FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

New Story Preview

Go down

New Story Preview Empty New Story Preview

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 pm

So I've had this plot bunny in my head for months. It's not a novel-length idea, more along the length of Evergreen 1.5 (hopefully), but it's something that I'm eager to try out. I have this preview-thingy, and if it's interesting enough, I'll actually get down to writing the story.

Some are born great.
Some achieve greatness.
Some have greatness thrust upon them.
And then there are some who fit all three of the criteria.
In a different world, peace and prosperity lorded over all of Carzea. Sparkling rivers trailed over lush, rolling green hills and mountains reached high into the sweeping, cloudless sky. Its inhabitants roamed the air on dragons and pegasi, and magic danced at their fingertips.
But, like all things, there were some who used this magic for evil. The Lord of the Night rose to power as followers flocked toward him like a bee to honey. He terrorized Carzea's citizens and laid fire to the once beautiful land.
For a while, all hope was lost. That's when a brave warrior rose to the task--a champion for Carzea. He dared to duel the Lord of the Night, and with his terrible, swift sword, defeated the Lord of the Night. The Lord of the Night swore that one day, he would rise again as he took his last breath. Thus peace was brought peace to Carzea once more.
Peace does not guaruntee sound sleep. Many fretted wondered if the Lord of the Night would ultimately carry out his plans. They were not wrong to have this worry, for decades later, the champion whom had defeared him passed away. Shortly after his death, the Lord of the Night was sighted, and chaos roamed the land once more.
The carnage was greater than ever before in Carzea, but the inhabitants managed to find solace in a prophecy--that one day, a new champion for Carzea would rise, and he or she would once more challenge the Lord of the Night.
But the Lord of the Night sought out this child as well. Fearing for the champion's safety, they sent the infant away to a distant land and prayed that one day, he or she would return to save Carzea once and for all.
Now, the future has yet to be written.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness, some have greatness thrust upon them.
Some, like the champion, live to be fit into all three.
So, like any other decent story, this tale is about the chosen one.
But that doesn't mean it's mine

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Currently Watching: The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down