Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  canaissexy  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 1:08 am by Cana

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 11:27 pm by Hime

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row ~ Renegade

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infinity's Row ~ Renegade

Post by Sentinel on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:58 am

Chapter VIII

The First of Many

"Ready or not, it was about to happen. And it was our duty to save this world, once and for all." - Resh Archambault (Hime), Infinity's Row: Iron Maiden

My first gut reaction to the confrontation with Rixal was the only logical decision - inform Grace and Vance. They were, after all, my most trustful allies at the moment. I sped-walked down the corridors to the meeting room they always seemed to be in, consisting of what used to be a conference room, brushing a couple shoulders with Regime members who seemed more flustered than usual. The blurred faces I read as I rushed by told me very few things, of which one I was only certain - there had been new developments.

After a couple minute's walking, I reached the hall, opening the double doors - to find the Kejhan twins hunched around a table. Three other engineers were pointing out something to them as they nodded in understanding. With a start, Grace looked up, a smile returning to her face.

"Aidec, hey!" she exclaimed, as if surprised that I showed up. Vance glanced at me with a scowl and returned to the set of blueprints laid out on the table.

"Uh, hi," I returned, gazing around at the situation, which was growing increasingly awkward... for some reason. She smiled at me, then beckoned to come over. I did as she ordered, joining the circle of 5.

A slightly awkward silence followed. Then, with a grumble: "Aren't you going to fill Aidec in on our plan?" Vance asked his sister.

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Plan...?" But it wasn't the plan itself that I was concerned about. Rather, it was the fact that Vance said "our plan," or rather the way he said it: "our" as in he and Grace alone. I could have sworn all three of us were a team now, so I didn't dare think too much about what he said, but nevertheless....

"Our plan," Grace began, interjecting into my thoughts, "For the Brontium's project, their 'robot army' as Deva put it, is to build an electromagnetic pulse. We deduced that the machines the Brontium Guild is working on are electric-based, or at least their motherboards are. If we can plant the device and detonate it, we can ensure that the war won't escalate." Her green hair bobbed as she spoke, and it took all I had not to get distracted.

"Sounds logical," I shrugged - however, I was dubious of the risk. How would we plant it? Surely we couldn't get close enough to the mechanical fiends again, especially with the head Brontium essentially glaring at us from afar. "What do we need?"

One of the engineers - a 12 year old, he seemed - scratched his chin as if imaginary stubble was irritating it. He must be Deva, I realized. "Well, that's the sitch. We got all the materials needed, except for the most crucial part. We need an explosive. In particular, TNT. There was a lot lying around during the Clan Wars, when they were mining tunnels, but said lot is underwater..."

I frowned. "So they're ruined?"

Deva shook his head vehemently. "Oh, no! Not necessarily. The casings back then were watertight, if a little inefficient. They should still be in working order, provided we can get our hands on one..." The boy wrung his hands apprehensively. By reading his face - furrowed eyebrows, bottom lip red from biting - I could guess that he was anxious about something. It was a feeling I've experienced multiple times prior to joining the Row....

"You found some, but it's inaccessible, isn't it?" I hypothesized. The boy's face instantly lit up.

"Holy shit- I mean, yeah. How'd you guess?" he inquired.

"I've had years of experience reading facial expressions. It's like a new language," I shrugged as Deva smiled sheepishly, quite embarrassed that he'd been called out so easily.

"Doesn't matter, anyways. Yeah, we did locate a few sticks, enough for the EMP's effects, but... it's in an underwater cave I call the Grotto. The Brontium Guild tried to dig underneath the lake during the Clan Wars... Most of the entrances to them collapsed mysteriously, but the Grotto is still up. And there's still TNT there," he explained, running his hand through his pepper-gray hair.

"And that's where we're about to go," Grace added, gesturing to the diving suits on the wall. "Deva, Vance, and I... oh, and you, of course. We actually forgot your suit!" she half-chuckled, snapping her fingers at one of the other engineers, who quickly rushed off in search of a spare.

I gave her a soft smile, but under my facade, my mind was in turmoil. Were they... thinking of doing this without me? After I gave them every reason to trust me... and I expected it from Vance. He and I were almost never on common ground. But why hadn't Grace objected? I thought we were friends, I thought we....

I snapped out of my reverie only when the engineer returned, 10 pounds of diving suit in both hands, and the four of us went off to change in privacy.

After about 10 minutes of figuring out how the parts worked together, I stepped out into the hallway, boots clunking and bulky helmet under my padded arm. These suits were ancient as hell, but as long as I didn't drown, or fall over, anything was dandy.

A few seconds later, I heard soft thumps, and I turned around to see Grace rushing towards me. Her face was a pink, which, complemented with her green hair, made her look like one of the comedy performers at the New Year's Festivals. I would have laughed, but right now I wasn't exactly in a joking mood - and she seemed to take notice.

"I need to talk to you about earlier," she gushed, zipping up her suit. She seemed to be in a rush. I, however, had all the time in the world right now.

"Yeah... what was that back there? Were you guys planning to do this without me?" I demanded, and Grace seemed to blush even further.

"Yes-" my mouth dropped open, and she quickly corrected herself "-well, not yes. I mean, Vance said so, and I just thought, you know, since you and he don't..."

Frowning, I interrupted her. "So his word goes, just because I'm not there? Is that how it works? I mean, I'm not the 'newbie' any more. Why does Vance still think he can push me around just because he's older-"

"It's because he's afraid of you!" Grace hissed at me, putting in effort to cut me off as she stood on her toes and pushed herself into my face. She instantly rocked back onto her feet, fumbling with her gloves.

"...afraid... of me..." I repeated. My friend nodded.

"You're in the Row. The ROW, Aidec. Runite's Row. Continental apocalypse aside, it's still a big name. The fact that one of you even made it out of Ald Ruhn alive, made it to a neighboring city in the first place shook him. Not to mention...." She trailed off.

I crossed my shoulders, the helmet falling to the floor with a clatter. "Not to mention what?"

Grace cringed as the noise echoed through the corridor. "Nothing. Never mind. Just, cut him some slack. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I was planning to tell you, regardless of whether or not Vance wanted you to come," she admitted.

Before I could respond, Grace's brother came clanking down the hall, his breathing apparatus swinging wildly behind him. Deva simply strode towards us.

"The hell was that?" Vance asked, eyeing the helmet on the floor. "Oh. Course. Aidec, pick it up and let's go. We're about ready to dive." He waved us along as he and Deva walked through the commons and out the door.

Grace picked up my helmet, handing it to me. I took it gratefully, and she gave me another soft smile.

"Let's go. Vance will warm up to you eventually," she promised. I returned her gesture, nodding; it felt as if a small weight had been lifted, like I could trust again. Or maybe I just needed to learn how to trust.

After several minutes of walking through the streets of the Bellows, the four of us stopped at the edge of a walkway. Here, Vance climbed onto the railing, staring down at the waters below. He donned his helmet, making sure his tank was connected properly, and let himself fall, hundreds of feet to the edge of the lake. A splash told us he was underwater, and the rest of us waited for him to move to a safe distance so we could follow suit.

First Deva, then Grace, then me. Within seconds we left the safe confines of our own city, into an unfamiliar, cold, and dark new world.

"Lights!" the radio squawked into my ear, and with the flip of a switch the lake bed was illuminated. I craned my head up, glancing at the now-unfamiliar figures near me.

"It's over here," Deva directed, and the shortest figure arced his light towards an even darker looking spot next to a rock formation. We slow-walked, struggling against the cold current as our steps threw sand and clouds of dirt into the waters around us.

We took the safest order - Vance in the front, then Grace, then Deva. I took up the rear, which honestly didn't surprise me. I was still bitter about the whole leaving-Aidec-behind-while-we-go-on-an-important-mission bit Vance tried to pull. It seemed he was as well, considering his plans fell through.

Bitterness. At least we have something in common now.

Despite the darkness, it wasn't hard to investigate the Grotto. The tunnel opened wide enough for all four of us to occupy the space, and we ventured deeper, searching for any remnant of an explosive stockpile. Little panes of polished rock reflected the light beams our flashlight scattered across the cave.

It felt like an hour passed before something happened. "Here!" Grace whispered - as if we needed to - while Deva and Vance crowded around her figure, the three of them bent over with investigation. Meanwhile, I was instinctively looking back. What Rixal told me was still on my mind, and I couldn't help but feel a little antsy. We were, after all, meddling in the affairs of adults.

A few times, I thought I saw several dark figures moving near the entrance. But it could have just been shadows, or my mind, or some lake creature we didn't know about. Surely, nobody else was aware we were down here... right?

After five agonizing minutes of guarding at the entrance, the three of them had managed to fiddle the TNT out of the murk. I looked back as a small brown cloud of sand and dirt rose like a mushroom cloud, and someone waved the stick in the air - er, water. They bounded back up to me, a slight current struggling against their efforts. One of the figures in the middle (most likely Grace) gave me a thumbs up, and I raised my own fist to equally respond.

The thunderous boom interrupted the salutation. I snapped my head back, eliciting a sharp stab of whiplash, to see a cloud of dust descend over the entrance.

"I... I think it was trapped..." I began, while Vance dragged his sister and me through the dust cloud. "DON'T TALK!" he screamed into the communicator. "JUST RUN!"

He didn't have to tell us - the three of us bolted through the cave. Rocks pelted our helmets, and I watched as a thin crack began to run along the surface of the glass, escalated by the pressure of the water. Vance's grip on my arm tightened as the vortex from the explosion seemed to suck everything into the grotto...

And just like that, everything fell calm.

COMING SOON
Chapter IX
The Battle of Fa'alwind

ALSO COMING SOON: Two RPG projects I've been wanting to do. The first one is entitled "IR Legends: The Travels of Lyall and Marin Farenart," and will be a collection of short stories following the adventures (and misadventures) of Aidec's parents throughout the six years prior to "Infinity's Row." It would be awesome to see this become a "user-owned series" - that is, other IR players take part in the "IR Legends" brand and write their own N'al Renian stories, legends, and character biographies. Just a thought!

My second project is one I plan to be a secret, as I still have to start compiling all the information I ever wrote about this specific character. But rest assured, veterans of boyhoy's Camp Half-Blood RPG back on Central might be interested in it.... Wink

One more thing: Thank you. I have yet to finish a full blown story like this, and hope to work on many more, but the words of encouragement you guys have given me has kept me going. Aidec has a rather eventful and murky history that I feel must be told, and I'm so glad to have the courage to do so, as well as strive to make all of my works better. So once again, thanks!
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Chapter IX

The Battle of Castle Fa'alwind

"That was why we needed the Row. To give us a new family, a new group of people who could protect us and we could protect them in return." - Dederick Altir (Shaybaysasuke), Infinity's Row: Iron Maiden

He was the first of many, Deva. It's been a month now since that fateful day in the Grotto, and I can barely bring myself to look at anyone in the eyes. I had felt it was my fault, and it was. I was a member of the Row. It was my duty to look out for the citizens of N'al Ren. And I messed up.

Badly.

My mind swam in self-loathing as the daily briefings were given - the electromagnetic pulse, the device created to cripple the Brontiums and end their plans was finished. The next step of the plan was the most important - we invade the dungeons of Castle Fa'alwind. Y'know, the boring stuff.

Oh, and we had to do it by tomorrow. That's when some of our strategists predicted the Brontiums would rise and take over the city.

"What a load of horse shit," Vance groaned, boots hitting the top of the table. He had been one of the few skeptics about the revelation. The lead strategist, Rafael Dalakanth, widened his eyes in slight shock, but reaffirmed his suspicions.

"It's all in the facts. I showed you last night," he defended. "The constant power surges, the drills, everything. Either way, the sooner we take out their machines, the better."

I nodded. "I agree. We have to do something now. No more sitting around." Vance didn't like when I spoke up, but at this point I didn't care. We weren't getting anywhere, and we had to take some action. At this rate, a nicely placed bomb could take out a huge portion of Brontium machines. But he seemed too... uncertain. Concerned, scared even.

But we all were.

- - - - - -

We all gathered before the "courtyard" of Castle Fa'alwind - that is, the lower deck below the actual courtyard. All 1,100 of us, in a 22 by 50 square, faced the vault doors of the fortress basement, where the Brontium Guild had infiltrated and ran the Fa'alwind family out. Looking at the mass crowd of drifters, rogues, and rebels, their guns and swords and sledgehammers at the ready, it seemed as if this was going to be an easy fight.

Of course, I had grossly underestimated what the Brontium Guild was capable of.

The Fa'alwind library made mention that the Brontiums were a family of inventors - in fact, at one point the Fa'alwinds and the Brontiums were at peace, and the latter provided the intricate framework for the city itself. Nobody is for certain as to how the rift between the two clans grew. But regardless, they could build terrifying things as well as beautiful. Programmable drones. Mech suits. Things that could easily crush us if they got the chance

However, being undiscovered for seven centuries had its obvious downfalls, leaving them without something that we had more than plenty of - guns. Each robot, each member of the Brontiums only had swords, or axes, or spears. Any kind of gun that they might have owned back in the Clan Wars went into disrepair.

Meanwhile, the Fa'alwind Regime didn't just have guns - we had rockets.

There was no formality in either of the charges - no pompous leader raising his sword and yelling "Forward!" The Regime played dirty, and played hard. Swords clashed against bullets, which instantly shattered as a dozen more went flying for their targets. Rockets went whizzing into unmanned drones, which shot shrapnel everywhere as they exploded. I remembered seeing pictures of the Pyhrenville Revolution in Parivion. The pictures never explained how truly bloody it was, though.

Only three people were in charge of planting the pulse, and that was Vance, Grace, and me. The thing was freaking heavy - maybe 200, 250 pounds? And the distance to their base was about 100 yards.

We were about 10 yards away when an explosion knocked us all off of our feet. Right next to Grace was a 20 foot wide crater, apparently created from a malfunctioning mech suit. No sign of the Brontium controlling it, but there were a lot of Regime members that needed help.

Grace instantly got to her feet. "I have to help them! Aidec, you and Vance get the bomb inside." Her green hair was now covered in soot and blood, but her determination hadn't been scarred once. Vance and I simply looked at each other, nodded in affirmation, and took ahold of the pulse. There was a job to be done.

- - - - - -

Dead silence surrounded the two of us as our footsteps clattered through the hallways. We couldn't go right into the gateway of the base - there were too many machines to cut us up. Luckily, there were no problems on the back route, as almost everyone was outside fighting. Vance and I quickly installed the device on a wide walkway, right above the exiting port.

"Well, that's that," Vance muttered, wiping his hands clean of imaginary dust. "Now let's get back to Grace before she-"

"I thought I told you not to try anything, Farenart."

A hand clasped over my mouth as Rixala's handgun was jammed up against my temple. Vance's face went into multiple states of surprise, fear, and anger as the Brontium leader stepped towards him, along with the new hostage.

"A bomb?" I could hear him ask, "That's so petty. You all have much more firepower than the entire guild combined, yet you just want to smash our faces in?"

"Let him go, you bastard." Vance's tone was filled with conviction. My hand slowly reached up towards Rixala's handgun, which in turn clicked once. My hand instantly fell back down.

"You should run back to your friends, child. Either way you put it, neither Aidec nor I are going to survive this. I already know the Fa'alwind Regime has won. It's clear as day. But there won't be a day in Hell where I won't be smiling, knowing that I got a chance to kill one Row scumbag." Brontium kept stepping closer to Vance, and the bomb. Deep down, I knew what his goal was - he just wanted to psych Vance out. But he was running out of time. My mind raced with ideas - unfortunately, none came to thought. We seemed to be screwed.

Vance looked left and right - he didn't seem to have any ideas... no, more like he had a thought, but knew it was stupid. It was pointless. That there was no way both of us could get away alive at the same...

"Vance," I tried to say - but it came out as a muffled "Mmmm..." Somehow he understood me, because he shook his head.

"No Aidec. He's right. There's no way all of us can survive this. Which is why I'm gonna stand by you until the very end. I've had my doubts" - was he stalling too? What was HIS focus? - "and for a long time I thought I was right. But everyone trusts you. And they have reason to. You're a go-getter. You're willing to get your hands dirty. You don't particularly give a shit. And that makes you a worthy Row member.

Vance grinned, looking up at me. "Aidec, I'm sorry I failed you. But I'm glad we're going together. You, me, and that rocket headed straight for us."

He did it. The jackass actually did the oldest trick in the book. And it paid off, too - Brontium, the idiot, looked right behind him, only to realize that we were still in the warehouse rafters. His ineptitude bought me enough time to finally slap the gun out of his hand, which fell into the depths below. Then, with all the strength I could muster, I took his arm and flipped him over - right on top of the pulse. His back let out a crack as Rixala screamed in pain, his face contorting in agony.

That's when I noticed the timer on the bomb just ticked to five seconds.

"Aidec, MOVE!" Vance shouted at me, pushing me off of the platform. I had no time to think - only to stare into the shadows below me and hoping there weren't any beams I'd smack into. Through the freefall came a burst of radiant energy, making the hairs on my neck stand on end, as light filled the warehouse below.

The last thing I remember, oddly enough, was the sound of my nose breaking, until I blacked out from pain. And with that, the Battle of Castle Fa'alwind ended. At least for me.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:10 pm

Crap chapter is crap. I just want to finish this story up before I begin working on Syndicate. For everyone who managed to not get bored of this story, thanks!
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Crap? Ardian pls that was as intense as heck and so great so do not say that was crap
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:55 pm

^^^ It was great! Very Happy I can't wait for more!!!
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 am

Chapter X

Renegade

Vance didn't survive the explosion. You've probably guessed that one way or another. Pulses aren't devastatingly powerful, but they can be fatal when placed right. Vance and Rixala were killed instantly.

His death wasn't in vain, though. We did manage to take out a majority of the Brontium's machines. Those that weren't already dead either surrendered to the Regime or Arker's forces, or otherwise fled into the wind.

It was an abrupt end - we didn't celebrate or anything, just... kinda went back to work. After all, we sure as hell didn't finish the war then. And there doesn't seem to be one in sight. From everything I have heard, countless other Row members are heading the fronts in any way they can.

So, here I am, six months after escaping Ald Ruhn. You know, when I wished for my life to have some sort of meaning, to become... well, not what it used to be... I didn't ask for this. I don't think any of us asked for this, actually. Would be a stupid thing to ask for.... But I'm going to have to take it in stride now. Somehow, I managed to band together enough hopefuls, enough light for N'al Ren to at least stand some sort of chance now. I don't plan on letting it go anytime soon, and I think Grace is on my side with that. For now, my story is over, over at least until I reunite with the Row. Hopefully that's

wrote too soon. Resh just messaged me, no idea how, need to leave immediately. So whoever reads this, I dunno, I might be in Ald Ruhn by the time you do? the Row moves fast

good luck

~ Aidec Farenart

Epilogue

All that's left of N'ode is a barren plain of destruction, faintly illuminated by the orange sky of fire. Arker's bombs had, knowingly or unknowingly, found their way to the explosive device hidden within Fa'alwind, and most of the city is smoldering ruins. Several miles away, a lone, burnt, and worn-out book lays in the middle of the road. It almost appears to be waiting for a curious traveler to retrieve it.

Two dark figures appears on the horizon, apparently headed from Port Farvel in the northeast. Both are cloaked in all black, but several strands of silver-golden hair poke out from one of the hoods. Said traveler appears to be a man. Stopping at the book, the man stares down, slightly intrigued by the random spectacle.

The second traveler speaks. "Could it be of any significance?" The calm, yet imposing voice rings out from her hood, which is shrouded in shadow.

The first traveler shrugs, removing the scarf from around his mouth. "I don't know. It says 'The Regime'..." The man opens the book to the first page, slightly unimpressed. But a specific line catches his eye. He frantically turns to the epilogue, searching.

The woman turns to him. "What? What is it, honey?" Her husband simply turns to her, putting the book in one of his many pockets.

"We need to get to Ald Ruhn. I think... I think we've found him.

Our son is alive."

So, yeah. I did end it kinda briefly, maybe I'll go back and add some stuff. But there you have it - Aidec's misadventures during Apocalypse, as well as how his parents knew where to find him. I'm really excited to be wrapping this up, because now it means I can finally start working on Syndicate. Thanks for reading, and here's to Aidec's final sub-plot arc!
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 am

Woot woot! Congrats Adrian! Oh and fabulous writing by the way.
Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:11 pm

I loved it!! Very Happy Congratulations!
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top