FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Today at 2:21 pm by Comrade Squid

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 am by boyhoy

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am by boyhoy

» Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am by Adrian

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 pm by Fix-It

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 pm by Adrian

» Dylan's Ultimate Guide to his Asphodel Characters
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:14 am by Captain Whitehawk

March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Time of Man

Go down

The Time of Man

Post by Hero of Time on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Prologue
Hindsight

"I know you've heard the story time and again, child, but I won't deny your request.

King Thendebrand was a mighty warrior of a line no less noble than that of the stars themselves. Foe innumerable fell before his blade, and he retained a level of respect for his subjects that rulers today can only dream of possessing. It was this man, the king of our beloved Aireo, who planted the seeds of our destruction.

The humans believed he was all-powerful. To them, Thendebrand was unstoppable, but he knew better. He could never walk down the streets of Aireo without the glares and sneers of our folk. They placed themselves above him, as they should have, but humans are not a forgiving bunch.

One night, when our people were asleep in their bunks, feeling safe as a songbird, Thendebrand ordered an assassination on each of us, with bounties high enough to make any street rat an earl. After that dark night, he knew that he would be safe in his high throne, with none to question him.

Fate is not without a sense of dark humor, it would seem, for there was one of us who survived, one by the name of Penrath. He was adept, and was able to storm the castle single-handedly. To prove what a terrible mistake the king had made, Penrath slew him in front of his children. He fled soon after, never to be seen again.

This is the tale of our people, Thane, and you should remember it well, for you are the next in line. You can reclaim our rights and honor. You are the last wizard, Thane."
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Time of Man

Post by Mythie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Can't wait for more that was good

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKartik on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm

That's good work! Keep it up

Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks! Now that I have the prologue out of the way, this story can begin. I'll probably have the first chapter up tonight.

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:13 pm

That was nice!

Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Wow a character of Jack's named Thane. How original.... Wink

In all seriousness, I can't wait for more. It was really good!

boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Almost as original as a character of mine named Lizzie…

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Chapter 2

I looked up at His Majesty, not bowing as I had watched others do.

After all, why should I? He's just a man.

His mouth opened to speak, but my master interjected from the corner of the room, "Alazar! He is ready! Do not test him any more else you will have me to suffer." His hand moved to the hilt of the katana, Enbou, at his side.  

"Yes, yes," said the king in his low, drawling voice. To any other, he would be commanding, but he had no rule over my master and I. "Thane, you are dismissed."

I nodded swiftly, my fingers almost ablaze from the encounter.

Soon, my master and I were sneaking through the wine cellar of the castle as we did daily in order to avoid any contact with others. With me at the ruff of his white cloak, my master almost never looked back save for the time that a servant unlocked a nearby door and  he had me vise through the walls to see if they posed a threat.

We exited through the small trapdoor, earnestly making for the market before we retired for the day. Six bushels of apples and a bottle of wine later, my master was opening the door to our small hut and closing it behind us. I sat on my usual stool, preparing for the assessment.

"Mistakes. Name them." My master said as he watched the window opposite me and absentmindedly reached for an apple.

"Well, the ice was too cool to completely freeze the guard. I forgot to alter the spine of the maiden. Erm.... that is all?" I asked cautiously, feeling that he would find further fault

He chuckled, taking a bite from the blood-red fruit, "Besides those errors, your show was flawless. The king will not doubt you again, I think."

The edges of my lips curved into a small smile, but my master quickly spoke.

"You are nowhere near a master, Thane." He paused, this time for a few minutes, "... but you are ready, I think, to expand your horizons. We will begin on shadows tomorrow morning, and I expect you to have meditated for a few hours prior in order for complete retention."

"Yes, master." I replied happily.

With a swift, fluid motion, he discarded the apple and sat facing me, his golden eyes meeting mine, "Pupil." He stated, "There are few that I have met that could have endured the training that you have. Even fewer that could hope to pass the trials ahead as you shall with grace. You have my respect. Thus, you will be forging your own wand in the next few days."

My smile turned into a crescent of elation at this news. I had only heard tales of wizards who were advanced enough to wield, yet here I am, a mere child compared to them, about to create my own wand.

"You have no doubt heard of these devices from the stories that I have recounted, but you will need further instruction. Thus, the king has allowed that we do not report to him for duty until your next stage of training is complete."

"That is good news, master. I would hate to leave my wand unattended while we serve." I stated, looking down at my thumbs.

He nodded, beginning as Thane had predicted. Although he had heard much of it, he still listened earnestly.

"Wands are one of the most basic tools that a wizard can focus his magic through. They can act without them, as you have done since I discovered the magical blood within you, but they increase the user's magic tremendously. Many even have enchantments of their own that allow them to do things without the use of their wizard's power and skill, and the uses are innumerable. With a wand in your hand, you have access to all of the power that you store within it, not only what resides in your body, which is very helpful when fighting someone of greater power or creating something that requires too much power. You should have known this already, but they do not help with Vising. As you know, this skill is what allows you heightened vision, even through objects, and as there is no spell besides that which resides on the blood of every decent wizard, this magic cannot be channeled through a wand."

I nodded quickly, hoping he would continue.

"There are many pieces within a wand, but many are them are mythetic and must be obtained through magic. On the outside, you have a wood that is both strengthened and bonded to/by the wizard. No one spellweaver can use the wand of another. In this world we live in, many of the magic arboreums have disappeared, but I have managed to get my hands on a few shards that are more than enough for a wand or two. The next layer is comprised of pure magic. This is where you will be able to store your power for later use, Thane, but it is also very dangerous. If a wand were to be broken and this magic exposed, the damage would be catastrophic.

In the center, my apprentice, is what we call the Shard. It is the magical representation of the wizard to whom the wand belongs. It is a very personal piece, and you must be the one to make this. Do not fear, child, I will instruct you."

I rub my thumbs together, an old gesture that wizards used to use. "When will we begin, master?"

He looked at my thumbs, imitating the gesture. "When you are ready."

"I am ready."
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down