FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Post by Adrian on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 pm

(He may. I thought him just to be temporary, but we will see what happens.)

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp - Page 7 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Post by Adrian on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Date: June 9, 2013

Adrian

It was just as I remembered it. The two horse-shoe circles, the rock-climbing wall, the lake, the arena....

I held back tears. "OK, Jacob should be swimming at the lake." I walked down there, momentarily forgetting about Damien, and wanting to find my long lost friend. However, when I rushed down to the lake, neither he nor Matt was there. In fact, I heard nobody.

I shook my head. "This isn't right. Where did everyone go?" I sighed and looked at the woods. The woods.....

Damien pointed to a plume of smoke. "What's that?" He asked. But I knew. I forgot they did something once a week. Capture the Flag. I rolled my eyes. "I hate to break it up... they're playing a game. Things might get interesting, but we need to talk to Jacob and Matt." Surprisingly, Damien nodded, despite the risk of getting sliced into bits (trust me, I've seen the Hephaestus traps and that cabin is not to be trifled with). "Let's do it. I don't have enough energy to slow down time, but... I don't know. I feel as if something is awakening in me, ever since I paused time in Muspelheim." I looked him over. He did have a confident aura... but he seemed more different. More intelligent.

We raced towards the war-torn woods.

. . .

We almost died before we entered the woods - I barely heard them before I could overload them with a static pulse. Sonic arrows used to be weak, but it was sort of me who provided a wider range of sound samples for them. Luckily, I knew the whistling sound they made, and barely saved our skins.

"Hey!" One of the campers shouted, but Damien and I raced into the forest. I looked over at my half-brother as we ran. "We can't hurt them. We need as much help as we can get - " I was stopped by an Apollo camper, swinging down from a vine and tackling me in a very Tarzan-like fashion. I hit the dirt, hard, and I heard a crunch as my shoulder was dislocated.

"Got you, punk," the demigod growled in my face. Then, his triumphant look turned into disbelief. "Ye gods.... Adrian Volkov?" Some of the other half-bloods crowded around me, murmuring. I just rolled my eyes. "Thanks, asshole. Listen Thomas, I - we have a BIG problem. And I need to get to Jacob. Unfortunately, this means we need to cut off Capture The Flag." Thomas Histinger nodded. "He should be at the creek. I'll lead you to him." He helped me up, feeding me that weird concoction of nectar and ambrosia to ease the pain. Personally, I preferred Norse elixirs. We trudged toward the creek, and one of the Apollo campers raised a white flag with a red palm, signaling the interruption of the game.

. . .

The first thing Jacob said when he saw us? "Son of a bitch...." Then, "Wait - Adrian?" I simply nodded.

"We don't have time to catch up. Listen, this is gonna sound weird, and I know you may not believe me for ditching camp like that... but I got sent to the future. Long story short, we need reinforcements to stop... a Norse being." Many of the campers, include the ones who were running up here.

"Norse..?"
    "...future...?"
    "They aren't gonna steal my Pokemon cards, are they?"

Jacob just stared at me. "I... I don't know, man. I thought you died, and Orian ran off to find you and he..." I shook my head. "Orian's in the future, with us. He is unconscious, and I just don't have the manpower to stop Surt. He'll bring about his own Ragnarok if we can't stop him. Please, you have to help."

There was a long, tense silence. Then, Jacob did something I didn't expect. He laughed. But it was a good-hearted laugh. "A Norse, asking for a Greek's help!" But, to my surprise, he nodded. "Of course. I don't hate you for running off, Adrian. I just wished you talked to me about what was going on." Jacob cupped his hands and shouted throughout the woods. "ALL CAMPERS, MEET AT THE TOP OF HALF-BLOOD HILL IMMEDIATELY! COME PREPARED!"

Thomas turned to me, a shining grin on his face. "Sorry about your shoulder, bro."

End of chapter 9.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by America on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 pm

~Dragonhorn~ wrote:(He may. I thought him just to be temporary, but we will see what happens.)
    (Lol I really liked him even though his role was so short~ xD!)

"They aren't gonna steal my Pokemon cards, are they?"
    WHOEVER IS THE RANDOM CAMPER WHO SAID THAT, I AM IN LOVE WITH.

Great job again~!

Student Creator
    Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I slacked on that last part. I'm gonna make Chapter 10 amazing.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 am

Wowwww it's pretty late but I'm gonna get a good start on Chapter 10.

Maybe.

Chapter 10

Adrian

It seemed to take forever to get all of the Greeks. I knew they tended to be laid back, and time was paused in the future and all, but I knew Damien's spell couldn't last long. The wormhole was already flickering. But it held up long enough for one short speech, held by none other than Jacob Thane himself.

"OK, team, listen up. This is our first non-Greek entity we are going up against. I don't expect zero casualties, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't die. For Adrian and Damien's sake, K?" He spoke seriously, giving a big thumbs-up to our mini-army. They raised their swords: "FOR GREECE!" Jacob just shook his head. "No. Not just Greece today, people. For Greece AND for Scandinavia." I nodded in agreement, adding, "It's high time we set aside our previous differences." 

Meanwhile, Damien tapped his foot impatiently. "Can we go now? I think this time-power thing is latched to my life force."

He was right. I could see bags under his eyes, and his skin was getting considerably paler. I turned to the portal and snapped my fingers, allowing it to swallow us into the future.

. . .

Damien

The battle was... interesting. I didn't need to unpause time - my energy for it had run out, and Surt's wave was rendered ineffective when Jacob swung his trident and summoned his own wall of water, throwing the fire giant back several meters. The rest of the army easily took down his stupid forces. Despite looking unorderly, they were pretty badass at their work. Everywhere I turned, flashes of red denoted a demon vanishing from existence. But twice as many appeared as their friends died.

Meanwhile, Adrian and I took care of Sam and Orian, who were barely recovering. Sam woke up first, blinking slowly.

"G-Greeks...?" She asked slowly. Then, she shook her head. "Adrian... I'm so sorry for not believing you...." The son of Odin picked up her hand, grasping it. "You had every right not to trust me. I lied, and that was wrong. But... there are parts of my past I still don't know about... You have to understand that..."

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHH!!!!!" Surt roared mightily as he sent a shockwave of pure, searing heat, knocking hundreds of troops down - including Jacob and Matt. Then, the blast reached our group, and a blinding flash flooded my vision.

Time seemed to slow down in that instant. I couldn't describe what it was. It wasn't necessarily a flashback of sorts. But images of camp flickered in front of my eyes - the cabins, the meeting hall... all of them seemed very unfamiliar... until....

"Damien, what are you doing?!" An undistinguishable voice cried at me. It all happened in a blur. Like they were programmed, my hands grasped my axe and swung it three times throwing it and catching Surt dead-center in his chest.

A high-pitched shriek rolled across Muspelheim. But it didn't come from Surt. It came from my axe. A 3 foot long shaft of light shot from it, and more spread, like cracks in space. Frantically, Greek soldiers crawled away as the cracks formed a spiderweb of light, and enveloped the fire giant.

"DAMIEN.... YOU HAVE MADE A GREAT ENEMY TODAY.... IN THE END I WILL BE BA - " A vortex of light materialized, cutting off Surt's parting shot and sucking him into oblivion. Wind stirred, sucking air into the void. The ground shook as spikes, fire demons, monsters, and obsidian flew into the vortex. It grew and grew, swallowing my allies, my friends, and eventually me.

(PART 2 COMING TOMORROW! It will be the last installment of the story, and where several major twists come in. It may also be the longest.)

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:31 am

( AND THEY WERE GOING TO KISS!!!!! I have a feeling it won't be all happily ever after )

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am

@Mythie wrote:( AND THEY WERE GOING TO KISS!!!!! I have a feeling it won't be all happily ever after )

(Tee-hee....... You have no idea....)

Last edited by ~Dragonhorn~ on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:42 am

(Damn... my dad is being controlling and needy so I probably won't get the last part out until midnight or soooo.)

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Aw, damnit, why not now? :3

Damien

"Unggggghhh....." Arctander groaned as he lay face down on the cobblestone.

Wait - the cobblestone? Sitting up, I looked around with anticipation. We were back home, in Central Camp Odin. All around us, people went on with their camp lives - trading clothes, chatting, drinking, having a good time.

But Adrian just stared at the cave-like formation with the huge twin doors. My grin faded. "A-Adrian? You OK?" He just turned to me. "I... I think I understand the last line of the quest." Brushing soot off of his shorts, he motioned for me to follow him. Nervously, I obliged. What was the big deal about those doors? Unless it had to do with Adrian's past... and apparently mine.

He opened one of the large doors, letting me enter first. A neutral, somewhat understanding look was on his face. I looked around in the eerie shrine. It was a white marble box, with a square dais in the middle. Adrian walked up to it, as if in a trance. I followed him, watching him step on it. He turned to me. "Step on here. I think it needs both of us to activate it." I shook my head. "Activate what?" I asked in disbelief.

He just looked at me. "The truth. About you and I." I had no other choice but to oblige, climbing onto the white platform.

Slowly, the dais lowered into the ground, and Adrian and I began floating. The shrine around us faded into black, and tiny bright pinpoints of light surrounded us. "Woah," I breathed, and Adrian slowly smiled in amazement. "It's... outer space," he whispered. I looked at him. "S-Space? How is that possible?"

He said nothing, as from the darkness in front of us was Earth. I gritted my teeth in growing frustration. "What does this have to do with our past?" I said, closing my eyes.

"I'll tell you what it means," a woman's voice replied. I opened my eyes. "Huh?"

A pair of twins, maybe in their late 30's, floated above us in the void. Apart from age, they were utterly indistinguishable. The man, apparently irritated, scolded his twin. "Honestly, Grace, the child has a point."

Grace rolled her eyes. "They need to understand who they're facing."

"Facing? They're practically surrounded by the 'who' in question!"

"EXCUSE ME," Adrian practically shouted. "Who are you two?"

"Excused," the woman spoke, somewhat offended. "I am Grace."

"I am Greg," the man introduced himself.

My head seemed to move back and forth as the two spoke. It was as if neither could talk unless the other talked first. It was truly very creepy. And weird. But Adrian and I needed answers, so I spoke up again. "Who am I really?" I demanded.

"The question isn't who you are. More so, it is when and where you were," Grace emphasized. She then held out her hand, and I was swept into the past.

"We tried to wipe as much of the past as possible from Adrian Volkov. But it seems his mind was more powerful than we thought. Though he remembered parts of Camp Half-Blood, he did not remember a very important piece of history..."

A different Adrian rushed toward a great pillar in front of a shiny mirror-like lake - though I hadn't seen it in person before, I knew it was the Washington Monument. As Adrian ran, he stumbled, weak and exhausted. Falling to the ground, he was so tired he couldn't do anything but sob uncontrollably.

"It's useless. I might as well kill myself right here and now. Camp Odin won't accept me. Nobody will," he muttered. But just then, two familiar voices rang out from behind him.

"That attitude certainly won't fix anything."

"No, we have a better way."

Adrian turned around in surprise. "Who... who are you? And how can you help me?"

"We don't matter. You do. And you need help. All you have to do is trust us."

"We can give you a new life. A better one. You'll be adored by your own kind."

Adrian nodded in anticipation. "Yes, yes, please. I'm willing to steal someone else's place."

The twins nodded, and the scene changed. What I saw next nearly made me vomit.

It was the same Camp Odin. The difference was, it wasn't Adrian running the camp. It was ME. I was the camp leader. Samantha and Arctander walked with me around camp. I stared at myself enjoying the amenities Camp Odin provided. Adrian just stared, shocked and ashamed all at once.

"You... you took my place. I remember now. I remember the counselors, the dwarves...." I trailed off. I lost it then.

"YOU BASTARD! What the hell was going through your mind?! I was happy then!" I screamed, tears beginning to well up. Adrian just stared at the other Damien. "I… I was so lost, and confused. I was willing to do anything. I didn't really mean to screw up your life, Adrian. I would have been happy to just be a camper."

His eyes watered. "This is all my fault. I'm the reason you lived such a lonely life."

Grace spoke up. "To be fair, we were the ones who did the actual time manipulation."

"Quite ironic how a chronokinetic remembers less of the past than a sonokinetic."

"At least this realization gives us more time to speak about a more important subject."

Adrian looked up in disbelief. "And what would that be," he groaned. He looked absolutely miserable. But I was still pissed at him for ruining my life. Grace and Greg just waved their hands, and the scene went back to the celestial void we first entered in.

"At this point, our identities do matter."

"Greg and I are former minions of one of the most diabolical entities in the universe."

"Though Chaos has been a little under-the-weather recently…."

"Chaos," Adrian breathed. "Isn't that like, the void in which everything sprang?"

"Indeed it is. Now, it plans to delete everything from existence."

"He's already taken down that Muspelheim fellow."

"But don't think of that as good. In fact, it is rather bad for the stability of the universe."

"We really switched your places in a now-failed attempt to save the fire giant. Now, Chaos has set things in motion."

I began to speak, maybe to ask a question, or input a comment. I couldn't remember. Because a loud shriek pierced the thick walls of the shrine. Adrian turned to me. "That's Orian. Something is wrong, wrong, wrong…." He trailed off and rushed outside.

. . .

In the center square, villagers and campers stood in a large oval around a center point. But I knew it wasn't a claiming. It looked more… like a fight? Adrian simply rushed in to break up whatever was going on.

As the crowd parted, I saw Dahlia, the counselor of Freya, with her hands wrapped around Orian's neck. He had obviously tried to put up a fight - the fountain they were near was frozen solid, and ice spikes littered the square. But somehow Dahlia was impermeable.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" Orian struggled, trying to rip the hands away from his neck. Dahlia stared coldly down at him, until Adrian football-tackled her into the icy fountain. "What the HELL is your problem, Dahlia…."

I knew why he trailed off. Dahlia Rose… she wasn't a camper. No, I remembered. She wasn't one of us. Dahlia cackled mercilessly. "FOOLS! Chaos will rise and see you all torn from existence personally, before his master plan begins. AHAHAHAHAHAH-" She folded - literally, FOLDED herself up and disappeared. Orian put his head in his hands and sobbed uncontrollably. "No, no, no… we were about to kiss… Damnit!" As he moved, I spotted a dark red liquid run down from his neck.

"Ye gods, Orian…" I muttered. "You… you're bleeding. Badly." Orian took a hand and lifted it to his neck. "W… what? I don't care. Let me die. Aphrodite thinks I'm just a fool." Adrian took some of the dark blood and tasted a dab of it. He cringed. "Ugh. That's no ordinary venom. That's… that's deadly. A product of Chaos himself…" A murmur spread through the villagers - nobody had an antidote for venom like this.

"Oh, but someone DOES have an antidote."

I widened my eyes, turning around. "Greg. Tell me who."

"We can only tell you this - it belongs to Orian's counterpart. In a camp like yours only in one likeness."

"That was more cryptic than it should have been."

"Well, I try." The twins faded. I turned to Adrian. "What's that supposed to mean?" He just shrugged. "It could be a lot of things at this point."

"No," Orian groaned. "It… I know what it is." He looked around at the villagers, maroon blood still coming from the wound in his neck. "We're going to need a white flag."

END OF STORY 1. STORY 2 COMING SOON!

Last edited by ~Dragonhorn~ on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm

wait... I'm confused... what happeded?

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next