Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

I need help with this RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help with this RPG

Post by Bat on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 am

Hi. I am planning to make an RPG but I need help fix some things. Please post what it needs to work on and, if you have a title idea, I would appreciate it.

It takes place in a futuristic city where there are flying cars, robot polices, robot etc. Basically, high-tech stuff.
But there are some parts of this huge city is that the technology there is under develop than those in the city. It is the rural area. The government treat that place as a junk yard. Each place is different and unique. Although, the people live in poverty. Their technology is steampunk-like and scraps mashed together.

I have one idea about the advanced technology. People have an exoskeleton suit or cyber suits to increase their abilities like jumping higher, flying, produce electricity on their hands by suits even other elements. The suits only use material or elements inside of it or around it to do those things. Like it released some type of elements in the air to make water appeared on the palm of the user and has a function called "gravity controller". The function comes with the suit and it is where the user can use gravity to manipulate the elements. For example: "I used my suit to release elements to make fire appear on my hands. Next, I activated the gravity controller to manipulate the flames and spread it across up to my other hand. I then release it into the air until the fire died out. The gravity controller has limited distance on what to control

So how will everyone play it?
My character is a genius prodigy that takes technology from the city and the junk yard to test it out. He does something that start problems with the government and endangering the people in the rural areas. The government is concerned about the incidents and send in bots to keep the rural people in check. A resistance is called to stop this but it is not big enough. But it will slowly grow until there is a war between the two opposing sides. But, now, there is no resistance

So what do you think?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: I need help with this RPG

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Your idea sounds pretty cool. Very Happy The whole gravity controller and suit thing sounds creative and thought out, as does the setting.
If you want a critique, then I'd say work on the organization. You have a fair amount of ideas and that's great, but it's clunky. For example, keep all of the information about technology in one place and in setting in another. These can sometimes go together, but technology looks to be a big part of the RPG so I'll have to say to keep them separate.
But this is honestly not really a big problem--it's nothing that can't be fixed through some simple editing.
Oh, and for the plot, it's a good one, but just make sure it's loose enough so that not everything's set in stone.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:00 pm

@WritingBookworm wrote:Your idea sounds pretty cool. :DThe whole gravity controller and suit thing sounds creative and thought out, as does the setting.
If you want a critique, then I'd say work on the organization. You have a fair amount of ideas and that's great, but it's clunky. For example, keep all of the information about technology in one place and in setting in another. These can sometimes go together, but technology looks to be a big part of the RPG so I'll have to say to keep them separate.
But this is honestly not really a big problem--it's nothing that can't be fixed through some simple editing.
Oh, and for the plot, it's a good one, but just make sure it's loose enough so that not everything's set in stone.

Yeah, the tech will be separate.

How do I make the plot loose? Btw I will have another character who is the governor's son.

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 pm

writing?

Bat
Skilled Creator
Skilled Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Ugh, sorry, I've been pretty busy. Basically, just let the characters drive the plot. That's critical in novels amd other stuff as well. So a war is a good destination to keepin mind, but if you strongly feel the characters pulling it in another direction, then let it go in that direction.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Oh ok. Thank you

Bat
Skilled Creator