Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

First Magic High School

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Magic High School

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

So I was watching my anime on my annual binge watch. And there's this series call "The Irregular at Magic High School".

May I just say that this has almost already replace Sword Art Online's place in my heart.

So I was thinking about making an RPG based off the series, you can find it on Crunchyroll.com , if you look around the web you can find no ad viewing too.

Here's the plot
The series is set in a world where magic exists and has been utilized as a technology for nearly a century. Rather than casting spells with chants or other traditional forms of spellcasting, mages use a Casting Assistant Device, better known as a CAD. Mages infuse the CAD with posions or thought particles (a substance-less particle and psychic phenomenon) while the CAD itself provides an activation sequence, which is then used to construct a ritual in order to invoke the magic. This magic ritual targets the Idea, the platform on which Eidos are recorded. Eidos refers to a form of information that is attached to a phenomenon. Modern magic uses false signals to manipulate the Eidos of a target, which in turn modifies the phenomenon and causes physical changes in the real world.

In 2095, Tatsuya Shiba and his sister Miyuki Shiba are new students enrolling at the Private Magic University Affiliated High School (First High School). Students are ranked according to their test scores: students with the best grades are designated "Bloom" and enrolled in the Course 1 curriculum, while those with poor scores are designated "Weed" and enrolled in Course 2. Miyuki topped the entrance exams and is selected to be the first years' representative, while Tatsuya is placed in Course 2 due to his low practical test score, despite scoring the highest in the written portion of the exams.

Now forget Tatsuya and Miyuki, pretend they don't exist in this universe. Or at least try.

You take the test and your either a weed or a bloom. That's the slang, the actual term is Class 1, and Class 2. The email reads something like this:

Subject: First High School

Hello, ____

We are excited to inform you that you will be attending Private Magic University Afilliated High School. You have been ranked Class __ based on your overall test scores. Your uniform will come in the mail, and you will come to class on Monday, at 7:00 for classes. Thank you for your time.

We'll have student council, and such if you guys like the idea of this RPG.

SoooooOOOOOooooo. Whadaya think?

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: First Magic High School

Post by boyhoy on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Ummmm I'm slightly confused about just how this universe works and all. I'll try watching a couple episodes then getting back to you.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes, watch the show because it explains ... YOU SIGGY, THE CAS IS KINDA LIKE HER SWORD.

But like I said, the episodes helps.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I've been watching this recently, and I do think I've actually read some of the manga before. Anyways, this is definitely interesting. I love how the show combines technology and magic. Though I wouldn't object to a RPG of it...I believe that further information would be needed to really understand this universe, since there is a lot going on outside of what we are shown, and that the development and everything would be a key idea to understand before even delving into a RPG. I do support the idea however. If you make the RPG, I wish you good luck; the idea is actually very interesting, and highlighting the conflicts between Course 1 and Course 2 students in this also can give some a slap of reality, as this does happen in our current society, just more...veiled most of the time.
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

http://acelfalk.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 pm

I was actually thinking of making the RPG after they finish the first 25 episodes. I actually don't know how long that would take but, I agree with you 100 percent.

Thanks for the feedback!

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 pm

@~Dylan Battle~ wrote:I was actually thinking of making the RPG after they finish the first 25 episodes. I actually don't know how long that would take but, I agree with you 100 percent.

Thanks for the feedback!
One last thing I want to say. This...media spans across several platforms; currently, I have seen manga of it, a novel (which is where it originated from) and anime. To be honest, to depend solely on the anime seems...No offense, but it seems weak. This idea can go great lengths, and the anime is just one media this story is presented in. Not to mention, sometimes anime misses or leaves things out that may help with the development of a RPG. It's not strange for that to happen. I know for sure that there's many volumes of the novel translated on Baka-tsuki (fan translated, though that's the best you'll get) along with the manga. Anyways yeah. That's the last bit I wanted to tell you. If anything, maybe take a look at the novels also, which is where the series spawned from, so it may contain knowledge not mentioned or shown in the anime.
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

http://acelfalk.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:06 pm

A novel you say.

I'll look into it, thanks for the advice. Smile

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator