FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Post by Adrian on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Glad so many people like it Smile

New chapter tonight or tomorrow.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Post by Mythie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Can't wait

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 am

~Omar~

Frantically, Omar rushed to Cameron and Orian, who were arguing about magical theory. "What's going on?" he shouted over the noise and pandemonium.

It was Orian who explained. "It's the Mist. It's down. Big time. We have a big problem on our hands. Hopefully monsters will know better than to reveal themselves in public - they can sense the Mist, you know. But that's not the problem."

"Then what is it?" Omar asked. He hated not being in control of a situation. Cameron crossed his arms. "Think about it, man. Putting four huge camps in one area is bound to shake the earth and grab some attention." He pointed to the southeast, where a platoon of police cars were streaming down the road.

"But that's not the only problem. We landed on... something. Like a nest, maybe. I don't know. But we disturbed something. That's what that - " a shrill screech pierced the air " - screech is about." A large shadow blotted out the sun for a moment, then swooped down, plucking 2 Egyptians and 2 Norse from a crowd, which quickly dispersed.

"Is it a Ziz?" Omar inquired, somewhat awed by the spectacle. Orian shook his head. "That, my friend, is the Caucasian Eagle, constructed by Hephaestus and ordered by Zeus to eat Prometheus's liver." Roman ballista was quickly wheeled out, but 8 of the launchers were crushed by the bronze talons. The other 12 threw a volley of various projectiles, but hardly pierced the beast. Cameron shook his head. "Idiots. Even I know not to use projectiles against an armored enemy like that. It needs heat. It needs fire." Cameron raised his spear and sent a searing beam of fire at the eagle, but it only seemed to irritate it even more. It dove for Cameron, who was quickly tackled by Orian, just in the nick of time. Omar crouched down next to the two demigods. "Okay. We're all magicians here. What's our plan?"

Cameron spit a clod of sand out of his mouth. "Still fire. But more of it." Suddenly his eyes lit up, and Omar understood what was needed. "Fafnir," they both whispered.

Orian raised an eyebrow. "Can he breathe fire?" Omar shrugged. "Most dragons can. Well, that's not true. But most Norse dragons can. Only one way to find out." But none of them knew even if the dwarf-dragon was en route. The only way to protect the camps, Omar realized, was to hold out until they could contact him somehow.

Omar nodded. "I, uh, follow the path of Sekhmet, so I can do fire," he explained. Orian nodded. "I'll alert the Hephaestus, Vulcan, and Loki cabins." As Orian ran off, a voice spoke up in Omar's head. I love it when you do bad stuff. That's what makes good leaders.

Inwardly, Omar sighed. Lying isn't always bad, Set.

Ah, whatever. You going to let me take control now? I won't leave until you do. Omar rolled his eyes. Nope. That wasn't part of the deal. The voice was silenced. Omar bit his lip nervously. He knew not to think it, but he was afraid one of these days, Set was going to use him - and the end result was going to be bad.

. . .

It was March 23, 2024, and Omar Alfarsi was having a terrible day.

First, a shipment of jambalaya mix went missing. The entire 100 crates. That meant they had to resort to Instant Ramen for the next month, and he knew nobody would put up with that. Next, a baby basilisk bit Alexander, so Victoria got to fawn and cry over the big lug for the next two months while Omar got to find a temporary replacement who'd never be able to navigate the endless shelves of scrolls.

Oh yeah, and he also got possessed by the Egyptian god of chaos.

How'd it happen? Pff, Omar didn't know. He had been self-touring a tomb that the mortals hadn't even the foggiest inkling of a clue that it existed. He had been looking for that damn scroll Nostradamus wrote, when in fact Alexander had it hidden in one of the kitchen cupboards.

One wall of hieroglyphics was all it took for Set to invade Omar's consciousness for the next year.

Sup. Omar nearly dropped his khopesh. "Who... what?" He looked around frantically. These ruins were unexplored. Yet he had a feeling the voice he had wasn't in the room, but somewhere else.

Uh... hey? Omar thought, rather nervously. A wicked laugh echoed in his head. Ah, kid, chill. It's Set. You know, god of chaos? Anyways, I have a job to do, and I need someone to help me do it.

Omar raised an eyebrow. Set? It didn't take him long to figure out that the job in question was probably assigned by yours truly. Did Chaos ask you to do this "job"? Because if so, then you'll just have to find someone else to do it.

Another laugh reverberated in his skull. You really think I'm gonna let some deadbeat Greek primordial push me around? I'll play his game for a while, then show him who's boss. And since you and I are both against him, it seems, we might make a good pair. What do you say, Omar?

He shuddered. Apparently gods don't know how disturbing it is to have something invade your head and call you by name when you haven't even told them it. But something made Omar think about Set's offer. Set was a powerful god - if he could aid Omar, then maybe....

One condition. I can help you be a double agent against Chaos. But we do things my way. Got it? Omar knew was rather bold in commanding a god like this. But he had his own agenda, and something gave him a newfound power - one he hadn't felt since Grace and Gregory helped him create the 361st Nome. To his surprise, Set agreed, however grudgingly. Fine. But I get to limit my power too, you know.

Whatever. Now, how do I get out of here? There was a plate on the floor, and now the place is sealed -

Next time, Omar reminded himself too late as the chamber exploded into lightning and fire, be careful when asking for the help of the Egyptian god of chaos.

. . .

Omar waved his khopesh frantically, sending bits of destructive energy at the Caucasian Eagle. Bits of feathers fluttered - or moreso plummeted - down to the ground, and firebolts flew everywhere, forcing everyone not involved to seek shelter.

Despite the fiery air, blue frost began forming on the joints of the beast, slowing it down ever so slightly. Omar quickly realized Orian's magical angle - cryokinesis. Rather helpful, Omar muttered, considering it can't melt.

Yet the beast fought on, taking out groups of demigods and magicians. Thankfully, due to the ice, very few casualties were totaled. But the heroes only had so much energy. Omar began to form an emergency plan when a bright blue flame seared through the sky. Even the eagle stopped for a moment to stare at the spectacle.

Big mistake. The comet was aimed for him. A searing heat, followed by a low roar, struck the eagle right in the face, reducing it to a pile of molten metal, which quickly disintegrated.

Fafnir landed in front of Omar. "Don't mind me. Just a little dwarf-dragon here to kick ass!" Omar began to grin. Finally, a beast NOT out to kill him.

The camps didn't get a chance to recover, however. Katherine slipped to Omar's side. "We have a problem. The police cruisers are here." The Egyptian let out a loud groan. "How much did they see?"

"I don't know... but we have some Hermes kids trying to lie their asses off. The police cannot see any more than they already have, though," Kat asserted. Cameron and Orian walked over, followed by Lana and Damien. The latter two had a concerned look on their faces. As if they had decided to come out with a truth.

Omar turned to them. "Guys, what's going on? Why are you staring at us like that?" Kat crossed her arms. "C'mon, tell. What's the harm?"

Damien shifted his feet with uncertainty. "Quite a lot. You know how Lana and I have Chaotic powers, right? She has her negative dimension thing, and I can distort time."

Kat unfolded her arms, putting her hands in her pockets. She looked slightly downtrodden. "Yeah...?"

Lana spoke next. "Well, Gregory and Grace - the two who explained my power - said there was a third. And the three of us being together would bring disaster." At this, Kat leaned up against a palm tree, sliding down to the ground. "Oh no.... this isn't good." The hair practically stood up on Cameron's head. "...Kat. What are you saying, girl?" The daughter of Jupiter just looked around, more resigned now than stressed. "I think... I think I might be the third Chaotic person."

Silence. Orian must have blinked about 40 times before saying, "What? Does that explain the... and the...." It didn't require explanation. It was easy to piece together.

"Quite the predicament, I see."

"Indeed. And with the law closing in, we better make this meeting fast."

A man and a woman popped into existence next to Katherine. Gregory and Grace, Omar realized. Gods, those two silver-haired people were weird. He wondered who they were before they became Servants of Chaos. Or, more accurately, double agents for Fantasia.

"Our inheritance doesn't matter, Omar. A simple utilization of Chaos, that's all," Grace reminded him.

"But Katherine's inheritance matters," Gregory finished, nodding to the girl sitting under the palm tree. She stuck her face out from her hands.

"What's going on with me? I mean, what can I do?" She practically begged. It was obviously stressful, having to be the one to make everything go down the crapper. But Grace smiled. "It's not about what you can do, dear."

Gregory nodded again. "It's a matter of what you can't do." Grace gestured to the police officers trying to skirt around the Hermes campers, who were busy creating one of those ribbon dances they had in England. "Your friends can only do so much in the realm of verbal persuasion. But if you tweak reality to agree with you..."

"...then you have a stronger argument," Gregory finished. Damien and Lana both turned to the twins. "Wait, are you telling us she can... bend reality?" Lana asked tentatively. It was admittedly a little hard to believe.

"Only temporary, of course," Grace reassured her. Gregory wringed his hands. "Reality, such as it is, is malleable, but like memory foam, retains its original shape. But the memory of those affected by a tweak in reality, however, are changed quite drastically."

"We strayed a little too long. You'll know how to use your skills, dear," Grace somewhat comforted Kat. But she inched away. "I think I already know how..." she muttered.

"Well, with that, we are off. Chaos remains restless. Good luck, heroes," Grace bid them farewell, and faded away. However, Gregory remained. "One more thing. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. One of you has the ability to counteract the negative effects of the Chaotic powers. Sadly, I don't know who. But, in time, I assume one of you will learn." With that, Gregory too faded away.

Kat looked around, lost and disgusted. "Some help. We have to do everything ourselves."

Cameron shrugged. "Well, we are the heroes." With that, Kat shot him a dirty look. "Let's go see what the Hermes kids told them. Maybe I could build on that."

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:17 am

Yay! Question though, How did Kat find out that she was the third?

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKartik on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:11 am

Good work, man

Novice Creator
    Novice Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:43 pm

@Mythie You'll see :3

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:52 am

Before I post the next chapter, I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback. To be frank, I still think my stories need a little work. Nevertheless I am proud of them. So, thanks!

That being said... my previous chapters I had typed up were destroyed when I was fixing my PC so it would actually install Windows 8.1. Fantastic, right? So it will be a while, maybe a day.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am

Everyone has space to improve (except for Writing and Hermy, their practically perfect in every single way) but I really am enjoying this story, I tend to be really picky about fanfiction writing styles and I particularly enjoy the flow of yours

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Oh happy day night! I was looking at the Skydrive folder instead of the actual Documents.

I will be working on it for a while.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Great Job.... hopefully it'll be up when I do my 3:00 AM check ( I tend to wake up around then for some reason )

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next