FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Guide to RPG Creation!

Go down

Guide to RPG Creation!

Post by Hime on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Here in the magical CC Forums, roleplay is easily the most popular aspect of entertainment. If you're a newer member seeking assistance on how typical RPGs are made and developed, you've come to the right place!

Developing Your Idea

This, of course, is the basis of your RPG -- your thoughts. Whether or not your RPG is original or based off of a pre-created story, it's still an idea that must be developed into a story that can be built by many other people as well. For me, I just answer a few questions to see if it could be a successful roleplay:

1. Is the idea clear enough? ~ Basically, you don't want to go TOO overboard with OP information, and you want potential players to understand the concept of the plot they'll be playing with.

2. Does it rely too much on the creator? ~ Having a roleplay that is TOO dependent on one person isn't the best idea. Not only will it die quicker, but it'll cause frustration and disappointment among those who have willingly signed up. Be cautious of this.

3. Does it have a lot of limitations and restraints? ~ Self-explanatory. Wink

4. Does it have ROOM to develop? ~ What this means is - you don't want an RPG with so little planning or so little information that people are always asking... "What do we do now?" This is an issue with a lot of completely plotless and free-world RPGs.

Bringing Your Idea to the Table

A helpful tool here in the forums is the RPG Discussion Forum, where you can tell others of your idea and how they would feel about it. Be sure to clearly state information and potential aspects to the story.

The Making of the OP

I don't know about everyone else, but this is my favorite part -- the original post creation. Here's where you completely sell people on your RPG, just a heads up for future reference. This is where you make the information as interesting-sounding as possible, and intrigue others. Be sure to use nice fonts, nice and readable colors, as well as creative aspects as well, such as pictures or music.

This is also where the character forms will be cited.

Managing Your RPG

I'm admitting this now - I am AWFUL at managing my RPGs. Razz But it's VERY important to do so, otherwise you'll have a potential dead RPG, and that's one of the most disappointing feelings to ever experience on the Internet.

Be sure to check in regularly on your roleplay and let the other players know what's going on. Also, a helpful tool in RPG management is the update center on the first post of the action roleplay thread, where you edit with daily descriptions on what has happened in recent.

These are the basics to RPG creating! I hope it was helpful, and I hope you enjoyed! cat Enjoy your stay here on the forums. Happy roleplaying!

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Guide to RPG Creation!

Post by Mythie on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Great guide hermy! This is going to be very useful to both newbies and veterans

Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Hermione you is perf! This guide is da bomb!

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down