FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Radi-Non

Go down

Radi-Non Empty Radi-Non

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:38 pm

So, I was given a prompt from this site, called DeviantArt, I'm in a Teen Novelist (or Young Adult) group. My prompt was, what if two people where put in post-apocalyptic world, where the only hope they had, were the people of thier own kind? I just liked the prompt and was up for the challenge. So here is a bit from my story "Radi-Non" I might/or might not post it here. Feel free to share any CnC, or comments or feedback. And thanks for reading, enjoy!

“What’s going on Avalon?” Amer holds her brother’s hand as the planes gravity slams them against the chairs.

Avalon doesn’t know what to say, so he just looks waywardly at his sister. As scared as anyone would be if their plane was going down. There were only a dozen people in the seoond class, everyone was screaming. Avalon just held his breath.

“You like facts don’t you, Amer?” He smiles, he knows it fake but it’s the only thing he can comfort her with.

“What?” She says, tears flowing down her cheeks.

“There is only a 95% chance we’ll die in a plane crash.” Avalon says, a tears starts to form.

“You know we’re never good with odds.” Amer closes her eyes and gulps.

“We don’t have to be.” He hugs her.

For a moment everything is quiet, and then, there’s a truly loud crescendo, as fire spews through the windows. Avalon ducks and Amer throws his body over her back. Then everything goes unwelcomely black.

~~~

Avalon’s healing, and fast.

Amer can see his skin stitching itself, and his burnt face, becoming akin to a newborns. His singed hair is falling off and growing back. Avalon moves, but so inconsistently that it’s not a major surprise to Amer.

She takes off her her t-shirt, which reveals a nice tank top, bloody from the recent body on top of her. She dabs it on Avalon’s forehead. Then she gets up and looks for survivors. Amer was always avid at keeping her calm. It was something that she learned at a very young age, before the blast hit. Before the A siblings became a weapon.

There are no survivors, not that she can see. The nose is snapped off, and the steel has crumbled. Amer knows that they’ll need to leave. She knows that there are people out there. In the forest that they crashed in.

She looks under chairs and in the carry-ons for any supplies. But there is basically nothing. There are so many bodies, it’s hard for her to not see something she doesn’t want to see. She tries to block the emotions, and for the most part she does. She coordinates her feelings, like a strategist. Of course, she allows herself one tear, one selfless tear.

“Amer … Amer where are you.” A startled voice shouts.

She’s far away from Avalon, she’s been scavenging for about thirty minutes and has come up with nothing. She makes her way back to her brother, double checking her search as she goes.

Amer is sitting up on the floor. He’s sweating, but he’s fully healed, except for the blood on his forehead. When he sees Amer, he laughs. Amer is frightened, why was he laughing?

“I guess you proved me wrong, Ava.” Amer runs her bloody hands through her dirty, bloody, blonde hair.

“You scared me, I thought you flew out with the nose or something.” Avalon says.

“That couldn’t happen, you were on me like a sack of flour.” Amer smiles, as if nothing traumatic has happened at all today.

Avalon gets up, and walks over to the severed opening where first class and the cockpit should be. “We’ve got to get going. There will be scavengers soon. They’ll make this damned thing into a trading center in about a year.”

Avalon was right. Scavengers lived in the Covenairs.They killed anybody who wasn’t them, and cleaned out anything that could be useful.

“Yeah, but if you didn’t notice, that’s a long fall to the ground, got any ideas, Avalon?” Amer asks.

Avalon grins, and then jumps. Amer’s heart skips two beats, and she runs to the jump. Amer is splatter on the charred grass. Then his body regains shape, and he get’s up and looks to Amer. He shouts, “Do the thing!”

“It’s not safe, what if there are hunters?” She yells down to Avalon.

Avalon gives her the look, forget the hunters, what are they going to do to someone like you?.

Amer hesitates, then takes the leap, and in an instant is transformed into a hawk. Who lands safely at Avalon’s side. Then, she returns to her lovely form. Avalon smiles wider than a Hyena, and laughs as if it’s the funniest thing in the world.

Amer starts to walk left, and away into the Evergreen forest. Avalon follows behind a distant pace.

~~~

“Dad, what if they find us. What will they do to someone like us?” Amer hugs her father, tears flowing like water works. Her heart is pounding, like her fathers.

“You know why God made people like you?” He said, his voice soft and sweet.

Amer sniffles, and closes her eyes to calm herself. “Why, daddy?”

“It’s because he knows that his creations need a successor. People like your and your brother are mankind's successors, one day, you’ll change all of this. One day, you’ll change the entire world.”

“So do you want me to go with Avalon?” She says.

“I want you to go with Avalon, and find others like you. Then I want you guys to stop the people who did this. I know you're only twelve, but one day, everything is going to click. When it does, you’ll know exactly how to do it, baby girl.” He says.

Marching is heard, and loud booms are heard outside their home. Avalon bursts in, and her mother grabs her father. Her father grabs her tight, and lets Amer go.

“Avalon, take your sister to where I said. We love you guys.” Father says, and a tear shows.

Avalon grabs Amer, and their life, beautiful and perfect. Is stolen away from them.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Radi-Non Empty Re: Radi-Non

Post by Sal on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Question, Avalon is a boy, correct? And Amer is a girl? Or are they both girls?

Secondly, I like the description you put in your wording. The plot is very interesting too, can't wait to see more! ^^

(Also, you have a DA account, correct? c: )

Do you even have a clue?
Do you even have one?

All the evil things we do,
Surprising that you don't run.

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Yes, Avalon is a boy, and Amer is a girl. Thank you! And also, yes i am Deviant!

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:45 pm

K. ^^ I saw a few gender errors in a few sentences unless I read them wrong... Sorry if so.

Np! And mind if I watch you? (: I'm Golden-Abyss-Girl.

Do you even have a clue?
Do you even have one?

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Oh, I need to correct that before I submit it. I messed up,lol.

And yes! You can, My names is Dylan-Battle. I'll give you a Llama, and watch you.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Thankies for the llama and watch! I shall do the same back~

At least I caught it. :3 I wish you the best as you submit it!

Do you even have a clue?
Do you even have one?

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content