Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Rebellion of Gaea discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebellion of Gaea discussion

Post by Ikuto on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:13 pm

So, um...I haven't made any contributions to this site really. But I've been working on an idea (I'll admit I only started working on it yesterday but I have quite a bit figured out already) but I feel as if it is somewhat developed enough to be thrown out for you to nitpick or ask about. After all, the more questions you ask, the more grounded and more information a RPG/story will gain.

Anyways, the title is probably is probably iffy. I just came up with it a minute ago since I realized that I should name the story/RPG because if I didn't, that would probably lead to some trouble.

Alright, moving on.

The plot: Basically, this RPG will be set in modern times. A generation before now, however, there were people living on an island surrounded by a ring of mountains. This mountain range protected the island from being discovered. The island has pretty much been there since the beginning of man, and its inhabitants are immortal as long as they remain on the island. So, the inhabitants are part animal (basically anthros, or kemonomimi, depending on what terminology you want to use) and you can see them as protectors of nature. Their island pretty much is the source of peace with nature. So, you can see them as nature lovers and essentially the children of nature.
Now, after so many years of peace, humans manage to find the island. The island begins to reject them; basically, to the island, humans are foreign entities that need to be expelled or destroyed. However, this also effects the natives on the island. So basically, all this chaos ends about two weeks after humans initially discover the island with the island collapsing and basically forcing everyone to the other side of the mountains, where the island then "moves" where the location and even its specific existence is pretty much forgotten.
So, the current day is pretty much where anthros have their own city, nature is trying to destroy everything, and humans are oblivious to this while the anthros know what is happening since it was their job to make sure this never happened.
Contrary to the fact that anthros seem to be the most important piece, humans are equally as important. They brought it upon themselves as they were the ones who didn't leave even though nature itself was practically trying to make them leave.
No, humans are not evil. Just curious. And sometimes curiosity leads to bad choices or confusing choices. So yeah. Neither side is good or bad, but humans will be humans. Depending on their choices, they can be either one but never both at the same time.

So yeah. Go ahead and ask questions, and if enough people like this idea, maybe I'll post it.

Oh, and a note on the name. In Greek mythology, essentially Gaea is Mother Earth. And since nature itself is rebelling, so to speak, against everything, the title is "Rebellion of Gaea". Though, this is up for change if I can figure out a better title, or if a better one is suggested.

Also, I have been working on a lot of world/island building for this. Culture, food, life, ect. have been considered for this already. Basically, if this RPG reaches its finish, if enough people ask for it, we can just have an endless free world on the island, at which point all the culture and all the other ideas that I have planned out for the island will come into play. But for now, we'll have a story driven RPG.
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

http://acelfalk.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebellion of Gaea discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Its amazing and I would join it in a heartbeat and I'm sorry I disconnected the other day while contributing to it the other day on that screen sharing thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Siren wrote:Its amazing and I would join it in a heartbeat and I'm sorry I disconnected the other day while contributing to it the other day on that screen sharing thing

Haha, thank you.
And that's fine.

Also, I'm looking for opinions for this! Doesn't matter if they're simple or complicated, I'm going to take all of them. Questions, opinions, criticisms, and pretty much you just telling me you would join is all I'm looking for!
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:31 pm

C'mon, people!
Ikuto worked really hard on this (?) and he (and I) would really appreciate if y'all got off your lazy butts and gAVE HIM SOME FEEDBACK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 pm

b U m P

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Tobias~ on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Pan is also more closely related with nature if you want to do something with that..
But I would definitely join, it seems like a really good idea! To be clear, there are just immortal anthros and humans? No gods or demigods or anything?

Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 pm

@~Tobias~ wrote:Pan is also more closely related with nature if you want to do something with that..
But I would definitely join, it seems like a really good idea! To be clear, there are just immortal anthros and humans? No gods or demigods or anything?
Alright, thank you for the input!

Yes, that's right. Humans and immortal anthros. No gods or demigods, yet. There will be hidden lore scattered around in the world, so do expect maybe some gods and demigods in stories and myths here and there. You can say...That the anthros avoid such things as gods and demigods since its more oral stories than written, thus subject to change over time, which is why they don't trust it as much as written versions of the stories. Namely, just like everyone else, they have their own creation/origin and life myths and stories, but they aren't repeated much at the current time in the RPG since they were, of course, pretty much expelled from their island and their home, where values and stories are radically different from what they were used to.
Basically, I'm building a small world to go with the anthros and their island, so expect many facets to their culture!
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Tobias~ on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:54 pm

Sooo are you gonna make it?

Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:03 pm

@~Tobias~ wrote:Sooo are you gonna make it?
To be honest...I only plan on making it if I know more than a few people will join. Only because I am going very in depth with this, so I don't want all that work to amount to nothing. So, it really just depends on how many people show interest in it. And for me to know that there are people interested in it, I would like comments. Which is why the small amount of comments is actually driving me to forget about the idea. I don't want all the work to be for nothing, but if I hold it off, I still have all the work and ideas, while it simply never made it here so the work was never really shown and thus for nothing. So yeah. The more interest this gets, the more of a chance I'll actually make it. Sorry, but that's the thing. I don't want to go so in depth with it if no one, or just a few people, will RP in it.
Ikuto
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top