FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp Empty The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Post by Adrian on Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 pm

This is Part 1 of a 3 Part series I plan to make, based off of Rick Riordan's successful series. Though Percy Jackson and his friends are not in here, I plan to make these stories just as special - by inviting YOU to play a part! You can ask to be featured in one of the next two stories I am constructing (the next one will be the Roman camp), and if everything seems all right, I will place your character in!

Main Characters in "The Forgotten Camp":
    Damien Ferrera
    Adrian Volkov (~Dragonhorn~)
    Samantha Greene (Glimmy)
    Arctander
    Orian Sulley (Whimsy)

Chapter 1

Damien

Date: May 25, 2025

I stood at the ridge of the rocky Mount Ka'ala, an extinct, yet gorgeous shield volcano, wrapping up the last tour of the mountain of the day. Instinctively, I squinted at the crowd as the sun reached its peak in the cloudless sky.

"And so, Waka found the lovers and cursed Laiekawahe for taking the wrong husband, angry that a grandson would not become a chief," I finished the Hawaiian legend, as children and some adults listened, captivated and amazed.

A kid with an Avenger's shirt stood up in the mild spring heat after sitting cross-legged. "So.... that's it? No happy ending?"

I shrugged and looked at him. "Some myths don't have a happy ending. They just explain why stuff exists, such as surfing," I explained, as if I was reciting lines. The child looked disappointed, but nodded, satisfied with my answer. It wasn't uncommon that someone piped in with a question like that. Everyone expects myths to be just the same as fairytales. But they aren't.

I was the youngest tour guide ever, at the age of 17, and I already knew more than some of the other guides. Unfortunately, that meant this was probably the best job I could find. Nowhere else in Oahu could I work. For some reason, they never accepted my applications, or they got lost. I was beginning to feel like my summer would once again become a huge disappointment, just like the kid was disappointed with the legend of Laiekawahe.

As the tourists left, snapping pictures of grass and clouds and stuff, I headed to the summit. After the tours, I liked to be at peace, maybe even connect with the ancient legends.

However, when I reached the peak of the eroded, black, sleeping rock, I was met by another person. He had blond hair, pale skin, blue eyes, and a moderately tall and muscular stature. There was a tribal-like tattoo on his right arm. He had his arms crossed.

He was most definitely not Hawaiian.

. . .

I stared at the ominous figure in front of me. He seemed like he was more than what he seemed - a 16 year old boy, with icy blue eyes and a powerful presence. It felt like he was from a different place, or even a different time.

He blinked, then smiled. "Nice to finally meet you, Damien." As he spoke, the air cooled - but not uncomfortably. I took a step forward, asking, "Who are you?" The wind slowly picked up.

He looked down at the plain below us. "My name is Adrian Volkov. But my identity is not important - it is yours. You have an awareness of Hawaiian legend, do you not?"

Woah. This kid knew a lot. But then again, I was know for being a myth nut. I loved Greek and Roman mythology as much as Hawaiian. "Yeah. What's it to you?" I asked, defensively. He just grinned. "Believe me, I just want to make sure I got the right person. Anyways, I am not here to talk about the legends you are familiar with. I am here to discuss who you really are."

I squinted my eyes. I didn't understand. I was Damien Ferrera, a Hawaiian-born guy with a 3.5 GPA and a small social circle. Why did he talk like there was something more to me?

He nodded as if he knew what I was thinking. Before he could speak, the temperature plummeted. Staring past my shoulder, he whispered, "Don't move." Tiny water droplets formed around the peak of Mount Ka'ala, and soon the place was surrounded by fog.

A hulking, humanoid form walked past me, nearly freezing my blood. He wore what looked like rags, and had icy, blue skin. His hair was covered in frost, and he smelled like frost-burnt meat. Adrian only looked at him in disdain. "A jötunn. Aleifr, this is beyond your realm. How on earth did you - "

"SILENCE!" He shouted, slamming the earth with his spiked club. "I wish only to deal with the other demigod for now. You may wait, son of Odin," he sneered, as if he was disdained. Adrian wavered, then stood his ground.

Aleifr turned to me, his ghastly gaze hammering me into the ground. "I see I interrupted your little epiphany ceremony. At least you know who you are before you are killed. Most demigods don't get the chance." I gaped, staring.

"I don't understand. I want to know more. Please, just let me - " I was cut off by a sudden, earth-shattering sonic boom. A sound wave emanated from Adrian's outstretched hands. The jötunn stumbled and fell as Adrian tossed me a razor sharp battle axe.

I expected the hulking thing to slam me to the ground as I caught it - but somehow, I managed to keep on my two feet. "Damien, take care of him," he said, a determined look on his face. I raised the axe, shakily. Aleifr just laughed as he looked up.

"Foolish child. You will never know how to be a true Nordic. NEVER! NEV - " He was cut off as I brought the axe down, catching him in the chest.

What should have been a wound existed a gaping void, slowly sucking in the surroundings like a black hole. Aleifr, along with the fog, was sucked up in it, until it closed completely with a roar. The regular Hawaiian air returned as if nothing had happened. I was still holding the axe. I blinked, unsure of myself. Did I just.....

Adrian spoke up. "He's fine, unfortunately. He is reforming in Jotunheim as we speak, no doubt holding the same grudge against me." He looked at the peak, taking a stone out of his pocket.

"As for us, we should be returning...." He looked over at me. "You OK?"

I nodded. "That pulse... what was that?" Adrian looked at his hands, scarred and rough. "I named it 'Odin's Voice,' but really, I can create any kind of sound. It's my demigod power. Well, one of them."

I stared. "Is it... is it really true? I mean, I have seen some weird stuff, but......" Adrian just nodded. "Yes, Damien. The Greek myths, the Roman, the Native American.... All are still alive to this day. They survive because of the Western world, influencing our daily lives. This includes all of the demigods as well. And you.... you are a Norse demigod."

He tossed his stone in front of him. It spun and spun, separating into six pieces. They revolved around one focal point, going faster, until a bright, fluorescent blue light glowed, and a wormhole-like tunnel formed. I gasped. "What the - where does that go?" Adrian just grinned again.

"Come on. This leads to Ancient Midgard, the old human world, and to Camp Odin. Once we are safely there, I will explain." The tunnel howled, spewing a blizzard unlike anything I had seen on television. It wrapped around me, eventually pulling me in.

I shut my eyes and prayed that I would make it.

Chapter 2

Damien

When the blizzard subsided, I looked out in front of me, blinking away the brightness of the storm. In my view was an expansive plateau, divided into three sections. One section had dome-like structures, as if it were ran by leprechauns.

Adrian pointed to that section. "That section is called New Nidavellir. That is where some of the dwarves live. They mainly do ironworks, the physical objects for Camp Odin." He then pointed to another section.

"That is New Alfheim. The light elves live there. Way better than dark elves. You don't want to mess with those guys. Light elves deal with light magic and healing, as well as archery. They are sort of like the satyrs and fauns of the Norse world. But much cooler," he said grinning. I just nodded. This was incredible. Mist shrouded the edge of the plateau, leading to somewhere I didn't know. I was sort of drawn to it.

He finally pointed to the third section. "That is the actual Camp Odin. All of the cabins are located there. This is where demigods and legacies, descendants of demigods, live and train. At least for the summer. I, if you didn't guess already, am the leader. As you probably know from Aleifr, I am the son of Odin, the king of the Norse gods." He looked at me if sizing me up. "You would most likely be a son of Forseti, the god of justice. You seemed to have brought the hammer down on that giant earlier," he laughed. I smiled too, though still unsure about my identity. My mother had spoken very little about my life. And by very little, I mean none at all. When I asked her about how I was as a baby, she would just fall quiet, and start constructing recipes again.

I had another question. "So.... are we in the Nordic regions? Like, in Europe?" Adrian just shuffled his feet.

"In a way. Because the Norse gods aren't recognized as much by Western Civilization, it has seceded from the modern world. This is a different plane of existence. It is the same Earth, but it is not." His face grew pink. "You... you get it?" I shook my head, and he grinned. "Eh, it took me a while too. In fact, about 12 - " He stopped short. "Let's continue on the tour, shall we?"

Adrian led me through the ancient land. We walked down a cobblestone path, lined with apothecary shops, food shops, clothing shops, and armories owned by humans, dwarves, elves, and other strange yet beautiful creatures. The sun rose west of the plateau, streaming light into the center village and awakening the flowers and trees. To the north, a blue-gray mist floated at the edge. The sky was cloudless

As Adrian and I passed through, they all turned to look at the newcomer - that is, me.

I smiled and nodded at them. They smiled and waved back, the same grin as Adrian had. However, Adrian was focused on another figure - a girl with raven-black hair and cloudy-gray eyes. She looked about 16, slightly shorter than Adrian. She was jogging up to us. Adrian waved her over.

"Hey Samantha! Damien, this is Samantha Greene, a daughter of Tyr. That's the Norse god of war. Sam, this is Damien Ferrera."

Sam nodded. "Adrian has been talking about you. I thought he was just insane.... but here you are. Have you been claimed?" I shook my head. She rubbed her chin. "I'd bet you would be a son of Thor." Adrian scoffed.

"That's a little bit of wishful thinking. But enough of that. We need to get you in a cabin until you are officially claimed." As he talked, he had a glint in his eye, as if he already knew my parent. "You will stay in Hlin's cabin. She is the goddess of protection, so she is sort of like Hermes." He motioned for me, and Sam followed.

As we walked, Sam leaned over to me. "Adrian's a little.... strange. He mostly stays in that clay temple over there," she nodded discreetly to the side. Beneath a small cliff sat a plain temple. The doors appeared to be sealed.

Eventually we made it to Camp Odin. All around, demigods and legacies walked around, carrying weapons, vials, and some of those strange stones.

Adrian pointed to a box of them being carried by an elf. "Those are runes. Runes have different effects. Some can only be activated by people with a specific power. Therefore, we have many runes with unknown powers." As Adrian talked, the elf stopped. "Hey! Where do you want me to put these?" He looked at me as he talked.

"Take them to the Odin cabin, Arctander. I'll sort through them." Arctander nodded, walking off towards the direction of the cabins. They took on a spiral shape, and as the pattern turned inwards, the cabins became more intricate and decorated, until a glowing, radiant one stood in the middle.

Samantha turned to me. "Come on, I'll show you - " She stopped short, her eyes growing wide. Arctander turned towards me too. "Oh my gods. Dude....." Around me, campers pointed and gasped at the area above my head. Even Adrian was stunned. "Well, you've been claimed. And a rare claiming too." I just looked above my head.

Above me was a glowing, spinning hologram. It glowed golden and silver, and had a man with two swords crossing his chest. Campers and elves bowed. Adrian just grinned. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, new stepbrother. All hail Damien Ferrera, the newest and sixth official son of Odin."

Chapter 3

Damien

I stared at the ceiling in the middle of the night, wondering what the heck was going on with my life. I had been through a fight, traveled to another plane of existence, and was accepted as the child of one of the most powerful gods in mythology. I was surprised at how I was accepting this.

Eventually I drifted off to sleep, hoping my dreams would take me to a better place.

However, they took me somewhere else.

Adrian walked over a bright green hill, thin, pale, and weary. He looked as if he were about to pass out. He stumbled, falling. A shout came from the valley below.

"MAN DOWN!" A tall kid with red hair rushed up the hill, carrying a bag of what looked to be medical supplies. Following him was another kid, who seemed like he was into IT support and fencing. The redhead lifted Adrian up. "Stay alive, man. I'm Jacob, and this is Matt. We gotcha." Matt grabbed Adrian's other arm, and they carried him down into the valley, which housed other sets of buildings, include a very big house.

The dream shifted, and Damien found himself in the medical unit - an infirmary. Adrian was laid down on a cot, and fed a strange liquid, like honey, and square shapes. Jacob chuckled a bit. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. Thankfully, you'll make it." Matt fed him some more of the medicine, asking, "What's your name?"

Adrian managed to get out, "Volkov... Adrian Volkov...." He drifted off into sleep. Damien looked at a calendar above the cot. Before the dream cut out to black, he read the date: "March, 201-"

Chapter 4

Orian

Date: July 3, 2013

I grunted as I dug around in the hot blazing desert of Death Valley. "Bloody Hades.... I don't even know what I'm looking for, but I must find it. I must!" Ever since Adrian vanished about a month ago, I had been looking for leads to his whereabouts. All the clues had led me to this ruddy desert. I panted as I looked up to the sky, my hands on my hips. I sighed in indignation.

"Orian Sulley is not giving up. Not yet, anyways....." I kept digging with my Celestial bronze shovel. Suddenly, I hit stone. At first, I thought it was bedrock or something. That was before I saw the fluorescent blue glow coming from an etching in the rock.

I cracked my knuckles and pointed at it. "Dnuorg eht morf kcor siht tfil!" Slowly, the ground broke away to reveal 1 square meter of ancient stone. It certainly was not Greek. It had mysterious symbols on it. Slowly, I reached out to put my hand on it.

Suddenly, a clicking sound came from within the slab of rock. "What the...." I breathed, before the stone shook and separated into six pieces, all revolving around a center point that began to glow.

"A rune...?" I couldn't say anything else, as I watched a monstrous blizzard explode from it and pull me in.

Orian

I opened my eyes and - well, that's all I could do. My vision was blurred, as if I was looking out through warped glass. I slowly realized that I was encased in ice - ice that, for some reason, I could not break out of. Frantically, I struggled, eventually becoming exhausted. I looked over at a crowd of people, surrounding one person. It reminded me of when I was claimed at Camp Half-Blood. Then, the kid in the middle, who had tan skin and blond hair, pointed over at me and shouted. A group of other people rushed over with hammers, as if this had happened often. In no time at all, I was out of the ice, and able to take in my new, exotic surroundings.

The kid, who appeared to be 16, spoke up. "So... I guess I'm not the only new kid now?" He laughed, and I laughed too. "Actually, I'm - "

Another kid interrupted me - one who was very familiar. "Orian? Orian Sulley?! Is that really you? How..... How did you get here?" He sounded slightly more concerned than excited. But I wasn't worried. I broke out into a big grin.

"Adrian, thank the gods I found you!" I ran over and tackle-hugged him. Not exactly "manly," but I admit I thought he was dead. The other people looked confused. A girl with black hair and olive skin spoke up next.

"You two.... know each other?" She asked skeptically. Adrian nodded apprehensively. "Yeah. Long story, Sam." Sam just shrugged. "Come on, Orian. You too, Damien. We need to give you a proper tour if you guys are going to stay a while."

I nodded in agreement. "I should get to know Adrian's new camp." Samantha stopped walking.

"New camp," she muttered. "Really, Adrian. How do you know this kid? Be honest. Remember I'm a daughter of Tyr, so don't try and make me mad."

Adrian, who obviously seemed to be the camp leader by the way the other campers stared at him, rubbed the back of his neck. "Sammy, please....." She strode over and whipped out a gleaming silver katana. It shone as if it was made out of dimly lit stars. "ADRIAN!"

The pale kid sighed. "OK.... before you met me.... before I came here, I was at a place called Camp Half-Blood. It's a camp for.... Greek demigods." He spoke like he was ashamed, which hurt me. What was so bad with Greece? Samantha just narrowed her eyes.

"You're lying. You were adopted into this camp. The plane crash...." She trailed off, looking unsure about her memory of him, with a puzzled look on her face. The air suddenly became tense.

At the edge of the camp I was in, in the misty fog, a low sound, like a foghorn, rumbled out from the void, and a red glow emanated from the mist. The temperature rose. A kid with rather pointy ears rushed towards it and knelt, as if listening to it. He then ran back here, paled more than ever. Adrian looked at him. "What's wrong, Arctander?"

"Something bad is coming, Adrian. Very, very bad."

. . .

Five minutes later, I was in a building I hadn't noticed before - a long oak hallway that housed a table, complete with candles and a chandelier made out of enchanted ice. I breathed in with shock as I entered. This place was incredible. It had to be at least 75 feet long. As I walked under the great chandelier, its icy presence seemed to connect with mine. I was, of course, a cryomancer as well as a sorcerer.

All the counselors sat down. Adrian, counselor of the Odin cabin and leader of camp, introduced me to the others.

First, he introduced Samantha Greene, counselor of Tyr, god of war and the sky. She gave a curt nod, obviously still annoyed with her friend. Next was Aiden Dawson, son of Bragi, god of poetry and music. Aiden had blond hair, similar to Apollo, but he was pale like the other Norse campers. Moira Fowler was daughter of Baldr, the god of beauty and peace. She smiled shyly at me, yet had a sad look in her eyes. Lucas Masterfield was son of Forseti, the god of justice and truth. Lucas nodded at me, a little coldly, as if he wanted to know more about me, then put me on trial.

Then we had Juliet Townsend, daughter of Freya, the goddess of love. To my surprise, she looked exactly like a daughter of Aphrodite, and not as Nordic as everyone else. I contemplated this later. A creepy kid, Drake Tanner, was son of Hel, the Norse equivalent to Hades. Drake was a dark-looking kid, with gauges and a black Drowning Pool T-Shirt that looked several years old. The Stevens twins represented Hlin, the goddess of consolation and protection. They reminded me of the pictures of Janus I saw in the Hecate Library books. One, Tyler, was cheerful and had a sunny disposition, while the other, Tilly, had a cranky and depressed look to her.

Next up, we had Flint James, counselor of Loki, who was the trickster god and god of fire. He had a strange look to him, like he was infamous in the camp. He analyzed me, sizing me up. Julia Ramirez was the daughter of Ran, the goddess of the sea. Her hair seemed to be wet, and she actually pulled some seaweed out of it, rather annoyed by its presence. Tabitha Hawthorne was the daughter of Thor, god of thunder and battle. Her eyes were a shocking yellow, and she had a wicked, spiked hammer on her back. Alex Simmons was the son of Vor, the Norse equivalent to Athena. He also looked much like other children of Athena - gray eyes, light brown hair, a superior aura. Finally, we had Danny Frost, son of Hodr. He was an albino - something rare among children of the gods.

While I found this new group of demigods to be formidable, they all looked sad or nervous - as if they knew what the future held, and it was not favorable. I tried to sympathize with them (being a demigod did suck, after all), but I couldn't place my mind on what was so terrible.

Adrian stood up, speaking first. "As you all know, we have not had a meeting in a long, long time. However, circumstances have recently arose, according to Arctander, that must be discussed."

"First off, we have a new rarity in camp - Damien Ferrera, son of Odin." Everyone turned to stare at the new camper, who appeared to be of Hawaiian descent.

Samantha greeted him formally. "It's nice to meet you, Damien." Some of the counselors nodded and said hello, but others were wary.

"He doesn't look Nordic. How can we trust him?" Lucas inquired, staring at Damien with hardened eyes. The other counselors nodded. Adrian just sighed, rubbing his eyes. "You say that about every camper. But yes, he is Hawaiian." Lucas instantly stood up.

"HA! He's a child of the Hawaiian gods! A traitor!" Damien crossed his arms defiantly, speaking up. "No way. I saw the hologram above my head. And you say your father is the god of justice and truth?" He inquired. Lucas glowered at him, and Flint grinned. "Sweet. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" He chanted

Adrian held out his hand, and suddenly no sound came out of Flint. He gaped in initial surprise, then calmed down. Adrian nodded. "We have bigger problems. Arctander, you may speak." The nature spirit stood up.

"According to the spirits of the mystics, we have a new prophecy on our hands.

The pillar of fire is trying his hand
    To bring the world to a dark end.
    The chance for redemption will forever be gone
    If five heroes cannot correct right from wrong.

Two brothers, the sister, the visitor, and the spirit
    Will together combine cunning and wit
    In an effort to discover the missing rune
    That will save all worlds from impending doom.

South of the great sea, buried in the melting sand
    Is the one key to travel to the forbidden land.
    Across an archaic and seismic place
    The heroes and the villain will come face to face.

Two battles will arise - the first will end in disaster
    But twins will help make the second a little faster.
    The giant will rise, his power much more great
    And two camps will unite to determine Earth's fate.

The truth will be revealed about the brothers' history
    And end a decades-old mystery."

Arctander nodded and took his seat. Moira blinked away tears. "That sounds a lot like....."

Drake nodded. "Ragnarok. But that doesn't make sense at all. It doesn't talk about any deaths." Adrian nodded in agreement.

"Drake makes an excellent point. We may be facing an early attempt at Ragnarok, one that strays away from the actual prophecy. We should sleep on this and talk about it in the morning." He clapped his hands twice, and the doors opened, the chandeliers going out. Outside, the sky was starry, and the moon very big. "Nighty-night."

The counselors stood up, and a girl walked up. She had purple hair, charmed to make it sparkle, and deep brown eyes. "Eh, sorry I'm late again guys. Got lost in my studies." Adrian rolled his eyes, more jokingly than anything. "You're fine, Dahlia." She blushed, looking at me. "You're a son of Hecate, aren't you? I'm Dahlia Rose, counselor of the Freya cabin. She's the goddess of magic as well as love and beauty and...." She looked around at the other counselors and spirits looking at her, blushing again.

"Umm..... let me take you to my cabin. We have a lot of kids, but I can make expansions." She took my hand and quickly led me away. Adrian called to me.

"Don't forget to meet back here in the morning! We have more to discuss about the meeting!"

Chapter 5

Orian

I looked up at the night sky. The Milky Way stretched all the way across, and on the horizon, the full moon hovered. It was much bigger than on Earth. I felt at any moment, it may crash into camp. To the left of me, the dwarves appeared to be having a festival. A massive bonfire burned brightly, and they were dancing, spilling what appeared to be rum as they moved. Dahlia giggled.

"Dwarves may be strange, but they are an asset to Camp Odin. Excellent craftsmen." I nodded in agreement. "It's weird. Dwarves, in 2013." I laughed a bit. Dahlia gave me a rather odd look. "2013? Orian, this is 2025."

I blinked. "What? No, it's not. It's May 26, 20-"

"-25." Dahlia finished my sentence. "When you came here... did you travel through time?"

I gulped at that question. "That's impossible. Time travel isn't......" But I knew it was. Greek demigods were warned to stay far away from the Lotus Hotel in Las Vegas. Dahlia only took my hand. Her brown eyes met mine. "Don't worry. We will find a way back, for you." She blinked as well, perhaps realizing that it would be impossible to go back into time.

I took my hand. "I should go to sleep." She nodded, and led me to her cabin.

. . .

The first thing I noticed were the thousands of runes lining the walls, floor, and ceiling.

They glowed randomly - some floated, some made pulsing noises, some even faced you, as if they were heads. The cabin didn't look like many people lived there, but Dahlia put her hand on a midnight blue rune. It blinked red, and the cabin magically stretched longer than the meeting room, at least 100 feet. A bed far at the end glowed cyan. Dahlia pointed to it.

"That's your bed, right there." We both walked to it, and I hopped into it, grinning. "Comfy." It was. It reminded me of my home in London, before I ran off....

The daughter of Freya looked down at me. "Don't be sad. Here, we all are. I don't want a visitor to be sad as well." I looked up at her.

"Why is everyone here sad? This is a wonderful place." Dahlia just shook her head. "It's not what we have now that worries us. It's what we will have in the future. Odin, Thor, Tyr, Freya, Loki.... many gods, our parents, will die during Ragnarok. And with the new prophecy... That has many of us worried."

I nodded, though I didn't understand. Godly parents almost never interact with their children. Many of us at Camp Half-Blood would be apathetic if our parents died, as sad as it sounds. Dahlia placed a rather cold hand on my head. "Goodnight... what was your name?"

I smiled a bit. "Orian. Orian Sulley."

Chapter 6

Samantha

Date: May 27, 2025

A tall red-haired kid stood in front of a large, color-changing bonfire. It appeared that he was wrapping up a speech.

"So don't forget to thank a naiad today! Matt, anything to add?" His friend, who sat in a chair beside him, shook his head, grinning. "I think you wrapped it up, Jacob." As people began to leave, a familiar figure rushed to Jacob - Orian. He whispered something into Jacob's ear, and the redhead's eyes widened.

"All counselors please come to the meeting room!" He, Orian, and Matt quickly sped to a large red farm house.

The scene changed, and I was inside what appeared to be a game room, with a pool table in the middle. A large figure stepped from the shadows - a centaur.

"Is what you said true, Orian? Has Adrian really vanished?" He appeared tired, but extremely worried - like he failed a very important test. Orian only looked down at the table, at the blue and black stains on it. "I could only find one thing, Chiron." He placed a broken rock, split down the middle, on the table, and most of the counselors gasped.

I could easily tell what it was though. A rune. But how did it break? Normally, the ones with great power only do that.

"So... he is - was Nordic, wasn't he?" A kid spoke up, his voice a little shaky. I didn't understand why, until Chiron responded.

"Yes Seamus... but if he was like his predecessors, we would have found him to be less friendly. He helped our camp, and we should be thankful. Orian, could you - Orian?" He glanced at Orian's spot, but the son of Hecate was gone.

I woke up in a sweat, scared and confused. I looked around the cabin. My lazy half-brother, Brandon, was snoring. Everyone else was doing their 6:00 AM training. Sleepily, I walked to the bathroom and gazed into the mirror.

...if he was like his predecessors, we would have found him to be less friendly. I stared into my blue eyes, looked at my black, long hair. Is that what the rest of the myth world thinks? We're savage beings? Sure, we tend to have short fuses... but we surely wouldn't attack unless we are provoked. We've grown more trader friendly after the fall of the Roman empire - since we struck a deal with a large clan of dwarves in Antarctica, we've achieved mass amounts of Lunar silver. I looked down at my sink and decided to get packed for our quest.

. . .

At 8 o'clock, I strode outside with my backpack and met up at the edge of the plateau with the other members. Damien appeared to be a little shaky, which was understandable. There was only one way back into the mortal world, and apparently Adrian had explained that to him.

Ugh. Adrian. Ever since he came to camp as an orphan (I swear to Odin that was the story!), I thought I knew him perfectly. Adrian Volkov, currently 16 years old, from New York City. Loves shrimp scampi, hates Top 40's music. Has he lied to me all these years? I thought I knew him so well, I was prepared to take our friendship to the next level.

Too damn bad.

I gave him a "whatever" look as I arrived, glancing at his necklace. Seven mini-runes were strung on it, and in the middle glowed a white one, as if it was still activated. He claims he doesn't know where it came from, or its properties, but I am taking that with a grain of salt now.

He glanced at me, as if he was apologetic, but couldn't do anything about it. Arctander nodded at me, his blond hair moving in the wind. I thought it slightly annoying how elves grew their hair out. At least they were more handsome than dark elves. I met one once. I wish I hadn't.

"Ready, Samantha?" He asked inquisitively. I shrugged. "I haven't seen the outside world in years. Of course I am." Damien twitched a bit, but then calmed down, looking around sheepishly. "Sorry. Jumping off of a cliff isn't my idea of a quick ride. I can only think of scenes from 'The Ring.'" Well, that made things easier.

I sighed at the churning mist, that contained the spirits of the mystics - our oracles. Below, I could hear the cold sea roiling. "Where are we going, exactly?" Adrian grinned. "Well, south of the great sea indicates only one thing, really. The Sahara Desert."

I stepped up to the very edge, and the wind picked up. I could feel heat coming from the chasm before me. "Ladies first," I muttered, and plummeted to my death.

Okay, that was a little overdramatic.

Chapter 7

Samantha

"Sam.... wake up."

"SAM!"

I snorted as I flickered my eyes open, instantly blinded by the desert sun. Arctander gazed down at me. "Did you just snort?" He asked, chuckling. I shook my head. "Shut up. Where are we?" I asked, glancing around at the endless desert sand.

Adrian looked up at the empty sky. "Probably not near Egypt. We would have to be at least a little close to the Mediterranean if we are looking for a rune." He wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead. "Damn, it's hot though."

"I could help with that," Orian said. I just stared at him, unsure. "How?" He just grinned, and clapped his hands. A low howl blew through the dunes, and the air chilled. Frost began covering the sand around us. Damien widened his eyes. "Woah."

He pretty much said it all. "Orian, you're a cryokinetic?" He nodded. "Yep. I am also very skilled with sorcery. Except runes. I tend to screw those up." I nodded, looking at my bracelets. I could turn pretty much anything into a lethal weapon, but my bracelets usually served as personal weapons.

Adrian closed his eyes, taking a simple dowsing rune out of his pocket. His hand lifted north - at least, I figured it would be. "Lead the way, Magellan," I said, grinning. We walked, and the frost followed us.

Arctander looked over at Damien. "Awfully quiet there, bro. You OK?"

Damien blinked, then nodded. "Just wondering... will I have a power too?" Adrian just scoffed. "Yeah. You're a son of Odin, after all. Probably sonokinesis, like me. That's sound control." Damien nodded.

I watched a camel and its owner trudge across the desert. Wait a second - I rechecked the scene. They weren't walking. They were moving something - a large, gray boulder. I elbowed Adrian, and he shot me a dirty look. I pointed. "Is that - " He shook his head. "No. That's not THE rune. But it is A rune." We walked up to the mysterious person. He wasn't an adult (he looked about 13), and he didn't have traditional Arabic clothing, but he did appear to be from the region. He waved to us, and the camel turned its head. He nodded to the stone and spoke to us in Arabic - a language neither I nor Adrian understood.

Thank the gods for Arctander, though. He looked over at us. "His name is Omar. He wants to know about the rock. What do I do?"

Adrian facepalmed. "Lie." Arctander shrugged. "....I, uh, knew that."

Arctander responded, apparently trying to explain the weird looking boulder surrounded by yellow sand. However, the kid wasn't buying it. He looked at me, and spoke, in rather perfect English. "You willing to tell me the truth?" I blinked, but Adrian nodded. "Might as well tell him. This here, sir, is a - " He was stopped by a hiss, and the kid pulled out a weird, long stick. It looked like a wand. "Stay still," he ordered, and I was willing to obey.

Arctander whispered to me. "That's a basilisk, isn't it?" I only nodded, slowly moving my arms so both my hands touch opposite bracelets. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the basilisk stomp around us, and I was careful not to look into its eyes. After all, I did value life and wanted to continue it. Omar raised his wand, and uttered something I couldn't comprehend, because the basilisk hissed again and rushed to him.

Too late. The basilisk was hit by a bright yellow bolt, and it stopped, stock still. It screamed and stumbled back as a rooster ran up, clucking. The tiny fowl looked up at the sky and crowed, and the basilisk glowed, eventually exploding and evaporating into sand.

Omar nodded, as if he did that every single day, and looked over at our gaping mouths. "What? Basilisks can't stand rooster's crows." He looked at his watch. "I gotta run. See you guys another time. Maybe. I dunno." He raised his wand, and the sand swallowed him up in a whirlpool of heat.

I stared at the now-empty landscape. "What just happened." Adrian shook his head. "Let's get out of here. I don't want to get killed by something else." He walked over to the boulder, which was indeed a rune, according to the spiral marking on it.

Nodding, he placed a scarred hand on the rock. "This is it. Hold onto your pants. Next stop... well, where does this go?" He inquired.

Arctander looked at the rune. "I thought we agreed on Muspelheim," he spoke, shivering. "I don't want to go there...." But the rune lifted as Adrian activated it. It glowed red, and sent a shockwave across the Sahara. I flinched as the sand I was standing on started turning into liquid.

Adrian grabbed my wrist. "This is weird," he muttered. A river of sand slowly moved downhill, and we frantically swam towards the "shore". As we moved, it grew thicker and hotter. Parts of it even burst into flames

Damien was the first to reach the shore. He lifted Orian out, who helped Arctander in turn. Finally, I was pulled out of the torrent, and Adrian crawled to safety. As I looked around, I saw how lucky we were. The river of sand was now magma. Arctander stared grimly at the spiky, black, ashen landscape that surrounded us. "Welcome to Muspelheim. Home of the fire giants and demons. And Surt."

Chapter 8

Damien

Words cannot express how unbelievably out of place I was. Two well trained Nordic kids, a highly skilled light elf... even Orian looked like he was used to this setting. I however had no idea what to expect. The only time I swung the axe I carried was to kill Aleifr, and that was a purely instinctual action.

It still pissed me off that I had no power. No sign at all. In the few minutes of free time during our quest, I had tried to channel some kind of energy. But to no avail. Least I can call myself a son of Odin. A weak one at that.

Meanwhile, Adrian and Sam were bickering about obsidian or something. It struck me odd that two people who were once very close to each other, as explained by Arctander, were now suddenly at ends with each other since two days ago. At first, I thought it was me, but I took that thought with a grain of salt. Adrian had been lying to Sam, anyways. However, he still has no recollection of how he got to camp and became leader. Neither does anyone else.

So there we were, 5 kids on their death wish to stop a potential apocalypse. At least we probably had a long time until we reached Surt's forces, right?

Wrong. Odin knows how he knew about our quest. Maybe he had scouts..... that moved really fast. Either way, we knew we were possibly screwed when we saw a massive fireball loom from a spiky mountain, slowly coming towards us.

Arctander screamed first, leaping into Samantha's surprisingly sturdy arms, who screamed as well. Adrian had other plans, though. "I don't think it focuses in on enemies. Maybe if we moved towards it's owner, then, given the trajectory...."

Orian cut him off. "Whatever, man, let's go!" He rushed, me following him, the rest close behind. We didn't make it far, only about 100 feet, before a fire demon slammed a 5-foot-high wall of fire in front of us. It cackled mercilessly.

"Master will make sure you fools will never be heard of again!" It hissed, and launched a fireball - at me.

You know how during near-death experiences, time seems to slow down? Well, that was how I felt when the comet of flames rocketed towards my face. I had just enough reaction time to duck. Then, when I got the chance, I swung my axe at the creep. It screamed in slo-mo, eventually turning into a black void, sucking the ash into it, and disappearing.

Time returned to normal. I wiped some sweat off of my forehead, and everyone stared at me. Samantha raised a finger. "How did you - " Adrian shook his head. "No time for chatting," he said, unsure of what he saw himself. But an idea formed in my head - something that may have been freakishly insane, but possibly true. I went over to my half-brother and whispered my theory into his ear. He leaned back, thinking.

"I don't know. It's a possibility. I've had near death experiences, but none like that. We'll talk about that after we stop the ruler of Muspelheim and save the planet, OK?" I nodded. We continued on our journey, keeping an eye on the looming meteor headed for us.

Ten minutes later, the fireball was directly over our heads. We were only about several miles from the spiky mountain-fortress of Surt when it floated 100 feet above our heads. Then, it stopped. We watched it just sit in the sky, flickering. Arctander rubbed his chin. Samantha squinted her eyes. "Now wha......" Her voice was swallowed up by a great roar as it sent a fiery shockwave across the brimstone plane. As it rocketed towards us, Orian froze us in an icy block. "Hang on tight!"

Instantly, steam billowed around us, and my skin instantly sunburnt - a rare occurrence when you are Hawaiian. As I winced, I heard a booming voice, and a red light slowly pulse from a great, 12-foot figure only several yards away. Arctander gulped nervously. "Surt."

"Did you really think I would let my stupid minions kill you? I want to see the look of fear on your faces when you realize that you cannot stop the inevitable!" He unsheathed a great, flaming sword, swung it three times, and stabbed it into the ground.

Fissures rocketed from the sword, forming jagged tears, and springing up deadly spikes, which shrank away as they reached out. We jumped around, frantic and unsure of what to. Orian launched volleys of ice shards and ancient spells, but they bounced off of Surt's flailing sword. Meanwhile, I hopped between multiple spikes, again feeling the strange sense of time slowness. Adrian launched sonic beams at Surt, which seemed to slow him down, but he regained his footing when he saw Sam fling a wicked, razor-embedded mace at him. Grunting, Surt latched onto it and tugged, flinging Sam across the battlefield. She slammed into a spire and fell between two great boulders, groaning weakly. Orian saw what he had done and murmured something that sounded like "Elbisivni lla su nrut," and we faded from Surt's view.

Arctander was the first to reach Sam's battered body. "No, no, no..." he muttered, and held his hands over her. Slowly, Sam's eyes flickered open, and she gasped in pain. "Son of a bitch, that hurts...." Arctander grinned. "Orian has us under a cloaking spell. No way he can detect us." The sorcerer grimaced in response. "I don't know how long I can keep us like this. Maybe he is right. Maybe cataclysm is inevitable...."

Adrian just stared at the ground. You could hear the gears turning in his head. We turned to him. He was, after all, sort of the leader. He reached up, taking his necklace off. Pulling a emerald rune off of it, he finally spoke. "Two people gave this to me long ago, making me promise to never use it until the end." He placed it onto his right forearm, where there was an emblem I had noticed only once before - a cyan tattoo, with a jagged spiral design. It stuck, and began flickering rapidly. Adrian sighed in resignation. "Orian, when you know you can't hold it off for long, let it go. Right now, we need to heal Sam...."

Chapter 9

Damien

It was a surprisingly lengthy process, healing Sam. Somehow, Orian pulled through. We determined that Sam had managed to survive most of the impact, but she had a pretty mild concussion. All the same, she could barely stand up. While Arctander healed her, Adrian discussed his plan with me. It was pretty flawless, except for only one thing. Even if this WAS my power, how would I know what to do? Adrian said, "Just pray to father. He will guide you."

I sighed and looked at Sam. She gave me a thumbs-up sign, but I knew we would be in quite a bit of danger. If Adrian really could time his charm just right, though, we might stand a chance.

For some reason, though, my mind didn't settle on the plan. It settled on the last stanza of the prophecy. "The truth will be revealed about the brothers' history / And end a decades-old mystery."

What truth is that? I didn't understand how it involved both me and Adrian. My history is boring as hell. I grew up with a single mom on Oahu, in Hawaii. Studied well, aced many classes. I didn't have any friends. Outside of academics, I was nothing special. Adrian, on the other hand, is a badass. His past is shrouded in mystery, not mine. Unless....

I blinked. Orian had collapsed into sleep. We were no longer cloaked. Adrian looked over. "Shit, Sam is still hurt, and Arctander is locked in a healing spell. Looks like it truly is just you, me and Surt."

"EXCELLENT! Odin's kin versus the Aesir's greatest fear himself! Would you like to surrender now, or be crushed like maggots?" He crooned with glee, excited that things were still going his way.

Adrian and I looked at each other, and we both nodded. This is it. Live, or die. Surt screamed in fury. "DIE!!!!!!!!!" He launched a tsunami of pure flame and brimstone at our group, and I held out my hands, praying to dad. "Please, father. Please, let this work. It's not time yet. Not... time...."

Everything around us slowed to a halt.

Adrian

Just as Damien revealed his spell, I revealed my own master plan. I slammed my hand down on the emerald rune, and a portal opened behind us. Perfect.

Adrian slowly lowered his hands, turning to me. Surt and his death wave were frozen behind him. Our incapacitated friends were locked in a pose as well. "So... you were right." I shook my head. "No. You were right. Jeez, Damien. Chronokinesis. You little time-bender you." I grinned at him, turning to the bright, swirling green portal. Damien stepped up beside me, raising an eyebrow. "So, this leads to Camp Half-Blood."

I nodded. "June 9, 2013. The wormhole should stabilize the time spell you put down. Despite that effect, we should make this fast. I know my friends should understand what's going on." Damien just looked at me in disbelief. "So... Matt, Jacob, Seamus... they're all Greek." I nodded. "They're friendlies though. Enough talk, man. Let's get our back-up!"

We both leaped into the past.

Date: June 9, 2013

Adrian

It was just as I remembered it. The two horse-shoe circles, the rock-climbing wall, the lake, the arena.... I looked around at the camp in pure nostalgia. This was the first place I actually felt accepted.

I held back tears. "OK, Jacob should be swimming at the lake." I walked down there, momentarily forgetting about Damien, and wanting to find my long lost friend. However, when I rushed down to the crystal waters of the lake, neither he nor Matt was there. In fact, I heard nobody. Not even the naiads, the ancient Greek water spirits that resided in the lake.

I shook my head. "This isn't right. Where did everyone go?" Damien could only shrug. It has been told I have a bad habit of asking either impossible or rhetorical questions. I sighed and looked at the loud, raucous, dangerous woods. The woods.....

Damien pointed to a plume of smoke. "What's that?" He asked. But I knew. I forgot they did something once a week. Capture the Flag. I rolled my eyes. "I hate to break it up... they're playing a game. Things might get interesting, but we need to talk to Jacob and Matt." Surprisingly, Damien nodded, despite the risk of getting sliced into bits (trust me, I've seen the Hephaestus traps and that cabin is not to be trifled with). "Let's do it. I don't have enough energy to slow down time, but... I don't know. I feel as if something is awakening in me, ever since I paused time in Muspelheim." I looked him over. He did have a confident aura... but he seemed more different. More intelligent.

We raced towards the war-torn woods.

. . .

We almost died before we even entered the woods - I barely heard them before I could overload them with a static pulse. Sonic arrows used to be weak, but it was sort of me who provided a wider range of sound samples for them. Luckily, I knew the whistling sound they made, and barely saved our skins.

"Hey!" One of the campers shouted in anger, but Damien and I raced into the forest. Thank the gods that kid had the same mindset as I do. It was almost unnerving. I looked over at my half-brother as we ran. "We can't hurt them. We need as much help as we can get - " I was stopped by an Apollo camper, swinging down from a vine and tackling me in a very Tarzan-like fashion. I hit the dirt, hard, and I heard a crunch as my shoulder was dislocated. I grimaced in pain. That can't be good.

"Got you, punk," the demigod growled in my face. Then, his triumphant look turned into disbelief. "Ye gods.... Adrian Volkov?" Some of the other half-bloods crowded around me, murmuring. I just rolled my eyes. "Thanks, asshole. Listen Thomas, I - we have a BIG problem. And I need to get to Jacob. Unfortunately, this means we need to cut off Capture The Flag." Thomas Histinger nodded. "He should be at the creek. I'll lead you to him." He helped me up, feeding me that weird concoction of nectar and ambrosia to ease the pain (personally, I preferred Norse elixirs). We trudged toward the creek, and one of the Apollo campers raised a white flag with a red palm, signaling the interruption of the game.

. . .

The first thing Jacob said when he saw us? "Son of a bitch...." 

Then, "Wait - Adrian?" I simply nodded, looking at his disbelieving face.

"We don't have time to catch up. Listen, this is gonna sound weird, and I know you may not believe me for ditching camp like that... but I got sent to the future. Long story short, we need reinforcements to stop... a Norse being." Many of the campers, include the ones who were running up here.

"Norse..?"
    "...future...?"
    "They aren't gonna steal my Pokemon cards, are they?"

Jacob just stared at me. "Wha...? I... I don't know, man. I thought you died, and Orian ran off to find you and he..." I shook my head. "Orian's in the future, with us. He is unconscious, and I - Damien and I just don't have the manpower to stop Surt. He'll bring about his own Ragnarok if we can't stop him. Please, you have to help." Damien nodded in agreement.

There was a long, tense silence. Then, Jacob did something I didn't expect. He laughed. But it was a good-hearted laugh. "A Norse, asking for a Greek's help!" But, to my surprise, he nodded. "Of course. I don't hate you for running off, Adrian. I just wished you talked to me about what was going on." Jacob cupped his hands and shouted throughout the woods. "ALL CAMPERS, MEET AT THE TOP OF HALF-BLOOD HILL IMMEDIATELY! COME PREPARED!" He looked back at me. "Too bad Matt's somewhere else, or I'd have him send a telepathic message. It's good to see you again, man."

Thomas turned to me, a shining grin on his face. "Sorry about your shoulder, bro."

Chapter 10

Adrian

It seemed to take forever to get all of the Greeks. I knew they tended to be laid back, and time was paused in the future and all, but I knew Damien's spell couldn't last long. The wormhole was already flickering. But it held up long enough for one short speech, held by none other than Jacob Thane himself.

"OK, team, listen up. This is our first non-Greek entity we are going up against. I don't expect zero casualties, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't die. For Adrian and Damien's sake, K?" He spoke seriously, giving a big thumbs-up to our mini-army. They raised their swords: "FOR GREECE!" Jacob just shook his head. "No. Not just Greece today, people. For Greece AND for Scandinavia." I nodded in agreement, adding, "It's high time we set aside our previous differences." 

Meanwhile, Damien tapped his foot impatiently. "Can we go now? I think this time-power thing is latched to my life force."

He was right. I could see bags under his eyes, and his skin was getting considerably paler. I turned to the portal and snapped my fingers, allowing it to swallow us into the future.

. . .

Damien

The battle was... interesting. I didn't need to unpause time - my energy for it had run out, and Surt's wave was rendered ineffective when Jacob swung his trident and summoned his own wall of water, throwing the fire giant back several meters. The rest of the army easily took down his stupid forces. Despite looking unorderly, they were pretty badass at their work. Everywhere I turned, flashes of red denoted a demon vanishing from existence. But twice as many appeared as their friends died.

Meanwhile, Adrian and I took care of Sam and Orian, who were barely recovering. Sam woke up first, blinking slowly.

"G-Greeks...?" She asked slowly. Then, she shook her head. "Adrian... I'm so sorry for not believing you...." The son of Odin picked up her hand, grasping it. "You had every right not to trust me. I lied, and that was wrong. But... there are parts of my past I still don't know about... You have to understand that..."

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHH!!!!!" Surt roared mightily as he sent a shockwave of pure, searing heat, knocking hundreds of troops down - including Jacob and Matt. Then, the blast reached our group, and a blinding flash flooded my vision.

Time seemed to slow down in that instant. I couldn't describe what it was. It wasn't necessarily a flashback of sorts. But images of camp flickered in front of my eyes - the cabins, the meeting hall... all of them seemed very unfamiliar... until....

"Damien, what are you doing?!" An undistinguishable voice cried at me. It all happened in a blur. Like they were programmed, my hands grasped my axe and swung it three times throwing it and catching Surt dead-center in his chest.

A high-pitched shriek rolled across Muspelheim. But it didn't come from Surt. It came from my axe. A 3 foot long shaft of light shot from it, and more spread, like cracks in space. Frantically, Greek soldiers crawled away as the cracks formed a spiderweb of light, and enveloped the fire giant.

"DAMIEN.... YOU HAVE MADE A GREAT ENEMY TODAY.... IN THE END I WILL BE BA - " A vortex of light materialized, cutting off Surt's parting shot and sucking him into oblivion. Wind stirred, sucking air into the void. The ground shook as spikes, fire demons, monsters, and obsidian flew into the vortex. It grew and grew, swallowing my allies, my friends, and eventually me.

Last edited by Zedd on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 am; edited 25 times in total
    Adrian
    Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 pm

OHHHH! I'M INTRIGUED

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Forgotten Camp

Post by Adrian on Tue May 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Whimsy wrote:OHHHH! I'M INTRIGUED

It's an idea that has manifested and grown in my head for a while. It's slightly inspired by a video game.

(June 14, 2013)

Had to post final chapter here. Too big to put in OP.

Damien

"Unggggghhh....." Arctander groaned as he lay face down on the cobblestone.

Wait - the cobblestone? Sitting up, I looked around with anticipation. We were back home, in Central Camp Odin. All around us, people went on with their camp lives - trading clothes, chatting, drinking, having a good time.

But Adrian just stared at the cave-like formation with the huge twin doors. My grin faded. "A-Adrian? You OK?" He just turned to me. "I... I think I understand the last line of the quest." Brushing soot off of his shorts, he motioned for me to follow him. Nervously, I obliged. What was the big deal about those doors? Unless it had to do with Adrian's past... and apparently mine.

He opened one of the large doors, letting me enter first. A neutral, somewhat understanding look was on his face. I looked around in the eerie shrine. It was a white marble box, with a square dais in the middle. Adrian walked up to it, as if in a trance. I followed him, watching him step on it. He turned to me. "Step on here. I think it needs both of us to activate it." I shook my head. "Activate what?" I asked in disbelief.

He just looked at me. "The truth. About you and I." I had no other choice but to oblige, climbing onto the white platform.

Slowly, the dais lowered into the ground, and Adrian and I began floating. The shrine around us faded into black, and tiny bright pinpoints of light surrounded us. "Woah," I breathed, and Adrian slowly smiled in amazement. "It's... outer space," he whispered. I looked at him. "S-Space? How is that possible?"

He said nothing, as from the darkness in front of us was Earth. I gritted my teeth in growing frustration. "What does this have to do with our past?" I said, closing my eyes.

"I'll tell you what it means," a woman's voice replied. I opened my eyes. "Huh?"

A pair of twins, maybe in their late 30's, floated above us in the void. Apart from age, they were utterly indistinguishable. The man, apparently irritated, scolded his twin. "Honestly, Grace, the child has a point."

Grace rolled her eyes. "They need to understand who they're facing."

"Facing? They're practically surrounded by the 'who' in question!"

"EXCUSE ME," Adrian practically shouted. "Who are you two?"

"Excused," the woman spoke, somewhat offended. "I am Grace."

"I am Greg," the man introduced himself.

My head seemed to move back and forth as the two spoke. It was as if neither could talk unless the other talked first. It was truly very creepy. And weird. But Adrian and I needed answers, so I spoke up again. "Who am I really?" I demanded.

"The question isn't who you are. More so, it is when and where you were," Grace emphasized. She then held out her hand, and I was swept into the past.

"We tried to wipe as much of the past as possible from Adrian Volkov. But it seems his mind was more powerful than we thought. Though he remembered parts of Camp Half-Blood, he did not remember a very important piece of history..."

A different Adrian rushed toward a great pillar in front of a shiny mirror-like lake - though I hadn't seen it in person before, I knew it was the Washington Monument. As Adrian ran, he stumbled, weak and exhausted. Falling to the ground, he was so tired he couldn't do anything but sob uncontrollably.

"It's useless. I might as well kill myself right here and now. Camp Odin won't accept me. Nobody will," he muttered. But just then, two familiar voices rang out from behind him.

"That attitude certainly won't fix anything."

"No, we have a better way."

Adrian turned around in surprise. "Who... who are you? And how can you help me?"

"We don't matter. You do. And you need help. All you have to do is trust us."

"We can give you a new life. A better one. You'll be adored by your own kind."

Adrian nodded in anticipation. "Yes, yes, please. I'm willing to steal someone else's place."

The twins nodded, and the scene changed. What I saw next nearly made me vomit.

It was the same Camp Odin. The difference was, it wasn't Adrian running the camp. It was ME. I was the camp leader. Samantha and Arctander walked with me around camp. I stared at myself enjoying the amenities Camp Odin provided. Adrian just stared, shocked and ashamed all at once.

"You... you took my place. I remember now. I remember the counselors, the dwarves...." I trailed off. I lost it then.

"YOU BASTARD! What the hell was going through your mind?! I was happy then!" I screamed, tears beginning to well up. Adrian just stared at the other Damien. "I… I was so lost, and confused. I was willing to do anything. I didn't really mean to screw up your life, Adrian. I would have been happy to just be a camper."

His eyes watered. "This is all my fault. I'm the reason you lived such a lonely life."

Grace spoke up. "To be fair, we were the ones who did the actual time manipulation."

"Quite ironic how a chronokinetic remembers less of the past than a sonokinetic."

"At least this realization gives us more time to speak about a more important subject."

Adrian looked up in disbelief. "And what would that be," he groaned. He looked absolutely miserable. But I was still pissed at him for ruining my life. Grace and Greg just waved their hands, and the scene went back to the celestial void we first entered in.

"At this point, our identities do matter."

"Greg and I are former minions of one of the most diabolical entities in the universe."

"Though Chaos has been a little under-the-weather recently…."

"Chaos," Adrian breathed. "Isn't that like, the void in which everything sprang?"

"Indeed it is. Now, it plans to delete everything from existence."

"He's already taken down that Muspelheim fellow."

"But don't think of that as good. In fact, it is rather bad for the stability of the universe."

"We really switched your places in a now-failed attempt to save the fire giant. Now, Chaos has set things in motion."

I began to speak, maybe to ask a question, or input a comment. I couldn't remember. Because a loud shriek pierced the thick walls of the shrine. Adrian turned to me. "That's Orian. Something is wrong, wrong, wrong…." He trailed off and rushed outside.

. . .

In the center square, villagers and campers stood in a large oval around a center point. But I knew it wasn't a claiming. It looked more… like a fight? Adrian simply rushed in to break up whatever was going on.

As the crowd parted, I saw Dahlia, the counselor of Freya, with her hands wrapped around Orian's neck. He had obviously tried to put up a fight - the fountain they were near was frozen solid, and ice spikes littered the square. But somehow Dahlia was impermeable.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" Orian struggled, trying to rip the hands away from his neck. Dahlia stared coldly down at him, until Adrian football-tackled her into the icy fountain. "What the HELL is your problem, Dahlia…."

I knew why he trailed off. Dahlia Rose… she wasn't a camper. No, I remembered. She wasn't one of us. Dahlia cackled mercilessly. "FOOLS! Chaos will rise and see you all torn from existence personally, before his master plan begins. AHAHAHAHAHAH-" She folded - literally, FOLDED herself up and disappeared. Orian put his head in his hands and sobbed uncontrollably. "No, no, no… we were about to kiss… Damnit!" As he moved, I spotted a dark red liquid run down from his neck.

"Ye gods, Orian…" I muttered. "You… you're bleeding. Badly." Orian took a hand and lifted it to his neck. "W… what? I don't care. Let me die. Aphrodite thinks I'm just a fool." Adrian took some of the dark blood and tasted a dab of it. He cringed. "Ugh. That's no ordinary venom. That's… that's deadly. A product of Chaos himself…" A murmur spread through the villagers - nobody had an antidote for venom like this.

"Oh, but someone DOES have an antidote."

I widened my eyes, turning around. "Greg. Tell me who."

"We can only tell you this - it belongs to Orian's counterpart. In a camp like yours only in one likeness."

"That was more cryptic than it should have been."

"Well, I try." The twins faded. I turned to Adrian. "What's that supposed to mean?" He just shrugged. "It could be a lot of things at this point."

"No," Orian groaned. "It… I know what it is." He looked around at the villagers, maroon blood still coming from the wound in his neck. "We're going to need a white flag."

END OF STORY 1. STORY 2 COMING SOON!

Last edited by ~Dragonhorn~ on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

I LIKE IT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 pm

(Augh, typing bug. This may be unfinished.)

Damien

I stared at the ominous figure in front of me. He seemed like he was more than what he seemed - a 16 year old boy, with icy blue eyes and a powerful presence. It felt like he was from a different place, or even a different time.

He blinked, then smiled. "Nice to finally meet you, Damien." As he spoke, the air cooled - but not uncomfortably. I took a step forward, asking, "Who are you?" The wind slowly picked up.

He looked down at the plain below us. "My name is Adrian Volkov. But my identity is not important - it is yours. You have an awareness of Hawaiian legend, do you not?"

Woah. This kid knew a lot. But then again, I was know for being a myth nut. I loved Greek and Roman mythology as much as Hawaiian. "Yeah. What's it to you?" I asked, defensively. He just grinned. "Believe me, I just want to make sure I got the right person. Anyways, I am not here to talk about the legends you are familiar with. I am here to discuss who you really are."

I squinted my eyes. I didn't understand. I was Damien Ferrera, a Hawaiian-born guy with a 3.5 GPA and a small social circle. Why did he talk like there was something more to me?

He nodded as if he knew what I was thinking. Before he could speak, the temperature plummeted. Staring past my shoulder, he whispered, "Don't move." Tiny water droplets formed around the peak of Mount Ka'ala, and soon the place was surrounded by fog.

A hulking, humanoid form walked past me, nearly freezing my blood. He wore what looked like rags, and had icy, blue skin. His hair was covered in frost. Adrian only looked at him. "A jötunn. Aleifr, this is beyond your realm. How on earth did you - "

"SILENCE!" He shouted. "I wish only to deal with the other demigod for now. You may wait, son of Odin," he sneered, as if he was disdained. Adrian wavered, then stood his ground.

Aleifr turned to me. "I see I interrupted your little epiphany ceremony. At least you know who you are before you are killed. Most demigods don't get the chance." I gaped, staring.

"I don't understand. I want to know more. Please, just let me - " I was cut off by a sudden, earth-shattering sonic boom. The jötunn stumbled and fell as Adrian tossed me a battle axe.

I expected the hulking thing to slam me to the ground - but somehow, I managed to keep on my two feet. "Damien, take care of him," he said, a determined look on his face. I raised the axe, shakily. Aleifr just laughed as he looked up.

"Foolish child. You will never know how to be a true Nordic. NEVER! NEV - " He was cut off as I brought the axe down, catching him in the chest.

What should have been a wound existed a gaping void, slowly sucking in the surroundings like a black hole. Aleifr, along with the fog, was sucked up in it, until it closed completely with a roar. The regular Hawaiian air returned as if nothing had happened. I was still holding the axe. I blinked, unsure of myself. Did I just.....

Adrian spoke up. "He's fine, unfortunately. He is reforming in Jotunheim as we speak, no doubt holding the same grudge against me." He looked at the peak, taking a stone out of his pocket.

"As for us, we should be returning...." He looked over at me. "You OK?"

I stared. "Is it... is it really true? I mean, I have seen some weird stuff, but......" Adrian just nodded. "Yes, Damien. The Greek myths, the Roman, the Native American.... All are still alive to this day. They survive because of the Western world, influencing our daily lives. This includes all of the demigods as well. And you.... you are a Norse demigod."

He tossed his stone in front of him. It spun and spun, separating into six pieces. They revolved around one focal point, going faster, until a bright, fluorescent blue light glowed, and a wormhole-like tunnel formed. I gasped. "What the - where does that go?" Adrian just grinned again.

"Come on. This leads to Old Midgard, the human world, and to Camp Odin. Once we are safely there, I will explain." The tunnel howled, spewing a blizzard unlike anything I had seen on television. It wrapped around me, eventually pulling me in.

I shut my eyes and prayed that I would make it.

End of Chapter 1.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Very nice, I played a game like this with my brother once, can't wait to see where it goes

Profound Creator
    Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Cobalt4191 wrote:Very nice, I played a game like this with my brother once, can't wait to see where it goes

O: I actually haven't developed the story far enough for people to guess it, but if you actually know what it is, PM me XD I will flip out with awesomeness if you guess it.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 am

In the first paragraph, it should be SHIELD (It's an acronym).

It's nice so far! I'll keep reading for sure.

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 am

Demigod wrote:In the first paragraph, it should be SHIELD (It's an acronym).

It's nice so far! I'll keep reading for sure.

Really? Because shield volcanoes are named after the shape, aren't they? I read nowhere that shield is an acronym confused

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 am

Averngers Techno, Avengers.... BUT ME GUSTA!!!! Its really good Smile

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next