FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Tale of the Twins - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Tale of the Twins

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tale of the Twins - Page 2 Empty Re: Tale of the Twins

Post by Mythie on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Ok I just checked.... It's reverse so my entire theory up there is crap Smile

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Sorry I didn't read this sooner! I love the foil that Ladon provides for Avery and vice versa. I do wonder what factions they'll pick. Very Happy

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:53 am

So I know it's been a very long time since I've posted a chapter of this, and I doubt any of you still care about this story. But in case someone out there does, I just wanted to post this little update.

For some reason, I've been feeling compelled to write more of this story. I don't know why, but I have. So just to let you all know, I have finished chapter.... four? (I think it's four. Too lazy and tired to look right now. Oh awk it's three...) But ya it's finished and I just need to edit and read it over a bit so it should be up tomorrow!

I also decided to give you a small rundown as to what will be in this chapter. This chapter focuses on Avery's experience taking the Aptitude Test and we also find out his suggested faction. So if any of you still read this, you can look forward to that! Thanks to all of those who have read this in the past and I hope you enjoy what I've been working on!

Also, I will most likely not have a new chapter after this one up for a while. Finals are coming up for me in a few short weeks and I'm going to be swamped with homework and studying and stuff. But please be patient and know that I will update this, and the Heroes story, as soon as possible. Thanks again Smile

Last edited by boyhoy on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Sweet! I really want to see what factions they pick in the chapter after the next. Very Happy

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:14 pm

POST. POST. POST. :DD I wanna read it! Very Happy

Tale of the Twins - Page 2 YSSVP9Y
    Sal
    Sal
    Roleplay Moderator
    Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Post. Do it boyhoy. You know you want to.

Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 pm

So here it is! I hope you guys enjoy it. CnC is always welcome Smile

~Chapter 3: Avery~

“Hey. Bro. Bro. Avery. Brother. Aves. Bruda. A. Assclown. Aviator. Broski. AVERY!” Ladon calls and shakes me until I finally look up from my book.

“What do you want?!” I shout, irritated that he was interrupting me. I had just reached the most amazingly suspenseful part of this book and my idiot brother had the nerve to pull me out of that world. And don’t act all surprised. I can read too, ya know. I actually loved reading. So keep your snide comments about my reading to yourself, k?

“Geeze! I was just telling you it’s time for lunch. And you know what that means, right?” Ladon inquires.

“Ummmmmm they‘re serving us pizza today?” I ask, unsure of what he was getting at.

“No you moron! It means it’s time for the aptitude test. Or did all that fairy tale reading make you forget about reality.”

“Shut it, Ladon. You’re such a little bitch sometimes,” I snap and stomp toward the cafeteria. After a few steps, I spin on my heel and face him. “And it’s not a fairy tale! It’s a wonderful tale of a boy who finds a dragon egg and through magic and the power of love must save the world!” I shout, spinning away once again and letting out a humph.

I hear the pounding of footsteps behind me and know Ladon is racing to catch up. “Hey, I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to offend you or anything,” he apologizes, looking down at the floor in shame.

I stay in silence and keep up the grim frown on my face, but after awhile, I can’t help but allow a grin to escape. “No worries, bro,” I assure as we enter the cafeteria. A lot of the kids were already there so we just went over to the Candor table and took our seats.

I went to open my book again but sighed and decided against it. Now was not the time for reading. I nervously tap my fingers on the table repeatedly, my left leg twitching up and down. Glancing over I see Ladon was nervous as well. And as the eldest, it was my job to help him relax. I rest a hand on his shoulder and grin. “No worries,” I say again and he gives a small smile in return.

After what seemed like hours, I finally hear it. Our names being called. “Avery Ransik. Ladon Ransik,” an instructor announces in a crisp voice, along with three other names I didn’t recognize. We both stand up and make our way over to the rooms that were sectioned off today for testing. I give one last look at my brother, winking and nodding encouragingly before I step into my room.

The room was nothing like I expected. Mirrors lined the walls from floor to ceiling, casting my reflection back at me from every angle. I turn a bit and flex my arm a tad, admiring myself in the reflection before hearing someone clear their throat nearby. I turn my head and notice a woman standing next to a computer. She was donned in gray robes, her dull brown hair pulled back tightly in a bun and her hands folded neatly in front of her, typical Abnegation. If you had asked me how old she was, I wouldn’t be able to tell you. She looked startlingly young yet something about her conveyed wisdom and experiences only an elder could possess. She was incredibly plain yet at the same time extraordinarily beautiful with her jade green eyes that seemed to stab through my soul. I quickly shake my head realizing that I was almost getting turned on by this lady who could very well be thirty years older than I was.

“Well, are you going to sit down or not? We have many more students to test and cannot afford to waste time,” I hear her say to me, her voice melodic and gentle yet witty and sharp at the same time. I wordlessly walk toward her, just now noticing the chair that was set up next to the computer system. I also noticed the jumble of wires and monitors that were set up around the computer, causing my heart to beat faster with nerves.

“Now, now. There’s no reason to be frightened child. Just sit, relax and everything is going to be over soon,” she coos. I simply nod, knowing that anything I said in this situation would not be appropriate. I sit in the chair and set my arms on the armrest as instructed. I steal a glance at myself in the mirror and notice my face is more pale than usual. Get it together, Avery. They can’t kill you or anything. It’s just a freaking test. I think to myself and inhale deeply, attempting to calm my nerves. I then risk a peek over to the woman to see her fingers dancing across keyboards and connecting wires around. After a minute or two, she looks up and starts toward me, a tray in hand.

“I should probably introduce myself and explain what’s going to happen this afternoon,” she says as she walks. “My name is Charlotte and I am a member of Abnegation. You are about to take the Aptitude Test to help determine which faction you belong to,” she explains as she sets the tray on a small table near my chair. “I need to hook up a couple wires to you so that I can monitor you throughout the test,” she informs me and quickly attaches two wires to my temples and onto my arms. She then plucks a syringe off the metal tray and fills it with a strange colored liquid.

“Wh- what the hell is that?” I stammer, my body beginning to shake more and more with each passing second.

“Avery. Relax. This is a simple serum. I have to inject this into your neck in order for you to begin the test.”

“You’re crazy!” I shout, reaching to pull off the wires. Before I can reach it, I feel something pierce my neck and look up, seeing Charlotte inject the serum into my neck. “You bitch…” I mutter before my vision goes hazy and everything turns black.

I don’t know how long it takes but suddenly I realize I’m back in the school cafeteria. However, instead of it being full of kids sitting at their respective tables, it’s completely empty. A voice rings out through the room, loud and clear. “Choose one!” it proclaims.

“Choose one? Choose one of what?!” I ask and look down, seeing two items laying in front of me. One was a knife, one was a block of cheese. “Ooooooh choose one of these?” I ask, projecting my voice into the room.

“Choose one,” the voice repeats.

“Hmmmm…..” I muse as I stare at the items. I snap my fingers as an idea strikes me like lightning and grab the knife. You see, my plan was to take the knife and then grab the cheese, using the knife to cut it so that I could eat it since I was starving after not being fed lunch today. Little did I know, as soon as I grabbed the knife, the cheese disappeared.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” I shout,  enraged. “This is some SERIOUS bullshit!! I want my damn cheese you assholes!!”

My only reply is a deep, animalistic growl. Either Mrs. Everly found out I lied on the bus and had come to consume my soul or there was an angry and hungry animal behind me. I slowly turn around and see a wild dog barring its teeth with its fur sticking straight up as it crouches low to the ground. I wasn’t sure whether to be relieved or terrified about this turn of events, because honestly, Mrs. Everly would have been worse. However, I could tell this dog was a total badass and if I didn’t figure out what to do fast, this thing would tear me apart without a second thought.

“Easy there. Easy big fella. I know you probably want to devour me right about now, but I can promise you that’s a sucky idea!” I say keeping my voice as level as possible. I risk a glance upward only to be met with a flash of fur crossing my face. Acting purely on instinct, I thrust my arm upward, impaling the creature in the chest. I feel its body go limp as blood starts to coat my arm, traveling down to my elbow and splattering onto my shirt. With a sound of disgust, I fling the animal to the side, leaving a trail of crimson blood smeared across the cafeteria floor.

Within a second, the scene shifts and I’m no longer in the cafeteria. Instead, I’m on a crowded bus riding through the center of town. I look down at myself and realize that the blood has vanished from my arms and my clothes are completely clean. Just as I begin to wonder what I’m doing here, I hear a gravely voice speak up from next to me. “Hey, do you know this guy?” it asks, waving a newspaper and pointing to a picture on the front cover.

I turn my head, making eye contact with the man. He pulls up his hood so I can’t get a good look at his face and points to the paper again. “I said, do you know this guy?” he repeats. “This guy caused a bit of a problem for me and I want him to burn in hell for it. So if you know, you better tell me,” he elaborates. I’m able to tear my eyes away from the man’s stare and settle my gaze on the paper. For some odd reason, I felt as though I did know this man on the paper. I should tell this hooded man I knew him, right? I mean, that would be the honest thing to do. But I had a horrible feeling in my gut that if I told the man what I knew, something awful would happen.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know this man,” I tell my mysterious new friend, keeping my voice level and calm.

“You’re lying, aren’t you!?” he shouts, suddenly in a fit of rage. “You better not lie to me. This man burned my face!” With that, he rips off his hood. His face is completely burnt and badly damaged, with blisters and tight, raw skin covering his features. His entire face was either a crisp brown or a bright pink, highlighting the various degrees of his burns. I knew now that I needed to tell him. But something stopped me again, this feeling I couldn’t shake of awful events to come if I told him the truth.

“I told you once already, I don’t know him,”  I repeat, my voice betraying none of my emotions. “You’ll have to ask someone else,”

And with that, the scenery changes again. This time, when I open my eyes I find myself in the room surrounded with mirrors. I glance over and see Charlotte standing at her computer system, staring at it in intense concentration. The beeping alerts her to reality and she walks over, her long strides covering the distance with ease. “Welcome back,” she greets with a grin. “You performed marvelously in the simulation! Well done!”

“Ummmm thanks?” I reply, unsure of how someone could perform well or poorly in something like that. Whatever I did, it was apparently a good job.

“Based on your actions in the simulation, we were able to determine which faction would best fit you’re personality. Are you ready to hear?” she inquires, a mischievous glint in her eye. For someone from Abnegation, this woman sure had her unique personality, nothing like the mindless Stiffs that Abnegation usually produced.

As she begins to pull off the wires from my body, my mind races as to what I could be put in. I had no idea how the simulation gauged where you belonged; I just reacted to each situation going off of what my gut told me to do. I didn’t think that any of those situations could determine a faction. Well, maybe the lying proved I wasn’t meant for Candor, but I assumed that going into this test. I was just so unsure about everything else that went down. I turn my head to Charlotte, nodding in response to her question.

“Your results are for Dauntless,” she states. “I will now explain how we arrived at these results. Throughout the simulation you acted on impulse and instinct, a quality most Dauntless possess. You chose the knife in the first test, ruling out Amity. You did not possess enough knowledge to back down from the dog and instead faced him head on, killing him in the process. This increased your chance of Dauntless and proved you are not intelligent enough to survive Erudite. Finally, on the train, you lied to the man, ruling out Candor. At the same time, you refused to help him by turning in the man on the newspaper which shows you are not selfless enough for Abnegation.”

I listen to her explanation, my thoughts drifting off as she goes along. Dauntless? Of all the factions I could have gotten, it had to be Dauntless?! How can I survive there?! Those people are insane… jumping off trains and shit… I wouldn’t last a day there… But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed to be possible. I was always wanting to get out of Candor and this might just be the way to do so.

“Do you understand your results?” I hear Charlotte ask me and again I nod. “Then you are free to go. Classes for the rest of the day have been cancelled so you are allowed to head home. Have a nice day,” she ends and turns back to the computers. I wordlessly get out of my chair and walk out the door. I mindlessly shuffle through the students standing around school and make my way out to the front of the building. I felt completely numb at this point, terrified as to what my future would hold. Me. Dauntless. The faction of bravery. Am I brave enough to join  them? I would never fit in there. I don’t know the first thing about being brave. And what about Ladon? There’s no way he’s going to get Dauntless. That means we’ll be separated. I can’t lose him. He’s all I have. I can’t leave him. I think, my thoughts spinning like a tornado.

I sit down on the broken and cracked concrete steps of the school and wait for Ladon to finish his exam. As I’m sitting, I see, no make that hear, the roar of voices and stamping of shoes. Considering we had no wild animals in town, it could only be the stampede of the Dauntless, racing to catch the train as it leaves. Usually, I ignored them and looked the other way. This time was different.

I pick up my head and study their movements, watching their arms and legs pump, inspecting their strides and how they seemed to move as a single unit, racing toward their destination as if they were one person. Something about them was mesmerizing and beautiful. They all looked so different and unique with their own individual piercing, tattoos, and choice of clothes. Never before had I imagined a group of people that looked so different could be so unified. Here in Candor, everyone had the same basic attire of black and white, formal clothing. Despite our universal appearances, Candor was disjointed with people who only saw the world in black and white with no desire to interpret their surroundings. Watching the Dauntless brings a smile to my lips, a smile I never would have expected to surface at a time like this. Because the Dauntless were living a life in a way I never have before. The Dauntless were free.
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neela on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 am

Knew it. KNEWWWW IT~!

But really! Nice chapter! I loved how he was totally digging Charolette Wink

Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:46 am

Thanks, Neela Very Happy

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:38 am

Beautiful

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down