FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 3:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Today at 9:13 am by Salphirix

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Today at 12:12 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 7:41 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Camp Half-Blood [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Tue May 22, 2018 11:15 pm by boyhoy

» [APP THREAD] Superior RPG
Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 pm by NightOwl

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Tue May 22, 2018 3:39 am by WritingBookworm

» {APP THREAD} The Divine
Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm by Salphirix

» ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]
Fri May 18, 2018 5:51 pm by Shaybaysasuke

May 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Becoming a Moderator

Go down

Becoming a Moderator

Post by Adrian on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Moderators can be explained as the police men and women of the Internet. They are generally seen as a significant group on a forum, and are usually looked up to.

Being a moderator isn't just about having a sexy name tag or having power, however. There is a lot of responsibility that comes with it, such as looking into reports, settling disputes, and handling problematic members.

How can someone become a moderator? Well, there isn't an exact process, but there are many ways to get recognized enough by the admins.

DO:

• Be helpful. Helping others out shows teamwork and leadership, which are important qualities that are looked for when admins find new mods.
  • If something needs to be added (like a guide), then add it! You can collab with others if you want.
  • Have good knowledge of the topics you are participating in (such as RPGs, writing, and art). That will give us admins more confidence that you are well experienced.
  • There is a matter of seniority.* Generally, members who have been around for a while are chosen to be mods

*Exception: Moderator experience on other forums is a big positive. Be sure to provide not only that you have previous experience on the form an admin may send you, but how long and even where you were/are a moderator.

DON'T:

• Actually ask to become a mod. Admins like modest users, not ones who come off as beggars. If you ask, the chances of you becoming a mod will actually (and greatly) decrease.
  • Get suspended or banned (or even warned). This goes without saying, probably, but we don't want moderators that have a history of being a troll, or starting a flame war, or anything. We can't know if that will happen again, and it's best not to risk having a mod do that.
  • Be inactive for long periods of time. Moderators should be able to patrol the forum regularly (at least once a week), and having people fill up mod spots just to go inactive for months at a time is unfair to the other potential candidates, as well as the admins that elected them.

These are just several ways of gaining positive reputation. When an administrator feels you are ready, they will send you a PM asking if you would like to accept a position as a moderator, and providing a form. Once you accept, you will soon be joining the staff of Creativity Center!

Last edited by Parallax on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:39 am; edited 3 times in total

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Re: Becoming a Moderator

Post by boyhoy on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Awesome guide, Zedd! All members that are interested in becoming a moderator in the future should definitely take the advice given here!

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Starts studying intently, thanks Zedd, to tell the truth, I've wanted to be a mod since I joined.
Paradox
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum