Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Sentinel

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Yesterday at 8:04 pm by boyhoy

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Yesterday at 12:09 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute: Resonance
Yesterday at 1:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Winter Night
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:13 pm by Comrade Squid

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:36 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm by Michael DeathFlame

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row : Runite

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinity's Row : Runite

Post by Hime on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm Farore (or as I'm mostly called, Hermy), a moderator and regular roleplayer here on the lovely website of CC. ^-^ For those of you who don't know of/aren't involved in Infinity's Row, a roleplay thread here on Central, you've come to the right place!

This past summer, I announced it as my final ORIGINAL roleplay, since reality was kind of setting in for me. Along with it, I felt the strongest urge to dig deeper into the story that the users were creating. . . Why was this all happening? Who caused it? How did it all begin?

The story you're about to read is the elaborated tale as seen through my main character - Resh Archambault's - eyes. Even though some of you who were kind enough to check this out lost track or never joined the roleplay at all, please don't lose hope, because the whole story is right here! I love you

A special thanks to everyone who has shaped Infinity's Row into what it is today, and made this story possible. You've made it a true blessing and an event I'll never be able to forget. Hopefully you'll find Resh's POV on your characters enjoyable and/or offensive, and know that you're the best at what you do.

And a big thank-you to the readers of this story -- you're too kind!

This initial post will be edited with the table of contents as the story progresses.

Prologue: A Tragedy Unfolds

A clear dusk adorned the sky with its melancholy navy and distant lonely specks of light. Shadows fell on all corners of the land.

There came a snap of twigs as a foot crashed down upon the forest floor. The movement paused, no sounds but the docile calls of creatures in the canopies.

Above, the moon spectated with its grotesque face of anguish. It suspended there, motionless. A single rustle disturbed the peace, followed by a soft and eerie round of giggling.

"There it is." No other words were said momentarily. "The great Ald Ruhn."

A minute orb of otherworldly white light neared the speaker's face, illuminating his beady black eyes and beaky nose and his wretched, thin smile.

Within the great capital there was a bar; this particular joint only saw customers in the later hours, those bothered by the strains of life who sought out a secret means of relief. Mostly, they were men. But few ladies took it upon themselves to sin as well, and are more often found passed out on the curbs beyond the establishment's walls.

One man in particular was present this evening. He sat by his lonesome at the end of the elongated bar, occasionally slugging down large gulps of the beer before him. A red hood shrouded his features as well as his back, so he remained to the drunken citizens as anonymous.

The torch-lit scope was alive with restless laughter and loud words of nonsense. Even when the doors flung open and emitted cold atmosphere, no blasted being took the sensible time to notice.

A pair of heavy boots assaulted the planks of the floor. The man above the shoes sported a rather short stature and a peculiar gait. Before he fully approached the cloaked official, his presence was acknowledged.

"Fir'ir," the sitting man recognized without craning his neck. "Please, have a seat."

Flames flickered in the dark abysses upon Fir'ir's face as he pulled himself onto the vacant chair. "Congratulations, Stein."

The heavy beer mug thunked upon the countertop. "For?" He swiveled his head around, then released an impatient groan. "You brought the sprite?" Evidently, he was referring to the little glowing entity that kept itself by Fir'ir's ears.

He ignored the rude remark and adopted a tone of sarcastic surprise. "Why, for being accepted into the Row, of course."

"I was drafted," growled the boy. "Against my will, mind you. There is a difference."

"My youngest truly admires you, Stein," sighed the ugly little devil, stealing the mug by its handle and taking a swig. It left an arch of foam upon his naked lip. "Arker wishes to join the Row when he is older."

Stein took back his emptied mug, mouth in a tight line. "I don't give a damn about your son."

Sensing the idle threat, the sprite took it upon itself to give an annoyed buzz into Stein's ear. Bothered, he simply swatted it away with the back of his hand.

Fir'ir let loose a few clicks of his tongue. "No, of course you don't. Fortunately for you, you cannot marry now that your are sworn to a clan, and you will not bear a child," he muttered, drumming his stubby fingers against the surface.

Stein hummed, as if pondering whether or not the marriage restriction was beneficial. The pair slipped into a disjointed silence. By now, red-eyed men were swinging at the chandeliers and colliding roughly as if everything were a joyous game.

"You asked to meet me tonight," started Stein once a new topic surfaced in his head. "Why?"

"Are you suspicious?"

"Not quite. I just assumed you had word, since you are the renown oracle of N'al Ren..."

Fir'ir shrugged, chain-mail giving off soft jingles. The melodies didn't rather suit his disposition. "We both know I'm going to die. I just wished to pass on final warning of the future to someone who will treat the knowledge wisely." He leaned in, breath heavy with alcohol and various herbs. "A second war is on the approach. Your demise will be the initiation, like the shot of a gun before a race."

He was then graced by grey, unblinking eyes. "You mean to tell me that I am going to die."

"If you would like to say it that way," cooed Fir'ir's pleasantly. "Then yes, you are going to die."

Stein's great hand balled into a dense fist. His knuckled gradually grew as white as the hair upon Fir'ir's head. "Your wretched little dud will have part in this, I assume?"

"Arker," he argued back cooly, "will not be the true evil in this battle."

He slid from the stool, soundless and calm. Without another word to Stein, Fir'ir took his polite leave, walking on his heel as if nothing was said. Stein watched after the troll with frustration etched upon the wrinkles at the corners of his mouth.

The doors closed. Stein rose to his feet immediately and rushed towards the gleaming silver handles, cloak flapping at his ankles. As the night air caressed his face, he saw himself staring into empty darkness.

His sight slid to the earth below his feet, and he saw it at his toes. Fir'ir's lifeless corpse, whose hideous smile was carved upon his colorless cheeks, an unfinished tale suspended in somewhere only he would come to know.

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity's Row : Runite

Post by Neela on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Oh gosh Hermy. Shocked 

That was chilling. Like really, I have goosebumps.  

I can't wait to read more! That's incredible Very Happy
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 pm

beautiful..... we will finally know the answer to the question everybody has been asking

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Wait. What question? xD
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Resh's feelings

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Oh lol.

We need to RP though so this can keep going too you know Wink
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:39 pm

:O Awesome. I'd like to see what Resh thinks of Aidec Razz
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Resh- The moment I met Aidec I knew we'd be bestfriends, no bro's for life. I never imagined we'd be caught in a bromance though. I love you
Neela
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Beautiful job, Hermione. I cannot wait to see this story progress Very Happy.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:54 am

Thank you, everyone. I love you The encouraging words really mean a ton! I'm glad you're all looking forward to being completely inside Resh's head... Or,you're scared out of your wits. Either way... Exciting!

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top