Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:55 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [Applications Thread]
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:14 am by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:33 pm by Kane

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

As Night Falls

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As Night Falls

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Postclassical Era
Somewhere in Europe

Walk away, walk faster.

“Jace, stop lying to me. You killed her.” His arms cupped her shoulders. Feeling like a pillow to lean on.

“I didn’t kill her, please believe me.” In the moonlight his eyes gleamed pink. Like the roses he gave her on her coronation.

“I hate you, Jace. Let me go.” She tried to pull away, with no success.

“You're not going anywhere until you believe me.” His eyes turn from the delightful salmon to blood red.

Fangs took the place of his canines, and his peach skin was flushed out by a horrifying pale color. His thick black hair soaring around his neck and turning blonde. Corona took a step back, but felt as if she was locked in a straight jacket. Her eyes turned blue.

“You’ll never find him. Ever since you killed her I hid him from you. He’ll never know who you are. Not if you live for a millenia. He’s stronger than you, and the only pure blood born to Royalty. He’s even blessed.”

If not the horrifying face Jace dawned was not terrifying enough. Jace’s veins bulged from his neck. Claws replace his nails. He staggered toward Corona, as if checking her.

“You would never bless him. Then you would never be able to see him again.”

“The price is hefty, but the gift… is amazing.” A smile cracked on her delicate cheek bones.

A swift motion brought Corona to the ground. Jace grabbed her throat as he knelt in front of her. His breaths like stone grinding against gravel. Corona’s like steal against stone. She smiled, proud of her consequences as much as her reward.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now, dearest.” His mouth moments away from her ear.

She whispered it into his ear. A crack scattered the woods, seconds later.

~*~

“ He’s on our trail already. Does the baby have enough speed?” A youthful voice calls from ten yards across.
The wilderness was perfect travel under these circumstances. The child was even more talented than they expected. The trees performed as obstacles and opportunities for hiding in the air if anything went astray.

Little foot steps could be heard as loud as a bee buzz. A brush of black crossed Anther’s head. His speed was impeccable. They were in the roughest sense traveling at horse speed. His small mouth grinned.

“How long are we running Uncle?” His voice as light as the non-existent clouds.

“Until we reach Nox.” He said.

Questioning, the boy asked, “What’s that?”

“Our home, son. Our home.” Pier gladly shouted over the stabbing wind.

~*~
1800’s
New York

Why did they have to separate. A pair as best matched as them should never tear apart.

The dress they had bought her was lavishing, it was her favorite color, black. Her hair complimented her dress, as it was tied  in pigtails. Her little thumbs twittled.

“ I know this is going to be hard for you. Since you aren’t like… us.”

Lily stopped playing.

“Don’t worry, we have an idea.”

The voices that were speaking to her came from a young couple forward of her. A lady with fair skin and green eyes, beautiful in any comparison. Dark amber hair complimented the husband. His skin a light caramel, and his hair longer than Lily’s. It was beautiful to look at, but what really took his appearance away. His eyes were different, one way grey, the other a golden yellow.

“Heterochromia?” Lily announced.

“What’s that?” The man announced, his eyes questioning the girl.

“Your eyes are different colors. It’s called Heterochromia.” Lily guided her finger as she went.

“How did you know that?” She asked.

“My brother used to tell me things he learned in school.” Lily began to twiddle with her thumbs again.

“That’s great honey. Now you're coming to live with us. You’ll go to school, learn new things and learn a new language. You're going to love Lux.” Her newly adopted mother swooned.

“What’s Lux?”

“The City of Angels.”

"Turn the lights off and everything becomes real."
~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: As Night Falls

Post by Paradox on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Interesting, going to keep reading
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks Smile

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Honey Dew

Lux

Lily could get used to a city in the sky. Since she didn't breath she was totally fine being 50,000 feet in the air. The one thing she hated was the sun. Being so close to the horizon terrified her more than acne.

Lily let go of white bridge railings.  Her white dress limited her ability to run. The growing wings on her back were even more uncomfortable.

"Lillium, come inside for supper." Her mother called from across the right bridge.

Their estate was connected by four different interconnected bridges. The right lead to the family rooms, such as the dining room, living area, and gameroom. The left the bathing room, pools of hot steaming water that used to evaporate on her skin. Up and lower were used as exits. On top of this everything was blessed to float.

Lillium hadn't been the same since the experiment.  She had finally became like everybody else. She had finally became an Angel. Her pale skin flourished into olive. Her eyes turned from charcoal to a warm pumpkin orange. She had developed wings, the real thing. It was all because of her father, Professor Exavian. He built the technologies used all around the city.

" Darling Lillium how I've missed you."

Her father was finally coming home today.

~*~
Somewhere In England

Gemness stepped off the stool sporting a brand new suit and grabbed the pouch off the tailor’s desk. Then he smiled and gave the man the entire thing. scribbled down a piece of

“My greatest thanks.” The young man said. He was a fair height and built in a lean format. His hair was long, because wizards weren’t supposed to cut their hair. Everything about his hair, eyes, and clothes were pumpkin colored. He sported a vest and tie for finish.

“No thank you, Phireo. I hope your shipment comes in no less than a week.” Gemness flashed a toothy grin and started towards the door. His grin never fading as he went.

“My business is counting on it. If we don’t have those ingredients buy tomorrow. They’ll cut my funding, and if they do that, Werewolves know who my supplier is.” He grabbed his checkbook and scibbled something then ripped it out and handed it to Gemness.

“Take that to Nox, I’ve hear your going there tommorow, and I need Li to get something for me.” Phireo put his over coat on and grabbed his cane.

“The messenger boy? He’s only fourteen, in human years.” Gemness gave a sideways glance to Phireo.

“I have my reasons. Now get out of my shop before the cloaking spell wears off.”

~*~
New York
December 12, 1830

Blood, that was all she saw. A crimson colored messed splattered all over her brother’s shop. The scent, stronger and more pungent than she would imagine. Her fangs stated t come out, but how would she coup with this incident.

Closing hours.

“Clean up this mess, right now, Elisia.” Oliver Rue grinded his teeth.

The dark haired blue eyed demon did nothing.

“Now, Elisia. Or i’ll take this to Cooper.”

Guinevere never wanted to remember this again. Elisia dragged the body to the back and then returned with a sponge and water. Oliver grabbed his neck, and cringed. Then he took out something and gave it to Guin.

“Go take that to dad. Let him know that Standward's dead. Don’t tell him about Elisia.”

“As usual, dearest.” Elisia spoke, never looking up from the blood.

Guinever hissed at her. Then made her way towards the exit. The scum of them all, she always referred to her as. Even though she knew that Oliver’s wife used to be the nicest, most loving person she ever met.

“Before I go, stop feeding your wife so much beer, and maybe she’ll be decent.” On that note she took off into the night.

~*~
New York City
Lux Councellet
Royal Gardens, Lux

Father never came back. Which only meant one thing. The War wouldn’t end. They had killed him in Chicago. He was on a missionary trip. Her mother died soon after. Which meant the only person in line was.

“ We have agreed that the Weren have declared war on Lux and everyone that stands in agreement with code 912 section b of authorization. Anyone disagreeing with this should take it up with Commander Effician herself.” Chancellor Cover says and gives a graceful hand to the commander. she had never worn such a illuminating pearl color before. The tail was sixteen feet long and her arm length cloth a little shorter. Her hair had grown long in the past thirty years. Her skin like porcelain and her eyes an icy blue. She was finally coming to age.

For ninety Lillium didn’t look so bad.

She was the first female commander to ever lead. since being at peace for more than five hundred years.
Her father would be so proud of her if he hadn’t been assassinated. Lily stepped up to the over stretching stadium in the royal garden. It was beautiful and plant life gleamed, purple roses, lilies, sugar blossoms, and her favorite, honey succles.

“Thank you for being here today for the twelve hundredth annual Light festival. Unfortunately we are gathered here today to also memorials Councilman, Professor, and father, Exavian Effician. Who brought us to the age of technology that we are here with today. After years of recovering lost plans, I give to you one of my father’s most greatest inventions ever, the Sentangel.” Lily raised her hand and a white blanket fell down behind her.

The sentangel was a glorious masterpiece. The frame made out of steel, and the plates of illuminated pearl diamond, unbreakable. The eyes were made of glass, and the wings on it’s back like bats. This was the new generations of weaponry.

“Each sentangel is equipped with helium beam magic. They are equipped with speech recognition matching the same as humans. They are equipped with sixteen different languages. Every officer must have a Sentangel at arm at all times. These are drastic times. Each household will be equipped with one Sentangel, which will act as a guard if we are attacked. My soldiers will be tested to see if they ae fit for our operations. Currently, each person in the Royal Gardens has been tested in their sleep. You are now equipped with the SA bug, if anyone does not have this bug in the, please report to HQ in Royal Guard.”

Mumblings were heard through the crowd. Of course Lillium was not shaken. If a spy were to be in the Royal Gardens they could be tracked immediately without any hastle. Her father left every detail in his recording, as if he knew there was a war brewing.

“One day we might be able to look back at this, proud and strong. This war will end soon, my fellow angels. We will purge the evil from this world one by one. If anyone stands against us, they will fall.”

Shouts, roaring of applause made it’s way across the twelve hundred acre land. Lux would be at it’s peek, and everyone will know who Commander Lillium Vigres Effician is and was.

Then there was fire.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Sorry it took SO LONG and also sorry it's like, uber short. but please enjoy.

Chapter 2: Dealing With Them

Nox
The Round Table
the Day Before The Fire

Things had changed in the last four hundred years that was Gemness Overton’s life.

It was dark, odd and very humid. The officials mumbled to themselves, at
the massive oval stone carved table where they were residing. You could only describe this as a vampires meeting, there was no light, because they could all see as clear as day. There was no noise, because the vampires spoke so fast no mere mortal ears could hear them. Of course, Gemness wasn’t a mortal at all.

Most of the officials looked like they were in their late twenties. Of course they were about a millennia old and took an extra concoction for their youth. Vampires did grow old and looks, and these vampires made sure that that didn’t happen.

“We have come to the agreement that Nox needs your assistance in the war. The angels have declared war on Nox as well, and we need your assistance with … demolition and destruction.” The oldest of them all spoke across the table.

“ I cannot do that … you know for a fact Gravius that i have ties their, both personal and business like.” Gemness redirects the say with as much force as possible.

Mumbles.

Gemness began to shift in his chair. The vampires making regular eye contact with him. Then the mumbles came to grumbles, and to steady voices. Then shouting in frustration. Like Gem had set fire to their parade.

“It only seems fit that you serve your fellow kind. If not, we’ll take you off of the elysium board.” Gravious growled.

“As if that really matters Gravious. There are more important things at stake here.” Gemness gets up from his place and grabs his briefcase in a swift motion.

“Your father has sided with the werewolves this time.”

Gemness stops mid stride.

“What?” Gemness turns around on one foot. Then looks blankly at the stone table.

“He said that it was finally time for the Vampire kingdom to fall. Now what do you say to that Gemness?”  The voice spoke again.

“Li, it is not to your benefit to bribe me. I do not take kindly to girfs like you.” Gemness said.

“Girf, what about that speakasia that you wire money into. That could get your little flapper girlfriend and  her family in serious amounts of trouble.” Li hit like a cobra.

“How did you know about that.” It was more of a statement than a question. His eyes were now a burnt orange.

“I have my connections Gem. Someone was murdered there a few nights ago. One of the wizards.” Li said.

With a quick and even-toned breath, he stiffly put his briefcase down and took out a leather pouch. Inside was a glass flask which contained a dark, thick, ingredient. Words were painted onto the front round side.

Li sat bolt upright. The Vampirican became unsteady once again.

“ Now, as you see here today gentlemen and ladies. This is the Cryzkat, in Evangelican it means “firebreather”. For years now I have been searching for this very ingredient. This is the next level of vampirican technologies.” Gemness set it down on the table slowly.

“Gemness, how did you obtain such a-” Li stuttered.

“ My friend, or as you double-minded simpletons called her “flapper”. Has the blood of an angel, as well as a vampire. She gave me a mix of her blood. Combining RNA with foreign RNA. It created this.” Gemness pulled a skinny thin pure white flask out of another pouch.

Gravious shifted unevenly. “How does the young lady have that type of heritage?”

“ No questions will be answered. This elixir will give the taker the power of fire. I’m sure no vampire has such a power.” Gemness said.

Li moved once again.

“You may have this on one condition. That bar stays open, and it WILL not close.” Gemness lifted his hand in agreement.  “Agreed?”

Everyone shook their head in approval.

“Great, now if you excuse me I’m late for my own engagement party.”

~~~
New York City, New York
Rue Manor

Guin looked up the double spire staircases. Her eyes showed her constant thoughts. She was waiting for something. Something good to come from the pearl stairs. Music came from the  ballroom, and the kitchen was busy with making delicacies. Laughter came from the lounge room.

“Wow you look magnificent in that candy red dress. Your mother would be so proud of you.” Her father said.

He was about forty in looks. He liked to looked grown and didn’t use any elixirs sold at Gem’s shop. Guin didn’t age, so it would be odd for her father to look exactly like her. He was matching in clothes. A candy red tie suited his apple red eyes, and his tuxedo complimented his dark black hair which was smooth against his scalp like tidal waves.

“Have you heard from Gem yet? He said he would be back at eleven.” Guin said.

As in reassurance, her father put her hand on her back. She bit her glossed lips in frustration. Then fiddled with her curly amber hair.

“He can’t be too far he wouldn’t miss his own engagement party. Have some wine, since only half of the guests drink regular wine.” Her father was very light-hearted.

Guin waved the advice away and scurried to the ball room. Cooper followed briskly behind her. Oliver stood drinking blood wine at the refreshment table. With one pinch of her eye, the glass shattered, and the contents evaporated before hitting the floor.

“Have you seen Gemness, Oliver. He’s late, and I don’t know where he is.”

“Why did you do that?” He questioned, eyes buried in her soul.

“I’m stressed Oliver, I do things without thinking.” Guinevere wiped the sweat that was forming on her forehead.

“ Guin, it’s going to be okay. You know he’s always busy.” Oliver said as he poured blood wine into a bigger glass.

“Give me some.” She grabbed the glass and poured it down her throat, then in a blink of an eye, grabbed another and was headed towards the exit.

~~~
Gemness got out of the automobile faster than light traveled to Earth. He stumbled up the grand staircase and crashed through front double doors commando style. He then took to making his way to the ballroom.

Guinevere appeared by the exit. Her eyes were redder than the bloodwine she had just consumed.

“Guin, I am so sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t fix it. You are fifteen minutes late. I have drank TWELVE glasses of bloodwine. Consumed twenty pieces of lamb, and have covered every square inch of this manor looking for you!” Guinevere said.

“ They knew, Li knew about the illegal alcohol. You need to be more careful next time. I gave them the serum.” Gemness tried to speak faster than his brain could process, and his brain could process faster than anyone he knew. Except for the Cooper family.

“You know what,  you're forgiven. Speeches are starting in the ballroom and we need to be in there.” Guin said.

Then there was blood.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

What? Guin?? HOLLA! I recognize that name c:

Looks good Dylan! Love it so far and can't wait for more!
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LordSquiddles on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:28 am

Another fantastic work of writing Dylan. I see a few familiar names.

I look forward to reading more!
LordSquiddles
Novice Creator
Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Ah... Shucks! thanks guys Smile

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Wow 100+ views! Thanks guys  Very Happy 

Chapter 3: Rookies
The Fire
Lux
Royal Gardens

Although Lily was overqualified, nothing prepared her for what was to come. Not military training, starvation tests, or radiation exposures; this was a thing of it’s own violent nature.

“Seventy civilians are dead Commander, we’re taking heavy damage to the RG entrances.” A soldier, who was quite young and looked new.

“Tell your ranking officer to get seven hundred North Guards her in five minutes yesterday.”

“Yes, Commander.”

Lily’s wings hummed to life, then took off into the smoking screen that was Royal Gardens. Screaming could be heard children crying. Who would do such a thing? Lil shook her head, of course anyone, this was a war, and no one could be trusted. Did she even trust herself anymore? The rubble dust was thick, and penetrating the dust with light energy didn’t help. So she waded her way through by sound.

Screams. 60 feet blow, and getting closer.

She dove in an underbank tuck procedure roll. Then sent a full blast of energy in the general direction. it formed a whole. Was that … it couldn’t be. Fire was sent through the hole, keeping it open for even longer. The dark haired red eyed figure growled. Lily dove in, wings tucked in between her arms. Shots were fired until Lily tackled the vampire. The dust consumed her line of sight.

Bam.

Blood spattered from her jaw, and two canine teeth fell out. She swung blindly, connecting to nothing.

Slunk.

Another direct force of pressure in her kidney. She tried hard not to vomit.

Bam.

She was sent to the gravel, her vision even more uneven. She couldn’t give up yet. How many were there. Three? Two? She couldn’t process it. She was blacking out, rainbowed spots blinded her sight. A shadowy figure appeared before her. He was handsome, and looked liked he spent hours at a time in the mirror. His hair tied back, and his forehead steaming. The sweat was burning on his skin.

“Who are you? Kill me off already.” Lily spat on his shiny combat boots.

“I’m sorry but I can’t do that. I have orders.”

A boot came uninvitedly into her face.

~~~
Deadgrove City
Deadgrove Jail

Another bust. This city didn’t know the importance of loans. If Carter didn’t get a loan. Carter finds them, and has lunch. This city was finally kicking off, more healthy humans were coming in and settling down. Everyday there was some new building project coming into play. Every few months, the city got bigger, and bigger. Werewolves loved company, even more than food.

Carter was no exception. In fact he set the standard, werewolves were strong, straight forward and stubborn. Somewhere in the graveyard laid fifty grand waiting to be spent. Just because he let his friend go and he got caught. Nothing went without plan and nothing went without reason.

“Lights out Cart.” The guard said, then blew out the candles. No electricity huh?

“Hey can you leave the curtain open please. I need the moon to sleep.” He said in an evened out tone.

He looked at Carter for a long moment, then walked out of the door and locked it. He waited until he could no longer hear him walk down the street. Then he did what he loved most. Ever since the Helix star fell yesterday, things have been better for his kind. The spells worked now. He stood up and closed his eyes, a wisp of wind swept through the cracked window. Circling at his feet. It was finally time.

As the night blankets the sun
The glow of the full moon flows
It whispers thoughts into my ear
Words of power and strength
Of the nature it brings
No one shall know the power but the Were
I call upon the power and feed on it’s presence.

His eyes opened, and reflected off in a light pastel blue. His mouth showed the teeth of wolves. Falling to his knees, his skin was coated in white fur. His legs changing position, and his arms bending like crowbars.

A howl could be heard from the farthest reaches of the forest. Followed by hundreds of howls after. As is in a roar of applause.

~~~
Rue Manor

So much for a fun night. Guin had never been this infuriated in her entire life. Not even in Pisa when they ignored her warning on the soil. She was baring her fangs, and her wings grew like weeds on her back. Red like her boiling blood.

About fifteen werewolves were tag teaming her guests. Which were fighting back with the willpower of male praying mantis. Where was that blood coming from though, it smelled different. Like charcoal burned rubber. Gem cracked another neck, and the werewolf fell limp. His eyes pure red.

“Did you find the victim yet?” Gem yelled from across the ballroom.

“No not yet. It’s going in so many different ways. Once my wings dry I’ll-” A claw slashed at her powdered face. Another came, but she dodged, took the inner arm and broke it. Then jabbed a piece of broken glass into his side. He fell wimpering.

“Stupid bitches. Finish him off for me.” Guin started to pace towards the lounge room in her blood soaked dress. She heard a bark behind her followed by a cut short breath.
The lounge room was empty for the most part. Everyone who feared for their lives cleared out when it started. The trail led behind the couch. Her heartbeat increased. Oliver? Dad? Please let it be someone I don’t care for. She thought to herself.

She jumped across the couch. The stomach was gashed, their was no surviving a gash in the stomach. She slowly turned her head to the face, a boy, with closed eyes, and amber hair. As cold as stone, and he seemed to hold no expression.

“Oliver? Wake up it’s not funny.” She shook him, he was so heavy.

“Oliver, you’ve gotta wake up. You’ve gotta be there for me, I need you to be there.” Her eyes started to tear up. She laid her head on his chest.

“Olly wake up… please.”

No response.

No reply.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm writing the next chapter but I'm trying to make it longer. So maybe tomorrow it will be hope Smile

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top