill Points -Skill Ranks
0-100F
101-249E
250-499D
500-749C
750-899B
900-100A
Every spell has a cool down of 30 seconds unless otherwise stated.

Fire
Rank F Spells
Fire Ball - Shoots a fireball the size of a baseball at your opponent.
Fire Spear - Shoots a 6 inch spear of fire at your opponent.
Flaming Arrows – Shoots 3 thin flames at 3 different opponents, 1 flame for each. Each flame does 1/3 the power a Fire Ball II does.

Rank E Spells
Ignite - Powers up all fire spells for 5 minutes.
Fire Ball II - Shoots a fireball the size of a baseball at your opponent.
Fire Blast - Shoots a wave of fire out in a circle with a 3 feet radius around the caster, giving a small amount of damage to any enemies within the bounds.
Flaming Arrows I – Shoots 3 thin flames at 3 different opponents, 1 flame for each. Each flame does 1/3 the power a Fire Ball II does.

Rank D Spells
Fire Ball III - Shoots a fireball the size of a baseball at your opponent.
Flaming Arrows II – Shoots 3 thin flames at 3 different opponents, 1 flame for each. Each flame does 1/3 the power a Fire Ball II does.
Fire Blast II - Shoots a wave of fire out in a circle with a 3 feet radius around the caster, giving damage to any enemies within the bounds.
Flame Weapons – Adds 10% fire damage to a persons, or an entire party, weapons. It lasts for 20 minutes.

Earth
Rank F Spells
Rubble Toss – Shoots a rock the size of a baseball from the ground at your opponent.
Stone Rain – Summons 4 low damaging spiked rocks that hit your opponent from above with 5 seconds between each hit.
Rock Barrier – Summons a rock shield that's 4 feet high and 3 feet wide to one of the players sides, blocking any attack from that side for 10 seconds. Once those 10 seconds are up, the shield breaks apart.

Rank E Spells
Rubble Toss II – Shoots a rock the size of a tennis from the ground at your opponent.
Stone Rain II – Summons 4 spiked rocks that hit your opponent from above with 5 seconds between each hit.
Crystalline Missile – Shoots a green crystal at your opponent.
Mud Pile – Makes the ground below a mob turn into mud, slowing down their speed by 10% for 15 seconds. Once the 15 seconds pass, the ground returns to normal. This spell will not work on other players. This has a cooldown of 1 minute.

Rank D Spells
Rock Barrier II – Summons a rock shield that's 5 feet high and 4 feet wide to one of the players sides, blocking any attack from that side for 15 seconds. Once those 15 seconds are up, the shield breaks apart.

Air
Rank F Spells
______ - Summons a thin and sharp blast of wind at the target, dealing damage.
______ - Launches a blast of wind at the target, knocking them back 2 feet and deals a tiny amount of damage.
______ - Summons a large blast of wind that goes forward of the player up to 10 feet. Any target in the area the wind touches will get a small amount of damage.

Rank E Spells

Water
Rank F Spells
______ - Summons a whip of water and shoots it at the target.
______ - Creates and launches four sharp ice shards at a single target. Once it hits the target, they immediately breaks apart.
______ - Summons and shoots two streams of water at two target, 1 at each target, dealing a small amount of damage.

Healing
Rank F Spells
Heal – Immediately recovers a small portion of target's health.
______ - Heals a small portion of targets health over the span of 2 minutes. Using once in battle might not do much, but casting it a few times in a row will heal a lot more health and faster. It has a 15 second cool down.
Purify - Removes one negative effect on one friendly target.

Also, should I keep magic in or should I take it out?

I'm afraid adding it in will make things even more complicated, when the roleplay is already complicated enough without it. Please tell me what your think.

Secondly, the quests. There will be 4 zones (10 levels per zones) on the first continent and each zone has their own quests. I will create a few for each zone, but would you guys be okay with creating your own quests? Like how it was in the Fairy Tail roleplay with a job board and people creating their own jobs kind of thing.

Thank you so much Athena! You're amazing!!
Forum Rules.. • • ..Anaphora: Entropy.. • • ..Anaphora Wiki
Spoiler:
NightOwl
Moderator/Coder
Moderator/Coder

Back to top Go down

Re: PVW Discussion

Post by Sentinel on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:18 am

I like it. I see where there can be a problem with complications, but it may add more flavor and action to the RPG.

Here's some of my name ideas for the Air spells.

Air
Rank F Spells
Air Strike - Summons a thin and sharp blast of wind at the target, dealing damage.
Gale Force - Launches a blast of wind at the target, knocking them back 2 feet and deals a tiny amount of damage.
Microburst - Summons a large blast of wind that goes forward of the player up to 10 feet. Any target in the area the wind touches will get a small amount of damage.

Rank E Spells
Air Strike II - Summons a thin and sharp blast of wind at the target, dealing a litte bit more damage than Air Strike I.
Pressure - Creates a sudden increase/decrease of air pressure on all sides of enemy, stunning them for (1-3?) seconds.
Gale Force II - Launches a blast of wind at the target, knocking them back (6-7?) feet and deals a small amount of damage.
Lift Velocity - Generates a rush of air beneath the user, allowing flight 5 feet above the earth for (15-30?) seconds.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:32 am

like Sent said, it adds flavor but might make it complicated

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 am

Those were very nice Sent. ^.^ Also, I can see were it can cause complication, but I don't see it being THAT big of a deal. As long as the person who uses the magic understands it and uses it right I think we should be ok.

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm an idiot, so this might not be for me. I don't think I can keep up with everything without having it all right in front of me all the time.
But it looks like so much fun.
Also, 900 to 100 on the scale for A? I think you're missing a 0.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Tobias~ on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Ahhhhhh Very Happy I'm super excited for thissssss! Very Happy

Here's some more ideas for yah!

Healing
Rank F Spells
Heal I– Immediately recovers a small portion of target's health.
Holy Blessing I - Heals a small portion of targets health over the span of 2 minutes. Using once in battle might not do much, but casting it a few times in a row will heal a lot more health and faster. It has a 15 second cool down.
Purify - Removes one negative effect on one friendly target.
Rank E Spells
Link- Links the health of two players for a short amount of time, allowing a "stronger" player to more greatly and equally aide a "weaker" player in battles.
Vampire's Kiss- "Bites" the target's health bar, lowering the health of the target while raising the health of the caster.
Heal II- Like Heal I but a bit stronger.
Holy Blessing II- Like Holy Blessing I but stronger.
Rank D Spells
Sacrifice- The caster distributes all of their remaining health among their party members (even those who have already hit 0) in order to save a mission.

You don't have to use those, but that's what I came up with Smile Good luck! Can't wait for the RPG!

Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Although I've already told you my opinions about this, I guess I'll say it here too xD. I think magic would be pretty neat, especially since it's optional. Then you could see how different characters develop with and without magic. I would say add it since it seems easy enough to follow.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:03 pm

I kinda like the idea. So is it kinda like Alfenheim mixed with SOA, I think it's good. But like you said, it might be complicated.

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Maybe it is best to take out magic because it could put the a non-magic user at a disadvantage. Like I am charging at an opponent then he uses wind to blast me away and I am unable to touch him bcz I am a non and I can only do combat moves

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

I don't think magic should be taken out. You can fight a magic user if you don't know magic.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top