FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos Empty The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:35 pm

A Sneak Peek at
    The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos
    (c'mon, I gotta make this final first chapter as good as possible.)

Things seem to be looking good for the group of demigods and their new friends. All four camps have been united, Orian is now revived and back in full power, and it seems they may have a fighting chance against Chaos.

But important questions are left unanswered. Who is the third Chaotic child? Will the Romans forgive the group for destroying much of their war supplies? And, worst of all - who will be the one to die, as foreseen by Chaos himself? After all, 13 is an unlucky number, and 3 is even more sacred.

Not only that - a previous prophecy seems to have gone off track, something that has never happened, and should never happen. And with the Mist destabilizing even further, the four groups find themselves with a new problem - Chaos' havoc-wreaking is accelerating at an unsafe rate. With only a limited time to stop Chaos, the 13 heroes will soon find that even their best qualities can destroy them - and sometimes, hoping is not enough.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Can't wait Smile

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Post by Paradox on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Haven't gotten to read any of this yet, but I will start now!

Profound Creator
    Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:18 pm

~Omar~

The first day of what Cameron called "Project FUUUUUU-SIOOOOON!!!" wasn't Omar's best day.

Sure, he (or more precisely, Lana) brought all four groups together, socially and literally - the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian heroes got along swimmingly. It was the Romans Omar was most concerned about. Their strict rules and intolerance to people such as - well, such as him and his friends - made diplomacy a real struggle.

The morning meeting wasn't any different. The first praetor of Camp Jupiter, Mark Hermann, had to be pulled out by security after he flew across the table when Elia "gave him a funny look." Knowing Elia, this was probably true, but was still very uncalled for. On Mark's behalf, of course.

The second praetor, Tanya Marcowski, was a little more peaceful. "Listen, I don't want this hanging over our heads any more than you all do. But us Romans have had years of tradition and rule. And as it technically was a Greek that set the bomb off in the first place," Tanya looked at Lana as she bowed her head. "However accidental it was, it can't go overlooked. We'll figure something out. A compromise."

A compromise. Like how the Romans compromised by disowning their brethren. Omar would never do that. Any help was appreciated, and transgressions merely overlooked, as long as it didn't weaken the situation. The Greeks weren't too much better. Sure, they had warmed up to Lana now, but that didn't seem to make up for their bullying and taunting over the years. The only group that ticked off Omar the least was Camp Odin, but not by much. Granted, they had lived in secrecy, hopping along the Aleutian Islands since the United States bought Alaska from Russia. In that regards, it made sense that they were hesitant, shy, and even a little nervous - perhaps fearing retaliation for the barbarism the Norse were known for in the past. Indeed, the other groups cast wary, suspecting eyes at them as they traveled back and forth with supplies. And even Omar has felt a flutter of nervousness.

But they were being too irrational. The Norse made excellent weapons. The Greeks proved themselves worthy in stealth and reconnaisance. The Romans had Athena-level battle strategies. And Omar and the Egyptians had powerful magic.

That's enough to take on a primordial entity composed of nothing and capable of doing anything, right?

It was 11:00. The meeting had lasted exactly an hour. It was supposed to go on for two. But with Mark's outburst, the allies all agreed to cut it short.

"Hey Omar," Kat called over to him as they exited the meeting tent Victoria had set up. She rushed over to him, and he smiled. Despite being able to fling lightning, Kat seemed to be the least abnormal. Her mouse brown hair was braided down her back, and she dressed into a red shirt and blue jeans after her old attire was caked in sand and dust.

"Hey Kat. How've you been?" Omar asked, and immediately regretted the decision. Of course, she'd be terrible. She just met her half-sister - the one who decided to banish her in the first place.

But Kat smiled. "Been better. Tanya just told me that she was the one who wanted to banish me. Everyone else wanted to... yeah," she stared at the flowing river to the right of Camp Half-Blood.

"That reminds me, Kat. Did anyone inform you of where we are?" Omar inquired. The daughter of Jupiter shook her head. "No. And now that you mention it, I would like to know. Did you notice that none of New Rome was displaced - just the camp itself? That goes for Camp Odin too."

Omar shifted his feet. "That's because the Fantasia Spell was designed for those special places to be in this special place. It was written ages ago - somewhere in the 16th Century. At least that's what Alexander says. The person who designed it was a French apothecary, a Legacy of 3 gods."

Kat widened her eyes. "Three gods? That's freaking incredible. Why haven't I heard of this guy?"

Omar grimaced. "You may have heard of him, but let's just say at the time, the Catholic Church didn't want to hear about his prophecies, and he had to keep himself under wraps. At any rate, it's said that Nostradamus was a Legacy of - get this - Apollo, Freya, and Fantasia. A few theorized that he had the blood of the pharaohs as well, but there's no evidence to prove so." At that, Kat gaped. "I was always told that Legacies were strictly Roman."

Omar crossed his arms. "Well, that doesn't make sense to me. Who says Greeks, or even Norse can't live long enough to have children?" Kat nodded. "I never said I agreed. But if he is so powerful, why didn't he, you know, kick butt?"

"Well, Kat, that's because prophecy was the only gift he had. But the scroll Lana had read - that was one of Nostradamus' lost quatrains. Only a demigod or descendant of a pharaoh could read it. And the fact that it fused all four camps together means he may have had more than just prophecy on his side. But I've rattled on way too much. Nostradamus saw all four of our camps converging in one spot - a midway point in Western civilization."

For a few moments, Kat tried to calculate what that would be. "Somewhere in the Midwest, right?" Omar nodded, pointing to the river. "That right there is the Missouri River. During Expansion, it was used largely for trade and commerce. Many cities around here were a sort-of rest stop for travelers in the 1800's. Currently, we are at the intersection of Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska."

Kat raised an eyebrow. "Hey, how do you know so much stuff? No offense, but you don't look, or even sound like you're American." Omar shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm from Dubai, I'll admit. It was Alexander who told me this stuff. Apparently he knows a lot about the expansion of empires. I have no idea about any other event in the 19th century... Oh, but I do know when the US Constitution was ratified!" They laughed, and for once Omar felt at ease, as if his troubles were being drowned out. Or even giggled away.

They only stopped when a thousand shouts and screams broke the tranquility of the countryside.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Well this can't be good... And they wanted to execute then for stealing coffee... New low for the Romans...

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Well, keep in mind, there was more than just coffee Wink

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:01 pm

But they didn't even know that it was there....

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:03 pm

It doesn't matter to the Romans. They're fidgety and paranoid like that. #RomanKidProbz

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:07 pm

#whyimnotaroman

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Silly Romans, why do you hide supplies in a shop you know people would steal from, I mean, the coffee must be so good! Why don't you hide it in a bookshop, I dont think anyone would be sneaking into that, or am I talking about the dyslexic Greeks?

But seriously, I got caught up and have to say: this is a great story!

Profound Creator
    Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next