FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Yesterday at 11:36 pm by Acheron

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:46 am by WritingBookworm

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm by WritingBookworm

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm by ~Dylan Battle~

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» [rp thread] Danmachi
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 pm by Ace

» A Tired Hiatus
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:09 pm by Captain Whitehawk

January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Short stories

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Short stories

Post by Ikuto on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:03 pm

So, I'm bored. And to tell the truth, I have to be REALLY bored to post here so yeah. Basically, I have so many unfinished stories and they're just sitting around in my folders. Is this annoying to me? No. Do I want feedback on these stories? Yes, I DEARLY want feedback on my work. I always do. And if I don't, it breaks my heart, especially if someone says they will and then "oh look at that we ran out of time let's forget about you and never read what you wrote for the rest of time". It pisses me off to no end (and you don't want me pissed off). So, to keep myself from exploding, which is something I really don't need, especially since if I explode, it pretty much would make the next worse, or just make it last longer or something like that, I decided to get some of the more...shorter (well, not all of them will be short) stories sitting around in my folders and share them. Might as well.
The bolded titles will pretty much show where a new story starts, which means if there is a bolded title, the story before that has ended. So yeah. Let's move on. Many stories will not be related to each other, though sometimes names will be the same, but do not expect that this means that they are the same characters. Remember that the following stories are unfinished, and I have no current plans on finishing them. The titles are either the canon titles I have for them or have titles that are just barely related to the story but put there so you know that it is a new story.
Also, because posting them all in one post would be overwhelming (hahaha, I'm serious) I'll be posting each one separately.
If, at any time, I feel as if my stories will be stolen, or I feel as if I don't want my stories to be up, I'll edit this thread to remove all of the stories. So, I beg you to NOT quote any of the stories. Just say the title and your feedback. And please, NO THREE WORD compliments. These are empty, and essentially, USELESS AS CAN BE. I want to know WHAT you like or dislike. As for changes...Seeing as I may or may not touch these for awhile, I'd advise you to not suggest changes.

Pain

Pain. It is such a simple word, but when you get down to it…It is much more than that. It is suffering. These feelings are made into one word. A simple word that describes not so simple feelings.
Kyou knew about pain. He was a priest; he could share others pains. He could heal their pains. And yet, he could never heal his own most of the time. Kyou couldn’t heal emotional pain, and neither did he have to deal with it. Kyou could only heal physical pain; scratches, bruises, stabs, slashes. And any power doesn’t come freely.
Priests were very rare. Many chose a weaker healing power of a mystic. Only because priests were a bit hard to keep up. You see, once a month, all the pain they took away, all the wounds they healed; every single drop of physical pain they healed is thrown back on them. They don’t receive the wounds; they receive the pain. The worse the wound, the worse the pain.

As Kyou surfaced from sleep, his ribs stung with pain. Every breath seemed to hurt. It was like his chest was being crushed from all sides. Old blades ripped at his hands, his arms, his legs, feeling merciless. Needle sharp pains attacked any joint that twitched; it was like the pain had a mind of its own, choosing to be merciless and unrelenting. Head pounding and vision blurry to the point of blindness, Kyou laid in his bed, staring up at the cieling.
He knew that priests quit after one month most of the time. It was because of the rebound. And before, he never understood why. He didn’t understand why people screamed and cried when they were hurt. He simply never understood it, until he was placed in their shoes. But he didn’t quit after the first month. He refused to. If people experienced this much pain, and a competent priest could prevent the pain from becoming worse, then Kyou would be willing to fill that spot. He would be willing to heal them.

One knock, two, three. Pause. One knock, two, three.
Kyou heard the knocking, heard the hushed, worried voices. But he couldn’t bring himself to rise. It took all his energy to keep from screaming and crying in pain. He couldn’t heal this pain since the wounds it was coming from didn’t exist. So, he feebly looked towards the door, hearing his friends silently bicker. He knew he shouldn’t move in this condition, and he was planning to keep still, which would lessen the pain just a bit.

With a sudden bang, his self control slipped. He yelped as he jolted in place, clawing the sheets beneath him as pain attacked his body. Worried voices reached his ears through the haze of pain. Gentle hands wrapped themselves around his arms and torso, slowly lifting him into a sitting position in the bed. Voices, noise, pain. These were things Kyou could deal without for awhile. And yet, they insisted on being near him. Because of this, he was glad. Since it would mean that his friends were there; that he wasn’t alone in this painful ordeal. He had many shoulders to lean on, instead of being the one who had to support those shoulders. He could suffer without worrying about being alone. For that, he was glad that he felt the warmth he knew as friendship.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

http://acelfalk.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Short stories

Post by Ikuto on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Scare

All of the mirrors in the house were covered. Its atmosphere definitely lived up to a haunted house. There were cobwebs in the corners, dust covering the floor and the abandoned objects around the house. The lights were broken, looking like white shells that could've held a nice warm light at one point.
Everything seemed to creak; the hardwood floor, the ceiling, the doors, everything. The shadows danced along the walls when touched by the dim light of the flashlight. The group of Halloween goers kept close together, as if frightened of what may happen if one of them strayed from the others.
"This is too much like a horror movie. Let's just leave." The quivering voice of a young boy dressed as a casual school boy whispered.
"Whu-? Oh, are you scared already? How cute." Sarcasm running rampant in her reply, a young girl dressed as a witch shot a glare at the boy dressed as a school boy.
"Ava, leave Rein alone." A teenager, one of the oldest of the group, snapped, adjusting the collar of his dress shirt.
"Claus, stop defending him. You should know it's useless by now." Ava sighed, messing with the ruffles in her skirt.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Improvising)
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Yuu's story

Click, click, click.
The slow murmur of people was dull and fading in and out as Yuu tried to focus. He focused on his own steps; the sound they made when they hit the stone walk, how much the sound would resound if it was quiet. He did this often; focusing on one sound to block out others. He had no interest at all to listen to the words of other people, especially if they were directed to someone else. He didn't like eavesdropping, though it was hard to avoid. His right side, right leg and left arm ached painfully as he walked across a busy intersection. He took a glance at the cars; their sleek bodies glowed under the neon lights of the advertisements above. Shadows blocked out the sky, with barely a sliver of moonlight appearing briefly here and there. Lights bounced off of some people; their cybernetic parts reflected the light easily. They had earlier models, when there was no way to conceal the cybernetics. People didn't complain though; if they had an accident that left them without a limb for life, they could always replace it with the cybernetic limbs. If they had problems seeing, they could get special additions to their eyes that enhanced their vision. The world was ruled by cybernetics. At some point, you would need a part or two to keep moving. Especially in the more slum-like areas in town.
People lived in a messed up city. People who had the money controlled everything, like usual. Those who did not have money had to work for those who did, earning a living only for it to possibly be taken away by other greedy people. Crime was rare, as no one dared to oppose the cyborg police who patrolled regularly. Punishments were harsh. Life was stressed. Just like usual.
Yuu sighed through his nose, the mixture of sounds finally reaching his ears. He found this deafening, dislikable. How could people go along with their business while almost all of them are suffering in some way? Or least appear to be suffering in some way. Yuu couldn't really understand it.
Everyone was fine with the set up of the world; domes wrapped around the city to purify air and make sure no disease travels around, a lot of plant life to constantly give oxygen, the advancements in technology that now allow working cybernetic limbs that are very close to actual limbs. Jobs rates were high, pay was good, but people will be people. Careless drivers, drunks, and more traveled along. Yuu himself was a victim of a careless driver; the driver didn't obey the street lights, ended up being chased by the cyborg police, and careened right in Yuu. If not for the medical science and technology humans have today, he definitely would've been dead. Instead, he managed to keep his life, but lost a good sized chunk of his right side, his right leg and his left arm. All of these were too damaged to heal, so they were replaced with cybernetics. Of course, the man went to jail and had to pay for Yuu's medical bills, which landed him in even more time due to the severity of Yuu's injuries, but still. Ever since then, Yuu didn't care much for people. The driver wasn't even sorry for almost killing Yuu.
Humans had come a long way since the past; the current date was November 16, 2084. Everything was peaceful, but many people who were alive in the past weren't anymore. Good riddance said some people while others dearly miss them. And by this, they are talking about celebrities and other so called important figures. Why did this matter in this time? The past is the past; it's better to learn from it and move on rather than wish people from the past were still here.
Yuu shivered slightly, pulling himself closer together. He really hated that he had to walk to his employer's place and back, but what else could he do? It's not like he could get in a car; he had motion sickness in them and he had trauma with them due to the fact that he was almost killed outside of one. Light-rails were out of the question too; people will be people and you never know what they have done on them. Bullet trains were also a bad idea; too fast and too crowded, and the same idea as with light-rails.
'At least I don't need to worry about going there anymore. My resignation should already have made it to the employer. And I already have another job lined up. I swear, things are too...Complicated now a days I suppose. Easy yet hard, but I doubt that makes sense.' Yuu thought to himself, stuffing his numb fingers into his pockets.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding the story)
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Morphs
'Today...Is another slow day, huh?' He thought to himself, pushing himself up into a sitting position in his bed. His lips parted just a bit before he let out a small exhale. It was warm in his bed, but just by sitting up, the cold air of the room nipped at his body. Sinking back under the covers, the young man sighed. He didn't want to get up. It was too cold. Plus, he had a nice sleep. Maybe he could get a few more hours...
"Get up! I swear you'll sleep forever if allowed!" A sharp knock and a high, penetrating voice shook the young man out of his half conscious state. He huffed through his nose and slid underneath the covers as if they would protect him. He didn't see why he had to get up so early in the morning. Couldn't he have some more sleep? "Oh, and please get out of the half morph unless you want to stay like that for today." The voice added, now not so high, but still, it pierced the young mans ears. He really didn't care if he forgot to get out of the morph. The phantom thief was nice enough not to care how much time he spent in the morph, even if that time is used for trivial things. All the phantom thief worried about was danger and how the young man used its abilities. Because of that, the young man would sometimes go to bed without getting out of the morph. Either way, it wasn't much harm to him.

Morphs are...Essentially contracts with spirits. In return for making a contract, which usually needs favors done to build a bond, the spirit helps the human and lends them their powers. Of course, this could change their appearance in a very small manner while also changing their skill-set and clothing. One spirit can be contracted to one person for the human's life time. There is no such thing as many masters. It's impossible since the spirit is bonded to the human once the contract is initiated. From there, the skill sets of the spirits can become the humans to control, along with becoming permanent to the human. Contracts can be broken at any time, but both parties must agree to break it in order for it to be completely broken.
Morphs are a bit more complicated. This is where the human and the spirit become one, but the spirits mind is shut down in the process. Basically, the spirit is aware of what is happening, but they cannot do a thing, not even talk. They are just an observer when the morph is in use. Half morphs allow the spirit more freedom, and they can communicate with the human they are contracted to, but it is a bit more stressful on the humans body.
All morphs and contracts are recorded in a large facility that the contracted humans must visit once every week to make sure they are doing fine. If a person has too many contracts or switches in between them too much, the person can be in a very bad state while their soul is close to being destroyed, and they would never know until it was too late. Because of this, visits to the SS facility is required.
There is only a few humans who can use morphs. Only because of how dangerous they are, and the danger of the area they have to go to.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Cheshire Cat
I stared into the window, watching Cheshire groom himself as he reclined on some dark pillows. Damn cat. Why won't he leave me alone? Not to mention, why don't the so-called treatments I receive ever work? No matter what, I always see Cheshire. No matter what.
Apparently, he felt my gaze as he looked at me. "Staring at me will gain nothing." He sighed out, stretching a bit before standing. The image of the room faded so only my reflection was there, and of course, Cheshire was standing in front of me. "Why won't you respond anymore? I call and call..." Cheshire whined, raising a hand. It made contact with the glass it seemed as it looked like it was against something. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before returning my attention to the front of the room. The teacher was explaining a problem that looked rather easy to figure out without using complicated steps.
"Hey, I know you can hear me." Cheshire called, seeming a bit annoyed. Here we go again. He's going to start whining about how I never give him attention. So what if he was a cat? He's fake. Just part of my mind. He's just a being I made when I was younger so I wouldn't feel lonely. So why is he still here when I'm fourteen? I'm over it. I got treatment. Why is he still bothering me? Why does he still exist?
"Because I'm not fake. I'm not some part of your imagination. I'm real." Cheshire would reason. How could he say that when he is always on the other side of a window or mirror? He's not real. If he was, he would have a physical form. Others would be able to see him. I wouldn't be branded as some crazy, gloomy kid. I just want this to end...I lowered my head until my forehead rested on my crossed arms. The polished, wood like surface of the desk felt cold on my face.
"Why don't you ever listen?"
'Because I don't want to.'

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:56 am

Libra
Kyo threw a glance behind him. The grass swayed, being pushed heavily to the side by the wind. There was no hint that just moments before he had waded through that green field. The sun beat down on his shoulders, increasing his weariness. He wanted to rest. But he couldn't. 'Those fools. They don't realize how bad the situation is.' Kyo thought, looking at the shining white town in front of him. Even from this distance, he could tell it was made of marble and it seemed to be so clean it sparkled. But...Kyo narrowed his eyes, watching the air suddenly switch to being dyed purple and black. 'The amount of greed, pride, hate...It's so strong here. It's repulsive.' Kyo thought. Pavo were sometimes called angels; all Kyo saw were birds who had grown fat with foolish thoughts. They thought the Corvus were monsters. That always made Kyo smile. Monsters calling others monsters amused him. The Pavo were just as what they were called for; pretty birds with no real talent. Only looks. They were even foolish enough to clip their wings back constantly, ruining the prospect of flying. Just who was the monster? Just who was the fool? Kyo certainly had answers to those questions, even if they would be insulting. But, its not like he had a choice in the matter. He either entered this town or collapsed from exhaustion. To him, collapsing seemed much better.

'This place would certainly make a very good nest for Shades.' Kyo thought, stumbling through the streets. Many of the Pavo, most freckled with their noses held high, shot glares his way. The Grus snickered at his weak steps. Sagittarii weren't received well with the Pavo. Pavo saw them as crazy scholars who were lying with every word that poured from their mouths. Kyo would always retort Look whose talking. Otherwise, Kyo was mostly left alone. They probably didn't want to "taint" themselves by interacting with a Sagittarii. That suited Kyo just fine. Though, it would probably make shelter a pain to get.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 am

Curse of the Shadows
You know that feeling you get in your heart; that heavy feeling that you strangely like? The feeling that spreads to your stomach before lingering for an unaccountable amount of time? Well, I felt that as I stared at the black tar-like substance that had began to flow slowly from my eyes and scratches. I began to tremble as my heart pounded against my chest. I was scared; I wanted to scream. But, I remained quiet and unable to move on my own accord as I watched the ooze trail down my face and body. The ooze was cool and actually felt kind of...comfortable. It didn't hurt; it didn't feel disgusting or horrible. It was okay. And that was the source of my fear. As the feeling of a snake nipping and hitting the sides of my stomach slowly turned into a slow, oozing feeling, my blurred vision turned into blindness.
My eyes shot open as I inhaled sharply. I had jolted into a sitting position immediately, my heart pounding painfully in my chest. However, with the familiar darkness and the warmth of the sheets below me helped calm down my frantic mind and heart. I cast my eyes to my left, and a rather long lump on the edge of my bed caught my eye. 'Not again. When is he going to learn?' I wondered as I shook my head in disappointment. He promised me he wouldn't sneak over but guess what? He broke it. I'm not surprised, but still. He's fourteen already. You would think he could sleep alone for once. Swinging my legs over the edge, the cold, polished wood floor sent chills up my spine. Sighing quietly, I got up and sneaked out of the room.

Bright, yellow-tinted lights illuminated the sky and the buildings, casting a rather calm atmosphere. But, as usual, there was that tense air. Would the barrier last the attacks of the Shades? Would it fall? Will we be able to count on those who fight them and go through the damned maze? I sighed out, watching my breath form a white cloud and dissipate in the air. It was annoying to hear these things whispered among the people. No one would dare get close to them. No one can care for them. No one wants to feel pain of the ones who perished, as it is almost inevitable that they will die. Not a guarantee of a quick death, but they would die. Whether if it is a day or a year, they will die. That's how dangerous their work is. If it can be called work. It was forced upon them by the people, just to see if they could extend their pitiful lives any farther. To see if the world wasn't completely infested with Shadows. To see if they had something to hope for.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Phantom

The same thing. It was always the same thing. He couldn't escape it. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't escape this never-ending cycle. It was boring him. He wanted free. He was sick of this cycle. It was wearing him down to the bone.
"I'm sick of it. I'm so sick of it."
Always, always...Every meeting was a first meeting. Countless first meetings, never a second or third or fourth. Always a first.
"Why..? Why, why, why..?"
He was so sick of it. Never had he gotten to have a second meeting. Never had he gotten to make acquaintances, nor friends. Never. He was sick of this vicious cycle. So sick of it. He wanted to scream. But he couldn't. Even if he were to, it wouldn't matter. His voice would never reach anyone. Never would it reach anyone.

"You know, you're a lost little lamb. Unable to do anything but pace around, waiting for the wolf to gobble you up or for the shepherd to save you. You always get a choice, but it is always lost before you can even acknowledge it."
That's how he felt. Always. He didn't need anyone to tell him this.
"No one can remember you. You're just a phantom, never to be seen, never to be heard. Never to be remembered."
He knew this. And he hated that very fact.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 12, 2014 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Improvising)
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 pm

These are pretty damn good, Ikuto. Really. In fact, I kind of wish you kept writing more on them, because I'd like to see how they end. Some slight grammatical errors, but we're not too big on Grammar Nazism here. Especially with how interesting they are.

I'm really sorry I didn't get around to reading this before. I had been so caught up in the RPG section, and that wasn't too admin-ly of me. I'll make an effort to check out all of the forum and check out everyone's works Smile

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Thank you. It's nice to know that some are interested in my writing. As for grammar errors...Let's just say I don't get much practice in correcting those so I don't notice any until it's probably too late, if I even notice them. But thank you! I will note that some of the stories are finished, but only a select few (like Pain and Phantom). The rest are essentially WIPs. Anyways, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read my writing.

Here we go again.’ A loud, guttural snore shattered the silence, followed by a snort. This happened every single morning. Usually in the early morning though. He would snore loudly, as if trying to drive everyone away. If no was awake and he started to snore, it sure was a decent wake-up call. The strident snores would annoy anyone enough to make them scream. Claus’ “companion” for this supposed journey knew this all too well. After all, I had to suffer it since childhood.
Goddamn…He’s annoying as hell and yet he expects me to stay calm with him. How irritating.’ The swaying of the loose door and of the passing landscape was often nauseating. On top of the droning sound of snoring, it was hell to be in the same area as him. It always was. It was worse when he was awake though.
Sliding open the door and quickly closing it and latching the lock, the different atmosphere from the room to the hallway was somewhat refreshing. Plus, the snoring was a bit muffled at least. The rumbling of the train was easy to hear from the hallway; somewhat easier than compared to the rooms.
Click, click.
Focusing on the sound of footsteps rather than the racket caused by the train, I walked down the aisles, my hands buried deep into my pockets. In the coach, no one was there since most would be asleep at this hour, so there was no heating. It was easy enough to be chilled to the bone, though it would be worse if the train had the same temperature as the air around it.
The sky outside was gloomy; dark gray clouds hung low, and there was very little light. You could barely tell it was sunrise by the red trying desperately to pierce through the storm clouds. Rows upon rows of seats extended forward and back, going so far as to become confusing as to where you are. Though not the best place to take a walk, it sometimes helps clear a mind or two.
Slowly, my steps came to a stop as something ahead shifted. I originally thought it was a shadow, but there wasn’t really much light to cast such a dark shadow, and nothing was here that could cast a moving shadow other than myself. Moreover, I was sure my shadow wasn’t a hulking mass of what appeared to be some sort of bubbling, shifting liquid. Exhaustion, right? It was just that I was tired so my mind was playing tricks on me. There’s no way something like that could exist. As soon as I walk past it, it’ll disappear, right? That’s how it usually works, or at least I would think it works that way. So, ignoring the nauseous, nervous feeling bubbling inside me, I started to walk again. This was just something that I was imagining since I was tired. ‘Monsters don’t exist; they’re only stories. The weather and time have made me paranoid. That’s all.’ Desperately trying to calm my mind down, I continued to walk, my pace slowly becoming faster. I was used to becoming paranoid, suddenly thinking monsters exist. It was just a part of me. So, you could say I was used to such a thing as feeling as if something that was lurking behind me was getting ready to kill me or that there was something hiding around a corner ready to lop my head off. But, something appearing straight in front of me in a visible shape? First time for everything, though I’d rather not have such a sickening image imprinted in my mind of a few days.
The shape turned and there was a slight falter in my steps. This time I continued to walk, my pace becoming almost akin to speed walking. My heart felt like it was in my head, and I was dizzy. It was easy enough to say that I would need to turn around and go back to the room soon. And I would, as soon as I got a snack from the diner cab ahead.
The shadow slithered over the seats and aisle, acting as if everything was intangible. But, as I passed it and it passed me, there was something noticeable left on the seats. A thin layer of hazy, smoky slime. A wet, disgusting feeling started to settle on my left cheek and shoulder, the same side as the seats. Raising my hand, I used the back of it to wipe my cheek and brushed off my shoulder, a grimace set on my face. I was just imagining this. I went to sleep without a shower, so I was feeling rather grimy, right? That had to be it. As I gripped the slit in the door that would open to the next cabin, a heavy scent of iron hit me. It was suffocating, and it was something I’d had much acquaintance with, but not to this degree. Looking from side to side, I tried to find the supposed source of the iron. Maybe it had rained and I was simply smelling the wet metal of the train. As I set that as my explanation, I opened the door and something crashed against the ground at my feet. Gagging, I covered my mouth and stepped back. ‘…What?’ Only one thought ran through my mind as I stared at the corpse at my feet. It looked to have been eaten away by something. And it was covered in the same smoky slime that had covered the seats. Taking a few more steps back, a cold, wet feeling covered my back. The feeling seemed to spread before something wrapped around my body and suddenly pulled back. Immersed in darkness and slime, my mind was overrun by fear and shut down.
●◆●◆●◆●◆●

“Idiot. What the hell was that for?” Claus growled gravelly, rubbing his chin. Groaning, I rubbed my forehead. “I was trying to wake you up and what do you do? Hit me in the freaking face.” Claus spat out, hitting my head rather hard with his knuckles.
“You’re the guy who said it’s never good to wake someone up if they’re having a nightmare. Next time, follow your own damn advice.” Grumbling a retort, my venomous tone was forced.
“Whatever, little Kie.” Claus rumbled, walking away while stretching. Sighing, I laid back down on the bed, feeling even more exhausted than I would have if I had run all day for a full day without rest. Moreover, that nightmare was a bit strange. It didn’t even seem like a dream, but it had to be one. Then again, with what it was, it was too out of this world to be reality, so it had to be a dream. Plus, I wasn’t in the corridor of the train, I was in the room, which wouldn’t make sense in the real world. There’s no way it could’ve happened. “Oh, and Kie, clean up your cheek and put a bandage on. That spot doesn’t look too good.” Claus called from the other room. Getting up, I managed to wobble over to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, it was easy enough to tell what mark Claus was talking about. My left cheek was covered in little, deep scratches, the skin around them looking dark, as if bruised. Even though I was curious as to how the scratches got there, I didn’t pay it much mind and went along with a daily routine of cleaning myself up.
●◆●◆●◆●◆●

“Have we reached the destination?” Murmurs ran amok that night in the diner car as the train squealed to a halt. The lights above flickered on and off, and the whispering grated on the little nerves I had left after today. With all the crap Claus gave me, I wasn’t in a good mood and this was making it worse. Couldn’t I have a meal in peace?
Claus was looking over the seat, his fork still placed in his mouth. He looked like an idiot caught off guard, to be honest. But, everyone was acting like an idiot here, so I couldn’t single him out, sadly. The other people around us were gawking, whispering, and murmuring and snickering to each other, but nervous glances around gave away their confusion. Sighing heavily through my nose, I dropped my fork and raised myself up off the chair. Shoving my hands into my pockets, I started to exit the room, but paused when I heard a collective gasp. I didn’t stay long after the screams.

Last edited by Ikuto on Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next