Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 2:00 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:51 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Red Queen {APP Thread}
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm by boyhoy

» Red Queen: Shatter the Mirror
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am by WritingBookworm

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies – Incalescent [REVIVAL RP]
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:13 pm by Kane

June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Is there something wrong?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is there something wrong?

Post by Bat on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 pm

I wasnt asking or demanding anyone to apologize to me. I just want to know what is wrong with the RPG.

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:14 pm

A rebuttal to Vest: 

I actually joined this site way after is was created & my RPGs are (usually) popular (for example, FT, among others) so that's not completely true. While it does help to know people, it isn't necessary; you just need to know your audience. I happen to be happy with magic-related/magic-based RPGs and so it works out fine. You have to create the RPG for the people because people's tastes matter if you want people to join your RPG.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Ok but still I want it to be active. Do you think i should revise it?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Try revising it to make it simpler/more easily explainable. Dumb it down so that you can introduce ideas as the RPG progresses. That might help. I'm not sure, however, just because futuristic RPGs are not really a main genre here. In any case, revising it can only help, so I'd say go for it.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:40 pm

I think there's a number of reasons that your RPG hasn't had anybody join. I agree with what Ace said about how many people here aren't into that style of RPG and it just didn't connect with the audience. We only have a handful of members that come on and most have very similar tastes in RPGs, which yours doesn't fit into. It's not a bad thing at all, it's just that it isn't what people are into.

Another major factor is time. As Vest pointed out, we're in school and it's really hard for people to log on all the time and join new RPGs. I know a lot of people that want to make RPGs but are waiting until the summer when more people log on constantly in order to RPG.

Also in regards to what Vest said, I don't think it has anything to do with when people joined the site or who makes the RPG. For example, ~Dylan Battle~ joined the site 7 months after it was created yet people have been commenting on and reading his story he recently posted. Also, I've made RPGs that never got to start because there weren't enough people interested as well as RPGs that died out early on because people stopped RPing. The creator has nothing to do with it. The story is what counts.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:43 pm

Then you are suggesting I forget that RPG I made for some of my time?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

I know how you feel, I have spent hours, sometimes days making rpgs. Then they turn out to flop. I agree it is about the story and not the person.

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Salphirix on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:03 pm

I know it's been repeated, and I apologize for posting it over after it's been said, but a big factor is that most people here aren't huge fans of Sci-Fi and Futuristic RPGS. We're more of a Fantasy/Medieval/Magical kind of RP site (even though it's not categorized at it, it's just that's the majority of the RPs that are made.) I personally didn't join because I find Sci-Fi RP's as a turn off, it's not a bad thing you like those kind of RP's by the way, it makes you different and that's perfectly fine, but you need to remember that all the members here don't look at it the same way you do.
Another thing I think you could change, and yes It's been said, is the huge front post. I did try to read through it and look at all the pictures but I easily got confused with all the cities and technology, I think I missed where the plot of the RP was too.
Lastly, something that isn't too big of a deal but I thought I should mention, is that you should wait till you post the actual RP thread. But this is only a minor thing so it can be ignored. >.<

Also, as Vest said in his post, we're a "clique" and we join only RPGS that are made by the main members. That's not entirely true and I honestly hate it when that word is used... I have seen RPG's not work out very well or not have enough people to start made by Admins or commonly known people on the site or by close friends of my own. Plus, you do have to take into account even if we have over 70 members it's always the same 15 people roleplaying together who generally like the same things with our own tastes of course, so there's going to be a lot of the same people creating RPG's and joining them.

Oh, and I don't think that's what he's saying Batspiderman... But I know I had an RPG that I was super excited for but only lasted 4 posts. :/ It's disappointing yea, but don't let it get you down, just take it as an experience of what you could do next time you post an RPG! (:

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://dragcave.net/user/Salphirix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:27 pm

I have to agree with Variel's first paragraph (not that I disagree with the rest but I'm focusing on her first o-o). I'm a fantasy-futuristic kind of RPGer, and even then, I find it difficult to join some, which leads me to default to modern/medieval stuff. It's because of how intricate, however fascinating, the future can be. A lot of it has to do with technological and scientific process, which is quite hard for people to wrap their heads around.

The trick to getting a good futuristic RPG going is to try and simplify it, without making it too boring. I think Infinity's Row kind of falls under the futuristic RPG category, but Hermy made a balance between realistic and fantasy. I've frequently thought up ones with time-travel and interacting universes. While cool as heck, it would never have worked out because it was so complicated. Maybe scaled down.

Also: everyone has an RPG that utterly flops. It actually happens in the real world too - be it a movie, or a book. I've had some, boyhoy has some, and I think even Nee-chan has had some. While disappointing, it's good to take a step back, review, and learn from the mistakes; maybe in the future, repost and see how it turns out.

I think another important factor is the timing. To be honest, this is sort of not entirely a good time to be posting RPGs. Everyone has finals, midterms, and other colorful, fun things to do before the academic year is up. Summer is a good time to post, because that is when the forum thrives more. (The forum stats are the complete opposite of what I am saying, but as we've been up for only 10-11 months now, weird fluctuations happen.)

Don't forget this RPG - if it's your first one, or if it's one in a thousand. One day you can come back to it and improve upon it. I know I've been helping you as much as I could, but in the end, I cannot visualize your final product. You are the story teller, the artist, the director.

Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Parallax wrote:I have to agree with Variel's first paragraph (not that I disagree with the rest but I'm focusing on her first o-o). I'm a fantasy-futuristic kind of RPGer, and even then, I find it difficult to join some, which leads me to default to modern/medieval stuff. It's because of how intricate, however fascinating, the future can be. A lot of it has to do with technological and scientific process, which is quite hard for people to wrap their heads around.

The trick to getting a good futuristic RPG going is to try and simplify it, without making it too boring. I think Infinity's Row kind of falls under the futuristic RPG category, but Hermy made a balance between realistic and fantasy. I've frequently thought up ones with time-travel and interacting universes. While cool as heck, it would never have worked out because it was so complicated. Maybe scaled down.

Also: everyone has an RPG that utterly flops. It actually happens in the real world too - be it a movie, or a book. I've had some, boyhoy has some, and I think even Nee-chan has had some. While disappointing, it's good to take a step back, review, and learn from the mistakes; maybe in the future, repost and see how it turns out.

I think another important factor is the timing. To be honest, this is sort of not entirely a good time to be posting RPGs. Everyone has finals, midterms, and other colorful, fun things to do before the academic year is up. Summer is a good time to post, because that is when the forum thrives more. (The forum stats are the complete opposite of what I am saying, but as we've been up for only 10-11 months now, weird fluctuations happen.)

Don't forget this RPG - if it's your first one, or if it's one in a thousand. One day you can come back to it and improve upon it. I know I've been helping you as much as I could, but in the end, I cannot visualize your final product. You are the story teller, the artist, the director.

I agree, especially with the third paragraph, since joining both this forum and W101 central, I've had, out of about 15 I created, only 2 (partially) succeed. While I, quite often, thought I should just give up on RPG creation, i decided to continue working hard, and I'm working on about 3 project right now. as everyone else has said, we seem to lean towards fantasy, and while I like most genre of RPG, I'd have to agree that Fantasy ones may be my favorite, but it doesn't mean that I'll only join one of them. As I said, I agree with what Parallax says. my first RPG, actually my first Post, was called Medieval Magic RPG, and it failed, quite frankly failed, but then, as Parallax said, I went back to it, remade it, edited it, and i got it to work (if you call five pages success). but yeah, no matter what, don't stop trying, because eventually an idea will work!
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top