FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Heroes - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Heroes - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Heroes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Heroes

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Heroes - Page 2 Empty Re: Heroes

Post by boyhoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Chapter 2: Ronan

[Way to end on such a dramatic note there Jacob. Now I’m the one who has to tell what horror happened. Thanks for that. Thanks a lot….]

So the plan I thought up was to take the rest of the Athena cabin, a couple of Ares kids, and the few Hecate campers we had and charge the front lines. This should give Jacob and his half of our forces a distraction to sneak around the side and snatch the flag right out from under them. Of course, things didn’t go as planned. When do they ever?

Things started off fine, of course, with us yelling and screaming random battle cries as we dashed like gazelles into the front-line defense of the red team. We were met right away with a large barrage of attacks from the Zeus and Hades forces, always a nasty combination in this death game. Zeus campers were decked in purple armor with a gold lightning bolt somewhere visible while Hades kids sported black or white armor with skull emblems. Lightning immediately went flying everywhere and skeletal warriors were clanking around in pure black armor that hung loosely on their yellowed bones, weapons drawn and ready for blood. My forces gave another rousing battle cry and dived deeper into the ranks, causing a commotion louder than Persephone’s going to the Underworld. As the battle raged, I watched in horror with my mouth hanging open as a Zeus camper I didn’t know slammed his hand onto my half-brother Isaac’s, head and sent a current of electricity running through his helmet that caused him to crumple to the ground like a wet noodle. All around me, my troops were slowly being knocked down under the expert fighting the children of two of the Big Three gods displayed.

Finally, I was able to gather my wits and join the fight. I threw my hands to the side, closed my eyes, and a wind of psychic energy gathered around me, lifting me into the air with ease. I blinked open my eyes, pure gray replacing the sky blue that usually inhabit my irises. I clapped my hands together, sending a powerful blast of energy at three of the Zeus kids, forcing them to their knees in pain. This seemed to re-energize my team and they let out a cry of determination. Minutes passed slowly by as I continued to lead the fight, knocking down opposing campers left and right, creating mass panic amongst the red team.

I glanced down and saw Sydney, a daughter of Hecate, locked in a one-on-one with a Hades soldier. She was 17 years old, same as myself, and had been at camp for about four years now. She had long, flowing blonde hair and a lightly tanned complexion. Her eyes were a sparkling jade, magnificent and brilliant, and they tended to glow when she laughed. Sydney also had the most radiant smile I’d ever seen, positively beaming like one of those bright movie set lights. We always joked that she should get into modeling, which she really should have because she was simply that stunning. Sydney was also my girlfriend at camp. I finally got the nerve to ask her out about a year ago and luckily for me, she said yes. We had a solid relationship going; well, as solid as demigods could have I guess. [Shut it Jacob! Just because you’re hopelessly single doesn’t mean you should make fun of my relationship! Anyway, sorry about that, I guess I was rambling a tad. Back to the battle.]

So as I was saying, Sydney was fighting a Hades soldier. Sydney’s ability was sorcery, basically giving her free reign in the world of magic. I watched from my levitated viewpoint as she shouted out phrases in Latin and various effects took place. First, fire scorched the bones of the soldier. Then his weapons turned to jelly and fell to the ground, utterly useless.

Things seemed to be going good for Sydney; at least they were until Nathan, the head counselor for Hades, showed up. He literally appeared out of the shadows behind her and even from my point in the air, I could see the devilish smirk on his ugly, pale face. I tried to scream in warning, but I was too late. Shadows covered his arm and he thrust it straight through her body, as if she were made of butter. I watched in terror as he removed his arm, fingers to elbow covered in blood, and then vanished as quickly as he came. Sydney let out the shrillest scream I ever heard and fell to the ground, a gapping hole in her chest spewing blood like a broken water fountain.

I flew down to the ground, skidding haphazardly as I landed. I ran over and knelt beside her, body shaking as I watched her chest move slowly up and down, blood still dripping out. I heard kids shouting for a medic and the conch horn sounded, signaling one of the teams had won. I didn’t care. My mind was focused on one thing only.

“Sydney…” I breathed, barely able to form the word as I trembled. She looked up at me and let out a small smile.
“It’s.. not so… bad…” she said slowly. “Only a flesh wound,” and let out a chuckle that turned into a cough. That was a joke we shared when we would get injured. It usually helped to lighten the mood a bit. Not this time.

“Sydney. I- I- I don’t-” I began but she raised a finger to my lips, silencing me.

“You’re.. usu… ally more.. articulate… than that, brainiac.” she choked out, pain from talking evident on her rapidly paling face.
I let out a strangled laugh as tears welled up in my eyes. I gingerly took her head and placed it in my lap, stroking her hair with one hand as she gazed up into the sky. A bit of silence passed before I got the courage to say “Sydney, I lo-” but once again, she cut me off.

“Please. I don’t want that to be the last thing I hear. It would be too painful. For both of us,” she whispered, eyes squinting shut in pain. She reached out a hand and I wrapped it in my free one, barely able to keep back the tears. Her chest rose slower and slower with each passing second.

I bent my head down so it was right above her hers, so I could feel the warm, shallow breaths she was taking, so I could smell the stench of battle and the aroma of flowery perfume on her body, so I could gaze one last time into those beautiful jade eyes. Our eyes locked and she gave me her best attempt at a reassuring smile. Tears openly flowed down my cheeks now, wiping away a line of dirt down my cheek. With her free hand she shakily reached up and wiped them away, resting her hand on my cheek as she did so.
“Goodbye, Ronan.” she breathed out and her eyes closed for the final time.

My body trembled as I lowered her arms to her sides and brushed a stray piece of hair from her face. I bent down one last time and kissed the top of her forehead. I could hear the sounds of hoofs and feet nearing and new help had arrived. It was too late. She was gone.

For the last time, I took a good look at her. Even in death, she was still beautiful. People always portrayed death as gruesome and ugly, but seeing Sydney lying their own the ground, I had a different perspective. My body racked with sobs and I covered my face with my hands. My vision became blurred and the world spun. Later I was told I blacked out, but the last thing I remembered was whispering, “Sydney, I love you.” before crashing to the ground.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Boy your making me cry! Gods your evil

Mythie
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Glimmy wrote:Boy your making me cry! Gods your evil

I think that's a good thing? Lol thank you ^_^

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Wow... So emotional. I'm not even sure what to say, it makes me sad Sad

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43 pm

My friend, you leave me no choice but to top that as best I can, so that's what I'll be putting a chunk of tonight into. Very nice chapter!

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Thank you all so much for the kind words. @Demi- I'm sure your chappie will be ten times better than that xD! I can't wait to read it!

boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Hunter on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Dude... I don't know what you were thinking when you said that you were bad at writing. I am ninja-stalking this. Both chapters are awesome. o:

Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Before I jump into this chapter, I'll just say that we both kind of forgot about this story this summer, but we're both very eager to continue with it! We have several awesome ideas that we're itching to get out there, so... yeah!

~Chapter 3~

My stomach did a 180 as I materialize next to Ronan, a salty haze still falling to the ground. In my left hand was the red team's flag, but I dropped that as I saw the origin of the scream.

"Ronan...." Was the only word that would dare to form on my lips. Sydney had been more of a sister to me at camp than any of those in my cabin.... she just.... couldn't die like this. My fists clenched at my sides despite the cries of the other campers, including my best friend at my feet. As one, my eyes began to glow a sea-blue and my voice was magnified ten-fold with the sound of rushing waves. In one swift movement, I lunged toward Nathan Blake, the counselor of the Hades cabin, who still had the purple blood of a witch dripping from his translucent fingers. Tsunami appeared in my left hand as my right clasped around his thin throat, "Do something, you bastard!" I yelled.

"Th-Thane, just back up, all right?" He gasped, clawing at my forearm as I lifted him into the air. Those from his cabin cried and then stepped back as a conch horn resounded throughout the valley. I did not lessen my grip, but my concentration faltered and Tsunami disappeared into a salty mist.

From nowhere galloped Chiron, the party pony himself, clad in a celestial bronze breastplate and carrying his normal oaken bow in his left hand. Two first-year campers sat unconscious on his back with arrows sticking out of their blue-plumed helmets.

The centaur looked grim as his gaze fell upon Sydney and Ronan, held together in a timeless embrace and said solemnly, "Alas, she will be missed." His gaze then met mine and a silent understanding was received.

"Campers, back to your cabins...." I said under my breath as I released Nathan's throat.

He scrambled away, his cabin and several of the others following him until the only beings that remained were Ronan, Chiron, Josh, the satyr who had brought Ronan and I to camp all those years ago and who had galloped up as soon as the horn sounded, and I. Chiron then spoke, his arms swaying like they do whenever he is worried, "I know she was close to you, but there are larger matters at hand. We cannot afford to dwell on lost hopes..... else we may not have a future to be hopeful of."

I let out a sigh, "And you want the two-" A cough from Josh interrupted me, "Sorry, three of us to go save the world again?"

"I am afraid so..... One of you must consult the Oracle." replied Chiron, who was busy unstringing his bow and fitting it into his leather quiver. One of the children on his back let out a moan. "Shh, Hector, we'll be at the infirmary soon." He turned away and said quickly, "I am sorry I cannot tell you more, there is too much and, well, you know how dryads can be."

He left quickly, patting the small boys on the heads and telling them that they were brave little soldiers today.

I turned towards the two of them and noticed that Sydney had disappeared, but I didn't say anything in hopes of not prolonging Ronan's suffering, "I guess..... we should go...."

Josh stifled a tear and said quietly, "I can't... I'm a satyr, you know I can't."

Ronan looked up at me, and I knew then and there that he was braver than I. We'd been through challenges galore in our time, and I had always been the one to go that extra mile, but he looked up at my with bravery in his grey eyes that made me sad. He deserved better than to watch his girlfriend of one year die in his arms.

"I'll go, Ronan. Josh, can you help him to his cabin? I'll meet you guys there after I talk to the Oracle, assuming I'm still sane." I say, standing up straight; taller by a head than Josh before running off, feeling their gazes follow me until I passed out of sight.

A tear rolled down my blood-and-soot-stained cheek.

Through the door, past the table, up the ladder; I'd done it before.

Through the trapdoor, in the attic, to the mummy; the routine was almost sickening by this point.

I stood tall and still in front of the Oracle of Delphi, who was encased inside of the mummified body, until green smoke billowed out of her mouth and eyes and a voice filled the room, "Ssssson of Possseidon, well met again.... lisssten well, for I shall not repeat."

She paused for a moment and then spoke in her raspy voice once more,

"Three of the greatest will rise once more
to save the immortals from what is in store,

yet what is to come has already happened,
and the king of challenges shall not be slackened.

Through thick and thin these three must go
to save the immortals from what is in store,

Yet in the end, death will follow,
and it may just be more than they can swallow."

The mist swirled around me once more before dissipating, leaving me alone and with a myriad of questions.

Minutes later, I was standing in front of Ronan and Josh, having already recounted the prophecy.

Ronan spoke quickly, as was to be expected of a child of Athena, "The king of challenges.... Eurystheus..... we must complete the challenges of Hercules."

Last edited by Hero of Time on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Administrator
Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:20 pm

ooooooooooooh......... Awesome job!

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 am

That was great Demi!! Awesome chapter! Mine should be coming up sometime soon guys! I have wisdom teeth removal Thursday though so idk when I'll get around to writing!

boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum