Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation

Post by Ace on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:09 am

I thought the scene was very well thought out. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out what this initiation is. But if I had to guess it will have something to do with stopping the missile.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 am

Ace wrote:I thought the scene was very well thought out. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out what this initiation is. But if I had to guess it will have something to do with stopping the missile.
    Oh, the initiation. When students first began coming to Evergreen, the plane began breaking down and the students had to jump off the plane without a parachute. Then they had to make their way to Evergreen--only to find out that it was all a set-up. It was pretty much that I was referring to.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
    Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
    Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:22 am

Oh okay that makes sense since she is jumping off the side of the building.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:36 am

Ace wrote:Oh okay that makes sense since she is jumping off the side of the building.
    Yeah. Razz Except it's an airplane. Now that I think of it, I may have not made that fact clear. . .

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah but now the air rushing out makes sense. I didn't understand that until now.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Another great chapter! If you want me to get all spelling crazy you misspelled Evergreen the first one (left out an e)

Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:51 am

I. Love. This. And I love you!
    You are brilliant, writing. I can't find another word for you - I think simply brilliant is perfect. This writing is incredible, and I'm so touched your bringing Evergreen back into the forum in the best way. Amazing. I will keep reading.

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
    I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
    Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Mythie wrote:Another great chapter! If you want me to get all spelling crazy you misspelled Evergreen the first one (left out an e)
    Thank you, Mythie! I fixed it. Very Happy

Naru-Sama wrote:I. Love. This. And I love you!
    You are brilliant, writing. I can't find another word for you - I think simply brilliant is perfect. This writing is incredible, and I'm so touched your bringing Evergreen back into the forum in the best way. Amazing. I will keep reading.
    Dude, of course. Very Happy Thank you for freaking starting Evergreen. You allowed me and many others to really extend our limits with characters, and at the end of the day, nothing can replace that. Smile

Also, I'm really sorry that I haven't posted the final part yet. It's just. . . well, it's really not a good idea to do that while being caught up in the storm that is NaNoWriMo. However, there's a chance that I may actually finish 'Stones of Power' (which is my NaNo Project) before NaNoWriMo itself, and if that's the case than that'll be the next thing I'll work on. Smile

WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Part 4 is around 75% complete, so it should be out today! Sorry to keep you waiting!

WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation (Part 4)

Most people scream.

They feel like they're about to die, so they scream.

Now I feel like I'm about to die, so I laugh.

I laugh very, very hard, with my eyes wide until my abs hurt and I struggle for breath and my limbs flail about because oh my gosh I need something, SOMETHING solid to hang on to otherwise I'm so gonna die--

Then I feel a strange wave of calm overcome me. I'm an Evergreen agent. I've skydived twice before.
    Now I've gotten to the point where I can breathe and think straight. That's good.

I look down, almost too focused on finding the device to focus on just how far down that ocean is.

There it is. It's several feet below me, but there it is.

I glue my rigid arms to my sides and plummet headfirst towards the device like an arrow. The rate of my speed picks up, picks up, picks up--

It's within arms reach.

I force my arm through the wall of wind, squinting as I reach out for it--

The device is snatched away by the wind just as my fingers graze the edges.

I swear. I begin adjusting my body to go after it again--

I feel something in contact with my body leave. I look to my right and see my good luck charm rip free from my leg pouch.

Mom's Hawaiian coaster.

I feel the air leave my body and my eyes grow to the size of plates. No, that can't fall, I couldn't have been stupid enough to leave my pouch open because that's the last thing she gave to me before she died, that's the last piece of her I have left but it's still spiraling away from me faster than I can move to catch it--

And to my left there's still the device.

I can't go after the coaster. If I do there won't be enough time to get the device and guess the cancellation code.

The realization is like a deep punch that plunges to the bones of my stomach.

If I go after it, Evergreen will fall.

My mouth is agape. I almost forget that I'm freefalling.

And suddenly, the choice is easy.

I square my shoulders and manuever my body to the left.

And then--

Before I can even register it--

Within moments I find the device is in my hand and my lips are in a wide grin.

I have to remind myself that I haven't won the battle yet.

There are nine didgets on the cancellation device, so there are a lot of possibilities for the code. I guess this means I'd better get started.

0000. Nope.

0001. Nope.

0002. Nope.

I keep trying until I reach 2021. Still nothing.

My fingers tremble. I can't keep guessing like this, it'll take me nowhere and Evergreen will be destroyed, if it hasn't been already.

I clamp my eyes shut. Come on, Ash, THINK. Perhaps the code would be of some sort of significance, like a birthday or something. It was a long shot, but it was better than guessing around.

Blackheart had mentioned that they were sisters, and from the looks of it, they were also in the same year together. Perhaps they were twins. In that case, they could probably share the same birthday.

July 8th, 1974. That could fit the criteria.

I wait with baited breath. If this doesn't work, then. . .

The screen flashes the same bright red NEGATIVE that stabs me right in the gut.

Birthdays. . . Cora was close to her, but I obviously don't know her birthday. . . Anniversary, maybe, but dang it how am I supposed to know that, either?

I almost thrust the device to one side, as if I can actually slam it into something--

Wait.

Dates of death.

I'm nearly paralyzed when I discover that there's still one more thing I can try.

September 9th, 2007. The date that haunted me for years.

Slowly I recover. I guide my gaze back to the device, and I look at it as though I'm seeing it for the first time.

I punch in a 9. Then another 9. Then 07.

I hit enter.

AFFIRMATIVE.

I draw in a large, victorious gasp, hardly daring to believe it. "YES!"

A new message pops up on the screen. CANCEL WARHEAD? PRESS 1 FOR YES AND 2 FOR NO.

I slam my finger on the 1 key.

I release a releaved exhale. There. I did it. I actually managed to save Evergreen.

Now there's just the little problem of me falling straight to my death.

The ocean rushes at my face at an alarming rate. I open my mouth in a soundless scream, praying that perhaps the impact of crashing into the ocean WON'T kill me of cause a severe injury, because water's softer than ground, right?

Something catches the back of my shirt, causing its front to dig into my throat. Before I can react I feel something wrap around my waist, and a sudden and hard upwards yank causes my body to roughly jerk upwards.

I turn my head around and feel it accidentally slam into something.

Or, rather, someone's face.

"Ow!" I hear. "Geez, you're welcome!"

"Ace?" I say in disbelief.

"Who else?" he says as he gingerly touches his nose with his free hand.

I wince. "Sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it." He readjusts his hold on me by adding his second arm.

Then his face turns into one of satisfaction. "You know, it looks like you owe me two favors now?"

"And why's that?"

"Because this is the second time I've saved your life."

"You know, if you're going by that logic, then you owe me a favor as well."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, you know, back when I had that standoff with Blackheart."

"Pssh, I had complete control of the situation."

"No you didn't."

"Okay, good point. But I still win. I did it twice."

I send him a glare of death. "Shut up!"

Ace laughs, and after a few seconds, so do I.

My laugh settles into a simple smile. For the first time since I dropped out of the plane, I drink in my surroundings. Thin slivers of clouds crawl across the endless expanse of blue, and boy do I mean endless--wherever you turn, there's the sky. But it's not really annoying. It's more comforting than anything, and so is the quiet. I draw in a nice, long inhale, and like this, up in the air and thankfully attached to a parachute, I can truly relax.

"Hey, I can see land up ahead," Ace says. "We'll land and figure out where we are from there."

I just nod, still in bliss.

The coaster.

The memory of it attacks me like a viper would, suddenly and strongly. My eyes burst open and then they dart around all over the ocean, hoping, praying, for some sign of it--

There's none.

Nothing but the ocean.

And with that, I know.

It's gone. Permanently.

Somehow, Ace senses my discomfort. "Something wrong?"

I mull over the words. "No," I say after some deliberation.

I'm surprised to find that it's true.

Because I know that up above, or maybe right beside me, I don't know, but somewhere, she's smiling.

Quite frankly, it's more than a memento could ever provide.

There's one more part after this. Smile

WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next