FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Tale of the Twins EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Tale of the Twins EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Tale of the Twins EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Tale of the Twins EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Tale of the Twins EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Tale of the Twins EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Tale of the Twins EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Tale of the Twins EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Tale of the Twins EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Tale of the Twins

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tale of the Twins Empty Tale of the Twins

Post by boyhoy on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

~Chapter 1: Avery~
    I would like to say I was able to wake up that morning with the sun shining through the teal curtains in the bedroom I shared with my brother, parents waiting downstairs with breakfast hot on the table with loving smiles at the two of us, me being able to live a carefree and beautiful life. But that shit only happens in movies and sappy books. No, my life wasn’t like that at all.

What I actually woke up to is what you would expect from a poor family living in Candor. Dusty room, grime-covered window panes, thin and scratchy sheets that did nothing against that god-awful cold at night. Even the grass outside our house was dead and lifeless. I flicked my sheet back and rose to my feet, scratching the small of my back and letting out a groan as I stretched the sleep from my body. I glanced over and saw Ladon still sleeping. Figures. He always slept in. Ladon was my brother, my twin if you want to be technical. We were identical twins so people often had a hard time telling us apart. Same blonde hair that reached our ears (we even had the same haircut), same piercing blue eyes, same freckled face and pale skin, same body structure- tall and lean, you get the picture.

Our personalities were also very similar; we were both honest to an extent, intelligent, all that good stuff. However, I was always a bit more sarcastic than Ladon. He was often friendly and straight-forward with people. That was always our biggest difference. He viewed the glass half full; I questioned why this glass analogy was started in the first place and scoffed at the idiot who would leave a glass half-full.

A stir of motion catches my eye and I glance over, seeing Ladon finally getting roused from sleep. “Wake up, loser. It’s almost time for school.” I holler and kick Ladon’s outstretched leg. All I get is a grunt in reply so I make my way into our obnoxiously small bathroom to get ready.

As I start to brush my teeth, I glance in the mirror and see Ladon directly behind me. I leap into the air with fright, bumping my elbows into the walls multiple times. “What the hell, Ladon? I’m trying to get ready here.” I meant to say but since I had my toothbrush in, it came out a bit like “Whashelaeon. Itryangetdyere.”
    “Well maybe if you didn’t hog the bathroom, I wouldn’t have to scare you. Ever think of that, brainac?” he jokes with a wink as he nudges me to the side so he can get ready.

I make an ugly face and flip him the bird before spitting into the sink. I guess you could say I wasn’t much of a morning person. I take a look at the clock and realize we were going to be late for school. With a few choice words at the universe, I splash some water on my face and run out into the bedroom. I throw on the first white dress shirt and black slacks I see, standard Candor attire, and pull on my shoes. “I’ll stall the bus for you!” I shout to Ladon and dash out of the room. Running through the kitchen, I find it empty. No surprise. Mom and Dad were never around. I roll my eyes, pushing the feelings down and barge  through the front door, sprint down the sidewalk to the corner, and skid to a stop just as the bus pulls up. I put on my best smile just as the doors slide open.

Before I go on, you should probably know a few things about our bus driver, Mrs. Everly. First off, she’s a bitch. Which leads me to the next point, she got left at the altar. Which is no surprise due to her crappy attitude, repulsing face and body, and just overall grossness. And despite being single, she insisted we call her Mrs. Everly. So, when I told Ladon I’d stall the bus for him, that was all depending on how Mrs. Needs-a-tic-tac would respond.

“Good morning Mrs. Everly!” I say with mock cheerfulness. “You’re looking exceptionally lovely today. Is that a new uniform?” I ask, mentally stabbing my heart with a dull butter knife repeatedly. Luckily for me, I live in Candor. The faction of “The Honest”, which you’d be surprised how many people can actually lie here.

Anyway, Mrs. Everly was one of those people who thought everything anyone said was honest. So, it was no surprised she believed my web of lies. I could actually see her cheeks start to redden at the praise. “You really think so, Avery? I always knew you were a softie!” she crows, her voice sounding like gravel.

“Of course I do, Mrs. Everly! I would never lie to you!” I say innocently, my smile staying plastered on. “I need a favor though. Could you hold the bus for a few minutes? My brother is going to be right out! I promise!”

“Well, I’m normally not allowed to hold the bus. But you and your brother are such kind and honest children. And with your living condition, I just feel awful for you two! I’ll make an exception this time,” she decides and I flash a grateful smile before taking my seat on the bus.

“Hurry up Ladon… I can’t take much more of this.” I mumble as I glance out the window.
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Tale of the Twins Empty Re: Tale of the Twins

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Bwahaha, that was awesome. Very Happy
    'He viewed the glass half-full; I questioned why this glass analogy was started in the first place and scoffed at the idiot who would leave a glass half-full.'
    Dude, that line made my day! And on top of that, your grammar's splendid. Very Happy Great job!

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Thank you so much, writing Very Happy! That means a lot Smile.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Es muy bueno!

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Gracias, mytheh!

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:33 pm

*Chapter 2: Ladon*

I hear a slam of the door and realize my brother has left the house, taking off at his usual fast pace. My brother was very headstrong and reckless. He always rushed into things and liked to move quickly through life. One of our differences was that I was the total opposite. I liked to take it slow and enjoy the simple things in life once in a while. Like the smell of a freshly cleaned house, the birds singing outside, the warm morning sun, just being alive. Avery didn’t give a second thought to those kinds of things. Which was precisely the reason why Avery was hauling butt down the street while I was at home, calmly getting dressed for school. I glance out the window and see a mama blue bird feeding her babies a worm. The babies were chirping in anticipation for the meal the mom had so thoughtfully provided for them. That’s how a mother is supposed to act, I can’t help thinking and sigh sadly. The scene brings a small, yet heartbreaking smile to my face and I turn away.

Shuffling out of the room, I glance at the small kitchen table we had. Every time I look at that table, I’m reminded of how alone I am in this world. That the only person I have is Avery. Our parents never came around. I don’t even know if they’re alive right now. My mind begins to wander back in time but I quickly shake my head. No. I won’t go there. Not today, I tell myself repeatedly until I’m satisfied I won’t think of them. Without a second glance I march out of the house, slamming the door behind me.

I make my way down the street, knowing I could very well be left by the bus. But I had a feeling I wasn’t. Avery could be very persuasive, especially when he lies. What’s stupid about Candor is that everyone believes everyone is telling the truth. ALWAYS. Which I guess makes sense considering we’re all supposed to value honesty and stuff. But when it boils down to it, not everything is black and white.

As I walk, my eyes gaze at the houses on my street. I’ve seen them a thousand times but today it really hit me how much my neighborhood sucks. All the houses were one story with paint rotting off the exterior, wood fences decaying from rot, grass mostly brown (which made no sense considering it’s been raining for a week), shingles fallen from the roof, the works. Everyone here was poor. None of us ever had much. But I never complained about living here. My neighbors were always so kind to Avery and I; they truly have become our family over the years.

“Ey Avery! Get to school ya’ trouble-makin’ whippersnapper!” Mr. O’Leary hollers from his front lawn as I walk by, shaking his fist in the air like your classic old man from a TV show.

“I’m Ladon, sir.” I correct politely as I come to a stop in front of his house.

“Oh. That’s right. You are, aren’t cha?” he realizes with a squint of his eyes. “Looks like I need to get these glasses checked out eh? Well, keep up the good work kiddo!” he chuckles before going back to raking up leaves.

“Thank you sir! I can come stop over tonight to help you with your yard!” I call with a wave as I continue down the street.

“Umm Ladon?” I hear a voice peep and I glance to my left. I see Matilda Hanson, a young girl with giant pigtails and the biggest brown eyes I’ve ever seen, standing slightly behind a tree on the edge of the sidewalk.

“Yea, Matilda. I’m Ladon.” I clarify with a big smile. Matilda was a shy girl and easily frightened so she always preferred my gentle soul to Avery’s rough and tough exterior.

“D- do you th- think you c- c- can he- help me?” she stammers, her cheeks the color of a ripe tomato.

“Sure thing!” I say as I kneel down to eye level with her. “What do you need help with?”

I can see Matilda start to calm down some and the color fades from her cheeks. “I was flying my kite and it got stuck in the tree,” she explains, her eyes beginning to well up with tears.

I raise my gaze and see a sky blue kite decorated with a brilliant rainbow and clouds of pure white stuck between two branches of a tree. A tail of pink ribbons trailed down from the end of the kite. “Hey, no sweat.” I say reassuringly as I grab the lowest branch and hoist myself into the tree. I easily scramble up a few branches like a squirrel and reach out for the kite. Clutching it tightly, I give a yank and it dislodges from its trap. Gingerly, I make my way down and jump the last few feet, landing with a soft pad on the sidewalk.

“I believe this belongs to you,” I say as I hold out the kite to her. She snatches it up, as if she was afraid I would take it away, and grins widely up at me.

“Thank you, Ladon! You’re the best!” she cries as she rushes in and hugs me tightly. I chuckle and pat her back before she detaches her hold and rushes off toward her house.

“Be careful where you fly that next time!” I call out after her as she runs. When she escapes from view, I look down at my watch. A sense of dread wells in my chest and I sprint like a gazelle down the sidewalk, realizing I was very late for the bus now. Within a minute, I skid to a stop at the corner and climb the steps. “Thank you so much for waiting for me ma’am. I hope I wasn’t too much of a hassle. Love the uniform by the way!” I schmooze as I make my way down the aisle and plop into a seat next to Avery.

“What the hell took you so long!? You don’t even know how much
    kissing up I had to do to get her to hold the bus for ya!” Avery complains as he glares at me.

“Sorry. I got caught up in a few things.” I explain as the bus doors shut and the engine roars to life.

“Whatever,” he mumbles as we set off down the road and he stares out the window. We sit in a silence for a few minutes before he turns his head around and stares accusingly at me.

“What did I do now!?” I ask as I throw my hands into the air in surrender.

“You actually like her outfit?!” he hisses in disbelief.

“You’re not the only one that can lie bro.” I whisper with a wink.

We both let out a loud laugh and strike up a conversation as the bus rolls along its path to school.

boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:42 am

Another great chapter! I believe I know what factions they are going to end up in ( and I'm guessing both the same one because Avery picks first and Landon is practically an abnegation so he will give himself up to be with Avery.... And now you're not going to make this happen because you don't want me to be right)

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:31 am

I've been toying with ideas for different factions and I have it down to two different pairs. I won't be giving away any hints though Wink

And wouldn't Ladon pick before Avery? I thought it was reverse alphabetical order.

boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 am

I thought it was regular alphebetical..... There is a high chance that I'm wrong though

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Caleb chose before Beatrice right? If so then it's reverse. I don't remember who chose first though Razz.

boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next