Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Seoulite[SGRP]
Today at 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 1:00 am by Kane

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 2:31 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Yup, this is an Evergreen thing. I didn't know where to put this, and I really wanted to write it, so I just decided to create a story thread for it.
    It's pretty much a conclusion for Ash Harrison's arc. I was gonna write this a really long time ago, but I never got around to it. If you're reading this and weren't in the original Evergreen RPG, here's the lowdown--Ash Harrison is my character, a fourteen year old who is really mischievous and lost her mother when she was ten. Her mom is Eva Resnik from Evergreen: Foundation. This is set a few years after the RPG.
    I heard from a writer's conference that you recognize that a story is over when you bring the characters to 'the threshold of adulthood', when they have changed and have learned their lesson, etc. Now, I'm finally taking Ash to the threshold of adulthood.
    It's been a good ride, Ash.

Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation (Part 1)

"Gah, would you just stop being so ridiculously close to me?"

"Oh yes, I would love to do that in this grand, open area of sixteen square inches."

I look over my shoulder as best I can in the gray vent and give him my best glare. I manage to make eye contact with Ace Underwood, whose head is uncomfortably close to my rear.

"Ha ha, you're so hilarious." I roll my eyes. "You can still move backwards, you kn-"

Voices. Down below.

I shut up and began crawling onward, making my movements deliberate so I make as little noise as possible. If either of us are caught, then the mission will be over before it even begins. I'm on a recon mission--apparently the ESO caught wind of a huge SRSIA aircraft that had some very suspicious cargo onboard.

What's the cargo? Dunno. That's what I'm here to find out.

Or, should I say, WE. I'd been assigned to carry this out with not Rosie, or Max, or Shaun. Instead I got stuck with Ace 'I'm-So-Freaking-Awesome' Underwood.

Ace is approximentally eighteen years old, one year older than me, and is one of the top students in the school. He's the type that I usually hate. And I do hate him--in a way. Most people I know will just ignore or scoff at my banter. Ace doesn't do that. He joins in. To be honest, that's pretty refreshing.

"What is it?" he whispers.

"If you just be quiet, then perhaps we'll find out."

That's when I see an opening on the bottom of the duct. Light streams into the darkness, and I peer down the slits.

Beneath us is a white hallway. Two guards, a male and a female, both who look to be in their early twenties, carry advanced-looking rifles and watch the area with shifty, perceptive eyes.

"Cora, how close do you reckon we are?" asks the blonde male.

The black-haired woman shrugs. "I don't quite know, Ben. Blackheart hasn't told us too much."

Blackheart.

The codename awakens a distant memory. Back when I'd done a lot of research on my mom's time in Evergreen, I found yet another document, a hard copy. It was a file that had many details on Mom, but I knew just about everything already.

Except for one thing. Under ALLIES was 'Blackheart'. This interested me, so I abandoned my research on Mom and instead began investigating Blackheart. Turns out, I could never find anything on him. Blackheart apparently was very good at covering his track. But he had missed a spot; the document I'd found.

Now I see why. Blackheart. . . Works with SRSIA now.

Their conversation goes on before I can properly process this discovery. "But I bet we're close." Her lips shaped a cruel smile. "They'll all be dead before they know what hit them."

"They?" I look up at Ace. "Who's they?"

"If you just let me listen, then perhaps we'll get an idea."

"Well maybe if YOU just--" I rack my brain, searching for some witty response.

Ace raises his eyebrows. Those blue eyes look far too amused for his own good. "Go on."

"I . . . You . . . Ugh, you'll find out soon enough."

"Oh no, I'm just SHAKING out of sheer terror."

"You will when your face meets my buzzer!"

"But then soon enough your face will meet my pistol."

"In that case, your face will meet Mr. Pocketknife!"

"Mr. Pocketknife? You sound like a preschooler naming her teddy bear."

"Y-Your mom sounds like a preschooler!" The retort doesn't do anything to help my cheeks, which feel as hot as a stove.

He laughs. "Is that really the best you can come up wi-" Suddenly his eyes widen.

I open my mouth to say something, then I realize why Ace stopped talking.

Because so did the two guards below.

I risk a glance below. Both are looking straight up at the vent. I tear my eyes away before I can make eye contact with them and my heart pounds against my chest.

I look back to Ace. On three, he mouths.

I'm too nervous to argue. I nod. I get out Mr. Pocketknife and slowly loosen the screws of the vent with its tip.

When I'm done, he holds up a hand and shoots a finger out. Two fingers.

Three.

The male guard, Ben, reaches for a walkie-talkie and activates it. "Atkinson to Blackheart, we may need back-up--"

Ace and I jump down the hole and land right in front of the two guards. Seconds later Ace's dual pistols are drawn while I have my handbuzzer at the ready and my knife pointed at them. "Neither of you move," he says. "Otherwise I may have to shoot your face."

"Or I'll stab you 37 times in the chest!" I add excitedly.

Ace looks at me for a split second. "Is that a Llamas With Hats reference?"

"Yes, yes it is."

"Ooh, good one."

That's when the reinforcements arrive. Multiple thuds press into the metal floor, and before Ace and I can do anything five men and women have come from both ends of the hallway and have our guns trained on us.

Uh oh.

The female guard, Cora, smirks. "Is this really the best the ESO has to offer?"

That remark was supposed to be snide, but instead it helps me regain my confidence. "Actually. . ."

I slowly walk backwards until I find myself bumping into Ace, who says, "While we may not be the best. . ."

We exchange looks. The tips of his black bangs fall into his eyes, and he smiles as deviously as I do whenever I successfully pull off a prank. Suddenly I feel a rush of adrenaline.

"We're pretty dang close," we say.

With that, we attack.

Ace fires from both of his guns while I spring up and attach myself on one guard like a parasite. I climb to his shoulders and wrap my legs around his neck, effectively cutting off his circulation.

"The viking warrior Mikkel Kessler, will now brand his name," I sing. I turn my waist around and stab a guard's shoulder just as he's about to stab me himself.

The guard I'm on finally begins to tip over, so I leap off of him and place my buzzer on a female's collarbone as I land on my feet.

"Yeah, you'll hit the floor again. Unleashing hi--" I duck as a punch is thrown at me. "--You will not even hear the bell." I grab her shoulder and give her a clean punch to the jaw.

I whirl around to see the last uninjured guard running straight toward me. "Maybe you're strong but you don't stand a chance."

I feint an attack only to manuever around him, hack him across the back with Mr. Pocketknife and stamp my buzzer on his shoulder for good measure. "Feel the power of a warrior--"

I look behind me too late. The guard I stabbed earlier performs a roundhouse kick at my legs. They give and I tumble to the ground in a heap.

Pain shoots up my side. I grimace, and lift my torso up to assess my surroundings.

I look up, and the first thing I notice is the cool barrel of a gun touching my forehead. I reach for my knife, but his finger is already on the trigger.

Two bullets puncture his side at the simontaniously.

That's when the guard finally collapses, cursing in pain. Once he's on the ground I see Ace sliding one of his pistols back into its holster. He grins and holds out a hand.

I raise my chin. "For your information, I had complete control of the situation."

"No you didn't."

He's right. If it hadn't been for Ace, I'd be dead.

I take his hand and he pulls me up to my feet. "Thanks."

I look around; the guards on my side are all either moaning or unconscious. Same with the ones on Ace's side, except they all have bullet holes in various places--shoulders, kneecaps, and I think I see one in a crotch.

"That one was an accident," he explains when he sees where I'm looking. "Well, not really an accident, as I was trying to shoot them, but it kinda just--"

"Ended up in the wrong place?"

"Yeah, that."

That's when I notice that the two leaders, Ben and Cora, are gone.

"Ace," I say slowly, "did you take care of the first two guards?"

Right on cue, alarms begin blaring through the room. Ace's smug look slides into worry.

"Well, now we know where they went," I say. "So much for espionage."

"Don't talk like that, we can still do this." He grabs the guard who had almost shot me and shoves him against the wall. The guard thrashes and attempts to hit him, but Ace overpowers him quite easily.

He puts the gun to the guard's forehead. "Where's Blackheart?"

"Like I'm telli--"

I cover my ears just as a gunshot goes off. The guard yells in pain.

"You have three bullets in your body now, plus a nice stab that my friend here gave you. I don't recommend even thinking about resisting in this condition. Now where's Blackheart?"

The guard opens his mouth, probably to protest again or say something about how he'd never tell, but instead he weakly points to the right.

Ace smiles. "Thank you for your time." He grabs the guards head and slams it against the wall, then runs off. I follow while trying to get the image of the slumped guard out of my head.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" I ask once I catch up to Ace.

He shakes his head. "I have a no-killing policy, just like you." Before I can ask just how he knew that I had a no-killing policy, he says, "By the way, were you actually singing back there?"

"Yup. Warrior's Call."

"But why?"

"If you're beating the crap out of them, you might as well sing about it. Besides, it's good for developing stamina."

"Huh. Maybe I should do it."

I grin. Finally, someone who understood. "It can be really fun."

That's when we heard footsteps drawing nearer to us. I picked up the pace and my breathing became more labored.

He threw his head over his shoulder. "It's Ben and Cora," he said.

Ace skidded to a halt, spun around and drew his second pistol again.

I stopped as well. "What're you doing?"

"Holding them off. You go find Blackheart or whatever cargo they have. Notify me when you have."

"But--"

"Look, I just shot five guards, and I'm not even going to elaborate the ten men I took down in Barcelona." His lips form a half-smile. "Given that there are only two of them, I'll probably be with you in just a few minutes."

There was no time to argue with him. It was the best emergency plan we had.

"Good luck."

I turned around and broke out into a run again. I heard a "Won't need it!" just as I turned around the corner.

Ace is buying me time, so I need to use it as best I can. I run so fast that I nearly trip, turning which way and that as I speed through the halls. At last I come across a set of sleek, black double doors at the end of the hallway.

I decide to try my luck there. I shoved one of the doors aside and enter the room.

That's when I meet her.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
    Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
    Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Evergreen 1.5: Confrontation

Post by Ace on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:25 pm

I saw my name in this so I have decided to read it!

Edit: But tomorrow when I am not so tired at half past midnight.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 pm

@Ace wrote:I saw my name in this so I have decided to read it!

Lol, okay. Razz And I got Ace's name from the Bakugan character, actually. Then I realized that he had the same name as you. . . Razz

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 am

WRITING YOU TOTALLY SUCK!!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME ON A FREAKIN' CLIFFHANGER?!!?!?!? LIKE WHY!?!??!?! UGH

boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:10 am

It's her mama..... Oh how much I miss the evergreen days..,

Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 am

@WritingBookworm wrote:

Lol, okay. :PAnd I got Ace's name from the Bakugan character, actually. Then I realized that he had the same name as you. . . Razz
    You don't really think I'm that pretentious, do you? That's what I meant, of course. I didn't think you had named a character after me. I just was curious when I saw my name so I decided to read your story.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 am

@Ace wrote:
    @WritingBookworm wrote:

Lol, okay. :PAnd I got Ace's name from the Bakugan character, actually. Then I realized that he had the same name as you. . . Razz
    You don't really think I'm that pretentious, do you? That's what I meant, of course. I didn't think you had named a character after me. I just was curious when I saw my name so I decided to read your story.
    No I don't, I was just explaining. . .

WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 am

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 am

Well I thought it was really well written. Of course, there were a few errors and mistakes in spelling and grammar, but I understand because I don't go back and check long posts either. It takes too much time. The fight scene was really nice. I don't know what a buzzer is, but that is my fault for not knowing much about the story. Otherwise, I thought everything was explained very well for someone reading this for the first time. I think it was great.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 am

@boyhoy wrote:WRITING YOU TOTALLY SUCK!!!! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME ON A FREAKIN' CLIFFHANGER?!!?!?!? LIKE WHY!?!??!?! UGH
    The cliffhanger was really that bad? Huh.
    Just wait for Part 2. However bad you think this cliffhanger is. . . That one is much worse. (:<

@Mythie wrote:It's her mama..... Oh how much I miss the evergreen days..,
    Sadly, Eva's dead as dead can be. Sad
    I know, right? Those RPGs were freaking brilliant. Very Happy

@Ace wrote:Oh, okay. Thanks!
    Yeah, you're fine. Sorry for the confusion. ^.^'

@Ace wrote:Well I thought it was really well written. Of course, there were a few errors and mistakes in spelling and grammar, but I understand because I don't go back and check long posts either. It takes too much time. The fight scene was really nice. I don't know what a buzzer is, but that is my fault for not knowing much about the story. Otherwise, I thought everything was explained very well for someone reading this for the first time. I think it was great.
    Thank you. I really appreciate these kind of comments. Smile
    And a buzzer is one of those things people put on their hands while pretending to give a handshake--it ends up giving the victim a little shock. Except Ash modified hers so it electrocutes instead of shocks.

WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next