FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Publishing TDC Part 1 onto Fanfiction.net

Go down

Publishing TDC Part 1 onto Fanfiction.net

Post by Adrian on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:44 am

So, I've gotten some semi-good reviews from my series of fan-fics, and I have an account on fanfiction.net just waiting for stuff to be put onto it.

Should I publish The Forgotten Camp? I will be making some edits and such, but I want it up by at least tomorrow. Just give it one more look through and give me an honest review. Don't bash, but point out things that could use some fixin's.

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Re: Publishing TDC Part 1 onto Fanfiction.net

Post by Adrian on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:08 am

I'll post the revised version here.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Go ahead, I'd like to see it. Smile

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Carrie by Stephen King
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XV
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 pm

K, I'm sort of an idiot when it comes to that site. Let's just see how chapter 1 looks.

Chapter I

I stood at the ridge of the rocky Mount Ka'ala, an extinct, yet gorgeous shield volcano, wrapping up the last tour of the mountain before break. Instinctively, I squinted at the crowd as the sun reached its peak in the cloudless sky. At this point, I was getting a little sloppy - lunch time was calling my name.

"And so, Waka found the lovers and cursed Laiekawahe for taking the wrong husband, angry that a grandson would not become a chief," I finished the Hawaiian legend, as children and some adults listened, captivated and amazed.

A short and rather fat kid with an Avenger's shirt stood up in the mild spring heat after sitting cross-legged. "So.... that's it? No happy ending?"

I shrugged and looked at him. "Some myths don't have a happy ending. They just explain why stuff exists, such as surfing," I explained, as if I was reciting lines. The child looked disappointed, but nodded, satisfied with my answer. It wasn't uncommon that someone piped in with a question like that. Everyone expects myths to be just the same as fairytales. But they aren't. In fact, myths are closer to real life than fairy tales ever will be.

I was the youngest tour guide ever, at the age of 17, and I already knew more than some of the other guides. Unfortunately, that meant this was probably the best job I could find. Nowhere else in Oahu could I work. For some reason, they never accepted my applications, or they got lost. I was beginning to feel like my summer would once again become a huge disappointment, just like the kid was disappointed with the legend of Laiekawahe and the origin of surfing.

Poor Damien Ferrera, right?

As the tourists left, snapping pictures of grass and clouds and stuff, I headed to the summit. After the tours, I liked to be at peace, maybe even connect with the ancient legends.

However, when I reached the peak of the eroded, black, sleeping rock, I was met by another person. He had blond hair, pale skin, blue eyes, and a moderately tall and muscular stature. There was a tribal-like tattoo on his right arm. He had his arms crossed.

He was most definitely not Hawaiian.

. . .

I stared at the ominous figure in front of me. He seemed like he was more than what he seemed - a 16 year old boy, with icy blue eyes and a powerful presence. It felt like he was from a different place, or even a different time.

He blinked, then smiled. "Nice to finally meet you, Damien." As he spoke, the air cooled - but not uncomfortably. I took a step forward, asking, "Who are you?" The wind slowly picked up.

He looked down at the plain below us. Grass began rolling in waves - not an uncommon sight, but a breathtaking one nonetheless, even for a native. "My name is Adrian Volkov. But my identity isn't important - it's yours. You have an awareness of Hawaiian legend, right?"

Woah. This kid knew a lot. But then again, I was known for being a myth nut. I loved Greek and Roman mythology as much as Hawaiian. Even so, I have never seen Adrian before in my life... at least, I didn't think so.

"Yeah. What's it to you?" I asked, defensively. This kid was a little pushy, to be honest. I hated pushiness.

He just grinned. "Believe me, I just want to make sure I got the right person. Anyways, I am not here to talk about the legends you are familiar with. I am here to discuss... something you aren't aware of."

I squinted my eyes. I didn't understand. I was Damien Ferrera, a Hawaiian-born guy with a 3.5 GPA and a nearly nonexistent social circle. Why did he talk like there was something more to me?

He nodded as if he knew what I was thinking. For all I knew, he did. But before he could speak, the temperature plummeted, and the air grew ominously still. Adrian widened his eyes slightly. Staring past my shoulder, he whispered, "Don't move." Tiny water droplets formed around the peak of Mount Ka'ala, and soon the place was surrounded by fog.

A hulking, humanoid form walked past me, nearly freezing my blood and making the hairs on my neck stand on end. He wore what looked like rags, and had icy, blue skin. His hair was covered in frost, and he smelled like frost-burnt meat. Adrian only looked at him in slight disbelief. "A jötunn. This is way beyond your realm. How on earth did you - "

"SILENCE!" He shouted, slamming the earth with his spiked club. Definitely the impatient type. "I wish only to deal with the other demigod for now. You may wait, son of Odin," he sneered. Adrian wavered, then stood his ground.

The jötunn turned to me, his ghastly gaze hammering me into the ground. "I see I interrupted your little epiphany ceremony. I'll cut it short - I'm running out of time. At least you'll know who you are before you are killed. Most demigods don't get the chance." I gaped, staring.

"I don't understand. I want to know more. Please, just let me - " My stammering was cut off by a sudden, earth-shattering sonic boom. A sound wave emanated from Adrian's outstretched hands. The jötunn stumbled and fell as Adrian tossed me a razor sharp battle axe. For a moment, I had thought he just yanked it out of thin air, but as I watched the water crystals melt into the light-blue steel, it became apparent that the weapon formed from ice.

I expected the hulking thing to rip my arms off from the weight - but somehow, I managed to keep on my two feet. Adrenaline, I supposed. "Damien, take care of him," he said, a determined look on his face. I raised the axe, shakily. The jötunn just laughed as he looked up. He was so huge. There's no way I could take him down...

"Foolish child. You will never learn how to be a true Nordic. NEVER! NEV - " He was cut off as I brought the axe down, catching him in the chest. It was almost too easy - as if he wanted me to kill him....

What should have been a wound existed a gaping void, slowly sucking in the surroundings like a black hole. The monster, along with the fog, was sucked up in it, until it closed completely with a roar. The regular Hawaiian air returned as if nothing had happened. I was still holding the axe. I blinked, unsure of myself. "Did I just...."

Adrian spoke up. "He's fine, unfortunately. He is reforming in Jotunheim as we speak, no doubt holding the same grudge against me..." He looked at the peak, taking a stone out of his pocket.

"As for us, we should be returning...." He looked over at me. "You OK?"

I nodded. "That pulse... what was that?" 

Adrian looked at his hands. They were scarred and rough. "I named it 'Odin's Voice,' but really, I can create any kind of sound. It's my demigod power. Well, one of them." As he wiggled his fingers, silver wisps twirled between his hands, with spectral emanations whispering across the peak.

I stared at him, trying to come to grips with what just happened. "Is it... is it really true? I mean, I have seen some weird stuff, but......" Adrian just nodded. "Yes, Damien. I hate to be blunt, but there isn't any other way to sugar coat it now. The Greek myths, the Roman, the Native American.... All are still alive to this day. They survive because of the Western world, influencing our daily lives, but also because of the people that acknowledge their existence. This includes all of the demigods as well. And you.... you are a Norse demigod."

He tossed his stone in front of him. After about 3 yards of sailing through the mountain air, it stopped, just feet above the ground. It spun and spun, until vibrant lines criss-crossed the stone, separating into six pieces. They revolved around one focal point, going faster, until a bright, fluorescent blue light glowed, and a wormhole-like tunnel formed. I took a tentative step back. Like hell I was going in there. 

"What the - where does that go?" I stammered. Adrian just grinned again, and I had a feeling he got a kick out of crazy stuff like this.

"Come on. This leads to Ancient Midgard, a hidden part of the human world, and to Camp Odin. Once we are safely there, I will explain further. The Nordic realm is a little more complicated than the other." The tunnel howled, spewing a blizzard unlike anything I had seen... on television. It wrapped around us, eventually pulling Adrian and I in.

I shut my eyes and prayed to God, Odin, Zeus, Kāne, whichever deity was now in charge of my life, that I would make it.

Questions? Comments? Looks of scorn? Lay 'em on me.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 pm

In no way do i mean be mean.

1. I think that you rushed his personality to much. Unless this was meant to just give a brief backdrop for the character. Of course, this IS a fanfiction so it was maybe (idk) made to be written in the Rick Riordan style, so i support fully how your describing your story.

question: Is this a brief chapter, or is there more to it?

2. I like how you try to tell a story but keep it within limits. Some people including me, pay a lot or a MASSIVE attention to detail, which can possibly ruin the moment, or make it better. To each it own. So i give you props for that Wink

Comment: Great story, very straight to the point and clearly written!

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Thanks for the honest feedback, Icicle King. I do have a tendency to glaze over the personality. I'll work on that.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:37 pm

I'll try and add more to it. There is some back story I can have for Damien.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down