Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row ~ Renegade

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infinity's Row ~ Renegade

Post by Bat on Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 pm

So is it better to as Nee-chan if they are demons or monsters? I would rather choose monsters because demons seemed used a lot, right?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Well the difference between monsters and demons is that demons are more sapient and even human-like, while monsters are sentient and more like animals.

On a moonless night / In a soulless place
The battle begins / For the s k e l e t o n  r a c e
Wanna see my pog collection?
Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon May 05, 2014 12:59 am

Next chapter might be up Tuesday instead of Monday. We'll see.

Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Mon May 05, 2014 9:55 pm

Can't wait either way!

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 am

Chapter IV
More Than Just A Weapon Or A Tool

"Like fingerprints, each weapon is unique – it grows and builds on the personality of the wielder." - Infinity's Row Application Thread

All I could do was stare at myself on the poster as awkward silence radiated throughout the warehouse corridor. Amber shafts of light from the rising sun in the windows illuminated the damning evidence even more.

$950,000... to be honest, I was rather offended. I thought I would be worth maybe 50 grand more. But my mind snapped back to reality. No doubt the orphans would turn me in. That was still a crap ton of money. And they all looked very interested in me now. Much more than they did in the past few months.

With no practical way out, though, I had only one option. I turned to the window - the dusty, scratched, warped pane of glass - grabbed my axe, and bolted.

I only picked the shards of glass out of my hands when I was a quarter of a mile away, in some unfamiliar yet unimposing area of the Bellows. Several hundred feet above, Fa'alwind began bustling with activity - the morning rush. As I yanked them out, small trickles of blood sprang from the wounds. With no other way to bandage them up, I sat down at the edge of an alley, gazing at the undercity. It truly was Fa'alwind's foil. There was a sense of abandonment throughout the factories and warehouses and tenements, but if you listened closely, you could tell it was anything but.

There were more kids around here than adults, which was pretty sad. However, it wasn't too surprising for me. Family ties weren't the strongest, especially among the lower classes. I was but one of many vagrants in N'al Ren. I just had what it takes to be in Runite's Row.

As I stared around at the factories, I began to wonder what the place was like 700 years ago. I knew a little bit about the Clan Wars - how a bunch of these groups fought for power, and Runite's Row won. I wondered about these factories. Who owned them? And what did they make? Many were stripped for parts ages ago, so there's no way of telling what could have been in them.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps clanging on metal. Someone must have tracked me down. I stood up, clutching Sentinel, ready to fight, when the figure came into view.

"Aidec!" Grace shouted. I lowered my weapon, still on guard. Grace's eyebrows were arched, giving her ghostly eyes a worried expression.

"Oh, now you talk to me," I muttered in resentment. "What exactly did I do to piss you off, anyways?" Grace shook her head, as if it didn't matter.

"Aidec, I underestimated my relationship with my brother. Vance has a temper, but he really means no harm. Since he's almost 19, he has this feeling that he needs to look out for all 50 of us," she explained, and I widened my eyes slightly. 50 kids? While the Bellows was huge, 50 kids was still a lot to worry about.

I crossed my arms indignantly. "Well, he doesn't need to worry about me. You've heard the news, right?" I asked. Grace nodded. "Yes. To tell you the truth, I had a feeling you were a member of Runite's Row. It was in your demeanor. All members have it - they become stern, as if a thousand responsibilities just became their problem. The Row can change people. Whether that's good or bad... it depends." As she spoke, I stared at her, fascinated by how much she knew.

"You seem like you know a lot about the clan," I pointed out casually. Grace blushed a bit.

"Yeah, well... Vance applied for it when he was 14. He almost got in... but at the last minute, he backed out. Vance didn't want to leave us. He wasn't sure we'd be able to fend for ourselves... even though I could have filled in the position. But it's whatever," she explained, rolling her eyes at the last part.

"Aidec, nobody plans to turn you in. You've helped out down here. The other kids warmed up to you. And Arker's a creep anyways," she comforted. I simply grinned. "You have no idea. He's done terrible things. Arker might do anything to get his hands on power."

With that, Grace paled. Whatever I said must have terrified her - more than I knew. As the color returned to her face, Grace held out her hand. "Come on. Let's get back to the Warehouse," she said, smiling, and I was more than happy for her to lead on.

We took a scenic route - a rickety iron bridge that stretched over an open circle, 500 feet in diameter. Below, Lake Brontium sparkled and gleamed, while the opening was surrounded by housing, tenements, and strange, ruined cranes. Grace explained that the Brontium Guild attempted to make a shipyard here, but several steel mills were sabotaged by other groups. The cranes have stood ever since.

A clamor of metal from the other end of the bridge suddenly interrupted Grace's story. We both stared at each other, and began edging towards the source when we heard a sharp, shrill cry.

I instantly recognized the voice as Jaiden - the strange, quiet little kid. He was only 8 years old - what was he doing out here? And so far away from the Warehouse...

"Jaiden!" I called, rushing over to him. The poor guy moaned in obvious pain - something must have been hurting him, badly. Indeed, the mouse-haired preteen was pinned down by several beams of steel - old support bars from above. Wrong place at the wrong time.

I set Sentinel down next to him as I sized up the steel bars. There were about 4, and they must have weighed around 200 pounds. I stepped next to Jaiden, squatted down, grasped the beam on top, and lifted up. As I did, my arms began trembling from the effort - an unfortunate side effect of my less-than-nutritious breakfast.

"Urgghh.... I gotta shove this to the side. These things are waaaaaay heavier than I though..." I muttered, giving one great big heave, pushing the piece of scrap in front of me. To my surprise, it flipped over on end, landing with a huge THUD. A huge gash spread from the point of impact like wet cardboard, and the sheet of metal holding Jaiden and I up gave way to the open air and the water below.

Whenever someone falls from an extremely large heighth, everything around them slows down, allowing for better reaction time. Or something like that. I had read about that in an attic back in Ald Ruhn, but I hadn't exactly planned on falling from hundreds of feet in the air, so I didn't find it important knowledge.

But I guess shit happens.

The only thing I heard was a scream - it was likely Grace's, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jaiden's (or even mine, for that matter). Jaiden and I were falling head over heels in an uncontrollable sky dive. As the wind whistled in my ears, I twisted around, desperately looking for Sentinel. I had no idea why I wanted my axe so badly. It wasn't as if it would make us fly, right?

As it was, Sentinel was right above my head - either a blessing, or an omen. I quickly grabbed it, holding it between my legs, and grasped Jaiden's flailing arm with my right hand. My subconscious obviously had a plan, because the rest of my brain had squat.

Right as I began to question my motives, a warm tingling spread through my arms, legs, torso, and head. It was as if I had chugged a hot bowl of soup on an extremely cold day - somewhat startling, but comfortable too. At the same moment, the crystal waters of Lake Brontium enveloped Jaiden and I - only to recede two seconds later. I glanced down at Sentinel, startled, as Jaiden grasped my shoulders. My axe, the normally hulking steel weapon I was forced to carry across my back like a pack mule, was floating on water.

I thought back to a conversation I had with an elder member of Runite's Row:

"So, Aidec. Which weapon shall you choose to guard and serve N'al Ren? Pick wisely. These aren't ordinary - "

"That one," I exclaimed, pointing to the black and light gray, 5 foot long war axe hanging amongst a variety of other, much more lethal-looking tools of war.

The elder nervously ran his hand through his silvery brown hair, looking uncertain. "Are you sure, son? It doesn't seem to be as formidable as the others..."

I nodded my head with certainty. "Yes. It seems like it's exactly my style," I grinned. The elder just sighed, taking it down from the wall. "As you are... this weapon has extraordinary abilities, but like a sentinel, you and it must be alone, solo, in times of doom, for them to manifest. A strong bond must be shared between you because of this. Remember this. It's more than just a weapon or a tool."

The Warehouse featured a special, open dock, where makeshift tables and stoves were set up like a cafeteria of sorts. It would have been an okay set up, if there was more food to go around.

Jaiden, Grace, Vance, and I sat around a circular table made of a combination of wood, pig iron, and prayers. Still shivering in a blanket, Jaiden reached very slowly towards the table, picking up his mug of cocoa, and taking a hesitant sip.

Vance stared at his clasped knuckles. "So, Jaiden. We're really glad you're alive, and sort of well, and all that stuff. But, I have to address the Palgraun in the room. What exactly were you doing in the Shipyard District? That place is extremely dangerous. You should know that."

Jaiden shrugged. "Yes, I'm well aware of that," he replied, giving Vance a funny stare. I was thrown off a bit by this statement - Jaiden's sudden demeanor was not typically in the realm of 8 year olds.

The young adult leaned back, unsteady now. "OK... well, then why were you out there? Your home is here, Jaiden."

The 8 year old simply shook his head. "No. No it's not. You don't understand," he denied. Grace reached across the table, grasping his hand.

"Jaiden, I know how hard it is to be an orphan. But that doesn't mean you can't have a family. And we can be your family. Right, Aidec?" she addressed.

I nodded, about to add on to her speech, when Jaiden cut me off with a bomb shell.

"You guys really don't understand. I do have a family. But it's with none of you," he argued.

"My last name is Brontium. The reason I came to you, Vance, is to warn you. My family heard of Arker's deposition. They're trying to come back. The Brontium Guild never died out. They simply bided their time."

[Chapter V (The Fa'alwind Regime) coming 5/8 or 5/9]

Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat May 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Holy crap, Adrian. This story is amazing! It's awesome to see IR being carried on by the people who love it most in my absence (which I'm really sorry for, by the way). Carry one! It's incredible!

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 pm

HERMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*STARTS VIOLENT RIOTING*

Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm

DOUFGNODUFGN HERMY COME BACK TO US!!!!!

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat May 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm back!!!

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sat May 10, 2014 1:01 pm

^o-o^ woot woot! We missed you so much, Hermy! I actually thought you died or something. When we saw Shady on, though, we were like "o: Could it be"

and it was

Welcome back!

Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down